PDA

View Full Version : It could be me but I can't scroll down.

Margaretta
07-08-2014, 17:27
Hola! I haven't been on the TF a lot lately but when I am, I'm losing patience and the plot because posts are condensed and I'm going up and down trying to find the post after the one I was reading. It's getting seriously annoying. Did I press the wrong button? Is this the new way of presenting threads? Is there a way that an individual can go back to the old method?I realise that there is a lot of info within the Forum but it has become very difficult indeed to follow the flow. When I jump back to the top to look for wherever I was up to reading, it needs a lot of scrolling and remembering to find it. If anyone can help....thank you.

junglejim
07-08-2014, 19:22
Not sure what your problem is , posts condensed ??- try CTR + to increase size .

What browser are you on ?

Margaretta
07-08-2014, 20:49
Hi Junglejim. thank you for responding so quickly. Google Chrome is my browser. This is what I'm getting with little boxes on the left:

Margaretta It could be me but I can't... Today, 17:27
junglejim Re: It could be me but I... Today, 19:22

I can't just read everyone straight down and I have to keep jumping to the top box.

junglejim
07-08-2014, 20:52
Do you have internet explorer a s a second browser or Firefox , you could try on those or download one of them to try , to see if the problem is with chrome.

blondie
07-08-2014, 20:58
Do you have internet explorer a s a second browser or Firefox , you could try on those or download one of them to try , to see if the problem is with chrome.

While we are on the subject of problems within the Forum ,can anyone tell me why I do not have a Thanks on my page ?

08-08-2014, 00:01
While we are on the subject of problems within the Forum ,can anyone tell me why I do not have a Thanks on my page ?

Nothing has changed as faras I can see (Firefox anyway). How do you mean 'THANKS ON MY PAGE'?

LUCKY
08-08-2014, 08:24
Nothing has changed as faras I can see (Firefox anyway). How do you mean 'THANKS ON MY PAGE'?
possibly the one to the right of blog this post , the one button with a thumb :flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2014, 09:26
It could be the ads that now appear at the right hand side of the first post on a thread or at the top right of the page where it says

"page 1 of 3" for example

there is this button to press >>

click on that Margaretta see if that works

mike in chayofa
08-08-2014, 09:55
It sounds to me like you have picked up some malware or other nasty thing from the internet.

What anti virus program are you using?

If you download a program from the internet, NEVER use the recommended installation, they usually add stuff(sometimes harmful) that you don't want or change your homepage and loads of other things.

Always use the CUSTOM download. That way you can see what will be installed.

If you haven't got it, install Malwarebytes from HERE (http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html)

or even better download Norton 360 from HERE (http://us.norton.com/downloads-trial-norton-360?inid=us_hho_topnav_download_detail_360)

Do not download both, they may coflict.

With Norton 360 go to 'tasks' and run 'live update. After that go to 'scan'. You will be amazed at the stuff it finds. It mostly corrects or eliminates all sorts of nasty things. Some things it won't automatically correct, but it will show you what need to be done - just click 'fix'.

The Norton 360 is a 30 day free trial. Providing that you are fairly computer literate, I can PM you details of how to extend this to 180 days. I am sure that you will be able to figure out what to do at the end of the 180 days :wink:

Margaretta
08-08-2014, 20:45
Mike, thank you and many others for your considered answers. My Norton is totally up-to date and is not giving me any problems. I wasn't sure whether the way in which posts were presented were just condensed at the top of the thread so people could choose whose posts they read. I like to read all of them in a thread and just scroll down simply one to another. At the moment i am reading one post and jumping above it, scrolling each post starter to find the next one to read in the thread. It's all there but laborious to read.

mike in chayofa
08-08-2014, 22:07
...... Google Chrome is my browser.

Have you tried using another browser? Firefox, Safari, IE (spit)

I always used to use Firefox, but it started to 'play up' .... memo to me - look into this :lol:

The reason that I ask is that I am usually using Chrome nowadays and have no problems, but both Barclys Spain and Barclays UK only displays half a page (the rest is just a blue block of colour) on Chrome, but these sites work perfectly with Safari.

Addick
09-08-2014, 11:11
Just a thought, have you been in to your forum settings? It sounds like they might've changed from Linear to Hybrid? I changed mine to see what it did and kind of looks like what you are describing with name, title and date/time.

Go to Settings>My Account(on left of screen)>General Settings>Thread Display Options... check that the drop-down box says 'Linear - oldest first' and Save Settings.

Don't know what else it might be if not. If you could post a screenshot it may help.

Margaretta
10-08-2014, 16:54
Addick, you're a genius! I did all you suggested and it works!! Back to scrolling. Thank you so much and thank you to everyone else who gave me their time and ideas. Happy to be back to normal!!:hi::thanx:

Addick
10-08-2014, 18:45
Addick, you're a genius! I did all you suggested and it works!! Back to scrolling. Thank you so much and thank you to everyone else who gave me their time and ideas. Happy to be back to normal!!:hi::thanx:

You're welcome. :D

Hate it when things change like that and you don't know why (I do a football score prediction thing each week and for the last year couldn't log in on firefox but was fine on chrome - never did work out why, but tried it this week for the new footy season and it's OK again...now I'm annoyed cos I never got to sort it myself!). Nothing big in the scheme of things but as you say, gets seriously annoying.