PDA

View Full Version : Health When are the flu injections available for 2014 in Tenerife?

Snowdrop
06-10-2014, 16:57
Has anyone any idea as to when the flu injections will be made available in the doctors surgeries this year. Usually heard something by now. ??????

Ecky Thump
06-10-2014, 17:00
If you mean Tenerife, then I am clueless, but here in Scotland they are now offering this at the Doctors, health clinics and some chemists.

primrose
06-10-2014, 17:01
Has anyone any idea as to when the flu injections will be made available in the doctors surgeries this year. Usually heard something by now. ??????

I have a Doctors appointment on Wednesday if you don't find out before then I will ask about them.

kingbaker
06-10-2014, 17:08
I got mine a week ago. ;)

Snowdrop
06-10-2014, 19:18
Thanks I take it you are referring to Tenerife. I will have to go down and ask the local enfermero, last year we had to ring 012 and book an appt. :thanx:

primrose
06-10-2014, 19:22
Thanks I take it you are referring to Tenerife. I will have to go down and ask the local enfermero, last year we had to ring 012 and book an appt. :thanx:

Yes Tenefife...

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

On a site we aren't allowed to mention it says to call the Doctor after the 15th of October to make an appointment.

essexeddie
07-10-2014, 21:27
Never had one and never will. Most people that I know that have had them always seem to get colds.
I cant remember the last time I had a cold. Mind you I do spend four months of the winter in Tenerife :)

primrose
07-10-2014, 21:29
Never had one and never will. Most people that I know that have had them always seem to get colds.
I cant remember the last time I had a cold. Mind you I do spend four months of the winter in Tenerife :)

I have one every year, I also can't remember the last time I had a cold, but Flu is nothing like a cold.

marbro8
07-10-2014, 21:32
I cant remember the last time I had a cold. Mind you I do spend four months of the winter in Tenerife :)even though we only spend about 4 weeks in tenerife:o and 50 weeks in the uk i don't think we will have the flu jab either,we have only heard bad reports,i think i can cope with a bad cold:laugh: having said that i have had flue once and i spent about 4 days in bed:o

primrose
07-10-2014, 21:41
even though we only spend about 4 weeks in tenerife:o and 50 weeks in the uk i don't think we will have the flu jab either,we have only heard bad reports,i think i can cope with a bad cold:laugh: having said that i have had flue once and i spent about 4 days in bed:o

I don't understand why people think a Flu Jab will stop you getting a bad cold.A cold and Flu are two entirely different things.I knew somebody that died with Flu at 49, so yes I will have one never even had a sore arm after having it which can happen, it can ache for a couple of days after. My OH will also have a Jab for Pneumonia as he has had that when he was younger.

essexeddie
07-10-2014, 21:45
I've heard its all the old bird flue serum that they are getting rid of.
My body is my temple and not to be abused :)

Ecky Thump
07-10-2014, 21:46
I don't understand why people think a Flu Jab will stop you getting a bad cold.A cold and Flu are two entirely different things.I knew somebody that died with Flu at 49, so yes I will have one never even had a sore arm after having it which can happen, it can ache for a couple of days after. My OH will also have a Jab for Pneumonia as he has had that when he was younger.

I also get the flu jab every year and for the first time this year I'm getting the pneumonia injection.

Is there a Jag for Nagging Wife Syndrome ?

primrose
07-10-2014, 21:47
I also get the flu jab every year and for the first time this year I'm getting the pneumonia injection.

Is there a Jag for Nagging Wife Syndrome ?

Ecky are you buying Carol a Jag.

Ecky Thump
07-10-2014, 21:52
Ecky are you buying Carol a Jag.

When I told her that I was going for a flu jag on Thursday, she said "Make sure it's the one that's for Swine" I don't know what she meant.???

primrose
07-10-2014, 21:54
When I told her that I was going for a flu jag on Thursday, she said "Make sure it's the one that's for Swine" I don't know what she meant.???

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Love it.

kingbaker
08-10-2014, 00:54
I think the pneumonia part lasts for 5 years. ;)

Ecky Thump
08-10-2014, 01:12
I think the pneumonia part lasts for 5 years. ;)

This is the information that NHS Scotland have sent me.....

You can also get a free vaccination against pneumococcal disease which can be serious, and cause pneumonia and meningitis. Unlike the flu vaccine, most people only ever need one dose of the pneumococcal vaccine.

Susief23
08-10-2014, 05:43
At our GP in the UK, we are also offering over 75's the shingles vac.
Children 2, 3 & 4 also being offered flu nasal spray.

Tshirt
08-10-2014, 14:38
I've been having the flu jab for the last 5 years without any problem and it's over 5 years since I've had the flu. I've also had the pneumonia and the shingles jabs. Now if only there was one for arthritis

lynno52
08-10-2014, 14:53
I have just got back from the doctors after having my flu jab. Pain-free and definitely worth having!

warbey
08-10-2014, 19:52
I had a bad dose of Flu in My late Teens.
I was ill for three Weeks and took a few Months to get back to normal.

Older People especially tend to develope Pnuemonia when ill and Shingles is horrible.

A prick in the Arm every so often is a No Brainer to Me...........

essexeddie
08-10-2014, 20:40
A what in the arm?

Ecky Thump
08-10-2014, 21:37
A what in the arm?

That's what the nurse said to me!:devil2:

Lissalyon
07-11-2014, 22:25
Me neither and I don't spend 4 months of the year in Tenerife, sadly.

I don't believe in them.

primrose
08-11-2014, 00:05
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11587151.Award_to_remember_tragic_Accrington_schoo lgirl_s_life/

I think everybody that says they are not having the Flu Jab should read this.

princessmonika
08-11-2014, 03:33
there are only 52 weeks in one year me thinks marbro8 --yes i get a flue jab every year only get a sniffel now and then

essexeddie
08-11-2014, 19:07
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11587151.Award_to_remember_tragic_Accrington_schoo lgirl_s_life/

I think everybody that says they are not having the Flu Jab should read this.

And many more people die from car crashes so you don't ride in a car? The list goes on.
There are always statistics, its a matter of choice. I just don't believe in pumping too much cr*p into my body every year.