PDA

View Full Version : Paying cash into a bank account in Tenerife

welsh wendy
08-09-2014, 13:15
Hi everyone. My husband & brother-in-law have a bank account with La Caixa in Los Cristianos. My sister is on holiday there right now and so my husband asked her to pay some money into the account. The cashier would not let her pay the money in as there was no signature from either of them. This has not happened before and the cashier said that it had all changed last year (she didn't speak good English). So can anyone tell me what would have to be signed if neither of them were paying the money in themselves? I hope someone can help us as we have bills to pay. :confused:

zumba queen
08-09-2014, 14:51
We are also in the same bank,when we want to pay in money we use the ATM machine at the door,very easy and quick.

welsh wendy
08-09-2014, 16:44
We are also in the same bank,when we want to pay in money we use the ATM machine at the door,very easy and quick.

They'd better sign up for some bank cards at Christmas when we are all next over. But surely there must be a paying-in type book. Until now they just gave me a computer receipt whenever I paid money into the account.

essexeddie
09-09-2014, 17:14
Sounds a bit odd to me and never heard of that before. Why are they stopping people paying in money???? I have always just handed over the cash (Barclays) at the counter and received a till receipt which I have to sign. What has changed.
It all sounds crazy. It can only happen in Tenerife. I'd go back and try again.

warbey
09-09-2014, 19:48

Never heard of a Bank refusing Money ......................................

Perhaps it's tied in with precautions for Money'Laundering..??

essexeddie
09-09-2014, 20:10
Yeah! could be. It gets more difficult every time to pay your bills.

welsh wendy
10-09-2014, 07:18
Yeah! could be. It gets more difficult every time to pay your bills.

It was only £500 in euros. ??

languagefan
10-09-2014, 14:45
Yes, caixa is the best of all spanish banks, using the atms with big keywords u manage all necessary actions, payments, standing order, direct debit thru the cashpoint. I never need to go inside as the keyboard cashpoint do everything, and have english language available as well.

bonitatime
14-09-2014, 14:16
If Caixa is the best god help us all
Barclays have a new trick to pay my community fees I either have to go to their branch in Los Cristianos or if I want to pay it in another branch I need to give them 3€ for the pleasure

martincrabb99
14-09-2014, 17:44
Yes, caixa is the best of all spanish banks, using the atms with big keywords u manage all necessary actions, payments, standing order, direct debit thru the cashpoint. I never need to go inside as the keyboard cashpoint do everything, and have english language available as well.

Was La Caixa formerly Caja Canaries?

languagefan
14-09-2014, 19:17
They have merged and now became one

SeanC
16-09-2014, 13:50

If you're referring to Caja Canarias, then yep.

Not to be confused with La Caja de Canarias (yellow branded bank from Gran Canaria).

essexeddie
16-09-2014, 16:44
Just had notification from Barclays SL that the Bank has been sold to Caixa Bank. So I may sit tight and see what happens.

welsh wendy
16-09-2014, 20:54
Just had notification from Barclays SL that the Bank has been sold to Caixa Bank. So I may sit tight and see what happens.

My brother-in-law phoned the bank and they are supposed to be sending documents to him via email. Also he scanned both his & my husband's passports as the fax copies to them were unclear. I had done this last month after google translating the letters sent to them from the bank. It's to do with money laundering & terrorism. I'll let you know what happens next.

Jabba43
17-09-2014, 08:31
It's to do with money laundering & terrorism. I'll let you know what happens next.

Yeah I like this line of spin, it is about taxes and nothing else.

martincrabb99
17-09-2014, 09:07

Possibly a bit of both which are both necessary to maintain legality.

welsh wendy
18-09-2014, 07:50

We'll if it is about any of these then we are ok. We aren't involved in terrorism, money laundering & most certainly do not rent out our apartment.

martincrabb99
18-09-2014, 08:59
We'll if it is about any of these then we are ok. We aren't involved in terrorism, money laundering & most certainly do not rent out our apartment.

Your exactly the same as me except occasionally I go swimming with my money in my bathing shorts and have to hang my notes out to dry[emoji6]

welsh wendy
28-09-2014, 21:16
Just to let you know that the following documents were emailed to my brother-in-law & my husband for signature:-
1. Declaracion/modification de datos para le relacion de negocios (Modelo 5433)
2. Digitalizacion firma de cliente
3. Declaration de residencia fiscal
4. Declaration de residencia fiscal (Modelo 7148)
We are just scanning them to send back to them so that a block is not put on the bank account.
I hope this info might help anyone else.

essexeddie
28-09-2014, 21:35
I have been trying to access my bank from the UK (Barclays) without success. Keeps telling me that I am putting the wrong info, which I'm not. Will have to wait until I get over in three weeks time.
What is it with Spanish banks? They seem to do their upmost to be difficult.

delderek
28-09-2014, 22:17
I have been trying to access my bank from the UK (Barclays) without success. Keeps telling me that I am putting the wrong info, which I'm not. Will have to wait until I get over in three weeks time.

Could it be because they now belong to Caixa bank. Which presumably means all account details will change?

welsh wendy
29-09-2014, 11:22

We found them ok to deal with by phone and email. They just don't seem to following things through like us Brits.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Could it be because they now belong to Caixa bank. Which presumably means all account details will change?

We were originally with Caja Canarias until La Caixa took them over. Our account details changed but we are still allowed to use
the old Caja Canarias cheque book.:confused:

essexeddie
29-09-2014, 15:03
I tried the phone route without success as well. Hung on for a while then a voice came on in pigeon English to tell me to phone later. So I sent them a message.
I think I'm in for some fun.

languagefan
20-05-2016, 16:53
Caixa ATMs are fab and don't need any signatures

essexeddie
21-05-2016, 14:41
Also their online bank is fantastic. Much better than anything we have in the UK. Can't fault it.

delderek
21-05-2016, 17:55
Also their online bank is fantastic. Much better than anything we have in the UK. Can't fault it.

Can't fault any of my UK online systems.

essexeddie
29-05-2016, 18:51
Can't fault any of my UK online systems.

Nor could I, the UK banking is fine but I must say that the Ciaxia system was an eye opener, so much information at hand. It really is very good.

phillip
30-05-2016, 17:44
Nor could I, the UK banking is fine but I must say that the Ciaxia system was an eye opener, so much information at hand. It really is very good.

Could not agree more! We've been with La Caixa for over ten years and the service I get from my branch is excellent. My personal banker replies to my emails the same day and The online service is great - as you said.