PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for someone with a van in South Tenerife

Zatarra
31-05-2011, 10:09
I need to move some furniture from Las Galletas to Granadilla in 2 weeks and I was wondering if anybody here with a van could do it for me. Please let me know what charge it would be to get it into the van and drive it to Granadilla. It's not that much stuff, far less than a van load.
Thanks!

Zatarra
31-05-2011, 11:13
Any idea what someone would charge for this?

Zatarra
31-05-2011, 12:15
No men with vans?

richie
31-05-2011, 12:19
No men with vans?
maybe you look to much like a tax inspector.

richie
31-05-2011, 12:25
maybe you look to much like a tax inspector.

sorry i couldn't help myself. i do hope you get sorted.

Zatarra
31-05-2011, 12:27
LOL. Me too, thanks.

with cheese
31-05-2011, 20:41
There is a bloke in Tenerife who has a Van that his mum lends him when he is good.

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 20:48
There is a bloke in Tenerife who has a Van that his mum lends him when he is good.

And he is a frequent visitor to a famous social network site and a web site where people chat about things.:whistle:

with cheese
31-05-2011, 20:53
And often quite offensive to people he does not like. OOP pots and kettles.
Still I go well with GB so may just be taken as a bit of fun.:):)

pablo1
I think his name is Andy Logan who advertised as a man with a van on here in the past. I'm sure somebody on here will have his details, not sure if he has re-registered on here yet.

Zara
And he is a frequent visitor to a famous social network site and a web site where people chat about things.:whistle:

ClubPenguin.com :D

doreen
31-05-2011, 20:57
I think his name is Andy Logan who advertised as a man with a van on here in the past. I'm sure somebody on here will have his details, not sure if he has re-registered on here yet.

Nope ... our Andy seems to be ignoring us - was it something we said ???

Pooch and Mutt
31-05-2011, 20:57

unfortunately rumours abound that he has been struck down with a bad bout of a similar disease to shingles, a thread posted earlier today alongside the cucumber ecoli outbreak, the disease has been identified as van aerial disease,,

pablo1
31-05-2011, 20:58
Nope ... our Andy seems to be ignoring us - was it something we said ???

Not sure, though I see the snide digs have already started....

reggie
31-05-2011, 20:58

Had a plea to pack it in, so i said ok, people not well in there camp, please, i thank you

doreen
31-05-2011, 20:59
Not sure, though I see the snide digs have already started....

Oh, not him too :(

Zara
31-05-2011, 21:05
unfortunately rumours abound that he has been struck down with a bad bout of a similar disease to shingles, a thread posted earlier today alongside the cucumber ecoli outbreak, the disease has been identified as van aerial disease,,

I donīt know you but I HATE you - do you know how painful it is when coke comes down your nose and then splutters all over your laptop screen. :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:

pablo1
31-05-2011, 21:05
Oh, not him too :(

Not him as far as I know, but on this very thread, just before my post.
I hope that your hard work in getting this forum back up and running doesn't go to waste Doreen, already I have seen signs that old bad habits, that turned people away from the old forum are resurfacing.
One would hope that a new forum would mean a new fresh start.
I guess only time will tell....

reggie
31-05-2011, 21:07
I donīt know you but I HATE you - do you know how painful it is when coke comes down your nose and then splutters all over your laptop screen. :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g::crylaughing:Coke !!how old are you, you will wreck your septum, why do you think i talk out of my a==s

Red Devil
31-05-2011, 21:17
I am quite amazed at some of the comments about another forum member - it sounds like a school playground. Andy has been a forum member for a long long time and has been a great source of help and advice in the past to many people. I havent always had the same opinion as him about a few things (and why should we all anyway) and I'm quite certain Andy doesnt need anyone to fight his corner but some of the comments about him from people who have only been members for a short time are a bit uncalled for don't ya think?

caroll72
31-05-2011, 21:20
Maybe he took his van on a journey to 'the other side'! :D

reggie
31-05-2011, 21:20
I am quite amazed at some of the comments about another forum member - it sounds like a school playground. Andy has been a forum member for a long long time and has been a great source of help and advice in the past to many people. I havent always had the same opinion as him about a few things (and why should we all anyway) and I'm quite certain Andy doesnt need anyone to fight his corner but some of the comments about him from people who have only been members for a short time are a bit uncalled for don't ya think?

Your right, i cant believe some people, leave andy alone :whistle:

with cheese
31-05-2011, 21:24
Your right, i cant believe some people, leave andy alone :whistle:

Blimey, he has 3 friends.

with cheese
31-05-2011, 21:27
I hope that your hard work in getting this forum back up and running doesn't go to waste Doreen, already I have seen signs that old bad habits, that turned people away from the old forum are resurfacing.

I was just before you Sir and I have only been playing but, oh ********, sod it.

Jackie
31-05-2011, 21:37

I said the same thing very early on in this thread but my comment has been deleted for some reason, not even moved to off topic, yet the insulting ones are left here. What's that all about ????

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 21:44
I said the same thing very early on in this thread but my comment has been deleted for some reason, not even moved to off topic, yet the insulting ones are left here. What's that all about ????

Ours got deleted as well Jackie, not happy. :mad::mad:

with cheese
31-05-2011, 21:46
I think they are all people that are getting their own back why they can.
When Andy posts if you do not like it, he has it removed.
He has also Pm'd people in a nasty way in the past, so deserves a bit back.
Get it all out of the way and then the air is clear, perhaps.

reggie
31-05-2011, 21:47
Ours got deleted as well Jackie, not happy. :mad::mad:

Which one are you then :crylaughing:

reggie
31-05-2011, 21:49

Here Here, Is GB on here ? i get confused . com,

dede
31-05-2011, 21:52
Well is it any wonder he dosnt want to come on here!!! and for an update for people who obviously dont know him, he does not live with his mother he actually lives with his partner, so get a grip children, i suspect those of you that are making snide comments have never actually met Andy who has been a very helpful person to many unfortunate peolple here in tenerife.

with cheese
31-05-2011, 21:58
No one is disputing he helps people as he makes it very well known.
Many have met him and that is possibly why the comments as he can upset people.
He also has followers that he has as friends, this is not about how good he is.
I see it as a dig at the fact a certain moderator and he are friends and if you disagree then POOF, bye.

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 21:59
Which one are you then :crylaughing:

We put one on each, and they both got deleted.

Well is it any wonder he dosnt want to come on here!!! and for an update for people who obviously dont know him, he does not live with his mother he actually lives with his partner, so get a grip children, i suspect those of you that are making snide comments have never actually met Andy who has been a very helpful person to many unfortunate peolple here in tenerife.

Andy has helped me in the past Dede and we certainly didn't make any snide comments. We simply told the OP where to find Andy, trying to be helpful, and the posts were deleted. A bit of over moderation me thinks, and I wonder why?

dede
31-05-2011, 22:07
I never meant you sharon, but this morning there were comments on him being a fat lad living with his mother and even more personal comments, its obvious "with cheese" has a history with him but thats not surprising when you have a incline what the former user name was. :whistle:

pablo1
31-05-2011, 22:07
We put one on each, and they both got deleted.

Andy has helped me in the past Dede and we certainly didn't make any snide comments. We simply told the OP where to find Andy, trying to be helpful, and the posts were deleted. A bit of over moderation me thinks, and I wonder why?

Because what you posted wasn't helpful, or of any use to the OP.
I think all this talk of over-moderation is coming from people with an agenda, and I find it a shame.
The people who have taken over this place are doing a great job, and I would front the cash myself, in fact i'd pay over the odds to keep it in their hands and out of others...

Jackie
31-05-2011, 22:09

Very adult of you....

No one is disputing he helps people as he makes it very well known.
Many have met him and that is possibly why the comments as he can upset people.
He also has followers that he has as friends, this is not about how good he is.
I see it as a dig at the fact a certain moderator and he are friends and if you disagree then POOF, bye.

If people are disgruntled at the fact Andy has apparently got a friend as a moderator then take it up with them in an adult way, not by 'getting your own back while you can' and posting insulting comments. Not surprising really that the main ones throwing the insults, even though a few by another member have been deleted are members who have changed their names on this forum, I wonder why that is. Did you cause problems on the .com site and think people wouldn't know you on here?

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 22:13
Because what you posted wasn't helpful, or of any use to the OP.
I think all this talk of over-moderation is coming from people with an agenda, and I find it a shame.
The people who have taken over this place are doing a great job, and I would front the cash myself, in fact i'd pay over the odds to keep it in their hands and out of others...

Pablo, the OP wanted to find a man with a van in Tenerife. So pointing out that he can be found and contacted on Facebook, with his user name, and that he can be found on the "other forum" isn't helpful to the OP? Silly me! And here was me thinking that the forum was to give people help and advice about Tenerife!

doreen
31-05-2011, 22:15
Relax everybody ...hopefully Andy the Van Man will find his way back here in time :)

Graceylacey
31-05-2011, 22:19
Ignoring all the stupid comments, Andy Logan is your man with a van, I can personally recommend him.
He may wind people up on the forum, I have no idea, dont read it that often anymore, but workwise he is brilliant.

dede
31-05-2011, 22:20
Relax everybody ...hopefully Andy the Van Man will find his way back here in time :)

Its not so much a man with a van though doreen, there are "new user names" on here that really would like the thread called "lets get Andy 0210 back while people dont know us", it should be stopped now, its pathetic.
It really could damage his business.

pablo1
31-05-2011, 22:22
Pablo, the OP wanted to find a man with a van in Tenerife. So pointing out that he can be found and contacted on Facebook, with his user name, and that he can be found on the "other forum" isn't helpful to the OP? Silly me! And here was me thinking that the forum was to give people help and advice about Tenerife!

If you had mentioned him by name then I wouldn't have even thought about replying T&S, but you didn't. Anyway, as you have posted what the forum is all about, I look forward to reading your offers of help and advice in the future. :-)

DaveRF
31-05-2011, 22:23
I have sent Andy a link to this thread so no doubt he will turn up when he gets my message.

with cheese
31-05-2011, 22:26
Dede, you are wrong. I actually stated earlier on that there was a van man available.
I have also answered why people perhaps have an issue.
I have positively posted with Andy in the past and even thanked him.
I have also been reprimanded as others by a certain mod for not agreeing with him.
I did complain to that Mod was told it was none of my business.
So do I have an issue with Andy, no but perhaps I do with a mod that is allowed to be biased and I think many others do too.
The mods are very good and the new owners have undoubtedly done a fabulous job, hats off.
I think the issue of digs is really people making a point it is a new forum and lets not have the biased behaviour that starts this type of anarchy.

primrose
31-05-2011, 22:26
Its not so much a man with a van though doreen, there are "new user names" on here that really would like the thread called "lets get Andy 0210 back while people dont know us", it should be stopped now, its pathetic.
It really could damage his business.

And they have to put lies on to do it, I have read this thread all day and just to let everybody know Andy does not live with me he has a life of his own, and to you cowards that are hiding behind a new user name to spread your lies and bitterness all I can say is get a life you sad people.

caroll72
31-05-2011, 22:28
Here we go again :wall::wall:

Jackie
31-05-2011, 22:32
I have sent Andy a link to this thread so no doubt he will turn up when he gets my message.

Did that first thing this morning when the thread was first posted and before the insults started flying. I am sure Andy knows where we are, he couldn't have missed the times I have posted the new link on my FB the last few days, he has obviously chosen not to return and reading this thread with good reason.

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 22:37
If you had mentioned him by name then I wouldn't have even thought about replying T&S, but you didn't. Anyway, as you have posted what the forum is all about, I look forward to reading your offers of help and advice in the future. :-)

Obviously you didn't have your glasses on then. I gave his full name he uses for Facebook, what more would you need?

Chris P. Bacon
31-05-2011, 22:37
Nothing really changes does it? :argue:

doreen
31-05-2011, 22:40
Nothing really changes does it? :argue:

Nope - do you think PayPal do refunds :lol:

Chris P. Bacon
31-05-2011, 22:42

Only on occasion :crazy:

with cheese
31-05-2011, 22:42
So all the griping out the way now.

primrose
31-05-2011, 22:49

Glad you find it funny, and after having spoken today to one of the posters who admitted he was being given wrong information about Andy but still posted it on here then perhaps it would be better to ask why somebody is contacting other members to post deliberate lies about a Forum Member.

doreen
31-05-2011, 22:55
Glad you find it funny, and after having spoken today to one of the posters who admitted he was being given wrong information about Andy but still posted it on here then perhaps it would be better to ask why somebody is contacting other members to post deliberate lies about a Forum Member.

Sorry, primrose ... I did try to calm things earlier ... my comment was to how things never change, not to taking sides ... I think you might know who I have supported before :)

pablo1
31-05-2011, 22:58

Can't see any mention of his name here? This was the post I was refering to.

Jackie
31-05-2011, 23:03

That is exactly what we are saying Pablo, posts have been removed that were not insulting but the insulting ones have remained. Surely if a mod is going to completely delete posts rather than put them in off topic...which they were not, then they should be deleting the insulting ones.

primrose
31-05-2011, 23:06
Sorry, primrose ... I did try to calm things earlier ... my comment was to how things never change, not to taking sides ... I think you might know who I have supported before :)

I am sorry too Doreen but when somebody I spoke to earlier today about some posts they had put on and he admitted he was being told lies about Andy you have to wonder what the reason is.But I think a lot less people will be helped by Andy now after this because even that has been used against him, and who can blame him.

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 23:10

I posted two threads this afternoon with all Andy's details which were deleted.

pablo1
31-05-2011, 23:17
The one I have quoted is the only one I read, which is why I posted what I did.
If anyone thinks that i'd rather be posting in threads that involve snipes and digs then you couldn't be further than the truth.
If anyone thinks that i'll back down from my view that there are some gob****es on here then-see above....

primrose
31-05-2011, 23:21
That is exactly what we are saying Pablo, posts have been removed that were not insulting but the insulting ones have remained. Surely if a mod is going to completely delete posts rather than put them in off topic...which they were not, then they should be deleting the insulting ones.

And this is somebody that is supposed to have a friend on the Moderating team that has had to put up with all these insults all day,well that blows that theory out of the window, and can I just make it plain before anybody say's I am speaking for Andy these are my thoughts and I am getting sick to the teeth of being made fun of on here about Andy living with us.It really is a pity you have nothing better to do.

Tom & Sharon
31-05-2011, 23:29
The sad thing about this thread,is that with all this sniping and silliness is that the OP has probably disappeared now,and Andy may have lost the job?

with cheese
31-05-2011, 23:31
My first 2 posts were tongue in cheek and also to let the guy know that there was a chap with a van. That is bumping.
I even put a little pots and kettles in there.
I think perhaps Pablo is also pots and kettles as he is having a go at Tom and Sharon for no reason, that is gobby.
Oh as for hiding if anyone has PM'd me to ask who I was I have told them.
Perhaps some people have changed their names so as they could not have snipes. Funny that as soon as Pablo realised who I was, obviously from another member that had PM'd me, he started being rude.

Zara
31-05-2011, 23:32
I need to move some furniture from Las Galletas to Granadilla in 2 weeks and I was wondering if anybody here with a van could do it for me. Please let me know what charge it would be to get it into the van and drive it to Granadilla. It's not that much stuff, far less than a van load.
Thanks!

I am assuming you are totally new to the forum because I think there was only two of us with user names beginning with Z. Me and the man himself Zarion and now you Zatarra ;)

I think if I were you I would check out the newspapers to see who is advertising a removal service. I just hope you have not been totally put off visiting the forum again but would understand if you didnīt come back as the reaction to a simple question has caused such an appalling over-reaction.:hole:

Cairo
31-05-2011, 23:37
Yawn....I am closing this thread because it is again forum terms and conditions to question/discuss moderating decisions