PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Casablanca in the San Telmo centre?

minimadmandy
09-08-2014, 10:50
Has anyone been to Casablanca in the San Telmo centre in Los Cristianos?
Spotted this while we were out last week, but as holidaying with the family so didn't pop in.
I'm coming back again with 6 other ladies and we were wondering if it would be good for a dance and night out?? We're all a bit old for the night clubs full of kids getting very drunk and falling over, so we're looking for a place where we can enjoy the music and have a dance without worrying about that sort of thing!

marbro8
09-08-2014, 11:14
Has anyone been to Casablanca in the San Telmo centre in Los Cristianos?
Spotted this while we were out last week, but as holidaying with the family so didn't pop in.
I'm coming back again with 6 other ladies and we were wondering if it would be good for a dance and night out?? We're all a bit old for the night clubs full of kids getting very drunk and falling over, so we're looking for a place where we can enjoy the music and have a dance without worrying about that sort of thing!never been in the casablanca but for the sort of night you are looking for i would suggest a nice hotel? i think that you are allowed to go into most hotels in tenerife with nightly entertainment, as long as you are paying for your drinks they would probably be pleased for your custom;)

junglejim
09-08-2014, 11:25
A number of the AI hotels aren't taking cash at bar but room card only - Bouganville does this so outsiders can't buy a drink - seems crazy !

blondie
09-08-2014, 17:10
A number of the AI hotels aren't taking cash at bar but room card only - Bouganville does this so outsiders can't buy a drink - seems crazy !

The vulcano is another hotel that uses room cards to pay but visitors are more than welcome and pay after each drink purchased. We always go there to hear the wonderful Jeff Leyton, he played Jean Valjean in the musical Les Miserables for 17 years, a joy to listen too

bonitatime
10-08-2014, 09:11
Casablanca gets a prodominately Spanish older clientel you will be fine there

timmylish
11-08-2014, 00:53
Ah!!
The happy memories. For years Casablanca was the most popular of places to go last thing for me and my friends. It was always a Spanish night spot, hence our enjoyment of the place. Fell out of one of the window seats onto the deck below once. Surfaced to find I had managed to hand my drink to a lady friend, just as I was testing out the parachute apparatus!
Thursdays tended to have a larger English speaking influence don,t know if that,s still the same.

Ecky Thump
11-08-2014, 08:10
Ah!!
The happy memories. For years Casablanca was the most popular of places to go last thing for me and my friends. It was always a Spanish night spot, hence our enjoyment of the place. Fell out of one of the window seats onto the deck below once. Surfaced to find I had managed to hand my drink to a lady friend, just as I was testing out the parachute apparatus!
Thursdays tended to have a larger English speaking influence don,t know if that,s still the same.

Ah!!
The typical young Scottish tourist, too much cheap Spanish Whisky and falling out off seats!

I like the wording "Lady friend"...it shows a sign of ageing decorum, I was expecting
.........."the bird I was with, grabbed me drink":p

Greg
11-08-2014, 20:52
Same answer from me really, it used to be a top spot, I have no idea if it is now. The worst that can happen is that it is quiet. I would recommend trying a night out there, there are many very good restaurants in that block to start your night off and quite a few other bars to try out if Casablanca isn't to your liking. It is a very safe area, enjoy.
PS- You may also enjoy Magic Lounge, Harries Bar and Buda Bar.

timmylish
12-08-2014, 21:46
Ah!!
The typical young Scottish tourist, too much cheap Spanish Whisky and falling out off seats!

I like the wording "Lady friend"...it shows a sign of ageing decorum, I was expecting
.........."the bird I was with, grabbed me drink":p

I do dislike inaccuracies in posts so I must strenuously deny the 'tourist' element as I went to Casa,s as a full time resident of some years. As to the 'bird' suggestion I,ve never really liked referring to Spanish 'chicas' in that way. However on various other occasions I have to confirm that your allegations might well have some truth to them hence awakening the following day in various resorts such as Royal Palm or the likes! Fantastic memories which, unfortunately, too few of my pals are now able to recollect.
Oh and Casablancas in the hills (nr. to San Isidro or thereabouts) is memorable with 'black' music being the order of the night and mornings!

Bazz
12-08-2014, 21:50
The vulcano is another hotel that uses room cards to pay but visitors are more than welcome and pay after each drink purchased. We always go there to hear the wonderful Jeff Leyton, he played Jean Valjean in the musical Les Miserables for 17 years, a joy to listen too

Yes, he's brilliant, as is his niece Elaine Alexander. I think we'll go into the Vulcano this time to see him rather than Brahams & Liszt. It's much more comfortable!

timmylish
12-08-2014, 22:44
Yes, he's brilliant, as is his niece Elaine Alexander. I think we'll go into the Vulcano this time to see him rather than Brahams & Liszt. It's much more comfortable!

I,m not too sure that the O/p is looking for such a quiet sort of place, esp. since she,e coming out with a plane load of screamers.

Bazz
16-08-2014, 15:52
- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I,m not too sure that the O/p is looking for such a quiet sort of place, esp. since she,e coming out with a plane load of screamers.

They said they were too old for nightclubs!
Soon liven it up then!

minimadmandy
20-08-2014, 23:26
I didn't say we were too old for nightclubs, just didn't want to go to the sort where you have to dodge vomit and fighting by 18 year olds! (Like being at a party with my son and friends!) Age range of my group from 32 up to 50 so a mixed bunch of ladies all well behaved but not ready for hotel cabaret tribute act entertainment quite yet! although we did all go to the drag show MHT last time we came out (very good and very funny).

timmylish
21-08-2014, 19:41
Thank goodness at least one of us was able to determine the likely requirements of the o/p and team!