PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Rental Recommendations wanted for accommodation in La Gomera

martincrabb99
14-08-2014, 16:52
I am considering a visit to La Gomera in September and would like to stay in a typically Canarian hotel or self catering accommodation. I don't particularly like all inclusive or super high class hotels. I don't mind what part of the island so any forum members who can provide information then that would be great....thanks

Malteser Monkey
15-08-2014, 11:31
Fantastic place mate spent a lot of time up there in el cercado - can't get any higher up than that. That was where ex was from. you gotta go and explore.

Report back with pics mate good luck ! have you tried googling for places

martincrabb99
15-08-2014, 11:44
Fantastic place mate spent a lot of time up there in el cercado - can't get any higher up than that. That was where ex was from. you gotta go and explore.

Report back with pics mate good luck ! have you tried googling for places

Hellooooo!
Thanks I am doing some research on google and have come up with some possibilities . I'm looking forward to exploring and enjoying some local food and vino on my travels. I am in Tenerife between the 2nd and 14th September so I can also ask around whilst I am there. I have to back to UK on the 14th but am coming back on the 18th and sometime after that date, all being well I will go to La Gomera. All the best x

Ecky Thump
15-08-2014, 11:55
We've only been to Gomera once and that was for only one day, unfortunately the day we picked it rained so hard and constantly, that the air conditioning in the car that I had hired couldn't cope with the condensation, result - - I never saw a thing apart from the inside of the restaurant when we stopped to eat. I must try again one day.

Malteser Monkey
15-08-2014, 12:00
We've only been to Gomera once and that was for only one day, unfortunately the day we picked it rained so hard and constantly, that the air conditioning in the car that I had hired couldn't cope with the condensation, result - - I never saw a thing apart from the inside of the restaurant when we stopped to eat. I must try again one day.

should have kept driving up eventually you are above the clouds. I have some spectacular old photos that I took but I won't be able to post them:)

LUCKY
15-08-2014, 12:04
I have some spectacular old photos that I took but I won't be able to post them:)

You certainly are a teaser! :flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
15-08-2014, 12:10
You certainly are a teaser! :flatcap:

and you sir are a mucky lucky