PDA

View Full Version : Other What is the best way to post a package to Tenerife?

jen wren
14-09-2014, 18:53
Good evening All.
I have a large table lamp that i want to have in Tenerife but wondering about getting it there, its too big to go in a suitcase so was thinking about posting it to myself. I come to Tenerife on 18th october so was wondering if anyone had any info on things such as : How long would it take to get from post office to my flat in Los Abrigos, Would it be cheaper to pay for it as an extra on the plane.
Any advise gratefully received

martincrabb99
14-09-2014, 19:24
Good evening All.
I have a large table lamp that i want to have in Tenerife but wondering about getting it there, its too big to go in a suitcase so was thinking about posting it to myself. I come to Tenerife on 18th october so was wondering if anyone had any info on things such as : How long would it take to get from post office to my flat in Los Abrigos, Would it be cheaper to pay for it as an extra on the plane.
Any advise gratefully received

Hi, I am not an expert on this subject myself but I think the post office have a maximum size for transportation. So first job would be the measurements and then check with the post office. If it's too big for the post office I would suggest an import/export company and compare against the price of an extra seat on the plane as I'm sure that's how musicians transport there precious cargo.
Other members of the forum may have more definitive answers but I hope this is useful.

timmylish
15-09-2014, 01:35
Frankly, never mind the costs involved, I would have difficulty in seeing your lamp survive the normal postal system. Additional baggage would win hands down for me.

martincrabb99
15-09-2014, 08:55
Frankly, never mind the costs involved, I would have difficulty in seeing your lamp survive the normal postal system. Additional baggage would win hands down for me.

Agreed[emoji106]