PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Does it still make sense to buy a leasehold for a restaurant in Tenerife?

Mariposa_82
22-08-2014, 19:31
Hi all!

We are an Italian couple in our 30's which lives and works in Berlin.
We work here for a well known multinational financial company, but we would like to give a change to our lives.

We have lived in different countries (Costa Rica, Poland, Ireland, now Germany) and we speak English, Spanish, German and of course Italian.

I have an administrative background and my fiancé has been working as Chef in Italy, Ireland, Costa Rica for about 10 years.

We were thinking to move to Tenerife in April to buy a leasehold for a restaurant.
We were wondering if this is still a good idea and in which areas could work better. We thought Los Cristianos and Las Americas areas.

We would also appreciate any other tips or suggestions you may want to share with us.

Thank you in advance!

:hello:

nelson
22-08-2014, 22:53
I think you should be better off in Los Cristianos . A good Italian restaurant should fit in in that area , there are good Spanish and Italian places already there but I would think a decent run place would work well there. There are many very good family restaurants in Los Cristianos but also some very bland places run by remote owners so a good family run place in my opinion can do well in Los cristinos

Mariposa_82
23-08-2014, 08:24
Thanks for your feedback. Do you have any recommendations for the leasehold itself? Something we should be aware of... And in general, according to your opinion, is it working in case of a restaurant?

nelson
23-08-2014, 09:18
I personally have no knowledge of leasehold situations in Tenerife, there are estate agent members on this forum and also bar and restaurant owners, you have come to the right place for advice , hopefully some of these can come onto this thread and help you.

If you are asking if the restaurant would be a success I would say yes in Los Cristianos . The situation is that some restaurants are doing well over many years but at the same time there are people who start up a restaurant/ bar and fail quickly.

Beware starting in the wrong location , don't take on the vacant unit at the side of king of India , the footfall there is poor, the place was well run in the past but could not secure enough clients.

junglejim
23-08-2014, 10:07
There is a member on here doreen who has owned and run a few restaurants such as Terrazza del Mare
http://www.laterrazzadelmare.com/
who may give you professional advice - not easy to break into with so many good establishments here !

Mariposa_82
24-08-2014, 10:06
Thanks for the hint, but it looks like Doreen's Inbox is full and the system doesn't let me send messages. I will wait here, maybe one day she will read this post :knitting::washing::nails:

Anyway, thanks to all for the information.

Cheers

bonitatime
26-08-2014, 16:56
I would say in today's market you shouldn't buy a lease there are many restaurants available just to rent
Playa Fañabe has many Italians both resident and tourists. Not sure if you are looking to appeal to them or others
What ever you do make sure you are carefull and have a lawyer check contracts etc. You will also need a good gestor

Mariposa_82
26-08-2014, 20:17
Hi! I was checking the net, but I couldn't find restaurants for rent. Do you know anybody who is renting her/his restaurant?If you do have any contacts, please forward them to me. I will be more than happy to keep in touch with them.