PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden I want to buy a gas barbecue in Tenerife

d41pse
20-08-2014, 23:58
I want to buy a new gas bbq for my apartment will I need a licence to purchase the gas bottle.

Andy0210
21-08-2014, 00:52
Yes, but the easy way round it is to go the car boot sales and buy an empty gas bottle and then go to the petrol station and pay 17.50€ for a new one, no questions asked if you have a bottle to swap, empty bottle is about 25 - 30€ but worth every cent rather than the paperwork for a new one.
PM me if you want a gas bottle i have contacts that can get you one if you don´t fancy trawling the car boots. ;)

essexeddie
25-08-2014, 20:28
If you use a BBQ be a bit quiet about it as a lot of complexes don't allow them ;)

In The Sun
26-08-2014, 07:58
If you use a BBQ be a bit quiet about it as a lot of complexes don't allow them ;)
This is the second time you have asked this question. Do you not read your answers? In case you don't here is my reply again. If it's a small gas cylinder for a barbeque then you can get the license from the garage when you buy your first cylinder. If you want a larger cylinder that could be used for a barbeque or household gas cooker then you will need to have a visit to inspect the gas installation

essexeddie
26-08-2014, 16:03
This is the second time you have asked this question. Do you not read your answers? In case you don't here is my reply again. If it's a small gas cylinder for a barbeque then you can get the license from the garage when you buy your first cylinder. If you want a larger cylinder that could be used for a barbeque or household gas cooker then you will need to have a visit to inspect the gas installation

Whats that got to do with my post?? You should also read the answers. You've been 'In the sun' too long. I wasn't asking any questions, I was giving advice. :twak:

tfs1
26-08-2014, 16:23
then go to the petrol station and pay 17.50€ for a new one

I picked up a couple of full bottles yesterday at our local petrol station and one of them was so light I put it back and picked up another one thinking there was a problem.

It looked the same as the others, same colour (orange !), orange plastic cover on top etc etc but clearly very orange, no marks on the bottle and very new. I them realized that the bottle was full but it was not the usual heavy metal type but a lighter type of bottle. I still took the heavy ones !

I take it there are now lighter versions of the same bottle or are these 'ladies' bottles, ie lighter but more manageable then the standard ones.

In The Sun
26-08-2014, 16:40
Use a bit of sense essexeddie, my post was of course an answer to the post from d41pse.
It must have attached your post to my answer, can't be that hard to work out even for an Essex lad

martincrabb99
26-08-2014, 17:04
Use a bit of sense essexeddie, my post was of course an answer to the post from d41pse.
It must have attached your post to my answer, can't be that hard to work out even for an Essex lad

Well I think a polite response would have been a better option if you made a mistake!

essexeddie
26-08-2014, 17:22

As you say us "Essex lads" have more manners, You got it wrong old son. Read before you post there's a good chap. Don't blame others for your silly mistake. Pft!!

tfs1
26-08-2014, 21:30
essexeddie,

I think your post regarding issues with BBQs in some complexes was very valid and helpful and unclear how you have received some negative replies to what was such a simple comment !

ps eddie
Pft! not sure what this has to do with Pulmonary function tests

TFS1

essexeddie
26-08-2014, 21:50
Err nor have I, but I thought it was a good idea at the time. :)

kingbaker
26-08-2014, 21:57
I picked up a couple of full bottles yesterday at our local petrol station and one of them was so light I put it back and picked up another one thinking there was a problem.

It looked the same as the others, same colour (orange !), orange plastic cover on top etc etc but clearly very orange, no marks on the bottle and very new. I them realized that the bottle was full but it was not the usual heavy metal type but a lighter type of bottle. I still took the heavy ones !

I take it there are now lighter versions of the same bottle or are these 'ladies' bottles, ie lighter but more manageable then the standard ones.

Wott a sexist remark!! I hope you're taikng about Scotchish wimmen!!:confused:

macdonald5
26-08-2014, 22:09
Wott a sexist remark!! I hope you're taikng about Scotchish wimmen!!:confused:

Explain por favor dear KB ??

kingbaker
27-08-2014, 06:47
Explain por favor dear KB ??

Oooops ssorry mac .......shouldda read NOT talking 'bout Scottish ladies. Ye wouldnt want to scuff yer nails.

macdonald5
27-08-2014, 07:44
Oooops ssorry mac .......shouldda read NOT talking 'bout Scottish ladies. Ye wouldnt want to scuff yer nails.

Don't know about that kingbaker I 'picked' up two 5kg bags of mortar at B & Q yesterday ( for dear hubby to repoint wall)
that was after I had been to my kettlebell class !!

kingbaker
27-08-2014, 09:30
Don't know about that kingbaker I 'picked' up two 5kg bags of mortar at B & Q yesterday ( for dear hubby to repoint wall)
that was after I had been to my kettlebell class !!

Wotts a kettlebell class.....we use 'em for boiling water!!!! Nuttin else!! :p;)

tfs1
27-08-2014, 10:24
Wott a sexist remark!!

If you have lifted a full 'Butano' bottlle of gas into your car you will know that a ladies 'lightweight' version is very useful and rather than being sexist makes sense.

I dont have scales to see how heavy a standard full bottle is - anyone know ?

macdonald5
27-08-2014, 14:11
Wotts a kettlebell class.....we use 'em for boiling water!!!! Nuttin else!! :p;)

Is nothing up to date in KBland ? You didn't know a barnet now you've never heard of kettlebell classes ?
It's a fitness class using weights with handles ( hence name kettlebell) weights used vary 2kg,4kg,6kg & 8kg
A bit more info for you dear KB
The gas bottle option is great idea,hubby used to get gas bottles to heat greenhouse and they were heavyweight !!

kingbaker
27-08-2014, 15:04
Am busy now but I'll get dug into you later!!! :p:p;)

kingbaker
28-08-2014, 22:32
macdonald5 ;)

Maybe ye could bring yer OH to the the kettlebell class.....mlght eventually put a little muscle on the poor little chap!! :p:(:D:p

Might be safer to start 'im off witt 500g......dont want him to pull anything. HA!! HA!! :p:p:D

macdonald5
29-08-2014, 07:20
macdonald5 ;)

Maybe ye could bring yer OH to the the kettlebell class.....mlght eventually put a little muscle on the poor little chap!! :p:(:D:p

Might be safer to start 'im off witt 500g......dont want him to pull anything. HA!! HA!! :p:p:D

He's too busy for 'classes' !!
Anyway at 6ft 2 and 13 stone he can lift most weights so would get bored:punchbag::weights:

kingbaker
29-08-2014, 09:15
:D:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D;)