PDA

View Full Version : On line boarding passes and luggage drop-off from Tenerife to mainland Spain

mariben
07-09-2014, 08:10
Good Morning, I would be happy with any advice anybody on forum can give me. We are flying from Tenerife North airport to Majorca via Bilbao with Air Europa, it says we can print off our boarding passes online, but we have baggage to check in, so is it ok to get the boarding passes when we check in at the airport, I have checked on there website and there is nothing saying that you will be charged if you do so and nothing saying you must print off the boarding passes and take them to the airport. So we got the impression its up to you.

We have never had connecting flights when we check in at Tenerife North airport and land in Bilbao will the airline transfer our baggage to our connecting flight for Majorca, its the same airline or will we have to collect our baggage and check in again.

Thank you
Joanne

nelson
07-09-2014, 10:29
Good Morning, I would be happy with any advice anybody on forum can give me. We are flying from Tenerife North airport to Majorca via Bilbao with Air Europa, it says we can print off our boarding passes online, but we have baggage to check in, so is it ok to get the boarding passes when we check in at the airport, I have checked on there website and there is nothing saying that you will be charged if you do so and nothing saying you must print off the boarding passes and take them to the airport. So we got the impression its up to you.

We have never had connecting flights when we check in at Tenerife North airport and land in Bilbao will the airline transfer our baggage to our connecting flight for Majorca, its the same airline or will we have to collect our baggage and check in again.

Thank you
Joanne

Good luck with that. There are a good airline but it's difficult for a Brit to sort online. We travelled with them in April 2010 from tfnorth to Madrid, It was the day the volcano stopped uk flights and we booked online with Europa to get to Madrid as that could still be done , it was the first leg of our volcano escape run home.

When we arrived at tfnorth they had cancelled our online booking as we had paid online by uk credit card , well you would wouldn't you? The website had allowed that and we had printed booking ref etc. anyway they still had seats so they allowed credit card payment there with the passport to endorse. So our volcanoes escape was not delayed .

My guess is you will get told by them answers if you ask but will discover what happens in reality in due course.

mariben
07-09-2014, 13:58
Good luck with that. There are a good airline but it's difficult for a Brit to sort online. We travelled with them in April 2010 from tfnorth to Madrid, It was the day the volcano stopped uk flights and we booked online with Europa to get to Madrid as that could still be done , it was the first leg of our volcano escape run home.

When we arrived at tfnorth they had cancelled our online booking as we had paid online by uk credit card , well you would wouldn't you? The website had allowed that and we had printed booking ref etc. anyway they still had seats so they allowed credit card payment there with the passport to endorse. So our volcanoes escape was not delayed .

My guess is you will get told by them answers if you ask but will discover what happens in reality in due course.

Thank you for your information, my friend said to wait till we got to the airport and when we check in our baggage they will give us our boarding passes for both flights, so hopefully all will be ok. Hopefully all will run smoothly.

CeeCee
07-09-2014, 15:03
Hi meriben
We flew from Tenerife North to Palma,Majorca in June of this year with Air Europa. Yes they will print off both your boarding cards at the check in desk, (at no extra charge) and yes, they will transfer your luggage for you so no need to check in again.
If you need any more info,just let me know and I will try to help.

mariben
07-09-2014, 19:46
Hi meriben
We flew from Tenerife North to Palma,Majorca in June of this year with Air Europa. Yes they will print off both your boarding cards at the check in desk, (at no extra charge) and yes, they will transfer your luggage for you so no need to check in again.
If you need any more info,just let me know and I will try to help.

Thank you for the information CeeCee that is a great help. May I ask, when we arrive at Bilbao airport for our connecting flight to Majorca is there a different way to go for connecting flights or is it the same as the people collecting there baggage, do we have to go through customs and out into the arrivals and come back through security again. Sorry hope that makes sense.

CeeCee
08-09-2014, 16:01
No you do not go through customs. Just before you are ready to land, an announcement will be made telling you the gate number to go to for your flight to Palma.
When you get off the plane,you will be in the departure lounge, just make your way to the gate number given (If you have forgotten, like we did ! not a problem,just look for your flight number on the information board)
Good Luck