PDA

View Full Version : Other Its been a while

SVFUN
03-10-2014, 19:26
Hello ..well its been about 16mths since i was on here ,just couldnt get off the Lav .....Anyway im over again on the 16th Oct and this time ive privately rented at the Eldorado Apartments Just at back of Jersey Cow so they tell me .well im going to have to stock the fridge up with Grub so wheres best to go for good value shopping ..I know there is a Iceland across road i will be getting my chicken kievs from there but want some proper fodder as well :cooking:
cheers

warbey
03-10-2014, 19:58
. We always use the Supermarket across the Road at the Jersey cow side of the Columbus

There is also another nearer the corner at a lower Level thsat Weve used occasionally
At the rear of Your Accomodation, there's a footpath down to the Patch Area.
At the start of the Pathway, across from the Supermarket there is a Shop on the corner with a Travel Shop next door.
The corner Shop sells Bono Bus Tickets....

Across the road from the Jersy Cow, down towards the Beach, etc, is a good Money Exchange..
There's also a couple of reasonable Cafes with English Staff.

Enjoy...

SVFUN
03-10-2014, 20:18
Cheers warbey the one at side of Columbus from memory was a hypo dino we used it a few times but the owner of the apartment says its a chinese nick nack shop now [ wouldnt surprise me ] unless she as it wrong ...Thers a good one at San Eugenio shopping center we used to use but bit far off from where we are ...Being from Yorkshire im tight and dont like taxis:laugh:

warbey
03-10-2014, 20:29

I spent a couple of Years in Donny, so I have a few Habits picked up and retained too.

I would be very surprised if the Hypo one is shut. It wasn't last March..

Yes the Eugenio one is great, once You find the Entrance.???

Across the Road from the Patch end of that Footpath, there's a small Shop, near to the Palmeras Hotel.
It's p[ricey but has most essentials if You need them.

The Supermarket across from the Patch, down the Stairs is now Chinese Shop.
i'm sure You wont starve!

imablue
03-10-2014, 20:31
Apparently there is now a Dialprix supermarket on Parque Santiago 2..not used this company ourselves but have heard good reports about prices for an (in town touristy)shop if you know what i mean.Apart from that theres the Mercadona at El Camison... it sounds like you did shop at the mercadona in San Eugenio...
El Camison is probably a 10-15 min walk from El Dorado ...and only 2 bus stops from outside the place .......
My good lady has just told me theres a Dialprix right next door to hiper dino opposite El Dorado ....!!!:dontknow:

SVFUN
03-10-2014, 20:35
Oh i wont starve ...Suitcase is full of pasta and rice ...Thanks for info