PDA

View Full Version : Is the Wigan Arms open?

dekingio
16-10-2014, 18:07
I beleive the Wigan arms/pier was shut in august does anybody know why? And has it or when is it reopening?

macdonald5
16-10-2014, 18:20
I beleive the Wigan arms/pier was shut in august does anybody know why? And has it or when is it reopening?

Don't know about August closure but sure it was open when we passed last week

Steve 1968
17-10-2014, 13:25
If it's the one near Playa Olid in Torviscas then, as quoted above, it was well and truly open when I was there last week.

Ecky Thump
17-10-2014, 13:46
I've just read the reviews on Trip Adviser and it looks like the very place to treat Angusjim toto & martincrabb99 to a drink and a meal next week, as it says that most of the clientele wear Union Jack shorts, String vests and a hanky on their heads.;)

Tshirt
17-10-2014, 13:48
Which one are we talking about?

Wigan Pier is near Playa Olid and The Pub

Wigan Arms is on the Sunset Bay complex.

Don't forget the Wigan Arms used to be the Wigan Pier ???

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I've just read the reviews on Trip Adviser and it looks like the very place to treat Angusjim toto & [MENTION=1945]martincrabb99 to a drink and a meal next week, as it says that most of the clientele wear Union Jack shorts, String vests and a hanky on their heads.;)

I would never wear a string vest with my union flag shorts, it would cover up my tattoos :whistle:

macdonald5
17-10-2014, 13:52
I've just read the reviews on Trip Adviser and it looks like the very place to treat Angusjim toto & martincrabb99 to a drink and a meal next week, as it says that most of the clientele wear Union Jack shorts, String vests and a hanky on their heads.;)

And white socks with their sandals !! xx

Ecky Thump
17-10-2014, 13:53
Which one are we talking about?

Wigan Pier is near Playa Olid and The Pub

Wigan Arms is on the Sunset Bay complex.

Don't forget the Wigan Arms used to be the Wigan Pier ???

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I would never wear a string vest with my union flag shorts, it would cover up my tattoos :whistle:

My post is about the Wigan Arms by/on Sunset Bay complex......I think!???

Tshirt
17-10-2014, 13:59
My post is about the Wigan Arms by/on Sunset Bay complex......I think!???

The Wigan Arms has free WiFi, I use it all the time when I'm sat in Micky O'Malleys. :whistle:

Simon-M
17-10-2014, 14:32
Isnīt there a Wigan something or other in Starco too?

dekingio
17-10-2014, 15:56
Its the one near starcos I was referring to, now the wigan arms but formerly the wigan pier, it was shut in early September for some reason(not August as I stated previously) just to be clear the one that crystal starr owns/hosts at, just wondering if it had shut for good or just a temporary thing? p.s they do a cracking full English

Ecky Thump
17-10-2014, 16:33
There's a picture here of the Wigan Arms,....it might help with the confusion!;)

Men waiting outside the Wigan Arms to open!

www.prints-online.com/en/men...the-wigan-arms-wigan.../1624453.html
Three men stand and two sit patiently outside the Wigan Arms, waiting for the pub to open.

martincrabb99
17-10-2014, 16:39
There's a picture here of the Wigan Arms,....it might help with the confusion!;)

Men waiting outside the Wigan Arms
www.prints-online.com/en/men...the-wigan-arms-wigan.../1624453.html
Three men stand and two sit patiently outside the Wigan Arms, waiting for the pub to open.

I think we could create a reenactment of that scene in our summer attire as suggested by your good self [emoji6]

dekingio
17-10-2014, 16:41
Thats the one but its had a slight makeover since then!!!

Ecky Thump
17-10-2014, 16:42
I think we could create a reenactment of that scene in our summer attire as suggested by your good self [emoji6]

Four of the customers have got hats on and one of the women has her head covered, I'm not sure if it's for protection from the sun!:whistle:

tonypub
17-10-2014, 20:06
wigan arms,starco-closed. wigan arms,sunset bay -open.wigan pier,torviscas -open

dekingio
17-10-2014, 20:47
Thanks for the last post tony, but do you know when and why the one at starcos is shut and whether it will be opening again?

Angusjim
18-10-2014, 07:26

I have made my feelings known previously about this place but if its free drink and grub well different thing all together:laugh:

dekingio
28-10-2014, 16:42
Hi tony dya know why the wigan arms closed? And his jimmy the fish(from yorkshire haha) still at your place? If so will see you in December...one of the bolton lads(but with wife this time!)