PDA

View Full Version : Property is a heated pool really necessary?

caroline
20-08-2014, 22:45
I would much prefer to have a heated swimming pool yet they seem to be in the minority, most accommodation having an unheated pool.
WHy is this?
Expense?
Heated pool not really required?
most prefer cold pools?

Any advice much appreciated.
thanks
caroline

marbro8
20-08-2014, 22:52
I would much prefer to have a heated swimming pool yet they seem to be in the minority, most accommodation having an unheated pool.
WHy is this?
Expense?
Heated pool not really required?
most prefer cold pools?

Any advice much appreciated.
thanks
carolineeven in the height of summer the unheated pools are cold when taking your first dip but after a few mins they soon warm up and are quite refreshing after about 2-3 mins;)

junglejim
21-08-2014, 01:45
Our complex heats the pool from Late October to early May - Summer months are fine .

It is expensive for the heating costs plus the cost of the heaters but the clients want it in the winter so we do it .

mollycat
21-08-2014, 10:29
We live in SW France and have been using our pool heater to heat the pool for the last couple of years, however we've now invested in a solar pool cover, which is very effective if used properly ie the pool cover goes on when the pool is not being used during the day. We still have the heater on, but it only kicks in when the temp goes down below the 28 degrees that it's set to. The water is often about 30 degrees with just the cover having been on.

bulldog
21-08-2014, 10:54
in south Tenerife even the hotter parts you need a pool heater plus a thermal cover one without the other is pointless
you need to invest in quality,the big monsters coming in from China now half the price of a good one like the Angel Fire from
the USA which is very quite and not expensive to run the heater needs to be set up only to operate in warm air they are heat
exchangers and much cheaper to run daytime than say night time when the air is cold.without a heater you.ll use your pool
max 3 months a year

essexeddie
26-08-2014, 20:02
Solar heating must be the way forward in Tenerife.

nelson
26-08-2014, 21:28
Our complex unheated pool is ok April to June, warm July to September , ok oct November and in my experience kids only December to march

polremy
26-08-2014, 23:23
Exactly my view too, Nelson.

nelson
27-08-2014, 07:52
Exactly my view too, Nelson.

The sea on Los Cristianos beach is actually a bit warmer than our pool December to march, must be the underwater volcanoes taking the chill away a bit?

essexeddie
27-08-2014, 16:42
Our pool is heated in the winter and still a bit chilly at times, but swimmable.

princessmonika
28-08-2014, 07:10
so much sun ????so why not go solar -- how much would it cost be to installed ???????? i go to the spa in a heated pool --we have a lovely pool on the complex, but i can only use from late july until end september too cold after that --

Jabba43
29-08-2014, 11:53
After much research on an Australian site I just installed a swim spa I got from China. The EU price is about 20k euro, no thanks. 5800 euro + transport for the same thing. I have to say it looks pretty awesome and year round water fun.

Most people who had pools said they hated the site of them after the first year or 2.

Basically it is a cross between a Jacuzzi and a pool, here are some pics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=swim+spa&safe=off&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=QFsAVOXBJ4Sn0QXfr4GADA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1242&bih=585#imgdii=_