PDA

View Full Version : Property Where should we buy in Tenerife now?

caroline
17-08-2014, 22:37
We are selling our holiday property in El Medano (beautiful house, pool, location, scenery- but too windy) and do not want to make the same mistake twice, when we buy somewhere else.

We are looking on the west coast (but not necessarily on the coast) and want somewhere not overly touristy, swimming pool (heated) and 3 beds.

Adeje seems to give a lot more for the money. Is this purely due to being inland?

Golf del sur: is it still windy being south?

Callao salvaje: any thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Please will someone tell me if there are other places to be avoided!!

Manythanks

zumba queen
17-08-2014, 23:06
We sold our place in El Mirador (Los Chris) and moved out to a villa in cho (parque de la reina) great area,some good restaurant's & bars nearby and only 5 minutes drive into the centre of Los Christianos,well worth a look.

KirstyJay
17-08-2014, 23:13
I can recommend Guia de Isora

lesbroz
18-08-2014, 11:07
Golf del Sur is still far too windy in my opinion. There are some lovely properties in the Adeje area and good transport links down to the coast. We have property in Callao and absolutely love it. The climate here seems very special. I speak with my friends in Palm Mar and they often moan to me about the weather and I have to reply that we are having a lovely day. If you want to go inland, I would agree with Kirsty Jay - Guia is lovely.

bonitatime
19-08-2014, 06:59
Guia is cold in the winter
Adeje, Los menores, Tijoco are all fine
On the coast playa San Juan is good

princessmonika
19-08-2014, 07:32
i must say, i like the wind on the golf, it never gets too hot , because of it -- i looked at many locations before i bought-- medano i like even just for the day, but the wind is ok i was born near the river elbe near the north sea, so if i know all about wind, i had it big time ,all my life as a child --

delderek
19-08-2014, 09:18
As Lesbroz says. If it's climate, then Callao Salvaje takes some beating. A lot less cloud than most places.

Muppet
19-08-2014, 12:07
... as long as you don't need internet !

lesbroz
19-08-2014, 21:50
... as long as you don't need internet !

Depends on where you are in Callao. We get excellent internet access and watch all our TV via the internet.

marbro8
19-08-2014, 22:31
We are selling our holiday property in El Medano (beautiful house, pool, location, scenery- but too windy) and do not want to make the same mistake twice, when we buy somewhere else.

We are looking on the west coast (but not necessarily on the coast) and want somewhere not overly touristy, swimming pool (heated) and 3 beds.

Adeje seems to give a lot more for the money. Is this purely due to being inland?

Golf del sur: is it still windy being south?

Callao salvaje: any thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Please will someone tell me if there are other places to be avoided!!

Manythankshave a look at c.i.m or young golfers website? they are reputable estate agents that are members on here,i am sure they would give you some sound advice;),if not then it sounds like you have sold a lovely property and maybe have a lot of money to spend, but without knowing the budget(and i don't want to know);) then it is difficult to know what to advise?,you could go for a bank repossessed property in a lesser touristic area of which there are sadly many,you obviously know tenerife as former owners,so you have some knowledge of the island,adeje is a very large area and covers quite a bit of the south and stretches inland,golf del sur is a lovely community and we have many members on the forum that live there,if i won the lottery then i would buy a villa on one of the golf courses like adeje golf because it is far enough away from the madding crowd but close enough if you wanted a good night out;)

bulldog
20-08-2014, 17:31
I,m selling a villa in Callao Salvaje best part ,one of the best roads ,only 7 years old heated pool 3 beds ,2 baths to much to
mention just reduced the price by 100K. pm. if you want pics.

caroline
20-08-2014, 22:40
many thanks, will do.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

many thanks, will do

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

thank you so much for all the advice and suggestions so far. I have more belief in objectivity from forum members than estate agents who although informative, are trying to sell a property.