PDA

View Full Version : Other Which is the best resort for family with two young kids?

markstokeshughes80
03-10-2014, 00:30
hi looking at coming on holiday next year to Tenerife have been before a few years back now and went to los cristianos in 2011. we really enjoyed it with are daughter whos was 18 months old at the time, and found there was plenty for us to do with out need to hire a car,so was looking at going back but maybe to different resort we were looking at las Americas,los gigantes and also playa paraiso we now have 2 kids who will be 2 and 6 next year which of these would you say was the better resort with kids who will be 2 and 6 or would going back to los cristianos be best any advice and info or any other recommendations on places that people think would be suitable would be much appreciated.thanks

kathml
03-10-2014, 10:31
El Medano great beach for wee ones

imablue
03-10-2014, 20:55
Agree with El Medano being a great beach...For me though i,d not go and stay at Paraiso or Gigantes.. nice to visit for a day but not a lot there .. got to be Las Americas or Los Cris.
Some brilliant Apartments and Hotels to suit all price ranges around Fañabe,Torviscas and San Eugenio Bajo.The bus service here is very cheap using a bono pass which does for all the family giving approx. 50% discounts over paying cash .....
You also would be on the doorstep, so to speak, for Aqualand which has really improved their facilities and the kids would love it ..

markstokeshughes80
04-10-2014, 00:55
thanks for replies were abouts is el medano beach? how do you get a bono card and how much do they cost please? also with regards to apartments looking for a private rental and looking at spending £150-£200 a week in july/august is this possible or should i be looking at upping my budget and if so by how much?cheers

Jabba43
04-10-2014, 07:34
El Medano is more Germans, windsurfers, local, bohemian types if you are into that. We always seem to end up in Cristianos with our kids because the sea is less rough than around in Las Americas. The sea can be VERY rough in Medano, plus you always have the wind. Far more of a Spanish feel though compared to LA and Los Cris. IMO get a car, it is only 15 euro a day and visit a few then it does not matter where you stay.

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 08:09
Personally speaking if you are going July / August I would go to mainland Spain with young children they seem to cater more for children over there from what we could see during our wee trip this year. Just my opinion for what its worth:tiphat:

marbro8
04-10-2014, 09:36
if i had to choose in tenerife i would go for las americas,and stay at the parque santiago 111,it has a nice kids pool with slides to keep them entertained and you are literally 10 yards from a nice beach,you can travel to places from there if you wanted like lorro park which is about 60 mins on a coach,aqualand or siam park which is about €10 in a taxi,monkey park in los cris is always a must for us while we are there,we walk it but again a €10 taxi ride if you wanted,the kids would love being able to feed small monkeys while in the same cage with them lol,you also have the park santiago v over the road with a great crazy golf course,you can play 9 or 18 holes,we always play about 36 because we cheat by not letting the golf balls go down the last hole then going round again ha ha,if you need attraction tickets and you do stay at the parque santiago then as you come out of your hotel turn right walk past the hotel with all the archers and the hard rock cafe,then past the big blue round one called the med palace,and as you get to the compostela beach hotel turn right down a small street with the vista sur shopping centre on your left and about 4 shops down is a money exchange place called redarrow,just ask for bob or jess and they will sort you out;),i know you said you wanted to rent private and i am pretty sure they have owners on parque santiago 111 so you could rent one from them or from the hotel chain themselves just have a look at villarenters or owners direct,anyway hope this helps and whatever you choose have a great time;)

martincrabb99
04-10-2014, 09:52
El Medano is more Germans, windsurfers, local, bohemian types if you are into that. We always seem to end up in Cristianos with our kids because the sea is less rough than around in Las Americas. The sea can be VERY rough in Medano, plus you always have the wind. Far more of a Spanish feel though compared to LA and Los Cris. IMO get a car, it is only 15 euro a day and visit a few then it does not matter where you stay.

I would agree entirely, I love El Medano but the sea and wind should be a consideration if your children are young.

imablue
04-10-2014, 18:38
thanks for replies were abouts is el medano beach? how do you get a bono card and how much do they cost please? also with regards to apartments looking for a private rental and looking at spending £150-£200 a week in july/august is this possible or should i be looking at upping my budget and if so by how much?cheers
El Medano is further up the TF1 (going north) from the airport... would think even to visit for a day a car would be needed,leaving you freedom to choose when you would want to return to wherever you stay.Bono cards cost €15 and €25, available from the bus station and in some supermarkets.
I think you will have to up your budget, at the most double to what you are saying,its the high season.
More likely to be around 350 pounds and that maybe for a 1 bedroom in most places ....
have you considered all inclusive ?

markstokeshughes80
04-10-2014, 20:04
thanks havent look at all inclusive as thought last time we went tenerife was cheap to eat out there so thought it would be cheaper getting apartmnt.would you say all incllusive would be cheaper?found few apartments in los cristianos for around £250 a week one was in el mirador one in castle harbour and other los diamantes they all look around the similar place on map are these good locations and is it that far from beach thanks or would all inclusive be better option then? thanks again

imablue
04-10-2014, 20:18
The 3 Complexes you mention are all of good standard,the choice is yours.if you can get somewhere for 250 i,d say take it.Bit of a walk uphill from the beach but for me thats all part of the holiday. forget the AI.Enjoy your holiday .

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 21:41
The 3 Complexes you mention are all of good standard,the choice is yours.if you can get somewhere for 250 i,d say take it.Bit of a walk uphill from the beach but for me thats all part of the holiday. forget the AI.Enjoy your holiday .

All a good standard but only one has a touristic licence be careful paying money upfront

imablue
04-10-2014, 22:07
Yes care needs to be taken..if in doubt dont pay anything up front unless the owner(s) can guarantee the place you are booking is vacant. Too many hard luck stories..

markstokeshughes80
04-10-2014, 23:48
many thanks what do you mean by touristic licence and what complex has a touristic licence. do you mean others should not be renting and what hard luck stories have you heard has people paid for apartments then not be able stay in them so loss there money before now?

Angusjim
05-10-2014, 07:31
many thanks what do you mean by touristic licence and what complex has a touristic licence. do you mean others should not be renting and what hard luck stories have you heard has people paid for apartments then not be able stay in them so loss there money before now? There is a whole thread about this on the forum if you have a spare week read thru it. Lots on here do rent on these complexes including myself but usually with cousins & people you know and trust but with yourself coming over with young children I think you want to be sure everything is OK at the very least pay by credit card, not trying to scare you off just trying to warn you about potential problems.Have you looked on Paloma Beach site good complex on the flat quite near beach

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-illegal-lettings-thread enjoy !!

markstokeshughes80
05-10-2014, 22:16
There is a whole thread about this on the forum if you have a spare week read thru it. Lots on here do rent on these complexes including myself but usually with cousins & people you know and trust but with yourself coming over with young children I think you want to be sure everything is OK at the very least pay by credit card, not trying to scare you off just trying to warn you about potential problems.Have you looked on Paloma Beach site good complex on the flat quite near beach

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-illegal-lettings-thread enjoy !!

many thanks will have a read through it and will take a look at paloma beach. which would you say would be best resorts for nightime entertainment is there anywere that is kid friendly in any of resorts with a dance floor that my kids could go for a little dance as i know there both only young but they both love to dance to music with lights would we find anywere like that in tenerife and were would be best.cheers again

markstokeshughes80
05-10-2014, 22:22
many thanks will take a read of that and have a look at paloma beach.which is best resort for nightime entertainment for kids.is there anywere around that is kid friendly with a dance fall with music on that my kids could go have a dance before it got to busy as i know there only young but both love to dance with disco lights on would there be anywere like that in tenerife and if so which resort would be best for it thanks again.

Angusjim
06-10-2014, 07:14
many thanks will take a read of that and have a look at paloma beach.which is best resort for nightime entertainment for kids.is there anywere around that is kid friendly with a dance fall with music on that my kids could go have a dance before it got to busy as i know there only young but both love to dance with disco lights on would there be anywere like that in tenerife and if so which resort would be best for it thanks again.
Nothing much in Los Cristianos I asked on here last time I took my grandson but seems to be nothing unless you are staying in a hotel, seems to be the same in most of the resorts I always think they are missing an opportunity not putting on early evening entertainment for the kids. Down in Costa Adeja there in Laguna Park 1 it had evening entertainment for kids with a disco / games / magicians etc last time we were there about 18 months ago ( even if you are not staying there you can just walk in and go to the entertainment area )

markstokeshughes80
06-10-2014, 07:47
thanks for info i have been to los cristianos before and stayed in el mirador was a few years back now though seemed to remember they had tribute acts on in few bars round there but we were back in apartment early as are eldest now was only just 12 months when we went last time and cant remember what time they were advertised for.have they still got tribute acts and stuff like that on and what time do they normally start.also is the excursion shop just up from el mirador still there the bloke used to be on here think his name was kevin got some really good deals there on excursions and money exchange so would be looking to use them again??cheers again

theslaters
06-10-2014, 09:49
We have 3 little ones 6 and 5 year old twins we always try and stay at the Santa Maria there are lots of private rents on there nice hotel kids clubs near nice beach.we have stayed on private complexes bit quiet with not many other kids to play with and the residents don't seam to like kids playing in the pool even nan n grandads complex lots of huffing n puffing rolling of the eyes etc. just my experience been going since Darcey was 3 months she is now 6 and been 15 times stick with the larger complexes or hotels they are geared up for children.if it was just me and the wife I would stay in El medrano .we are going October half term I pay 400 a week for a large 2 bed my brother is also coming with us and is paying 180 for a studio.