PDA

View Full Version : Other What hotels are there on the Golf del Sur, Tenerife?

Trailblazer
06-08-2014, 22:36
Hi there, new to the forum and welcome some advice.

I am traveling to Tenerife in September. Been to Los Cris many times as my parents and girlfriend live there. It is my gf's birthday when I am out there and thinking of a mini break for probably 3 nights.

One of the areas I am thinking about is GDS (mainly as neither of us have been here) and would welcome some advice from the forum members on hotel recommendations.

We are looking for somewhere nice (but not too expensive) with bars and restaurants within a short walking distance. Some reviews say that certain places are remote.

Thanks

TB

LUCKY
06-08-2014, 23:13
There is nothing remote at GDS. we have the Golf plaza ,Parque Albertross, Aquamarine,Santa Barbara,El Nautico and Tenerife Golf. Bars are abundant here in GDS. Have a look on trip advisor also google maps the street version. I have included a link with a map of the area :flatcap:

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=A111GB0&p=map+of+golf+del+sur

kingbaker
07-08-2014, 06:10
Wott about Green Park??:p:p

Tom & Sharon
07-08-2014, 08:15
The nicest hotel in the area is the Sandos

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g635888-d1234433-Reviews-Sandos_San_Blas_Nature_Resort_Golf-San_Miguel_de_Abona_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

It's a long walk round by road, but if you're young and fit, you can walk across the beach to the bars and shops, and it's literally just a couple of hundred yards.

IMHO the next nicest hotel on the golf is the Vinnci. Good seafront location, nice furnishings and pool area, and reasonably priced. The food doesn't get great reviews, so I'd do b&b, as the restaurants are all within a stones throw.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g672806-d639786-Reviews-Vincci_Tenerife_Golf_Hotel-Golf_del_Sur_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

It's a much nicer hotel, and better location than Tripadvisor's no. 1 The Golf Plaza. Some of the rooms in there are a bit grotty, definitely not 4* and the food's supposed to be dreadful!

LUCKY
07-08-2014, 09:28
Wott about Green Park??:p:p

Sorry Green Park :flatcap:

kingbaker
07-08-2014, 21:51
Green park has nice appts (or the ones that I've stayed in)...large and airy studios, with aircraft almost landing on the roof. Good if you're I:D:pnto aviation. :p;)

mully
07-08-2014, 22:03
Didn't know Green Park was a hotel? Best bit is the Sundowners pub, cheap & cheerful and a good atmosphere!

LUCKY
07-08-2014, 22:56
Green park has nice appts (or the ones that I've stayed in)...large and airy studios, with aircraft almost landing on the roof. Good if you're onto aviation. :p;)

surely you are knott :flatcap:

martincrabb99
08-08-2014, 19:39
Green park has nice appts (or the ones that I've stayed in)...large and airy studios, with aircraft almost landing on the roof. Good if you're I:D:pnto aviation. :p;)

Very true, I was in sundowners and the aircraft come over really low....I liked it though!

LUCKY
09-08-2014, 00:08
Very true, I was in sundowners and the aircraft come over really low....I liked it though!
It is that low , I can get off the plane there and mount my pushbike put on my cycle clips and ride to Lower GDS.(sorry if this as upset mike of chayfo):flatcap:

harrikermol
06-09-2014, 14:31
Hi, I go to the GdS every year for 3 months and stay at Green Park which is cheap and cheerful. Nice pool area, needing a bit more tender loving care, but it is gradually improving there. The best bar on the Golf is in Green PARK (My opinion) it is probably the cheapest SUNDOWNERS and they have a Restaurant next door and round the back of green park near the pool area LA MON. nice chicken meals there. The bar is full of lovely friendly people and there is karaoke on Thursday, and Sunday nights and quiz night on Tuesdays and it is all a real bit of fun.
Golf Plaza Hotel is next door, I understand that is reasonably priced. Parque Albatross is next to that.
Not too far within walking distance is San Blas which is a couple of squares with several bars and restuarants with entertainment all around.
We have been going to Golf del Sur for almost 10 years. We have stayed in Los Cristianos and Playa de las Americas, but now always return to the Golf. Enjoy regards Wendy

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I really like Green Park
Wendy

kingbaker
06-09-2014, 16:45
Meee tooo .....always get my laundry done there with 'you know who' :cool::rolleyes::p