16-08-2014, 15:42
Ello

Every time I Quote and post it does it twice

Porque ?? Porque ??

Tried Google Chrome and IE

I'm on firefox :flatcap:

macdonald5
16-08-2014, 15:46
Has been double posting since first thing this morning, I have been editing deleting the double post

LUCKY
16-08-2014, 15:47
Has been double posting since first thing this morning, I have been editing deleting the double post

It doesn't bother me.:flatcap:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

It doesn't bother me.:flatcap:

Tshirt
16-08-2014, 15:53
Double posting for me too, I use Safari. OK on Tapatalk though.

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2014, 15:54
admin
mike in chayofa

admin

mike in chayofa

melm
16-08-2014, 15:58
admin
mike in chayofa

admin

mike in chayofa

doesn't always let me edit

admin
mike in chayofa

admin

mike in chayofa

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2014, 16:07
just the ladies then ....well and Melm eh:whistle::D

Addick
16-08-2014, 16:08
I don't think I've come across this on any other forum that I'm either a member of, or have run in the past but it happened to me with one post I made earlier, but not others. Sometimes when I post in the Quick Reply box and then Go Advanced, the message I'm typing doesn't appear so I can't carry on either so I resort to copy/pasting it now just in case.

Wonder if it's an issue with VB or the forum theme?

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2014, 16:13
I don't think I've come across this on any other forum that I'm either a member of, or have run in the past but it happened to me with one post I made earlier, but not others. Sometimes when I post in the Quick Reply box and then Go Advanced, the message I'm typing doesn't appear so I can't carry on either so I resort to copy/pasting it now just in case.

VB who's that then ?

VB who's that then ?

essexeddie
16-08-2014, 16:22
Whats happening with the Forum as regards replying to a thread?
Keeps 'merged double post' Then asks if you want to 'leave this page'
Then you get a load odd messaging afterwards to fill in????

Whats all that about.

Never used to be like that.

I've cracked it.
After you have posted and clicked 'Quick reply'. Ignore the next load of gumph.
Just return to the thread and your post will be on there but not in double.
Like this

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2014, 16:44
Whats happening with the Forum as regards replying to a thread?
Keeps 'merged double post' Then asks if you want to 'leave this page'
Then you get a load odd messaging afterwards to fill in????

Whats all that about.

Never used to be like that.

I've cracked it.
After you have posted and clicked 'Quick reply'. Ignore the next load of gumph.
Just return to the thread and your post will be on there but not in double.
Like this

but what if you want to quote

martincrabb99
16-08-2014, 16:44
Drop one, add one has gone berserk!

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2014, 16:45
ooo it worked ok then

Ecky Thump
16-08-2014, 16:50
ooo it worked ok then

What What worked worked when? when?
??????

ooo it worked ok then

What What worked worked when? when?
??????

Addick
16-08-2014, 17:12
VB who's that then ?

VB who's that then ?

Sorry MM, VB is VBulletin - the software program used for this forum, then the owner can choose from various themes and other add-ons to change the appearance and functionality.

lets see if I get any repeats after quoting you...

(none show after clicking 'preview post')

Ecky Thump
16-08-2014, 17:19
Sorry MM, VB is VBulletin - the software program used for this forum, then the owner can choose from various themes and other add-ons to change the appearance and functionality.

Testing Testing 123

Testing Testing 123

Testing Testing 123

Testing Testing 123

And again using advanced.

mike in chayofa
16-08-2014, 17:30
I don't know what has happened here. I have checked everything that I can think of in the admin control panel and can't find anything wrong.

However, I don't really know what I am looking for.

I will alert admin to the situation.

.................................................. ....................

PS Just be thankful that you don't have the same problems that I'm having with Incredimail at the moment. Every email is coming up5 times and it is importing emails from one acount into another.

I currently have 27.000 emails in my inbox ... no the amount of 'zeros' is correct!!! :dontknow:

mike in chayofa
16-08-2014, 17:31
I am using Chrome at the moment and there doesn't seeem to be a problem with double postings

Ecky Thump
16-08-2014, 17:45
I am using Chrome at the moment and there doesn't seeem to be a problem with double postings

I'm using a ipad and posting using "Go Advanced"

No problem!

mike in chayofa
16-08-2014, 17:51
I'm using a ipad

What is an ipad ... it's taken me 20 years to learn how to use the toaster!!! :o

Ecky Thump
16-08-2014, 17:54
What is an ipad ... it's taken me 20 years to learn how to use the toaster!!! :o

I've got a seven year old Grandson keeping me up to date on technology!:D

kingbaker
16-08-2014, 17:55

No harm there then melm :D:D:p

mike in chayofa
16-08-2014, 18:07
.................................................. ..PS Just be thankful that you don't have the same problems that I'm having with Incredimail at the moment. Every email is coming up5 times and it is importing emails from one acount into another.

I currently have 27.000 emails in my inbox ... no the amount of 'zeros' is correct!!! :dontknow:

It is now 33.504 .....

melm
16-08-2014, 18:10
It is now 33.504 .....

You've got a lot of friends:wink2::cheeky:

Ecky Thump
16-08-2014, 18:11
It is now 33.504 .....

Someone out there is fond of you, or you owe many people money!:cheeky:

Addick
16-08-2014, 18:14
Looking on the vBulletin forum it appears the double post issue is a known one although I can't see all the threads as some are for paid-up members only (and I've always been too tight to pay for forum software so just use the freebies).

odd that when I went to post reply #27 I got this message:

The following errors occurred with your submission

This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

...even though I hadn't posted it and was still just using the 'quick reply' box without advancing.

This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

...even though I hadn't posted it and was still just using the 'quick reply' box without advancing.

admin
16-08-2014, 21:26
Looking on the vBulletin forum it appears the double post issue is a known one although I can't see all the threads as some are for paid-up members only (and I've always been too tight to pay for forum software so just use the freebies).

Can you please post a link to any threads you found over there. I'll go and take a look.

LUCKY
16-08-2014, 22:27
Can you please post a link to any threads you found over there. I'll go and take a look.
can't post a link ....... Please please do not let me suffer a Double dose of that Malteser Monkey HELP!!!!!:flatcap:

can't post a link ....... Please please do not let me suffer a Double dose of that Malteser Monkey HELP!!!!!:flatcap:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooh
16-08-2014, 22:38
It seems everything using Ajax has gone berserk..
The quick reply form is using Ajax - posting using Javascript, without reloading the page - while the "Go Advanced" form use "traditional" posting, reloading the page, so no double posts when using that.
Same thing with the quote tool... it uses Ajax too, per default.

LUCKY
16-08-2014, 22:44
The quick reply form is using Ajax - posting using Javascript, without reloading the page - while the "Go Advanced" form use "traditional" posting, reloading the page, so no double posts when using that.

My how times have altered Ajax ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Vim was the product of the 50's my goodness you will be using Lino next, we are just cleaning the Oil cloth on the floor !!!

Pooh
16-08-2014, 22:56
It's strange why Ajax functions should suddenly start to act up. I was forced to move the forum to another server last night, and that's apparently when it started, but I see no reason why it should.... The server is identical, and Ajax runs on the Clinet side (in the Browser), not on the server.. (I provide the system the forum runs on, but other than that I'm not much involved in the Forum, nowadays.)
But for now, admin has disabled Ajax, and you shouldn't get any more double posts, hopefully.

LUCKY
16-08-2014, 23:01
It's strange why Ajax functions should suddenly start to act up. I was forced to move the forum to another server last night, and that's apparently when it started, but I see no reason why it should.... The server is identical, and Ajax runs on the Clinet side (in the Browser), not on the server.. (I provide the system the forum runs on, but other than that I'm not much involved in the Forum, nowadays.)
But for now, admin has disabled Ajax, and you shouldn't get any more double posts, hopefully.

Hopefully you are correct :flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
17-08-2014, 11:54

Ahhh thanks for that

Unpaid bill then :D

You won't get any doses off me - that I can assure you:crylaughing:

Ajax ?? The bog cleaner ??