PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations or help regarding a camera repair

Linda Gill
26-08-2014, 17:16
Hello everyone.

I assume being all keen photographers you may be able to help me. I live in the South but will happily travel to the North to visit any shop or person that can repair a camera.

I recently went on holiday and after the initial flight removed the lens cap on my camera to use it and noticed 3 loose separate pieces inside. All small rectangular shapes, one made of plastic (I think) and 2 metal īframesī for this plastic part.

I would assume all 3 pieces join together in some way but I am reluctant to even try to do this.

The camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T3 EOS 1100D and I would like to avoid sending it off to Madrid if possible.

In my naïve, hopeful way - I donīt think it is a major repair but obviously I could be wrong!

Any help, advice or recommendation would be gratefully received.

Thank you very much.

PR4PhotosLtd
26-08-2014, 17:28
Whereabouts in the South are you? Could it be something as simple as pieces of the inside of the lens cap that have broken off. This can happen and they are rectangular in shape. If thats the case any camera shop should be able to supply a cheap replacement lens cap

Linda Gill
26-08-2014, 17:41
I live in El Médano. I donīt think they are pieces off the lens cap. The camera does seem to work OK and take pictures but when you look through the viewfinder instead of seeing a nice clear rectangular image, it is a much smaller than usual circular one.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I can see inside the cavity that there is a mirror - the rectangular loose parts are a similar size to the mirror.

PR4PhotosLtd
26-08-2014, 17:49
When you say cavity, do you mean when you remove the lens from the body? If pieces are loose in there it probably does need taking to camera shop before any further damage is done. There is a proper camera shop in Santa Cruz, don't bother with the shops that cater for holidaymakers

Linda Gill
26-08-2014, 18:11
The camera itself has a body cap to remove before fitting either of the 2 lenses that I have with the camera. I have removed the 3 loose pieces so that they donīt damage the mirror or cause any more harm. Would you happen to know the name of the shop in Santa Cruz? I am aware that in Las Americas there are a number of shops selling cameras etc but I really wouldnīt trust them with my camera.

The Canon website only offers the option to pack up the camera and send it to either Madrid (or UK probably, as it was bought there) but if someone locally can do it that would be great. Thank you.

LUCKY
27-08-2014, 12:03
The camera itself has a body cap to remove before fitting either of the 2 lenses that I have with the camera. I have removed the 3 loose pieces so that they donīt damage the mirror or cause any more harm. Would you happen to know the name of the shop in Santa Cruz? I am aware that in Las Americas there are a number of shops selling cameras etc but I really wouldnīt trust them with my camera.

The Canon website only offers the option to pack up the camera and send it to either Madrid (or UK probably, as it was bought there) but if someone locally can do it that would be great. Thank you.

I found the following it may help , why not call in the local photographers shop , he may be able to point you in the right direction :flatcap:

Shopping. There are a good variety of small shops in El Médano including a pharmacy, opticians, photographers, and of course many small boutiques, souvenir and gift shops. Also, there are several small supermarkets as well as one large one, Hipodino. In the town square is the Tourist Information Office and a Bank and the taxi stand. The town has many good restaurants, including Italian, Chinese and Japanese.

Taken from

http://www.el-medano-tenerife.com/

junglejim
27-08-2014, 13:01
Try contacting someone like 9PLUS or canarybird on this forum .they are experienced photographers and may help.

9plus also has a website http://markfradley.com/

Linda Gill
27-08-2014, 14:51
Thank you. I donīt think there is a local photographers shop here but the idea of asking in the Tourist Office is a helpful suggestion. I will do that :)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you. The website for 9plus mentions a shop as well, so I will email regarding the problem to see if he can help.