PDA

View Full Version : Television Can I get UK television in Tenerife without internet?

gsc
06-08-2014, 11:52
Guys I am getting really confused here. I've just been told you can get a system for 400€ no subscription on a 1.3m dish, not internet, that will give all the English channels. That surely can't be right?

junglejim
06-08-2014, 18:35
Who told you ?

gsc
06-08-2014, 18:59
I don't want to get into naming names unless they choose to advertise it themselves in case I have crossed wires but I'm told it is piggy backed of another system and is just the UK channels, no Sky etc, designed to run instead of or beside other stuff.

Megaloo
06-08-2014, 23:00
I get my BBC channels from a BBC box and an ariel had it for a number of years now and works really well I pay 100 Euros a year licence after the cost of the instalment,
In fact I have a box here that is for sale and paid up to March 2015 . But it would have to be installed of course.

TonyLA2
07-08-2014, 18:23
Since we started to lose channels on the dish or they were breaking up I switched to a real IPTV system which give me around 90 channels, all bbc and itv etc 4, 5 etc plus now all the sky sports channels. I wouldn't want to go back to a dish personally the picture on the IPTV is far superior to the dish picture and I have 14 day catchup on all the channels you would want to watch so never miss anything these days. Great to be able to watch F1 and soon the Ryder cup really looking forward to that.

gsc
07-08-2014, 19:01
The only problem I have is 7 bedrooms in the house and upstairs flat, which means potentially several people downloading, on Facebook or whatever at times. I have an IPTV system which works well 'most' of the time but I would prefer a satellite system alongside.