PDA

View Full Version : Are there any new acts to look out for in Tenerife?

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 07:58
We are over in November is there any new acts around the bars that are worth checking out:tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 11:49
apparently nooo

The Tenerife Entertainment Awards are on next week I think - maybe take a look and you might find some.

Try Oasis FM website mate

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 12:02
apparently nooo

The Tenerife Entertainment Awards are on next week I think - maybe take a look and you might find some.

Try Oasis FM website mate

Had a look and a few names I don't recognise but how do you find out where acts are performing there is not really any place to find out " whats on " unless you stumble upon a sign outside a pub:dontknow:

Maybe an opportunity for pubs / hotels to advertise on here on a whats on section on a weekly basis paying the Forum a small charge to do so, this would be a very helpful service for holiday makers and may boost pubs & hotels business

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 12:09
Had a look and a few names I don't recognise but how do you find out where acts are performing there is not really any place to find out " whats on " unless you stumble upon a sign outside a pub:dontknow:

If you google the artist names they should have a facebook page or something similar...:tiphat:

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 12:13
If you google the artist names they should have a facebook page or something similar...:tiphat:
I dinnae dae that facebook thing:(

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 12:20

mi tampoco !

my first thought is the Canarian weekly (and before someone jumps on here no I am not on their payroll :laugh:) I seem to remember there being lots of ads for bars etc in there

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 12:21

IT'S FREE...:scotland:..:laugh:.............Twitter etc. should be visible. That's why I put similar in my very helpful answer....lol..

You can sign up to Facey without giving any details away. You don't need pictures or anything. My missus does that and just uses it for info.......Usually to try and find out where I am..:laugh:

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 12:26
IT'S FREE...:scotland:..:laugh:.............Twitter etc. should be visible. That's why I put similar in my very helpful answer....lol..

You can sign up to Facey without giving any details away. You don't need pictures or anything. My missus does that and just uses it for info.......Usually to try and find out where I am..:laugh:

I thought Facebook was full o sado's making small talk and spouting drival with nothing better tae dae we their time oh no that the Forum:ashamed:
But back on topic opportunity here for the Forum to make some money / attract new members / bars & hotels to increase their business everyones a winner

marbro8
04-10-2014, 12:30

You can sign up to Facey without giving any details away. You don't need pictures or anything. My missus does that and just uses it for info.......Usually to try and find out where I am..:laugh:why? do the local s&m clubs and local police stations put info on there:lol:

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 12:33
why? do the local s&m clubs and local police stations put info on there:lol:

:crylaughing::crylaughing:

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 12:35
Sorry but if you have nothing to offer this thread other than the usual drivel then do one:angry:

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 12:58
Sorry but if you have nothing to offer this thread other than the usual drivel then do one:angry:

I don't blame you......some posters don't want to help and they just put smilies...not even any words.......

I mean, who T F would do a thing like that?......

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 13:02
I don't blame you......some posters don't want to help and they just put smilies...not even any words.......

I mean, who T F would do a thing like that?......

Well as far as I am concerned it stops here its time the regular posting members tried to get this Forum back on track, funnies are all well and good but not in every thread

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 13:28
Well as far as I am concerned it stops here its time the regular posting members tried to get this Forum back on track, funnies are all well and good but not in every thread

Can we please get back on topic - have you looked at the Canarian weekly :crazy:

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 13:33
Can we please get back on topic - have you looked at the Canarian weekly :crazy:

Bag On......:laugh:

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 13:36

Nice to see one of the main off topic posters taking heed:tiphat: Its not just about me looking for whats on its about tourists in general as I have said an opportunity for a win win all round say 50 pubs & hotels register to advertise at small cost of 20 euros per month a nice wee earner for the forum which would hopefully attract new members if a decent advertising campaign was launched for this

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 13:39
Nice to see one of the main off topic posters taking heed:tiphat: Its not just about me looking for whats on its about tourists in general as I have said an opportunity for a win win all round say 50 pubs & hotels register to advertise at small cost of 20 euros per month a nice wee earner for the forum which would hopefully attract new members if a decent advertising campaign was launched for this

You should have GarlicBread's job..........he won't notice......unless someone on facebook tells him.....:laugh:

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 13:41
Well if the forum don't want the idea maybe someone with the necessary IT skills could set this up as a business and earn some easy money

marbro8
04-10-2014, 13:43
i have often wanted to watch new acts and old in tenerife but can never find out where they are performing,i am a bit reticent of stopping outside bars to even look at the posters for fear of being accosted by a pr:angry:,i have just looked at canarian weekly but i can't find any info on there?

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 13:49
You lot obviously don't drink enough in the day...I can never get past 9pm.....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 13:56
You lot obviously don't drink enough in the day...I can never get past 9pm.....:laugh:

9am some days

Look now stop it ! :doh:

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 14:02
9am some days

Look now stop it ! :doh:

No, that's this lot.......AJ thinks he's Peter Stringfellow...:laugh:

marbro8
04-10-2014, 14:03
we will be over next week and my wife's sister and her hubby will be with us,and he is a massive queen fan(as i am)so could anyone post where we might be able to see a freddy mercury tribute act please:)

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 14:14
we will be over next week and my wife's sister and her hubby will be with us,and he is a massive queen fan(as i am)so could anyone post where we might be able to see a freddy mercury tribute act please:)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187479-d4080959-i75458901-The_Courtyard_Cabaret_Sports_Bar-Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 14:22
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187479-d4080959-i75458901-The_Courtyard_Cabaret_Sports_Bar-Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

A handy link if this was 2013:spin: it would so much easier if you could go to site that would give details of whats on

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 14:26
A handy link if this was 2013:spin: it would so much easier if you could go to site that would give details of whats on

Lol.....maybe he died..can't get a more convincing Freddie than that can you?....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 14:44

Even on the Forum of Fun, they have a new name for us ...."The Forum of Drivel"!

Lots of good threads and posts, then we have a deluge of inane rubbish, I just came to the conclusion that if you can't beat them, just join them and I'm good at Drivel.;)

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 15:00
Even on the Forum of Fun, they have a new name for us ...."The Forum of Drivel"!

Lots of good threads and posts, then we have a deluge of inane rubbish, I just came to the conclusion that if you can't beat them, just join them and I'm good at Drivel.;)
I woudnae worry too much aboot what we are called on there, the " Forum of Fun " they should be done under the trades description act:lol::lol:
But back on topic so no one knows any new acts playing any where in fact no one really knows who is playing anywhere:lol:

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 15:05
I woudnae worry too much aboot what we are called on there, the " Forum of Fun " they should be done under the trades description act:lol::lol:
But back on topic so no one knows any new acts playing any where in fact no one really knows who is playing anywhere:lol:

You will have to join FB for information, even one of our mods seems to think it's the place to look.:lol:

primrose
04-10-2014, 15:23

That's because if there are not enough people in the Bar they cancel the act, so you don't know from one night to the next if there will be an Act on.

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 15:27
That's because if there are not enough people in the Bar they cancel the act, so you don't know from one night to the next if there will be an Act on.
But part of the problem is that no ones knows who is on where unless you pass by that pub and if people knew there was a decent act on they would go there this would encourage competition between pubs and they would have to up there game and maybe get rid of some of the crap acts going about. But I know what you mean about cancelling shows been there got the tee shirt

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 15:46

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not, but the practice of cancelling acts at the last moment appears to have started about three years ago, it was on the El Mirador strip of bars that I first noticed it happening....too many small bars in one area, all plying for the same customers!????

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 15:50
To be honest, I don't think there are many new acts arriving....It's a big risk for what might be a total failure. As has been said, they get cancelled etc so unless you're already established it's a bit dog eat dog which is a shame because it stifles the selection.......

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 18:42

I'm just here for a laugh and try to help when I can.:laugh:

We all pull together when there's a problem or when someone has lost someone .....now that's drivel is it ?:doh:

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 18:49

We all pull together when there's a problem or when someone has lost someone .....now that's drivel is it ?:doh:

Only when it comes from me:wink:

TOTO 99
04-10-2014, 18:58

Seriously can't wait for the next pulling together session.....:laugh:

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 19:02
Seriously can't wait for the next pulling together session.....:laugh:

She's no pulling me I don't like older women especialy them that speak drival:lol:

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 19:04
She's no pulling me I don't like older women especialy them that speak drival:lol:

Do you mean drival or dribble, as I know you like older women on the pull!:p

warbey
04-10-2014, 19:04

I suggested some sort of sub-Forum for Acts where and when/

It was about 5 Years ago..... Things go slowly in Paradise, especially when Youve not got much time to explore

the Maybes

Who is hosting the Christmas Party this Year..??

Are We having one..........??

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

That sounds more like a Scouser..................:tiphat::tiphat::laugh:

honda
04-10-2014, 21:04
was in The Star Bar (San Eugenio) last Saturday night and the act -Tom Jones - was the best singer I have heard for ages. Well worth the taxi fare.

A lot of bars advertise their weekly acts on facebook now.

Angusjim
04-10-2014, 21:28
was in The Star Bar (San Eugenio) last Saturday night and the act -Tom Jones - was the best singer I have heard for ages. Well worth the taxi fare.

A lot of bars advertise their weekly acts on facebook now.
Never heard this guy but unfortunately Tom Jones music not for me. And whilst bars advertising on their Facebook thingy is great not much use unless you know the name of all the bars to look them up

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 22:01

It's a good job I've been watch Billy over the years .....and I only dribble when..:crazy:

Never heard this guy but unfortunately Tom Jones music not for me. And whilst bars advertising on their Facebook thingy is great not much use unless you know the name of all the bars to look them up

Yep all aboooot the Welsh :laugh:

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 22:21
It's a good job I've been watch Billy over the years .....and I only dribble when..:crazy:

Yep all aboooot the Welsh :laugh:

AngusJim hasn't a good word to say about the Welsh, he was once rejected by a sheep on the Gors Maen Llwyd Moors!

Malteser Monkey
04-10-2014, 22:31
AngusJim hasn't a good word to say about the Welsh, he was once rejected by a sheep on the Gors Maen Llwyd Moors!

:scared::cheeky:

Ahhh it was him, I heard ...no pun intended:laugh:

We're in for a bollo### being off topic:redcard:

Ecky Thump
04-10-2014, 22:36
:scared::cheeky:

Ahhh it was him, I heard ...no pun intended:laugh:

We're in for a bollo### being off topic:redcard:

The new act could be Angusjim on stage with a sheep!:lol:

Angusjim
05-10-2014, 07:54
I told you that in confidence:o

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2014, 10:04

Naa that's been done before DJ Jock - when he was down Veronicas, The Caledonian many moons ago, has the Whiskey Jar now Las Floritas - another bleedin' Scot:laugh:

Angusjim
05-10-2014, 10:11
Naa that's been done before DJ Jock - when he was down Veronicas, The Caledonian many moons ago, has the Whiskey Jar now Las Floritas - another bleedin' Scot:laugh:

Yes I know the Whiskey jar go there to see Seanocelt great night of fun top bloke is our Sean recommended for a good night although I think he only does a couple of nights there now I think he mainly does GDS

Malteser Monkey
05-10-2014, 10:17
Yes I know the Whiskey jar go there to see Seanocelt great night of fun top bloke is our Sean recommended for a good night although I think he only does a couple of nights there now I think he mainly does GDS

ahh Sean - yes I have been in contact with him on here. That's good to know should I ever manage to fly again - keep thinking it's about time OH did a Mr T on me.

I knew Jock well in my days there and Scottie if he's still around he used to be based in the Patch Flanagans

Angusjim
30-12-2014, 08:11
So to revive this thread any new acts to look out for mt visit next week

Angusjim
31-12-2014, 09:27

I will be in the Jar on Saturday night to see Sean if anyone wants to buy me a pint :whistle::cheeky:

TOTO 99
31-12-2014, 09:40
I will be in the Jar on Saturday night to see Sean if anyone wants to buy me a pint :whistle::cheeky:

...........................:laugh:

Ecky Thump
31-12-2014, 10:24
Angusjim ......at the moment Carol is not working at the Star Hotel and is available for a few dates, subject to a satisfactory fee and expenses. .:cheeky:

kingbaker
31-12-2014, 11:10
melm and macdonald5 do a mean pole dance I'm told. Apply loadsa cava liberally.:p:p

Angusjim
31-12-2014, 12:18
Angusjim ......at the moment Carol is not working at the Star Hotel and is available for a few dates, subject to a satisfactory fee and expenses. .:cheeky:

Sorry to say Ecky but Carol is past her best you need to break it to her gently:laugh:

Ecky Thump
31-12-2014, 12:44
Sorry to say Ecky but Carol is past her best you need to break it to her gently:laugh:

I'll leave that one to you Jim, as I was not intending to go to the A&E unit at Inverclyde Hospital!:twak:

macdonald5
31-12-2014, 14:39
melm and macdonald5 do a mean pole dance I'm told. Apply loadsa cava liberally.:p:p

You could nae afford us !!!
Same old acts here, you either love or give them a miss xx

Malteser Monkey
31-12-2014, 16:14

Say Hi to Sean from MM pls

You'll have to report back if you do find any new acts

seanocelt
31-12-2014, 17:30
NEW acts i know of. The Tom Jones guy, is David Salmon, from Edinburgh. He does Tom as tribute, but can do anything, real pro. I hear there is now a Olly Murs (i know!) tribute, good reports. And a girl with personality and good voice called Lisa Bridge. Happy hunting and Happy New Year to all forum members.

Angusjim
10-01-2015, 14:31
Went to the First & Last saw a new act R and B well they were new to us:crazy: they were to say the least crap, the First & Last was dead never seen it so quiet

jwilliams
18-06-2015, 14:35
The Tenerife Commitments are a must and also The Tenerife Jersey Boys, both extremeley talented acts

EricN
18-06-2015, 17:12
I like live music with my pint, where would I find these acts.

Thanks

jwilliams
18-06-2015, 17:31
If you have facebook look on The tenerife jersey boys or the tenerife commitments and there will be a list of venues

Angusjim
25-10-2015, 11:48
So are there any good new acts anyone has seen around Los Cristianos recently:tiphat:

If you have facebook look on The tenerife jersey boys or the tenerife commitments and there will be a list of venues

Any idea if they are playing anywhere in Los Cristianos I dinnae dae Facebook very well:tiphat:

seanocelt
25-10-2015, 15:53
Jersey Boys do Thistle and Dragon Los Cris think its a Tuesday, some acts are over from Majorca for winter, from what ive seen i hope they go right back, must be doing it cheap utter childish crap.

Angusjim
25-10-2015, 16:06
Jersey Boys do Thistle and Dragon Los Cris think its a Tuesday, some acts are over from Majorca for winter, from what ive seen i hope they go right back, must be doing it cheap utter childish crap.

Cheers for that Sean will come down Saturday to see you at the Jar maybe leave the car at hame we could hae a few swallies
Jim

seanocelt
25-10-2015, 22:55
aye i just drink at one gig and thats the one!!

Angusjim
06-11-2015, 13:35

Went to see Jersey Boys very good would recommend to any one who likes music of that era, we were sitting next to their driver Roy he had to get then to their next gig at the First & Last for a 11.00pm start only issue was it was 11.10pm and they were not ready to go.:laugh:

Cheers for that Sean will come down Saturday to see you at the Jar maybe leave the car at hame we could hae a few swallies
Jim

Sean could not make Saturday but we decided to come down to Irish Rover for your Sunday gig but I thought you said from 2.00pm, but guy said you did not start till 9.00pm??? I left you a Guinness behind which I hope you enjoyed hopefully see you next trip

seanocelt
06-11-2015, 14:16
they said a guy Jim was in.......gig is 6pm start. Jar was crazy busy Saturday pal no seats or even room to get upstairs after 9.30, hope yo had good hol

golazzo
30-12-2015, 21:50
Who's the new guy ( comedian) Lester Crabtree I think

Angusjim
30-12-2015, 22:03
they said a guy Jim was in.......gig is 6pm start. Jar was crazy busy Saturday pal no seats or even room to get upstairs after 9.30, hope yo had good hol

Sean are you at the Rover this Sunday ?

seanocelt
31-12-2015, 15:10
yes Jim 6-8 pal

Malteser Monkey
31-12-2015, 15:30
yes Jim 6-8 pal

Ohhh you could have got out of it if you tried harder Sean:whistle::D

Angusjim
06-01-2016, 09:19
The Tenerife Commitments are a must and also The Tenerife Jersey Boys, both extremeley talented acts

Not sure if the Soul Commitments we saw in Amandas is the same as noted above if they are not then I apologise in advance. Sax player is excelent and the singer who if from Edinburgh has great voice but all in all a pretty ordinary act. The swearing during the act brings nothing to the performance and his "banter" betwen songs which mainly consisted of reminding people who were going to the toilet to wash their hands and then asking them when they come out if they had done so, on one occasion he actualy went chasing after someone to there table to question them further it was truly cringeworthy. I would not rush back to see them

Malteser Monkey
06-01-2016, 11:31
Not sure if the Soul Commitments we saw in Amandas is the same as noted above if they are not then I apologise in advance. Sax player is excelent and the singer who if from Edinburgh has great voice but all in all a pretty ordinary act. The swearing during the act brings nothing to the performance and his "banter" betwen songs which mainly consisted of reminding people who were going to the toilet to wash their hands and then asking them when they come out if they had done so, on one occasion he actualy went chasing after someone to there table to question them further it was truly cringeworthy. I would not rush back to see them

Sounds horrific AJ:tiphat:

Angusjim
22-04-2017, 07:32
Any new acts doing the rounds to look out for, especially in Costa Adeje area