PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Conflicting info re social security payments

Belinda
13-08-2014, 23:05
Hi there,
For autonomos that don't earn a lot, Social Securty is a real problem at 260€ plus per month. However, I've just been told by a contador that if you earn less than 7,000 y pico Euros that you don't have to pay SS. I've never heard of this one before! So on talking to someone who is a government employee who works as an adviser for small businesses, she tells me that you do have to pay SS as an autonomo as soon as you start earning. And went on to say that the contador was 'irresponsable' but that you could not pay. However the Hacienda would take you to court and you would have to prove that you earned less than 7,000 €.
Does anyone know what all this about?

Belinda
22-08-2014, 22:21
Hi all,
Anyone know about this lower earnings level where you don't pay SS - or is this just another fairy story?

MrsTT
23-08-2014, 22:09
There is currently a reduction to €50 per month for new Autonomos under 30 years old, who have not been autonomo for at least 5 years. This is to try and encourage the young to start up theires own businesses. Everyone else, who registers as Autonomo whether you make a loss or make a fortune has to pay the full rate, no exceptions. For us this is currently €286 per month each.

laimakap
18-09-2014, 13:57
This is the article from local Tenerife newspaper :

Self-Employment Incentives – No Help For Existing Traders
November 8, 2013
The much fanfared Self- Employment* incentives brought in by the Spanish Government appear to be having little effect.
According the the Spanish National Institute of Statistics, the number of self employed people*(autonomos) in the whole of Spain as at October 2013 stood at 3,038,700 just 4,000 more than in September of this year.
On the ground in the Canaries, 215 new companies were created in September while 49 were dissolved.
The “Support for Entrepeneurs” bill* 14/2013 , which became law in September, was supposed to address the issue of crippling levels of social security contributions which are are popularly seen as holding back small businesses.
The law brought in a 50 euros flat-rate social security contribution, initially only for new autonomos under 30-years-old but the age restriction was subsequently lifted.
However there are strings attached:
The new trader must not have been previously registered as an autonomo any time in the preceeding 5 years.
They must not have employees.
Apart from these basic conditons set out in the law, the Department of Social Security have imposed their own restrictions:
The autonomo may not be the adminsitrator of a registered company or corporation (S.L. etc.)
They may not be an “autónomo colaborador” in other words a family member working in the family business.
Given these qualifying conditions the scheme will reduce social security contributions by 80%* of the minimum quota in the first six months of activity, by 50% in the next six, and by 30% in the final six* months.
The scheme is being advertised as a flat rate of 50 euros, but the truth is that since the*minimumrate for an autonomo’s social security payment is 256.72 euros and that the reduction will not affect the temporary incapacity quota, the amount payable during the first six months of activity will be around 75 euros. During the six following months 146 euros, while* finally will end up at about 170 euros for the remaining 6 months before going back to the normal rate.

Not sure whether it's changed since then.

bonitatime
21-09-2014, 10:18
Not sure where you saw it was a flat rate but it was always clear if you read Spanish that it was a sliding scale

SGold
21-01-2015, 13:01
Hi
I´m interrested in this subject too. What do I have to pay on SS
Thanks

KirstyJay
22-01-2015, 01:03
Hi
I´m interrested in this subject too. What do I have to pay on SS
Thanks

How old are you? Have you ever been autonomo before? If so, when? Answer these questions then we might be able to hazzard a guess at an accurate answer. :)

SGold
22-01-2015, 10:26
I´m almost 57 and here in Germany for over 10 Years selfimployed.

KirstyJay
22-01-2015, 12:54
I´m almost 57 and here in Germany for over 10 Years selfimployed.

Then your cuotas will be above 260€ a month. Maybe 270€ or thereabouts. I pay about 260€ and I'm 41. It only gets higher and you are not entitled to any reductions as you do not live in Spain now and you have not previously paid into the system.