PDA

View Full Version : Eating out in Los Gigantes area?

cjd01
23-06-2011, 16:15
My favourite Chinese has been shut 2 years now near Vigila Park (hope that's the correct spelling), can anyone recommend anywhere FAB to eat? We did once go to the restaurant on the side of the beach - has that re-opened? Thanks everyone - soon be there!

SuzyQ
23-06-2011, 17:25
You need to go to the Harbour Club, without a doubt one of the busiest and best restaurants in the area. They get everything right, lovely food at the right price, good location and views. Oh, and the entertainment is pretty good too ;)

Goforgold
23-06-2011, 17:34
You need to go to the Harbour Club, without a doubt one of the busiest and best restaurants in the area. They get everything right, lovely food at the right price, good location and views. Oh, and the entertainment is pretty good too ;)

We'll come along and sample the delights when we're over next ! :)

dokgolf
23-06-2011, 19:09
El Timon or if you arlooking for fabulous Canarian/international food try "Casa Pedro". Its on the main road as you walk from P. Santiago to Playa de La Arena ( where the street narrows and has a couple of sharp bends just before you go down the hill into Pdl Arena. If you want a great T-bone, Varadero II, opposite the hotel Barcelo Santiago. It doesn't look like much, but the steak is excellent. (The other food is average). In Los Gigantes, I would recommend Mirandas ( if you come out the front gate of the hotel Stil Los Gigantes, turn right and its across the road about 100yards. Imo, Casa Pedro was the best, but each to one's own. If all fails, go into "Sangria" and get a cold pint from Rafael. At least then you will feel better!:)

Zara
23-06-2011, 19:28

The Harbour Club is one of my favourites too and as said the entertainment is fab. I particularly enjoy Jamie Rourke and there is a woman there who is pretty OK too :crylaughing: http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/the-wine-bar-at-the-harbour-club-los-gigantes/

Playa Arena has got to be Flor del Drago IMO the best of the best http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/flor-del-drago-foodie-paradise-in-tenerife/

Cheap and cheerful Chicken Shack in Puerto Santiago

MarionEd
23-06-2011, 19:33
The italian restaurant a few door before the chicken shack is very good too

delderek
23-06-2011, 19:39
I personally think if you eat in Los Gig, especially down near the marina, you need to wear a mask, the car fumes are overpowering,,,why do they not turn it into a pedestrian area??. could be such a nice area, but all you get is a view of parked cars, many of them overhanging the pavement.

julia44
24-06-2011, 05:22
I like CKs bistro down the little walkway from the main road by the Hotel Los Gigantes to the Plaza always had a nice meal and the staff are very nice.

cjd01
24-06-2011, 09:15
Thank everyone - I really appreciate you taking the time to answer :)

julieann1069
05-07-2011, 13:50
Hi

If you want a fab chinese then go the the golden chopsticks - in playa de la arena, on the main road in arena.

Chinese Restaurant Palillos de Oro
Avenida Maritima
Playa Arena

they do fabulous banquets.... and the food is amazing....

Might see u there... we fly out on saturday, 9th.... for 2 weeks...

garlicbread
05-07-2011, 13:55
Most of us residents eat Chinese at Chinatown II opposite the Plaza in Santiago, can't be beaten