PDA

View Full Version : Property For Sale What is a maretime freehold?

kingbaker
21-08-2014, 06:56
Can anyone explain what is ' a maretime freebold till 2033'
Surely a Freehold is forever? .;)

bulldog
21-08-2014, 18:12
Can anyone explain what is ' a maretime freebold till 2033'
Surely a Freehold is forever? .;)

never heard of it maybe its an Irish thing!! reminds me of a time I was doing business with a chap from Dublin I asked him did he have
anything to prove who he was he asked me for a mirror he looked in to it and said yep thats definitely me.

bonitatime
21-08-2014, 22:21
Could it be maritime
The ports like Puerto colon are what I would call a lease but they were sold as freehold for x years

kingbaker
22-08-2014, 14:39
I think thats it BT. So do you pay rent on it for the duration. Any info'd be fab thanks!!;)

timmylish
22-08-2014, 21:37
I think that this may relate to the decades ols system relating to properties within one kilometer (of the natural coast line), the area being recognised as belonging to the Spanish (Royal) Navy and has been the case since Mr. Franco was in TOTAL occupation of the entire lands of Spain. A vast number of local plots of land never had their Escritura,s changed to show primary ownership of those plots by altering the documents to show the encumbrant person(s) as being the whole owner of the land and all of its buildings etc. It was a real nightmare when the Franco regime was disolved as President etc and the present, legally elected Govt. had to have a whole lot of these crazy laws overturned. Now if you go back to the time before the present Govt. was created Spain had very, very few properties built on land immediately in the area between coast and the end of one kilometer.
So there you have the accurate representation of one of the laws here in Spain 40 plus years ago. Happy house-hunting. Be careful. VERY CAREFUL.

bonitatime
26-08-2014, 17:04
Are we talking about property or a mooring
A mooring you buy and then pay maintenance
Property like Poblado Marinero you buy and pay ongoing community fees

kingbaker
26-08-2014, 21:40
A few years ago I was interested in an appt in Poblado Marinero and it was a problem then.
I've recently seen a 'freehold' shop for sale in Puerto Colon, with that type of title, I think it had insurance implications, cause (I think) the land was reclaimed from the sea and was owned by the govt.?? Their liability was nill if a storm washed away the harbour and the appt with it. This is from memory. Am getting more confused just thinking about it. ;)