PDA

View Full Version : Other Information needed to obtain a Touristic licence for a complex

martincrabb99
14-09-2014, 16:06
Have any owners of property on this forum been involved in the Touristic Licence application process?

delderek
14-09-2014, 16:59
NO, but as far as I understand from the crazy laws no new touristic licences can ever be issued unless you have a 5* hotel, or you have a complex which has been dormant touristic.

martincrabb99
14-09-2014, 17:10
NO, but as far as I understand from the crazy laws no new touristic licences can ever be issued unless you have a 5* hotel, or you have a complex which has been dormant touristic.

I understand that the complex where we have our apartment was dormant touristic and the community are now in the process of requesting owners to agree to the obtaining of a touristic licence.

Ecky Thump
14-09-2014, 17:18
I understand that the complex where we have our apartment was dormant touristic and the community are now in the process of requesting owners to agree to the obtaining of a touristic licence.

Martin, would you prefer it left as a dormant touristic complex or remain as a residential one?

El Mirador complex is a residential one, but I get the impression that the majority of owners there would prefer it to be touristic, I think this is for financial reasons.

martincrabb99
14-09-2014, 17:32
Martin, would you prefer it left as a dormant touristic complex or remain as a residential one?

El Mirador complex is a residential one, but I get the impression that the majority of owners there would prefer it to be touristic, I think this is for financial reasons.

Well I think it would be beneficial to owners who would like to let their property as holiday lets. I do not let my property but they still want us to make alterations to the interior of the property and to sign a document ' ceding ' our property to a sole agent. This has implications such as the sole agent having keys to our apartment even though we do not rent and having to notify them when friends and family stay. The alterations consist of fire retardant curtains, shatter proof mirrors, luggage racks etc etc.
We have been informed that 100% of owners have to agree or it simply won't happen and it would then be residential which would be a shame for those who wish to rent and the local business people on and surrounding the complex. Also if you sign any document ceding your property to a sole agent it is fraught with complexities about taxation and other legal matters. But to answer your question I would prefer the complex to be legal but without the requirement to sign any document as an owner who does not rent in any form whatsoever. I hope that assists.

TenerifeTeddy
14-09-2014, 18:46
I can't say I know anything about this subject, but it seems crazy to me that you should have to make internal alterations to your property, at your expense and give keys to an agent if you never have any intention of letting your property out. Surely you could just give your vote, but make sure your apartment is not included in the list of those available to rent.

However from all the issues we have had getting our school legally registered, with the British Council, Ayuntamiento and Gobierno I know how ridiculous and restrictive the laws can be here:redcard:

martincrabb99
14-09-2014, 18:55
I can't say I know anything about this subject, but it seems crazy to me that you should have to make internal alterations to your property, at your expense and give keys to an agent if you never have any intention of letting your property out. Surely you could just give your vote, but make sure your apartment is not included in the list of those available to rent.

However from all the issues we have had getting our school legally registered, with the British Council, Ayuntamiento and Gobierno I know how ridiculous and restrictive the laws can be here:redcard:

Thank you for your reply and I agree entirely with what you say. It is quite ludicrous as I would be in favour of a touristic licence....but not on these terms and conditions.[emoji20]

delderek
14-09-2014, 20:44
Yes 100% to make touristic sounds right, as does a single agent, but not everyone has to sign up with the agent to let their apartment. As long as he has 51% signed up he is legal. So in your case if you do not want to let out, you do not have to. If your proposed agent is requesting that you sign up to his conditions, find another agent.

martincrabb99
14-09-2014, 21:28
Yes 100% to make touristic sounds right, as does a single agent, but not everyone has to sign up with the agent to let their apartment. As long as he has 51% signed up he is legal. So in your case if you do not want to let out, you do not have to. If your proposed agent is requesting that you sign up to his conditions, find another agent.

Thank you Del Derek that is really useful information to have. The choice of agent was decided because everything was already in place in our complex as it has a reception, cleaning and maintenance staff, gardening contractors, laundry, Wi-fi , TV. Systems etc etc. so they formed their own maintenance company effectively appointing themselves as the letting agent as well. I think they have got it wrong and your post has been most helpful[emoji106]

BobMac
14-09-2014, 21:48
I would suggest that you contact J a n e t A n s c o m b e.com (remove the spaces)

She is very well clued up on all aspects regarding this subject.

nelson
14-09-2014, 23:18

You are confusing the percentages , but given the laws it's hardly your fault . It needs 100 per cent to vote to restore the touristic licence , but once up and running it requires only 50 plus 1 per cent to carry on .

After voting the touristic back in with 100 per cent it's fine then not to participate in the renting , the renters can carry on with a minimum of 50 plus 1 per cent.

It's totally barmy but that's the old law, the 1995 law .

Of course under the new draft law touristics will be all put to a sole agent to rent out and residents fined for illegal residenting .

martincrabb99
15-09-2014, 07:29
You are confusing the percentages , but given the laws it's hardly your fault . It needs 100 per cent to vote to restore the touristic licence , but once up and running it requires only 50 plus 1 per cent to carry on .

After voting the touristic back in with 100 per cent it's fine then not to participate in the renting , the renters can carry on with a minimum of 50 plus 1 per cent.

It's totally barmy but that's the old law, the 1995 law .

Of course under the new draft law touristics will be all put to a sole agent to rent out and residents fined for illegal residenting .

The problem for me is not the actual vote for the touristic licence which I agree with in principle, it is the wording of the document which they are asking us to sign ceding our property to a sole agent. We do not rent our property and I'm not ceding my freehold property to a sole agent who could at a later stage legally rent the property which I own against my will! As for altering the interior to suit the requisites of the sole letting agent well they can swivel!

nelson
15-09-2014, 07:54
The problem for me is not the actual vote for the touristic licence which I agree with in principle, it is the wording of the document which they are asking us to sign ceding our property to a sole agent. We do not rent our property and I'm not ceding my freehold property to a sole agent who could at a later stage legally rent the property which I own against my will! As for altering the interior to suit the requisites of the sole letting agent well they can swivel!

I would not really know if your complex are working towards the old 1995 law or trying to measure up to the new tourist law? Certainly under the old law owners in a touristic complex but not signed with the sole agent did not furnish their properties in line with the agents needs . Perhaps this level of commitment is what the law demands for the complex to get its licence back? 100 per cent signed up and all fully legally commuted to giving the agent their properties furnished uniformly for that purpose ?

As you say , not a proposal that many will want to take up

martincrabb99
15-09-2014, 08:54
I would not really know if your complex are working towards the old 1995 law or trying to measure up to the new tourist law? Certainly under the old law owners in a touristic complex but not signed with the sole agent did not furnish their properties in line with the agents needs . Perhaps this level of commitment is what the law demands for the complex to get its licence back? 100 per cent signed up and all fully legally commuted to giving the agent their properties furnished uniformly for that purpose ?

As you say , not a proposal that many will want to take up

They are working towards the new law and you are spot on, your last sentence is much more eloquent than my proposal...thank you Nelson.

Sundowner
15-09-2014, 12:29
I would be very careful if I was you!
I think you will be expected to pay for all the extra facilities they need to operate as a tourist complex whether you rent or not! 24 hour reception + lifeguards are 2 things that come to mind and I would also worry about any future upgrades they decided on, as I think you would also be paying your share of that.

I am no expert and I am only trying to sound a word of caution! Young Golfer, CIM or Janet A would be able to give you more info.

Best of luck.

Bhamannette
15-09-2014, 12:42
I agree with you 100% Martin Crabb I never bought to let and there is no way I would want to sign something giving 'anyone' any rights over my apartment although I understand the attraction for others, for example our complex shop is really struggling. I'm sure if it was touristic they would be ok but as it is a residential complex they simply cant compete with Mercadona rather like our corner shops here.

martincrabb99
15-09-2014, 13:45
I would be very careful if I was you!
I think you will be expected to pay for all the extra facilities they need to operate as a tourist complex whether you rent or not! 24 hour reception + lifeguards are 2 things that come to mind and I would also worry about any future upgrades they decided on, as I think you would also be paying your share of that.

I am no expert and I am only trying to sound a word of caution! Young Golfer, CIM or Janet A would be able to give you more info.

Best of luck.

Thanks Sundowner, a lot of good advice and contacts which I will research and utilise to inform others.....great!