PDA

View Full Version : How much is a taxi from Tenerife South airport to Las Americas?

Tenerife Babe
04-09-2014, 17:42
Hello Guys,

I used to have a friend that came to pick me up from Tenerife South Airport but he has now returned to the UK and it has been a few years since I got a taxi from the airport to my apartment.

Can anyone let me know how much a taxi would cost from the airport to Playa De Las Americas.

Many Thanks

marbro8
04-09-2014, 17:45
Hello Guys,

I used to have a friend that came to pick me up from Tenerife South Airport but he has now returned to the UK and it has been a few years since I got a taxi from the airport to my apartment.

Can anyone let me know how much a taxi would cost from the airport to Playa De Las Americas.

Many Thanksshouldn't be more than €20:)

macdonald5
04-09-2014, 17:52
shouldn't be more than €20:)

We have usually been charged €25 but some (cheeky) drivers have even asked for €29
One cab driver assured us that €25 was 'official' fare from airport to Playa Las Americas

Ecky Thump
04-09-2014, 18:02
We have usually been charged €25 but some (cheeky) drivers have even asked for €29
One cab driver assured us that €25 was 'official' fare from airport to Playa Las Americas

I'm almost positive that's about the price that shows on the official taxi fare display at the airport, but some of the drivers do add extras onto their meters

nelson
04-09-2014, 20:39
I think if there are four passengers it costs more , and it's more I think at night . Could be just scamming but over the years we have generally paid 25 euro to Los cristinos and on occasions 30 euros.

That was before we discovered the regular titsa bus service from just outside arrivals . A clean air conditioned bus every 30 minutes , fare 3.70 euro each.

Now it's getting to be just me and mrs nelson , with our empty nest, it's a big saving , and an enjoyable non Grand Prix journey. Then a steady 10 minute stroll to the apartment , it's what upright wheel suitcases were made for

delderek
04-09-2014, 22:00
I think if there are four passengers it costs more

Nothing extra for 4 passengers.

These are the 2013 Taxi tariffs, not complete but I have made as simple as poss

DAY 3.15e up to 2km included, Price per kilometer 0.55e

NIGHT 3.43e (22:00 to 06:00) and Fiesta days up to 2km included, Price per kilometer 0.63e

Supplement from or to Airport or Port 1.70e

Supplement for calling Radio cab 0.50e

Various supplements Christmas/New year

celine
04-09-2014, 23:54
We have always been charged between 25 to 30 euros...
plus we have took the bus which is also great...

maxbaby
05-09-2014, 10:07
We've been getting on one of Travel Republics buses. Theyre about the cheapest and drop you off as near to your apartment as possible. (Titsa is cheapest of all though) Think resorthoppa have become quite expensive.:wow:

Tenerife Babe
07-09-2014, 22:46
Just wanted to say a big THANKS to everyone for the Info. XX

essexeddie
09-09-2014, 18:43
I always keep an eye on the price and if I'm ever over charged then no tip. Easy.
But now with only hand luggage we use the bus.

theslaters
12-11-2014, 11:51
We got charged 27e in a 7 seater 5 of us after midnight my brother turned up a week later after midnight and got charged 35e!!!!
The question is would anyone complain or just pay?

Sundowner
12-11-2014, 13:46
We got charged 27e in a 7 seater 5 of us after midnight my brother turned up a week later after midnight and got charged 35e!!!!
The question is would anyone complain or just pay?

I think you got lucky and did not pay the night rate:) But your brother did:crying2:

malagabob
12-11-2014, 13:50
Booked with Travel Republic £25 ( 30euros)return private taxi TFS to El Camison.

Angusjim
12-11-2014, 16:18
Booked with Travel Republic £25 ( 30euros)return private taxi TFS to El Camison.

I just returned this week using the Travel Republic deal all went very well no issues at airport end and picked up on time ( or near enough) at apartment we had a 12 seat mini bus to ourselves we are booked again for 2/1/15. Only thing you have to check pick up time for return with Urbus don't try calling them to confirm this they just never answer I went on website and it was all really simple to confirm well must be if I managed it

Malteser Monkey
12-11-2014, 16:38
I just returned this week using the Travel Republic deal all went very well no issues at airport end and picked up on time ( or near enough) at apartment we had a 12 seat mini bus to ourselves we are booked again for 2/1/15. Only thing you have to check pick up time for return with Urbus don't try calling them to confirm this they just never answer I went on website and it was all really simple to confirm well must be if I managed it

I thought you hitched it:wink2:

ok that's enough on your first day back - I've soooooo missed you AJ