PDA

View Full Version : Other Spanish brand names...

Happy Days
29-09-2014, 15:44
Has anyone else noticed popular UK products available here under a different brand name?

Our little daughter was six months old before we realised that her Dodot nappies were Pampers.

Lays crisps, are they Walkers?

And McVities, I'm not sure, are they sometimes branded Fortuna or something similar here?

Hard facts are required!!

primrose
29-09-2014, 16:14
Has anyone else noticed popular UK products available here under a different brand name?

Our little daughter was six months old before we realised that her Dodot nappies were Pampers.

And McVities, I'm not sure, are they sometimes branded Fortuna or something similar here?

Hard facts are required!!

Just don't buy Spanish Bovril nothing like English, :v2: I don't think the Spanish products taste like the English products although I do sometimes buy them.

Happy Days
29-09-2014, 16:33
Lol, just reminded me. Years ago you got Irn-Bru made here under license - it was distinctly different!

marbro8
29-09-2014, 16:50

Hard facts are required!!yes lays are known as walkers in the uk and ireland and smiths in australia, because they are owned by the pepsico brand, but i think lays taste much better than walkers:)

Ecky Thump
29-09-2014, 17:01
Maybe it's because when I'm in Tenerife, I'm on holiday there and it's only for a month at a time, but I can honestly say that I don't crave for any British branded foods, possibly quite the opposite, as when I'm at the supermarket shopping I like to try Spanish food.....it's just like the experience in the UK with Aldi brands!

I also avoid cafés/bars/restaurants that proudly tell you that they are British owned or only use Heinz baked beans.:spin:

marbro8
29-09-2014, 17:47
Maybe it's because when I'm in Tenerife, I'm on holiday there and it's only for a month at a time, but I can honestly say that I don't crave for any British branded foods, possibly quite the opposite, as when I'm at the supermarket shopping I like to try Spanish food.....it's just like the experience in the UK with Aldi brands!

I also avoid cafés/bars/restaurants that proudly tell you that they are British owned or only use Heinz baked beans.:spin:we have no choice but to eat them, because our suitcases are full of cathedral cheddar fray bentos kelloggs heinz and mcvittie's lmao

Ecky Thump
29-09-2014, 17:50
we have no choice but to eat them, because our suitcases are full of cathedral cheddar fray bentos kelloggs heinz and mcvittie's lmao

You forgot to mention the Greg's Steak Bakes.....affectionately known as "Gristle Pie". :devil:

marbro8
29-09-2014, 17:52
You forgot to mention the Greg's Steak Bakes.....affectionately known as "Gristle Pie". :devil:true but they are for one of our loving ex pat mate's:laugh:

Ecky Thump
29-09-2014, 17:54
true but they are for one of our loving ex pat mate's:laugh:

sunspot ??:)

delderek
29-09-2014, 19:28
we have no choice but to eat them, because our suitcases are full of cathedral cheddar fray bentos kelloggs heinz and mcvittie's lmao

All available in Iceland shops.

Red Devil
29-09-2014, 20:46
Does anyone know if Mercadona or Spar sell authentic greek yogurt and the name of it please?

marbro8
30-09-2014, 16:11
All available in Iceland shops.great we will save on the weight of our cases then:lol: