PDA

View Full Version : Other Are there any meet ups planned in Los Cristianos?

johnr
27-08-2014, 14:04
Any plans for Forum memebers to meet in Los C in the next month or so?

LUCKY
27-08-2014, 15:31
Any plans for Forum memebers to meet in Los C in the next month or so?

Nobody as mentioned a meet up as yet, But i think you may have kick started one , Good luck :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Malteser Monkey
27-08-2014, 15:33
:DIbelieve you will be safe to arrange one

errmmm the :scotland: gang not due over for a while:whistle:

johnr
28-08-2014, 10:46
oh I don't organise just sit quietly in the corner taking it all in.

Nobody as mentioned a meet up as yet, But i think you may have kick started one , Good luck :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Malteser Monkey
28-08-2014, 10:48

Well if it is in Lower GDS - they may need maps:whistle:

LUCKY
28-08-2014, 10:53
Well if it is in Lower GDS - they may need maps:whistle:

or even GPS................. :whitecar::flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
28-08-2014, 10:56
or even GPS................. :whitecar::flatcap:

LOL GPS for GDS

good one

I'm off topic again as it says meet ups in Cristianos !:doh:

LUCKY
28-08-2014, 11:09
LOL GPS for GDS

good one

I'm off topic again as it says meet ups in Cristianos !:doh:

Ah But for a change you are not many miles off topic ( or should that be kilometers) Los cris is only down the road. Or is it up the road . We are Lower GDS , you know. :flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
28-08-2014, 11:14
Ah But for a change you are not many miles off topic ( or should that be kilometers) Los cris is only down the road. Or is it up the road . We are Lower GDS , you know. :flatcap:

More across a bit me thinks

Malteser Monkey
27-02-2015, 11:23
It seem people are not interested in this kind of meetup... after this thread.

There are more specific threads with dates and place meeting points and who's bringing their wallet:whistle:

TOTO 99
27-02-2015, 11:28
There are more specific threads with dates and place meeting points and who's bringing their wallet:whistle:

Not me. I won't need it cos I'm meeting the very generous AJ...:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
27-02-2015, 11:30
Not me. I won't need it cos I'm meeting the very generous AJ...:whistle:

That man flu gone right to your swede you deluded person you:whistle::pray::cheeky:

You could always bring Ecky as backup:crylaughing:

willowlily
27-02-2015, 11:34
in the good old days we used to meet on a weekly basis, I did the LADIES THAT LUNCH on a Wednesday afternoon at THE GLASS SPIDER " now closed " appollo centre for the girls then for boys and girls we would all meet at LEO's appollo centre moving to BOJANGLES at mirador los cris its a shame we do not meet any more. if anyone male or female wants to propose a meet this week LOS CRIS or LOS AMERICAS please post

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

in the good old days we used to meet on a weekly basis, I did the LADIES THAT LUNCH on a Wednesday afternoon at THE GLASS SPIDER " now closed " appollo centre for the girls then for boys and girls we would all meet at LEO's appollo centre moving to BOJANGLES at mirador los cris its a shame we do not meet any more. if anyone male or female wants to propose a meet this week LOS CRIS or LOS AMERICAS please post

PS
NOT at the new beach bar CALLEO

TOTO 99
27-02-2015, 11:51

PS

No worries, we can still sit in Leo's with nothing on....:laugh:

kingbaker
27-02-2015, 17:09

PS

Ah why not!!:D

TOTO 99
27-02-2015, 17:29
Ah why not!!:D

Ah KB....you'd have been ok to attend the Glass Spider if they met at weekends....:laugh:

kingbaker
27-02-2015, 17:34
Never 'eard'v it!!:p

TOTO 99
27-02-2015, 17:41
Never 'eard'v it!!:p

Been and gone I'm afraid. Took longer to do up than it was open for...

There'll be other bars popping up where people of your strangeness can meet up and be free...:laugh:

Ecky Thump
27-02-2015, 18:48
Been and gone I'm afraid. Took longer to do up than it was open for...

There'll be other bars popping up where people of your strangerness can meet up and be free...:laugh:

And there was me thinking that kingbaker 's strangerness was totally unique to him.:laugh:

TOTO 99
27-02-2015, 18:56
And there was me thinking that kingbaker 's strangerness was totally unique to him.:laugh:

Wow, you interfered with me?....

Anyway, shhhh....don't tell him, I was only trying to make him feel good...:laugh:

marbro8
27-02-2015, 19:21
It seem people are not interested in this kind of meetup... after this thread.maybe on this thread but we have had many successful forum meet ups over the years, we had a good attendance last year or the year before? albeit the place itself didn't make us feel that welcome, there were about 25-30 members, i am sure if we could find a place willing to accommodate us it could be arranged :wink:

kingbaker
27-02-2015, 20:01
Maybe Sax In the Patch!!

The owner might be delighted with a good crowd on a quiet nite. A good ROCK venue with a band and DVDs after. Usually loadsa free nuts but has other bars nearby, so could probs organise fooood if required. I met him loadsa times but can't think of his name.:tiphat::tiphat:

Then for the young at heart (those who don't do Steradent)...over the the Dubliner for a good time till all hours!!:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Taxi Rank 50 meters away from the door.:tiphat::tiphat:

warbey
27-02-2015, 21:33
We went to the Apollo centre a few times when Anna and r Mate were welcoming.
It used to be nice but a weekly Meet takes a lot of time up and it dropped off.
Then it went to Bojangles with Tom......Remember Him?

Another Idea was a Forum Badge,(still have Mine)
A lot obtained one, but I personally think They should have been bigger so the Older ones could have made Them out.

Did anyone else notice that the Christmas Party has died the death too.??

marbro8
27-02-2015, 23:52
Maybe Sax In the Patch!!

The owner might be delighted with a good crowd on a quiet nite. A good ROCK venue with a band and DVDs after. Usually loadsa free nuts but has other bars nearby, so could probs organise fooood if required. I met him loadsa times but can't think of his name.:tiphat::tiphat:

Then for the young at heart (those who don't do Steradent)...over the the Dubliner for a good time till all hours!!:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Taxi Rank 50 meters away from the door.:tiphat::tiphat:that's sorted then, you can organise the next forum meet up:tiphat:

kingbaker
28-02-2015, 00:05
I don't know when I'll be over.....might be months. Can't believe it's been 2.5 years.;)

marbro8
28-02-2015, 00:21
I don't know when I'll be over.....might be months. Can't believe it's been 2.5 years.;)we will wait with baited breath to meet you KB:wink: and i can't believe it has been 2.5 years, ecky and me worked together to stage the last one, and as i said apart from the venue it was a great night, but it all depends on who is on their hols at the time, and who turns up that live on the island, on the last one young golfer and C.I.M turned up and donated quite a few euros to the nights fund to give everyone a drink:tiphat:,

Ecky Thump
28-02-2015, 00:36
we will wait with baited breath to meet you KB:wink: and i can't believe it has been 2.5 years, ecky and me worked together to stage the last one, and as i said apart from the venue it was a great night, but it all depends on who is on their hols at the time, and who turns up that live on the island, on the last one young golfer and C.I.M turned up and donated quite a few euros to the nights fund to give everyone a drink:tiphat:,

And the most successful one held at O'Jangles and was funded by doreen and the food was supplied (again at Doreen's expense) by the Indian Restaurant next door....it was a ideal venue with the right balance of music that allowed people to chat.

Mark what's the name of the bar down from Bo Jangles where you eat the fish and chips...that would be good for a forum meet-up.

marbro8
28-02-2015, 00:52
And the most successful one held at O'Jangles and was funded by doreen and the food was supplied (again at Doreen's expense) by the Indian Restaurant next door....it was a ideal venue with the right balance of music that allowed people to chat.a great night, san and my first meet up, with yourselfs and sunspot and her lovely hubby john god rest his soul, sharon and tom, C.I.M, young golfer, anna, bloody hell it will never get any better:(, i honestly don't think that we will have better meet ups than the one's we used to have:(, members have just lost the urge now, i know we have a lot of new members, but it all seemed so new all those years ago, and we struck up so many good friendships:wink: and it seemed like it would last for years:spin:

warbey
28-02-2015, 21:15

I have made a point of contacting Resident Members over the Years when possible.

I wanted to be able to live there whenever possible and know a few in the process.

We know appearences are important when meeting People, but Ive never Yet been disappointed.