PDA

View Full Version : Current restrictions on travelling by air with uncharged electronic devices

timmylish
17-08-2014, 01:52
uncharged tablets, lap-tops etc etc.
I might be required to travel to the UK soon (argh!) and whilst there may buy a new tablet. Now my simple question is, what do I do about the above requirement if the new tablet is in sealed packaging and I,ve not opened the contents up. Do I need to open up every thing and try to charge the bloody thing before boarding?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

TOTO 99
17-08-2014, 06:05
I might be required to travel to the UK soon (argh!) and whilst there may buy a new tablet. Now my simple question is, what do I do about the above requirement if the new tablet is in sealed packaging and I,ve not opened the contents up. Do I need to open up every thing and try to charge the bloody thing before boarding?

The restriction at Manchester is only for USA flights. I would assume that the same would apply at the other UK airports...

Leam_Lin
17-08-2014, 06:25
Before coming back to Tenerife I would open it to make sure it was working.

Angusjim
17-08-2014, 07:59

Main issue may be immigration control there are clamping down on ex pat Celtic supporters with a history of working in Timeshare :crylaughing::c2:

Tom & Sharon
17-08-2014, 08:44
You have to put all electrical stuff out on your tray now as you clear security. It's a right pain!

Angusjim
17-08-2014, 08:57
You have to put all electrical stuff out on your tray now as you clear security. It's a right pain!

Yes i could see how that may be a bit embarrassing for you Sharon and even more embarrassing for Tom if hes with you :whistle::lol:

junglejim
17-08-2014, 09:22
Came back to Tenerife on Thursday and had ipod and some electrical stuff , the security didn't check any of it - I think as as said only USA flights are the focus .
Just donīt go to a Man Utd game with it , they area pash!

delderek
17-08-2014, 09:42
Probably best to not bring any packing. I know the risk is very very small, but you could get a keen customs man in Tenerife who could charge igic on your purchase, if it is new and in its box.

timmylish
17-08-2014, 16:06
Probably best to not bring any packing. I know the risk is very very small, but you could get a keen customs man in Tenerife who could charge igic on your purchase, if it is new and in its box.

You know. That shows how rarely I,ve travelled to and fro my home here, never thought of the auld customs gits here but will now!
Many thanks and to all the sensible responses similar thanks.

junglejim
17-08-2014, 18:15
Donīt think you need to worry about customs men in Tenerife , Iīve never seen one in 20 yrs stop a tourist - thousands of people bring their tablets and laptops in every day .
Which airport in UK are you flying from Timmy ?

kathml
17-08-2014, 22:26
never seen a customs man at TFS sometimes on late flights not even police lol

timmylish
13-11-2014, 18:05
That has become the need of the companies which made them change their policies. I don't think there is anything bad with that its their right to make things safer for us at the end it helps us with the factors.

Sorry but I havn,t a clue what you are on about!