PDA

View Full Version : Other Information wanted about the Island Village complex in Torviscas Alto

LUCKY
10-08-2014, 09:38
I hope i have posted this in the correct place.

I have some friends coming over from the uk next week.They are staying at the Island village.
Can anyone tell me anything about the Island Village. Is it good , bad, its location , are there any bus stops nearby. How much would a taxi be from there to Lower GDS. What good bars are close by ?
Looking forward to your replies thank you.
:flatcap:

imablue
10-08-2014, 10:13
Its in San Eugenio Alto above Aqualand, well above that is ..
There is no bus route up there, the nearest bus stop is at The Cobra Bar near Laguna Park 1/Rumpot Pub .
Quite a walk up to Island Village from there..the best thing on that walk would be a stop at
The Toby Jug Pub.
Would think at taxi would be around €25-€30 similar to airport fare from Torviscas/San Eugenio ...:)

Malteser Monkey
10-08-2014, 10:19
There is no bus route up there, the nearest bus stop is at The Cobra Bar near Laguna Park 1/Rumpot Pub .
Quite a walk up to Island Village from there..the best thing on that walk would be a stop at
The Toby Jug Pub.
Would think at taxi would be around €25-€30 similar to airport fare from Torviscas/San Eugenio ...:)

Is the carvery place still there, used to be nice food.

Morning Lucky:hi:

imablue
10-08-2014, 10:31
The carvery as in James,s Brasserie... ? that is now Iceland if thats the place you mean .!!

Malteser Monkey
10-08-2014, 10:44
The carvery as in James,s Brasserie... ? that is now Iceland if thats the place you mean .!!

Blimey just googled it and it's still on their website but yes that was the one I meant, thanks

junglejim
10-08-2014, 11:24
The Toby Jug Pub.

If you're not sure where it is , there's a guy takes his mountain goats up every day !
It's about 15 min hike uphill from Bus Stop at Cobra Bar , over motorway

https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&where1=Avenida+Austria+46%2C+Adeje%2C+Canarias%2C+ Spain&name=Island+Village&mkt=en-US

LUCKY
10-08-2014, 11:34
If you're not sure where it is , there's a guy takes his mountain goats up every day !
It's about 15 min hike uphill from Bus Stop at Cobra Bar , over motorway

https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&where1=Avenida+Austria+46%2C+Adeje%2C+Canarias%2C+ Spain&name=Island+Village&mkt=en-US

It does look a bit of a hike . Do the holiday makers wear breathing apparatus. It looks to nearly at the sumit of Everest.Think what we will do is take a bus from Lower GDS. then contact mountain rescue and hitch a lift with them. Or maybe a Taxi. Thank you for the map.:flatcap:

kingbaker
10-08-2014, 11:43
They could get a cab to Adeje Roundabout, then right up the hill to the paraglider take~off spot. They might fly them over and drop them off.
They should've stayed in Laguna Pk 2, as they have a free minibus up and down to the beach every hour during daytime.;)

Red Devil
10-08-2014, 11:55
Or you could get off bus at San Eugenios shopping centre then walk up past Las Dalias hotel, over motorway bridge and turn left past the White Windmill restaurant and just keep walking, its not as far that way and hill not as strenuous.

kingbaker
10-08-2014, 12:39
Coming from Sax bar, taxifare to Laguna Pk 2 is about €7.50 at night...probs cheaped during the day.:cool:;)