PDA

View Full Version : Free Spanish and culture lessons

SamHenderson
06-10-2014, 10:01
Hi everyone!

As some of you know, BLA-Tenerife started a group of "English-Spanish" conversation exchange last year which proved to be very successful and was even replicated in other places such as Los Abrigos with the help of our good friend Ruth from The San Blas Arts and Wellbeing Centre.

This year we're taking our mission to get the English and the Spanish communities together one step further by launching "Bla-Weekends!" (bla-weekends.com) This new idea will bring people interested in learning English from all over the island to a hotel in Arona just to speak English with people like you. This way they don’t have to go abroad to improve their English and they save on flight tickets and other expenses although we encourage them to go to the UK of course! ;)

We are looking for volunteers to come to this quaint rural hotel and join us for a day of fun, good food and a laugh. The best part of it is that you get free authentic food and a free Spanish course just for volunteering for a few hours at this event.

We are offering free Spanish lessons at our school in El Médano to everyone willing to take part in this innovative idea. Yes, that's right! 100% free language and culture lessons in exchange for your kindness and willingness to be part of this event. All you have to do is getting in touch with us ASAP as placements are limited and the date is near. This is what you get:

- Free quality food and a complimentary drink
- The possibility to learn Spanish for free at our brand new school in the South of Tenerife (for all your time spent at the hotel you will get the equivalent in a Spanish course at one of the best language schools to learn Spanish in the whole of Tenerife)
- 50% discount on best-selling online Spanish courses “Coffee Break Spanish"
- Free transfer to hotel in Arona town (from the main bus station in Los Cristianos)

Choose between the dates and times:

October 18,19, 20
November 21, 22, 23

Friday - From 17:00 to 23:30 (6,5 hours + evening snack and dinner)
Saturday - 9:00 to 16:00 (7 hours + breakfast and lunch)
Saturdday- 17:00-23:30 (6,5 hours + evening snack and dinner)
Sunday - 9:00-16:00 (7 hours + breakfast and lunch)

All meals will be homemade and include seasonal vegetables and mediterranean cuisine including meat or fish. A typical example would be: continental breakfast + seafood/chicken paella (dietary requests will be attended to)

Please email us with the following details and we will get in touch with you shortly!!

Your name:
Your phone number: (preferably a Spanish mobile number)
Dates preferred:
Times:

We look forward to seeing you there! Thanks again for your cooperation,
Sam

PR4Photos
13-10-2014, 09:43
I would be interested in this. If you post up your email address I will send you my details

lynno52
13-10-2014, 10:09
I would be interested in this. If you post up your email address I will send you my details

If you Google BLA-Tenerife, you will get the website and are able to contact them directly

SamHenderson
13-10-2014, 10:25
Thanks Lynno52! I think it's part of the forum's policy that you can't provide business email addresses publicly. Any problems PR4Photos, please let me know.
Sam

Lissalyon
08-11-2015, 11:19
I'm starting to learn Spanish ( again). I making the most of my time here till Wednesday then I'm back in march. If anyone knows of any classes in PDlA or Los cris that we can pop into I'd be up for it.

SamHenderson
09-11-2015, 10:04
I'm starting to learn Spanish ( again). I making the most of my time here till Wednesday then I'm back in march. If anyone knows of any classes in PDlA or Los cris that we can pop into I'd be up for it.

Hi Lissalyon, our language school, Bla Tenerife is in El Médano if you have transport to get you here. We do private classes, intensive courses and long-term courses if you are interested. Google us if you have the chance. If it's too far, I think there are a few other schools in Los Cristianos. Enjoy your holiday!

Richj
04-01-2016, 09:43
Hi Sam, could you help my wife and i to learn Spanish during our four week trip in March. We are doing the basics and I have been learning spanish via apps etc. We are local to El medano so will be able to attend classes. Hope you will be able to help regards, Richard.

SamHenderson
04-01-2016, 11:49
Hi Richard, Thanks for your message. Yes, of course we can help. We have regular intensive courses (15 hours a week) or you could attend one of our progressive courses for a month which are 2 or 3 hours a week. We have a level test which we can send you to check which level would be best for you as well. To reserve your spots in the group, please contact the school directly by email info@bla-languages.com or fill in our contact form on the website of Bla Tenerife. I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you both in March! Kind regards, Sam

Richj
04-01-2016, 12:05
Hi Sam, I have just looked at the website. It is exactly what we need . I will check with my wife what type of course would suit us . We will then contact you to make a reservation. We are over for the full month and would probably take the long course. We are beginners so need to get the basics done . I will contact you in the middle of February with more info. Regards Richard.