PDA

View Full Version : Other Blackpool airport closure

primrose
29-09-2014, 13:47
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/blackpool-airport-closure-shock-1-6867209. That will be a shock to all those that have flights booked with Jet2.

Ecky Thump
29-09-2014, 13:53
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/blackpool-airport-closure-shock-1-6867209. That will be a shock to all those that have flights booked with Jet2.

Not good news, but hopefully the English Government will step in and buy the airport, this happened at Prestwick airport, when the Scottish Government bought the airport for £1.

primrose
29-09-2014, 14:01
Not good news, but hopefully the English Government will step in and buy the airport, this happened at Prestwick airport, when the Scottish Government bought the airport for £1.

Hope so,that is the Airport I would choose to fly to if I was going back to England.

Malteser Monkey
29-09-2014, 14:06
Hope so,that is the Airport I would choose to fly to if I was going back to England.

i USED IT ONCE IT'S GREAT NO HASSLE AIRPORT oops caps:whistle:

primrose
29-09-2014, 14:35
i USED IT ONCE IT'S GREAT NO HASSLE AIRPORT oops caps:whistle:

Great little Airport, no crowds, no hassle. no caps. :crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
29-09-2014, 14:41
Great little Airport, no crowds, no hassle. no caps. :crylaughing:

weren't too many tatoos and hankies either:whistle:

primrose
29-09-2014, 14:44
A lot of Swallows use Blackpool Airport.Flights were always dearer with Jet2 but so much easier to get to than Manchester or Liverpool.

Malteser Monkey
29-09-2014, 14:58
A lot of Swallows use Blackpool Airport.Flights were always dearer with Jet2 but so much easier to get to than Manchester or Liverpool.

When I flew from there they opened the back door and about 10 of us marched onto the plane and sat where we wanted ! it was the best flight !

primrose
29-09-2014, 15:20
When I flew from there they opened the back door and about 10 of us marched onto the plane and sat where we wanted ! it was the best flight !

I have almost forgiven them for taking my Primula Cheese Spread and my Lemon Cheese off me but I have not forgotten.Hope it choked them.:neener:

Malteser Monkey
29-09-2014, 15:23
I have almost forgiven them for taking my Primula Cheese Spread and my Lemon Cheese off me but I have not forgotten.Hope it choked them.:neener:

really, were they in your case ?

primrose
29-09-2014, 16:08
really, were they in your case ?

Hand luggage, so my own fault.

Tshirt
29-09-2014, 19:14
http://www.jet2.com/News/Blackpool_Airport_Announcement/

warbey
29-09-2014, 19:25

It's a bit like School Playing Fields, People don't miss Them until Theyre gone.

The People of Blackpool and the Area should fight Tooth and nail to save what should be a Valuable Asset..

The Welsh Government bought Cardiff Airport for 50+ Million.
but Our Health Service needed some of it......................c'est La Vie.

tfs1
29-09-2014, 21:46
seems like the Blackpool landladies may have to go to Manchester for their winter flights to the Canaries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-29412152

martincrabb99
29-09-2014, 21:55
I think it is a shame that some smaller regional airports are closed down. In my own area Coventry Airport stopped commercial flights in part due to protest groups but mainly planning issues. Thomson used to fly from there and it provided a good service for the local area.

primrose
29-09-2014, 22:22
seems like the Blackpool landladies may have to go to Manchester for their winter flights to the Canaries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-29412152

Why do we need 2 Threads about Blackpool Airport.

Ecky Thump
29-09-2014, 22:34

Shortage of Mods:whistle:???

tfs1
29-09-2014, 22:56

I did check to see if a thread titled Blackpool airport had been started, perhaps if I had checked one titled bllackpool airport i would have found it had already been started !

However, since finding it following your post primrose it now seems to have gone.

Ecky Thump
29-09-2014, 23:32
For tfs1 .....the thread you were looking for.

tfs1
30-09-2014, 08:56
For tfs1 .....the thread you were looking for.

thanks for that, do you know why is it when you do a 'live' search for Bllackpool nothing is shown or has it now been removed from general viewing ?

Ecky Thump
30-09-2014, 09:03
thanks for that, do you know why is it when you do a 'live' search for Bllackpool nothing is shown or has it now been removed from general viewing ?

Maybe it's because this is the "OTHER" Blackpool and it doesent exist, it's only here in our imagination.:lol:

Spoooooky:D::D

Ecky Thump
30-09-2014, 09:17
I did check to see if a thread titled Blackpool airport had been started, perhaps if I had checked one titled bllackpool airport i would have found it had already been started !

However, since finding it following your post primrose it now seems to have gone.

Gone Yesterday-Here Today. I wish my money would do that!;)

TOTO 99
30-09-2014, 09:40

Spelling?........If you search for Blackpool you will only find your thread..........Unfortunately this one has an extra "L" in it which will of course be corrected and a suitable roasting given out...:lol:

Malteser Monkey
30-09-2014, 09:42
Spelling?........If you search for Blackpool you will only find your thread..........Unfortunately this one has an extra "L" in it which will of course be corrected and a suitable roasting given out...:lol:

:crylaughing:

primrose
30-09-2014, 09:51

Can't wait.:scared:

Malteser Monkey
30-09-2014, 09:53
Can't wait.:scared:

I'll hold your bag:cheeky:

TOTO 99
30-09-2014, 10:03
I'll hold your bag:cheeky:

Another spelling mistake.......

If you're gonna call Primrose an old bag don't try and be posh by adding an "H"....:lol:

Malteser Monkey
30-09-2014, 10:17

If you're gonna call Primrose an old bag don't try and be posh by adding an "H"....:lol:

Oi ! Wotchit you or i'll be offering to 'old summit of yours:crazy::crylaughing:

primrose
30-09-2014, 10:24

She knows me so well.:laugh:

julia44
04-10-2014, 06:34
www.change.org/p/balfour-betty-save-blackpool-airport there is a petition to save the airport I have signed as my parents and friends all use this airport so much easier than travelling to Manchester

macdonald5
04-10-2014, 08:48
www.change.org/p/balfour-betty-save-blackpool-airport there is a petition to save the airport I have signed as my parents and friends all use this airport so much easier than travelling to Manchester

Yes we've signed petition too, holiday friends of ours love this quiet , almost stress less airport

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 08:53
Yes we've signed petition too, holiday friends of ours love this quiet , almost stress less airport

Mrs Mac maybe you may have hit the nail on the head why it may be closing with your statement above

macdonald5
04-10-2014, 08:56
Mrs Mac maybe you may have hit the nail on the head why it may be closing with your statement above

Very true AJ ,but so is Prestwick and it was 'saved' for a time at least

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 08:59
Very true AJ ,but so is Prestwick and it was 'saved' for a time at least

Yes but I think more to do with President Salmond not wanting to loose face having to let an airport shut in Scotland during his reign it will shut just a matter of time

Carol55
07-10-2014, 18:05
The latest news is that Blackpool Airport has no fuel to reload planes. This is due to the suppliers halting deliveries to the airport.

Jet2 flights have been reported to have diverted to Manchester and East Midlands Airports.

primrose
07-10-2014, 18:58
The latest news is that Blackpool Airport has no fuel to reload planes. This is due to the suppliers halting deliveries to the airport.

Jet2 flights have been reported to have diverted to Manchester and East Midlands Airports.

Just said on North West Tonight Blackpool Airport will close. Last Commercial flight will be on the 15th October. SAD

warbey
07-10-2014, 20:34
Just said on North West Tonight Blackpool Airport will close. Last Commercial flight will be on the 15th October. SAD

probably already got the Plans in for Outline Permission.......sad..........