PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Dungeon thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

onelegnofeet
16-07-2011, 17:01
LOL,just noticed that !!! maybe now Rose or her husband "Jessica "!!! might get a job .But without a car as said i dont hold much hope ,they do different hotels in different areas each and everyday ,plus they have boxes and boxes of supplies to take with them .If they dont have the things with them its either a trip back or the loss of sales ,pay is on a percentage bonus .Ask MaxC its not an easy job in the current climate

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 17:43
LOL,just noticed that !!! maybe now Rose or her husband "Jessica "!!! might get a job .But without a car as said i dont hold much hope ,they do different hotels in different areas each and everyday ,plus they have boxes and boxes of supplies to take with them .If they dont have the things with them its either a trip back or the loss of sales ,pay is on a percentage bonus .Ask MaxC its not an easy job in the current climate

I'm being a bit disruptive lately!!! Don't know what's got in to me!! :)

warbey
16-07-2011, 19:43
I'm being a bit disruptive lately!!! Don't know what's got in to me!! :)

EH.???????

Nice to see You Both here.
Its been lonely. Sue and Monkey finished the Red and Dissappeared.
The place is going to rack and ruin cos Cainaries hasnt brushed up
and Zara forgot the Cake.
IMPY got married and changed her name and T@other Sue has a Birthday Today. V.M.H.R.

Are You Lurking Slodgey. Prime Location here Mike.!!!

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 19:58
Evening Warbs :)

I was a bit cheeky on a post that's all. :)

warbey
16-07-2011, 20:42
This is the Ideal Place too Hun, or it would be if We got back to how We were,
all playing happily together..

cainaries
16-07-2011, 21:05
Hey guys .. is this all you guys down here ...? I would put loads of question marks but they get translated into 'confused' and I'm not confused just seriously boozed! I've been on the cider and the wine, one after the other, together ,, aagh , who knows. Had a lovely lunch with some friends who are debating (sob) moving back from here to Tenerife. Or as we call it here as a kind of joke ... TeneriFAY. We always call it Tenereef but friends who have lived there always called it TenereefAY. Why? Shall I pour you all a large glass? Cheers!

Goforgold
16-07-2011, 21:22
Hey guys .. is this all you guys down here ...? I would put loads of question marks but they get translated into 'confused' and I'm not confused just seriously boozed! I've been on the cider and the wine, one after the other, together ,, aagh , who knows. Had a lovely lunch with some friends who are debating (sob) moving back from here to Tenerife. Or as we call it here as a kind of joke ... TeneriFAY. We always call it Tenereef but friends who have lived there always called it TenereefAY. Why? Shall I pour you all a large glass? Cheers!

Hello CainA :) Cider and wine, I like the sound of that :) I know what you mean about the question marks, I've only just got used to not using them as questionmarks!!!!

Another one of your 'expressions' then :) - one of these days we will have to compare notes!!! I have a great one from when I lived in Tenerife and met this chap on our first night there who couldn't find work and was going home - can't put it on here because it needs asterisks in parts!!

I could do with a glass but only like Foster's with Cheese & Onion McCoy crisps :) Never found anything else I like!! :( I can manage slugs in cappos though - just got one here with me - must be my fourth today!!

Well, I'm off to bed to listen to the radio at 10.00 - can't miss Nick Abott!! :)

Nite CainA. :)

cainaries
16-07-2011, 21:27
Hello CainA :) Cider and wine, I like the sound of that :) I know what you mean about the question marks, I've only just got used to not using them as questionmarks!!!!

Another one of your 'expressions' then :) - one of these days we will have to compare notes!!! I have a great one from when I lived in Tenerife and met this chap on our first night there who couldn't find work and was going home - can't put it on here because it needs asterisks in parts!!

I could do with a glass but only like Foster's with Cheese & Onion McCoy crisps :) Never found anything else I like!! :( I can manage slugs in cappos though - just got one here with me - must be my fourth today!!

Well, I'm off to bed to listen to the radio at 10.00 - can't miss Nick Abott!! :)

Nite CainA. :)
Night, GFG. Sleep well. I'm getting a bit of a headache. no surprise there. I shall have to check and see if we can get (a) Fosters or b) McCoy crisps here and I'm already pretty sure the answer will be 'no'. Looking forward to the asterisk saying ... perhaps you can send it by pm? Woops, almost put lots of question marks there. Any chance Tropical and Doritos will do the trick?

onelegnofeet
16-07-2011, 21:27
can't miss Nick Abott!! :)

:)

Same here only we call it .........Muck About !!!Cheeky :crazy:

cainaries
16-07-2011, 21:31
Same here only we call it .........Muck About !!!Cheeky :crazy:
A bott in our house is not what you might expect ... we are just too lazy to add 'le' ... coming from the sarf, the word should be 'bockul' in any case. Just 'bock' is clear enough and could someone please pass another one? Thanks.

warbey
17-07-2011, 19:32
Not too fond of Cider but along with Red may be worth aHeadache.
I suggest the Crisps will be next to the Pan in Mercado, just past the Leche. Fresco.

I may have a couple of Carlings later.
I have an unopened bottle of Ouzo here if Anyone fancies some..?

Goforgold
17-07-2011, 20:33
Night, GFG. Sleep well. I'm getting a bit of a headache. no surprise there. I shall have to check and see if we can get (a) Fosters or b) McCoy crisps here and I'm already pretty sure the answer will be 'no'. Looking forward to the asterisk saying ... perhaps you can send it by pm? Woops, almost put lots of question marks there. Any chance Tropical and Doritos will do the trick?

Don't worry about the McCoy's - Tropical & Doritos will do nicely and we won't mind sharing the pool either!! ;)

Added after 2 minutes:

Not too fond of Cider but along with Red may be worth aHeadache.
I suggest the Crisps will be next to the Pan in Mercado, just past the Leche. Fresco.

I may have a couple of Carlings later.
I have an unopened bottle of Ouzo here if Anyone fancies some..?

I don't like Carling, Warbs - had to leave a whole pint once, untouched!!!

Off to take the dog out!! :) :)

warbey
17-07-2011, 20:39
Don't worry about the McCoy's - Tropical & Doritos will do nicely and we won't mind sharing the pool either!! ;)

Added after 2 minutes:

I don't like Carling, Warbs - had to leave a whole pint once, untouched!!!

Off to take the dog out!! :) :)

I wouldnt. Its tippling down here.

Fosters it is then?

Goforgold
17-07-2011, 20:57
I wouldnt. Its tippling down here.

Fosters it is then?

Just looked out of the window and it's spitting here. She did have a long run this morning so may be not!!! :)

After eating 8 Krispy Kremes and a curry last night, I'm trying to cut back on the calories, so the Foster's will have to go on hold for a while!! :)

I am slow!!! Just got it!! Tippling!!! Sorry Warbs!! :)

cainaries
17-07-2011, 21:52
Clearly cider and wine are a very bad mix. Have been feeling quite 'orrible all day. Just reading about 8 Krispy Kremes and a curry ... please tell me you didn't eat them together ... oh, I think I'll have to go back to lie down on the sofa.

Goforgold
17-07-2011, 21:56
Clearly cider and wine are a very bad mix. Have been feeling quite 'orrible all day. Just reading about 8 Krispy Kremes and a curry ... please tell me you didn't eat them together ... oh, I think I'll have to go back to lie down on the sofa.

No!! 6 in one sitting, 2 when home and curry an hour later!! :)

So what is the breaking news? :)

You can't see who's possibly looking at the thread, so don't know if you're still there or gone for a lie down!! :)

Added after 3 minutes:

I say possibly because it used to show you as still looking at something when you'd gone!! :crazy:

Nite Cainairies - I'm just going to watch the news and see what it was, not had the tv on today.

cainaries
17-07-2011, 22:16
No!! 6 in one sitting, 2 when home and curry an hour later!! :)

So what is the breaking news? :)

You can't see who's possibly looking at the thread, so don't know if you're still there or gone for a lie down!! :)

Added after 3 minutes:

I say possibly because it used to show you as still looking at something when you'd gone!! :crazy:

Nite Cainairies - I'm just going to watch the news and see what it was, not had the tv on today.
Nite everyone. Lots of scandal on the news tonight so I'll follow that and catch up with the Forum scandal tomorrow.

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2011, 22:37
Gordon Bennett what's going on down here Cainaries has turned into Max!!! and me a pee head (is that ok mods)

Me n Sue J turn our heads for a mo and all hell lets loose!

I know it would be nice to see who's lurking so you can take the mick ! BRING BACK MY CHEEKY SMILEY and WHO'S LURKING !!

Warbs Ta hun xx

Where's Ben and IPM have they enveloped !!@??? with our duvets ?

howard thornton
17-07-2011, 22:41
Gordon Bennett what's going on down here Cainaries has turned into Max!!! and me a pee head (is that ok mods)

Me n Sue J turn our heads for a mo and all hell lets loose!

I know it would be nice to see who's lurking so you can take the mick ! BRING BACK MY CHEEKY SMILEY and WHO'S LURKING !!

Warbs Ta hun xx

Where's Ben and IPM have they enveloped !!@??? with our duvets ?

hi monkey,any trolls down there.

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2011, 22:55
don't think so HT how's it going with you 2 ?

howard thornton
17-07-2011, 22:59
don't think so HT how's it going with you 2 ?

not to bad thanks, and you?i text ben,he is busy working day and night,:crazy:

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2011, 23:03
not to bad thanks, and you?i text ben,he is busy working day and night,:crazy:

So IPM redundant at mo then. LOL

Been on troll thread and Jims - same beep different day eh ?

howard thornton
17-07-2011, 23:06
So IPM redundant at mo then. LOL

Been on troll thread and Jims - same beep different day eh ?

yep, same beep ,that's for sure,only the depth varies. lol

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2011, 23:13
yep, same beep ,that's for sure,only the depth varies. lol

Can't be bottomed getting into that mate...........well nighty nite don't let the bed trolls bite ? Nite D !!!!

MaxineC
19-07-2011, 12:21
Howdy all.... have you missed me?? :D

Malteser Monkey
19-07-2011, 12:24
who said that ?

ahhh it's the birthday girl !

MaxineC
19-07-2011, 12:57
That reminds me, I should be in a restaurant consuming food & alcohol! Catch you all later (providing I can still read/type!) :run:

Malteser Monkey
19-07-2011, 15:36
Blimey there are nearly as many Birthday threads as there are doggie threads :spin::)

howard thornton
19-07-2011, 15:41
Blimey there are nearly as many Birthday threads as there are doggie threads :spin::)

baby boomers from the 50s

Malteser Monkey
19-07-2011, 15:44

Max will love you HT !!!!

onelegnofeet
19-07-2011, 19:25

Yes but the birthday ones wont SH.. on you ,well unless its the woman in DaveRFs bank !!!!!

MaxineC
19-07-2011, 20:06

Oi, you cheeky son without father... :D

Yes but the birthday ones wont SH.. on you ,well unless its the woman in DaveRFs bank !!!!!

I wouldn't bank on that OL, not after what I've eaten & drank in the last 24 hours.... :eek: :whistle:

warbey
19-07-2011, 20:20
Oi, you cheeky son without father... :D

I wouldn't bank on that OL, not after what I've eaten & drank in the last 24 hours.... :eek: :whistle:
Owt to do with feeding the Five Thousand Hun..?

MaxineC
19-07-2011, 20:50
Owt to do with feeding the Five Thousand Hun..?

Suffice to say I hope I get it all out of my system before having to be in close contact, in the hot sun, with the poor unsuspecting tourist tomorrow... :eek: :D

warbey
19-07-2011, 20:59
Suffice to say I hope I get it all out of my system before having to be in close contact, in the hot sun, with the poor unsuspecting tourist tomorrow... :eek: :D

in close contact with a hot woman, so to speak.? (I;m an optimist)

reggie
19-07-2011, 21:05
in close contact with a hot woman, so to speak.? (I;m an optimist)

Stick with me warbs, I'm surrounded most days.

Malteser Monkey
19-07-2011, 23:03
So the dungeon is back ! Great where's everyone....?? have the duvet's been washed ....have we tomorrow's Sun ariiving for breakfast, and most of all after Max has drunk and eaten everyting in site is SueJ re stocking ?

I believe Ben is out of action for a while so WARBS you are stepping in on the refurb

MaxineC
19-07-2011, 23:35
I'm here, but not for much longer... all that food & drink has worn me out ;)

cainaries
20-07-2011, 16:56
So the dungeon is back ! Great where's everyone....?? have the duvet's been washed ....have we tomorrow's Sun ariiving for breakfast, and most of all after Max has drunk and eaten everyting in site is SueJ re stocking ?

I believe Ben is out of action for a while so WARBS you are stepping in on the refurb

Too hot for duvets, MM! Hope Suej is restocking as there seems to be a sneak thief about ... wonder if it's a troll ... Need to ramp up the security, Warbs!

MaxineC
21-07-2011, 17:50
Too hot for duvets, MM! Hope Suej is restocking as there seems to be a sneak thief about ... wonder if it's a troll ... Need to ramp up the security, Warbs!

I still have my duvet... it's snugglier than just a sheet! Is snugglier a word ???

I nicked all the food & drink, it was my birthday and I wanted a party... ;)

Suej
21-07-2011, 18:21

Max got in late and entertained her friends for a party! the lots gone Cainaries! surprising really as there was no Bolly champers for Max and she won´t drink the cheap rubbish we have! :eek::eyebrows:

MaxineC
21-07-2011, 18:26
Max got in late and entertained her friends for a party! the lots gone Cainaries! surprising really as there was no Bolly champers for Max and she won´t drink the cheap rubbish we have! :eek::eyebrows:

You're joking, I'll drink any old crap when the Bolly's gone.... :D

Suej
21-07-2011, 18:34
You're joking, I'll drink any old crap when the Bolly's gone.... :D

Eerrrr! Yes you did Max!:hit::lol: Can you cough up now so I can restock pleeeeease?

MaxineC
21-07-2011, 18:35
Eerrrr! Yes you did Max!:hit::lol: Can you cough up now so I can restock pleeeeease?

I coughed most of it up the next day.... ;) :D

Suej
21-07-2011, 18:41
Is that what you call it? Nah!:raspberry: think you just got a cold from drinking out of damp glasses! :lol:

cainaries
21-07-2011, 19:23
I still have my duvet... it's snugglier than just a sheet! Is snugglier a word ???

I nicked all the food & drink, it was my birthday and I wanted a party... ;)
Sob ... didn't get an invite to your party ... sob ....

Are you a character from AbFab drinking Stolly Bollys?

Suej - should we put some red to chill since it's summertime?

Suej
21-07-2011, 19:35

RED? CHILL? :eek::eek::eek:

warbey
21-07-2011, 19:49
I wrote about 12 lines and pressed enter to findI wasnt signed in.
I certainly was when I started.
Its enough to make You swear.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

cainaries
21-07-2011, 20:21
Honest! When Max has coughed up (yuk), and you've restocked, put a bottle or a box or whatever in the fridge for an hour or two before serving. Nice. But only in a warm climate, warbs and MM, don't you go trying this in Wales.

I wrote about 12 lines and pressed enter to findI wasnt signed in.
I certainly was when I started.
Its enough to make You swear.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Best thing to do, Warbs, is to find a large glass and fill it with your favourite tipple and then you won't care quite so much. I quite often find my masterpieces go to waste as well ... and those are the ones I've posted!

warbey
21-07-2011, 20:35
Honest! When Max has coughed up (yuk), and you've restocked, put a bottle or a box or whatever in the fridge for an hour or two before serving. Nice. But only in a warm climate, warbs and MM, don't you go trying this in Wales.

Best thing to do, Warbs, is to find a large glass and fill it with your favourite tipple and then you won't care quite so much. I quite often find my masterpieces go to waste as well ... and those are the ones I've posted!

I would then be in trouble with the Boss.....Now that's serious stuff I'd be in....ha..ha...

Ben and Impy are missing.. Count the Duvets.
Ive opened a new troll free Room.. Thats because its mine and security will be strict..
I'm looking for an Alligator to beef it up even more..

Malteser Monkey
21-07-2011, 20:43
Ben and Impy still missing oooo ??????

Yes put the red to chill can't stand it warm.

BTW fellows I have a broken toe ! on top of all my probs am now limping around again. A & E have strapped em up and am drinking my way through pain ! pain killers my derrier ! just top me up !

warbey
21-07-2011, 21:07

BTW fellows I have a broken toe ! on top of all my probs am now limping around again. A & E have strapped em up and am drinking my way through pain ! pain killers my derrier ! just top me up !

Another Large Red Hun.?

cainaries
21-07-2011, 22:25

Topping up, topping up! Open a new bottle/box, Warbs! Poor you, MM, how on earth did you do that. Kicking something in a rage? Or, like a friend, just falling over going into the Bank. (We did tease him about that one as he is the kind who has moths in his wallet).

Goforgold
21-07-2011, 22:34

The lengths you will go to - just for an excuse to overdose on alcohol!!! :)

Seriously though, so sorry to hear you have this on top of everything else - it's darned painful :(

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 15:45

You were all invited, but none of you turned up so I started without you... :raspberry2:

Yes, I'm Patsy Stone(d) :D

Chilled red wine in the summer is lovely....

cainaries
22-07-2011, 15:57
You were all invited, but none of you turned up so I started without you... :raspberry2:

Yes, I'm Patsy Stone(d) :D

Chilled red wine in the summer is lovely....
Might have to rechristen you Patsy ... and a christening is a good excuse for opening another bottle .... though not just yet as I'm off to the osteo and it wouldn't do to turn up there after a few vinos ...

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 16:01
Might have to rechristen you Patsy ... and a christening is a good excuse for opening another bottle .... though not just yet as I'm off to the osteo and it wouldn't do to turn up there after a few vinos ...

It was the name I used to get called on here some years ago. And one of my closest friends sons have always called me that, as it was what Sheila called me. When we tried to tell them years later I was called Maxine, they were having none of it, so Patsy has stuck! ;)

The vino will be awaiting you.... :drinking:

Zara
22-07-2011, 17:16

As long as nobody thinks it is spelt with a lower-case p - at least where Max is concerned. :eyebrows:

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 17:26
PATSY ...........wasnt that the P###head in AB FAB ??? over to you MaxC

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 17:30
As long as nobody thinks it is spelt with a lower-case p - at least where Max is concerned. :eyebrows:

:raspberry2: :raspberry2:

PATSY ...........wasnt that the P###head in AB FAB ??? over to you MaxC

It was indeed.... we are similar in too many ways to mention! :D

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 17:37

What you talk that posh ?? Like Miss Lumley WOW!!

Zara
22-07-2011, 17:38

Oy! I was being nice to you saying you were nobody's fool or pushover so :raspberry2: back. :)

with cheese
22-07-2011, 17:38
Hi OL come and speak with me sometime mate, you know me email and how to get hold of me.

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 17:50

Yes I do.... Just call me Posh Totty! :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Oy! I was being nice to you saying you were nobody's fool or pushover so :raspberry2: back. :)

I know, but I just felt the urge to pull my tongue out at you... :raspberry2: and there I go again! :D

Btw, nice to see you back Kev ;)

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 18:13
Hi OL come and speak with me sometime mate, you know me email and how to get hold of me.

not tonight Joesephine ,but i shall at some point tommorrow .Going out with some old employees shortly ....................

POSH TOTTY My A###!! only TOTTY
ING you do is on those Bloody Heels ....................TIMMMBBBERRR!!!!

cainaries
22-07-2011, 18:44
I didn't think anyone really spoke like that... you never can tell.

warbey
22-07-2011, 18:53
This chilled Red is lovely whatever the Season. Trouble is We need bigger Bottles......
We went to a Barbie some weeks ago and had a lovely Champagne, which I am not very fond of..
Saw it later on in Tesco. Its called MM and priced at 24.99. Expensive taste perhaps..?
Talking of Toes Monkey, When I was small We had a Earthenware Hot Water Bottle.
One Evening My Dad went to slaP Me as I was holding it. I dropped it and ran and it Landed on His Toe.
Luckily I kept goingUntil Outside before He could murder Me.
What made Him seeth was Everyone was Laughing. I stayed out of reach for well over an hour that Day...
A broken Toes is very sore though. I had one when about 15 playing Rugby..

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 19:12
I didn't think anyone really spoke like that... you never can tell.

I think I speak normally, however I'm constantly being told how posh I sound... ???

cainaries
22-07-2011, 21:47
I think I speak normally, however I'm constantly being told how posh I sound... ???
I expect the Queen says that, too!! Are you from the Home Counties, then, Max .. or should I say Patsy?

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 21:50
I expect the Queen says that, too!! Are you from the Home Counties, then, Max .. or should I say Patsy?

No, but I didn't live in the UK until I was 15, so never picked up an accent... You can be Eddy if you want :eyebrows: ;)

cainaries
22-07-2011, 21:54
No, but I didn't live in the UK until I was 15, so never picked up an accent... You can be Eddy if you want :eyebrows: ;)
I think I might be better being June Whitfield (can't remember the name of her character), dotty yet with a degree of sense unlike Eddy. And Eddy's dress sense and addiction to modern technology are just not me at all. But, if you're buying the bolly, I'll be almost whoever you like .... well, online and on a forum and not at all in the real world ....

And since I'm being Granny, I think I might retire for the night now and I trust Saffy will lock up the Dungeon nice and safe and no mad parties, Patsy dear, OK?

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 23:10
No energy for parties tonight, Cainaries, was at another one last night and I'm working tomorrow, so an early night for this granny too... ;)

Malteser Monkey
23-07-2011, 21:14
This chilled Red is lovely whatever the Season. Trouble is We need bigger Bottles......
We went to a Barbie some weeks ago and had a lovely Champagne, which I am not very fond of..
Saw it later on in Tesco. Its called MM and priced at 24.99. Expensive taste perhaps..?
Talking of Toes Monkey, When I was small We had a Earthenware Hot Water Bottle.
One Evening My Dad went to slaP Me as I was holding it. I dropped it and ran and it Landed on His Toe.
Luckily I kept goingUntil Outside before He could murder Me.
What made Him seeth was Everyone was Laughing. I stayed out of reach for well over an hour that Day...
A broken Toes is very sore though. I had one when about 15 playing Rugby..

Thanks Warbs - still hobbling foot black and purple.

went to a wedding last night was hobbling about but got through ok wasn't wearing my norm MAx C shoes!

No energy for parties tonight, Cainaries, was at another one last night and I'm working tomorrow, so an early night for this granny too... ;)

Talking of granny's OH is a very handsome I must add, grandfather of 7 now, she arrived about 3am this morning 6.1 lbs looking lovely from the text we received (they're not local) so put some more vino in the fridge time for celebrations.

Shame about Amy W. tho

cainaries
23-07-2011, 23:03
Thanks Warbs - still hobbling foot black and purple.

went to a wedding last night was hobbling about but got through ok wasn't wearing my norm MAx C shoes!

Talking of granny's OH is a very handsome I must add, grandfather of 7 now, she arrived about 3am this morning 6.1 lbs looking lovely from the text we received (they're not local) so put some more vino in the fridge time for celebrations.

Shame about Amy W. tho

Are you a step-granny MM? Congratulations to all your family! Good to have some good news on a sad night!

MaxineC
23-07-2011, 23:32
Congratulations to you all MM.... I wasn't going to drink tonight, but feel it only right I toast the new arrival! :whistle: ;)

slodgedad
24-07-2011, 01:06
I' m nto drinning tnite, hc. Haiving a nihgt off,,,:shark::rock::D:D

Cacthing up with housewrok...:washing:

MaxineC
24-07-2011, 01:16

In between your chores and drunkenness, will you please take your scrabble moves... :whistle:

slodgedad
24-07-2011, 01:18
I have. Waiting for you, your loveliness..

MaxineC
24-07-2011, 01:44
I have. Waiting for you, your loveliness..

Just scored 101 - Requirer on triple word... Sorry! :cheer: :D

Added after 6 minutes:

Just noticed the time, and have work tomorrow :eek: Night all, sweet dreams x

Malteser Monkey
24-07-2011, 11:44
Are you a step-granny MM? Congratulations to all your family! Good to have some good news on a sad night!

Yes so as to speak ! Thanks hun

Congratulations to you all MM.... I wasn't going to drink tonight, but feel it only right I toast the new arrival! :whistle: ;)

See Max I'm there when you need my help :spin::drinking:

Ok Slodgie you can make up for it tonight !!!

MaxineC
24-07-2011, 18:07
Thanks for giving me the excuse MM.... and for feeling crap at work today! ;)

cainaries
24-07-2011, 19:31
Thanks for giving me the excuse MM.... and for feeling crap at work today! ;)

Hair of the dog, Max?

Malteser Monkey
24-07-2011, 19:50
why you feeling crap max ? Hey sun shining here was it raining there ?

warbey
24-07-2011, 20:21
why you feeling crap max ? Hey sun shining here was it raining there ?

Lovely here too hun,
went to a Barbeque this Afternoon. Just like Tenerife. plenty Sol, gentle breeze.
Bangor City looking for a replacement Centre forward ?
Started My Day with two cans of carling.
from a Mercadona called Asda.....

Malteser Monkey
24-07-2011, 20:29
sounds better than mine Warbs, not in a bad way, had stuff to sort out - had a couple now after a family outing with Mum, Auntie and uncle (wow) that makes me sound young - if only ! had a lovely dinner been a nice day tho - just settling down now.

Hope u and urs are well x

warbey
24-07-2011, 20:35
We had the Barby with Daughter Son-in-law and four Kids
Hadnt seen them for three Days. twas a bit like the Forum crashing.
'
Take care x

MaxineC
24-07-2011, 21:55
Had thick cloud here since last Monday, but still very hot. Spent the last few days getting crap off tourists about the weather... as if I have the power to change it!! ??? Goons :rollseyes:

Not sure why I felt so rotten though, thought I was going to faint at one stage. Keep feeling light-headed and generally unwell :( Hopefully it's just been one of those days, and tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2011, 09:42
How's you today Max any better ?

onelegnofeet
25-07-2011, 10:47
Had thick cloud here since last Monday, but still very hot. Spent the last few days getting crap off tourists about the weather... as if I have the power to change it!! ??? Goons :rollseyes:

TUT! and theres me thinking your a Goddess ,with wonderous powers !!!

Last years whilst waiting to see the Rep at our hotel .A woman was having a right go at the Rep because .....ZARAS didnt have her size in a dress she wanted !!! Same woman next day again complaining .....why did Thompsons not tell her there were FISH in the sea and she wouldnt be going in again !!!
Best is yet to come .....she happened to be on the same dolphin spotting trip ,and with a tear in her eye as we started to set off and they followed as they do ,asked one of the crew "Where do you keep them at night ??......and you wonder why Jimbo posts the way he does .

Hope you better today MC ......

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2011, 10:51
The best question from tourists (being an ex worker) was "so you actually live here do you ??" Always answer with no I commute everyday !

benward
25-07-2011, 20:12
I would then be in trouble with the Boss.....Now that's serious stuff I'd be in....ha..ha...

Ben and Impy are missing.. Count the Duvets.
Ive opened a new troll free Room.. Thats because its mine and security will be strict..
I'm looking for an Alligator to beef it up even more..

Im here, been a while since iv been on how are you all ?

cainaries
25-07-2011, 21:08
The best question from tourists (being an ex worker) was "so you actually live here do you ??" Always answer with no I commute everyday !
A few years ago I had to go on a business trip to Hawaii (I know, really horrid it was!). The islands are volcanic like the Canaries but clearly one of the VIP's American wives hadn't done any homework at all (even though we were, technically, still in the States). She called up my boss and asked 'What is all the black ****?' and he tried to explain about volcanic rock but she decided he was just lying and flew straight back to Texas.

So it's not just us!

And, of course, you know about the American tourist who asked why the Queen had Windsor Castle built on the flight path to Heathrow .. of course you did! Old as the hills (or, indeed, the castle).

junglejim
25-07-2011, 21:23
I was on a Vaporreto on Grand Canal in Venice talking to Americans from California and the ladyfriend asked when did they build the Lake ??
They then got of at San Marco leaving a large rucksack under the bench full of electronic and camera equipment - luckily I noticed and chased them up to return it , though it could have been anything !!
Totally naive outside their own environment!

MaxineC
25-07-2011, 21:55
How's you today Max any better ?

Not really... :(

TUT! and theres me thinking your a Goddess ,with wonderous powers !!!

Last years whilst waiting to see the Rep at our hotel .A woman was having a right go at the Rep because .....ZARAS didnt have her size in a dress she wanted !!! Same woman next day again complaining .....why did Thompsons not tell her there were FISH in the sea and she wouldnt be going in again !!!
Best is yet to come .....she happened to be on the same dolphin spotting trip ,and with a tear in her eye as we started to set off and they followed as they do ,asked one of the crew "Where do you keep them at night ??......and you wonder why Jimbo posts the way he does .

Hope you better today MC ......

Cheers OL, still feeling a bit ropey... maybe it's my age! :eek:

I appear to have lost all my goddess powers.... still look like one though! :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Yep, get asked the same thing about a dozen times a day.... :wall:

cainaries
25-07-2011, 22:22
I don't like this on the Amy Winehouse thread as don't want to upset anyone. But can anyone down here in the Dungeon explain to me why people have left Malibu, Coke, Rum and cigarettes at the shrine outside her house? Do they think she is crossing the River Styx? I'm very sad that anyone should die in those circumstances, famous, brilliant yet alone ... it's the behaviour of the fans that puzzles me, nothing to do with her at all.

MaxineC
25-07-2011, 23:07
I must admit I found it very odd too, Cainaries... ???

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 09:09
mornings ! How nice to see Ben back ! Hope you are ok Ben - all fine down here.

onelegnofeet
26-07-2011, 10:02
Not really... :(

I appear to have lost all my goddess powers.... still look like one though! :crylaughing: :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

:

WHAT?? Your ARMS have dropped of !!!..........(Venus de milo)
How will you pick your nose now ???

HI FILEYBOY BEN ,hope your fit and well think the others unlike me and MM were to tied up in their own worlds of .........SEX (no change there !)........drugs and rock and roll .Hows Mrs Ben ?

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 10:10

HI FILEYBOY BEN ,hope your fit and well think the others unlike me and MM were to tied up in their own worlds of .........SEX (no change there !)........drugs and rock and roll .Hows Mrs Ben ?

Oi you speak for yourself I'm all up for the Sex, some rock fish and a chip rol, chuck in a pickled onion and now you're talking !l:hungry::D:D

cainaries
26-07-2011, 10:31
Great to have you back, Ben! Um, when you've got a minute ... I think Warbey could do with a hand ensuring the Dungeon is troll free ... and there's some complication about 'flaming' which I thought referred to burgers but apparently not so perhaps we should check on the fire blankets as well as the duvets.

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 10:46
Great to have you back, Ben! Um, when you've got a minute ... I think Warbey could do with a hand ensuring the Dungeon is troll free ... and there's some complication about 'flaming' which I thought referred to burgers but apparently not so perhaps we should check on the fire blankets as well as the duvets.

Flaming as in flaming 'eck ?? flaming steaks ?

MaxineC
26-07-2011, 11:49

Fear not OL, hubby and I are very close.... ;)

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 11:59
Fear not OL, hubby and I are very close.... ;)

not that close - I've heared about your hooter !!!:surrender::run::help::hole::lol:

MaxineC
26-07-2011, 12:06
not that close - I've heared about your hooter !!!:surrender::run::help::hole::lol:

I think you mean Hooters... I have two!! :D

onelegnofeet
26-07-2011, 13:36
chuck in a pickled onion !l:hungry::D:D

IN WHAT??.......................that sounds a real fetish !!!bet MC aint even come across that one !LOL

cainaries
26-07-2011, 13:40
Flaming as in flaming 'eck ?? flaming steaks ?
Flaming steak, please, I'm STARVING. With chips, peas and grilled tomatoes. Found some Coleman's mustard in HiperDino so all set for lunch. Get the barbie out, MM.

Don't think I fancy that pickled onion much, though.

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 13:42
IN WHAT??.......................that sounds a real fetish !!!bet MC aint even come across that one !LOL

she sounds like more a pickled gherkin kinda girl :lol::D

there's a few of 'em round 'ere

MaxineC
26-07-2011, 13:42

I've come across possibly all fetishes, but yes, pickled onions are a new one on me too....!! :eek:

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 13:43
Flaming steak, please, I'm STARVING. With chips, peas and grilled tomatoes. Found some Coleman's mustard in HiperDino so all set for lunch. Get the barbie out, MM.

Don't think I fancy that pickled onion much, though.

Ok hun might need a dust down - the barby not the pickled onion:crazy:

MaxineC
26-07-2011, 13:47
she sounds like more a pickled gherkin kinda girl :lol::D

there's a few of 'em round 'ere

You're very right, MM, I LOVE gherkins... ate them by the jar full when I was pregnant! :hungry:

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 14:03
Not for me - no ta !

ok let's start a new poll Gherkins or Pick Onions ! :lol:

cainaries
26-07-2011, 14:52
Not for me - no ta !

Couldn't possibly choose! Love them both equally and even together.

Goforgold
26-07-2011, 17:34
Couldn't possibly choose! Love them both equally and even together.

Gherkins ............ :(

warbey
26-07-2011, 19:38
Gherkins ............ :(

Onions.............

Prefer them fried though or Onion gravy with sliced Mushrooms..
They go well with Steak.....yummy..put a lining on Your stomach Max.

benward
26-07-2011, 20:26

Were both good thanks hows yourself thought about you the other night did you see the new series that started on Sunday BBC at 10.30, think they called it Sugartown was filmed in Filey ,you will recognise places.

Not for me - no ta !

Gherkins every time but like the cauliflower in the mixed pickles.

warbey
26-07-2011, 20:30
[QUOTE=benward;68258]Were both good thanks hows yourself thought about you the other night did you see the new series that started on Sunday BBC at 10.30, think they called it Sugartown was filmed in Filey ,you will recognise places.

Hi Ben. dont think They did Filey any favours either.
I need a bit of help with security on here as Trolls can now lurk unseen.
Welcome back Mate.

benward
26-07-2011, 20:30
mornings ! How nice to see Ben back ! Hope you are ok Ben - all fine down here.

Glad your ok MM and keeping them in hand down here .

Added after 3 minutes:

[QUOTE=benward;68258]Were both good thanks hows yourself thought about you the other night did you see the new series that started on Sunday BBC at 10.30, think they called it Sugartown was filmed in Filey ,you will recognise places.

Hi Ben. dont think They did Filey any favours either.
I need a bit of help with security on here as Trolls can now lurk unseen.
Welcome back Mate.

Was just going to ask how you were, whose the Trolls then Warby anyone we know .

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi cainaries how are you did you mention burgers, and all this talk of Gerkins is making me hungry again.

Added after 9 minutes:

A big hello to Goforgold long time since we spoke you ok? Also Hi to Maxine dont think we have spoke yet been reading the posts hope your feeling better.

onelegnofeet
26-07-2011, 20:52
Were both good thanks hows yourself thought about you the other night did you see the new series that started on Sunday BBC at 10.30, think they called it Sugartown was filmed in Filey ,you will recognise places.

Will have to give it a watch on BBCI Player ,and yes i love the pickled Cauli too .............your not my secret love child are you ???

benward
26-07-2011, 21:13
Will have to give it a watch on BBCI Player ,and yes i love the pickled Cauli too .............your not my secret love child are you ???

No definetly not,as a father you would of made a far better job!!!

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2011, 21:25
Onions.............

Prefer them fried though or Onion gravy with sliced Mushrooms..
They go well with Steak.....yummy..put a lining on Your stomach Max.

Max U need owt else on ur stomach hun ?? I don't that's for sure thanks warbs:lol::lol:

Wow Ben u ain't welcome in the dungeon after that mix ...........phewwww air freshner anyone:hail::doctor:

benward
26-07-2011, 21:37
:flower::flower:
Max U need owt else on ur stomach hun ?? I don't that's for sure thanks warbs:lol::lol:

Wow Ben u ain't welcome in the dungeon after that mix ...........phewwww air freshner anyone:hail::doctor:

Smell of roses mine do:flower:

cainaries
26-07-2011, 22:15
:flower::flower:

Smell of roses mine do:flower:

In that case my OH may be your secret dad - he always claims the same.

This onions/gherkins debate plus cauli has got me thinking ... is it called piccallili or something like that? (Not that according to the irritating American spell check). Love it. And pickled cucumbers. Just eaten a huge meal so I definitely shouldn't be hungry.

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 00:02
I'm fine thanks Ben, just having a few problems relating to my illness last year.... But I'm a tough cookie, and god only takes the good young, so I should be around for a long time yet!! ;) :D

Mmmm, been craving gherkins all day after this thread, so just munched my way through half a jar full.... darn lovely!! :D

Malteser Monkey
29-07-2011, 10:49
Mornings

anyone around ?

How's it going Max ?

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 13:26
Worse.... passed out by one of the pools yesterday! Mortified.com :(

Off to get my blood pressure checked later... :doctor::sick2:

Malteser Monkey
29-07-2011, 13:34
Oh no ! sorry to hear that - keep us informed, take care x

cainaries
29-07-2011, 15:28
Worse.... passed out by one of the pools yesterday! Mortified.com :(

Off to get my blood pressure checked later... :doctor::sick2:
Doesn't sound very clever! Here in hillbilly country all the pharmacies have blood pressure machines so you can check it yourself ... provided you know what it's supposed to be!

Added after 3 minutes:

Malteser Monkey and I have been having a huge clean up in the Dungeon today, floors mopped, duvets changed, beds aired, etc. And the state of the bathrooms just can't even be mentioned on here ... now such a brilliant white you might need your shades on, but I think that's the problem, people using the bathrooms with their shades on. .... which reminds me of a dreadful notice in the first office I ever worked in ...

if you sprinkle when you tinkle
please be sweet and wipe the seat

(and the floor in this case!)

benward
29-07-2011, 15:37
Do I know you Warbey?

Dont you be lowering the tone:) get that Bedale Beaujoalis out .

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 19:12
Doesn't sound very clever! Here in hillbilly country all the pharmacies have blood pressure machines so you can check it yourself ... provided you know what it's supposed to be!

They've got them here too, Cainaries... well, if you can find one that works! Blood pressure is on the low side, and signs of dehydrating again :( On the plus side, they've recommended on top of other things, I up my intake of sweet things.... pass me the chocolate & sweeties, I HAVE to eat them ALL... Doctors orders! :D

warbey
29-07-2011, 19:38
Sounds like a sugar rush to Me Max, NOT what the Doctor ordered.
Moderation in all things. Safe can be boring too.!

>>>>Back to the Red now...................

Well done Cainaries, the Place is sparkling. Pity Zara, impy and Suej arent around
in any order.. Miss You Girls..

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 19:46

Damn I hate sensible people.... ;) :D

No, I do have to up my sugar intake though, my usual diet is very sensible, and very little junk/sweet food in it... I shall have my normal healthy dinner, but thoroughly enjoy a huge bowl of ice-cream & lashings of chocolate sauce on it for dessert! :yum:

warbey
29-07-2011, 19:51
Damn I hate sensible people.... ;) :D

No, I do have to up my sugar intake though, my usual diet is very sensible, and very little junk/sweet food in it... I shall have my normal healthy dinner, but thoroughly enjoy a huge bowl of ice-cream & lashings of chocolate sauce on it for dessert! :yum:

Scrumptious, any Leftovers..?:devil:

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 20:16
Scrumptious, any Leftovers..?:devil:

No, as I'm planning on having an extra large portion tonight.... :pig:

Malteser Monkey
30-07-2011, 12:23

>>>>Back to the Red now...................

Well done Cainaries, the Place is sparkling. Pity Zara, impy and Suej arent around
in any order.. Miss You Girls..

UHUM !!! what about me - she didn't do it all on her own you know !!!!!

No, as I'm planning on having an extra large portion tonight.... :pig:

Yeap me too:whistle::whistle::cheeky::D:D

MaxineC
30-07-2011, 12:51
Morning MM.... While you're here, stick the kettle on please :D

cainaries
30-07-2011, 16:21
They've got them here too, Cainaries... well, if you can find one that works! Blood pressure is on the low side, and signs of dehydrating again :( On the plus side, they've recommended on top of other things, I up my intake of sweet things.... pass me the chocolate & sweeties, I HAVE to eat them ALL... Doctors orders! :D
Take more water with it, Max! Spritzers are nice in this heatwave. If only I had the fizzy stuff to put in the wine. No shortage of wine, it goes without saying.

UHUM !!! what about me - she didn't do it all on her own you know !!!!!

Yeap me too:whistle::whistle::cheeky::D:D

You did the lion's share even though you had to hobble from room to room. How are you feeling?

MaxineC
30-07-2011, 16:59
I drink around 3ltrs of water whilst I'm working, and 2ltrs of that has Hydro Suero in. I also have an isotonic drink or two, which was what I was recommended by the doc to drink... And in between camomile tea!! Yet still I'm dehydrating badly. My skin has started to look like a shedding snakes... :cry:

Looks like I'm going to have to become a lady of leisure again... and I really liked my little job :(

warbey
30-07-2011, 19:55
I drink around 3ltrs of water whilst I'm working, and 2ltrs of that has Hydro Suero in. I also have an isotonic drink or two, which was what I was recommended by the doc to drink... And in between camomile tea!! Yet still I'm dehydrating badly. My skin has started to look like a shedding snakes... :cry:

Looks like I'm going to have to become a lady of leisure again... and I really liked my little job :(

Max, that sounds like an allergic reaction to something or other.
Thanks Monkey for reminding Me You helped and cainaries for admitting You did the lions share.
Who fancies some Fillet Steak with onions and Chips, freshly buttered Bread and any Drink to suit. gas/sin gas
Would that be o.k. as a thanks.
Leftovers to a Doggie thread

Malteser Monkey
30-07-2011, 22:31
I'm feeling great but little swollen piggy being a pain in the lower regions !!!

New born Ava is a real beut (is that a word) just perfecto ! and a quiet little thing.

got your msg Warbs reply mañana hun - need a top up.

Hope everyone else ok

Bit worried not seen onleg around ???

Hey max That's a lot of fluid hun - get back to docs !!!

MaxineC
31-07-2011, 00:46
Do you think so Warbey, what sort of allergy would dry my skin out so much? I put it down to the dehydration... Need to sort it out, it looks awful :(

Cheers MM, got a feeling OH will be dragging me back whether I like it or not... On a positive note, my headache is finally subsiding, so hopefully will get a good nights sleep tonight. :crossfingers:

with cheese
31-07-2011, 16:51
Do you think so Warbey, what sort of allergy would dry my skin out so much? I put it down to the dehydration... Need to sort it out, it looks awful :(

Cheers MM, got a feeling OH will be dragging me back whether I like it or not... On a positive note, my headache is finally subsiding, so hopefully will get a good nights sleep tonight. :crossfingers:

drink aloe vera juice.

cainaries
31-07-2011, 17:57
drink aloe vera juice.

I'd forgotten about that - excellent advice, with cheese. And rub aloe vera cream on your skin, Max. If you have access to a plant (pretty easy in TF I would imagine) break off a leaf (carefully, sharp) and use the goo on your skin.

MaxineC
31-07-2011, 18:03
Using Aloe vera daily, but must confess to never trying the drink... Woke up minus my headache this morning, thank goodness, 4 days was quite enough...

Unfortunately though, got some very sad news earlier this afternoon and cried so much, the headache is back.... but now I'm not thinking about myself, only the the death of this lovely woman... I feel numb.

Suej
31-07-2011, 18:04
Are you trying to lose Max all her friends!:eek: the goo absolutely stinks Cainaries! :laugh:

Malteser Monkey
01-08-2011, 11:54
Using Aloe vera daily, but must confess to never trying the drink... Woke up minus my headache this morning, thank goodness, 4 days was quite enough...

Unfortunately though, got some very sad news earlier this afternoon and cried so much, the headache is back.... but now I'm not thinking about myself, only the the death of this lovely woman... I feel numb.

Sorry Max - you're having it pretty rough at the mo

We're all here for you hun

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 15:31
Sorry Max - you're having it pretty rough at the mo

We're all here for you hun

**** happens... just seems to be happening a lot round here at the moment :(

After the news yesterday, it puts everything else into perspective... Thanks for all your kind words (you know what I mean ;)) it's been hugely appreciated... :blowkiss:

warbey
01-08-2011, 20:30
Thats the Dungeon Max, a friendly place mostly, Vaselene is a good moistureiser if nothing else available too.
I would think back to when this started and perhaps what You wore at the Time, what was it washed in,?
Maybe nothing at all but You never know.
My O.H. became allergic to Johnsons wipes after about 20 years use for getting mascara off for instance.

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 20:38
Yes, I know allergies can suddenly come out of the blue, but it looks as if dehydration is definitely the cause for the change in my skin... Just need to find a better way of keeping hydrated, my current way of dealing with it clearly isn't working. :(

dokgolf
01-08-2011, 20:41
Forgive my ignorance here but what is this thread about? Is it a kind of place where anyone can come and have a chat? If so, this is a VERY civilised forum!:)

Harmonicaman
01-08-2011, 20:44
Forgive my ignorance here but what is this thread about? Is it a kind of place where anyone can come and have a chat? If so, this is a VERY civilised forum!:)

That's exactly what it is. Stops people being kicked off threads for being off topic. Talk away in here but watch out Malteser Monkey will have you scrubbing the floors or dusting the tapestries!:wink2:

dokgolf
01-08-2011, 20:51
That's exactly what it is. Stops people being kicked off threads for being off topic. Talk away in here but watch out Malteser Monkey will have you scrubbing the floors or dusting the tapestries!:wink2:

Great! I can talk for hours. Its getting me to shut up that's difficult!

Added after 2 minutes:

Just one thing though, nearly every thread on this forum ( with one or two exceptions ) has gone off topic by the third page, so, is it anything goes on this thread ( I don't mean attacking other members but there must be some kind of rules here)??

Goforgold
01-08-2011, 21:12

Added after 2 minutes:

Just one thing though, nearly every thread on this forum ( with one or two exceptions ) has gone off topic by the third page, so, is it anything goes on this thread ( I don't mean attacking other members but there must be some kind of rules here)??

You mean when you started talking about that quiche you made ? :)

dokgolf
01-08-2011, 21:16
You mean when you started talking about that quiche you made ? :)

Guilty!!:ashamed:
Note to self, never play poker with GFG, she misses nothing!

Goforgold
01-08-2011, 21:21
Guilty!!:ashamed:
Note to self, never play poker with GFG, she misses nothing!

Particularly strip poker!! ;)

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 22:41

Yes, threads do have a habit of going off on a tangent... ;) However, as there is no topic here, we can't go off topic... Does that make sense? :D

cainaries
01-08-2011, 23:22
Are you trying to lose Max all her friends!:eek: the goo absolutely stinks Cainaries! :laugh:
Confess I've never tried it, just been lectured by loads of clever clogs here about how good it is. I'd only cut myself on the spikey leaf and bleed to death.

Added after 9 minutes:

Really sorry to hear this, Maxine. Crying can give you a really horrible headache. No use telling you not to cry though.

Added after 4 minutes:

You've made me smile now! And I needed a smile tonight ... 'what is this thread about?'...
:D:devil2::bootyshake::wink2::devil:
And much much more ...

dokgolf
01-08-2011, 23:53
Glad I could help!!:)

Malteser Monkey
02-08-2011, 09:35

Added after 2 minutes:

Third page ???? 2nd if I have my way.

Yes this is where all the drivel and garbage can be shared !!!;):D:D

BTW your marigold are hanging up behind the bathroom door ! Everyone welcome (well no trouble makers or trolls) but all have to chip in and do their bit to keep this place up to scratch.

Wine cellar must be re stocked every morning !:mopfloor::drunk2::drunk::wine::cheers2:

O

howard thornton
02-08-2011, 10:53
Third page ???? 2nd if I have my way.

Yes this is where all the drivel and garbage can be shared !!!;):D:D

BTW your marigold are hanging up behind the bathroom door ! Everyone welcome (well no trouble makers or trolls) but all have to chip in and do their bit to keep this place up to scratch.

Wine cellar must be re stocked every morning !:mopfloor::drunk2::drunk::wine::cheers2:

O
no trouble makers or trolls?:whistle:book me in for a long stay.:bootyshake::bootyshake: good morning monkey and all.

Malteser Monkey
02-08-2011, 12:19
No Spam - well only in tin form ! actually could go a nice sarny right now ! Where's Cainaries ?

MaxineC
02-08-2011, 13:15
I'm about to make some egg mayonnaise ones if you fancy one... smell like bad feet, but taste delicious! :yum:

Malteser Monkey
02-08-2011, 13:30
I'm about to make some egg mayonnaise ones if you fancy one... smell like bad feet, but taste delicious! :yum:

Yeap nice one - not putting any of that grassy stuff in what's it called.....................cress ! Yuck

Nice bit of lettuce ok tho.

Thanks Max, I'll open a bottle of white to go with that !

MaxineC
02-08-2011, 14:38
Yeap nice one - not putting any of that grassy stuff in what's it called.....................cress ! Yuck

Nice bit of lettuce ok tho.

Thanks Max, I'll open a bottle of white to go with that !

Oh no, none of that green stuff... some ground pepper and paprika, darn yummy.

Now pass me a glass of that wine... :wine:

Malteser Monkey
02-08-2011, 14:41
Oh no, none of that green stuff... some ground pepper and paprika, darn yummy.

Now pass me a glass of that wine... :wine:

errrrr please:D and thanks for the sarnies !

MaxineC
02-08-2011, 14:46
errrrr please:D and thanks for the sarnies !

Sorry :ashamed:

Arrggghhhhhh, got to go and process some pics now... don't want to, looking at myself that closely is unhealthy! :eek: ;)

Malteser Monkey
02-08-2011, 15:05
Sorry :ashamed:

Arrggghhhhhh, got to go and process some pics now... don't want to, looking at myself that closely is unhealthy! :eek: ;)

yes shame that's what your OH was just saying:bootyshake::D

MaxineC
02-08-2011, 16:15
yes shame that's what your OH was just saying:bootyshake::D

:rofl: :rofl: Didn't know you two were friends....

warbey
03-08-2011, 20:45
:rofl: :rofl: Didn't know you two were friends....

All friends down here Max. Odd Visitors welcome as lopng as they behave..
I see Harmonicaman is missing again. Monkey Youll have to take Him into the Ablutionds.
That is good cress Ladies, eat it all up. One Leg grew it on His window sill in Solitary. (I think).
When's the next Party Cainaries.? its a well kept secret. I bet even Slodgey doesnt know
He's too busy chasing spammers......lol

MaxineC
03-08-2011, 20:59
Jeez, my OH better not be down here.... this is where I come to escape! :eek:

dokgolf
03-08-2011, 23:25
Right, I've brought a nice Chardonnay. Where are the glasses?:yum:

cainaries
03-08-2011, 23:34
No Spam - well only in tin form ! actually could go a nice sarny right now ! Where's Cainaries ?
Hi hun ... been unusually busy! We can buy spam in our local supermarket ... it's a new 'treat' :yum:;)

Added after 4 minutes:

Right, I've brought a nice Chardonnay. Where are the glasses?:yum:
Glasses in the freezer so you pour cold wine into cold glasses! Chardonnay would be a treat as am used to drinking local 'listan blanco' (do you get that in Tenerife?)
Cheers!

Added after 2 minutes:

All friends down here Max. Odd Visitors welcome as lopng as they behave..
I see Harmonicaman is missing again. Monkey Youll have to take Him into the Ablutionds.
That is good cress Ladies, eat it all up. One Leg grew it on His window sill in Solitary. (I think).
When's the next Party Cainaries.? its a well kept secret. I bet even Slodgey doesnt know
He's too busy chasing spammers......lol

Will check with the neighbours about a party, Warbey. We share a driveway (this is shorthand for the real situation) and have all been doing major roadworks on this and a 'baile' and 'fiesta' have been promised on completion of the obras. So, TF members all invited (panic if you were to show up, of course). I'll let you know the date.

MaxineC
04-08-2011, 00:01
I feel like sh&t, I need tlc and oodles of sympathy.... I can't even get on scrabble to continue my Slodge whooping... so no cheering up anywhere! I need alcohol (not really recommended in my current state of health :() or some big love to compensate... any offers ???

cainaries
04-08-2011, 00:10
I feel like sh&t, I need tlc and oodles of sympathy.... I can't even get on scrabble to continue my Slodge whooping... so no cheering up anywhere! I need alcohol (not really recommended in my current state of health :() or some big love to compensate... any offers ???
No offers on big love from me, Max. But sorry to hear you're still under the weather. Could you eat a big tub of ice-cream like they always do in the American movies? Thinking of which ... I'm off to the fridge. Sleep well, hope you feel better tomorrow.

MaxineC
04-08-2011, 00:24
No appetite, still desperately sad at the loss of such a wonderful woman... Stuff my own health woes, I feel lost and distraught. Even though I'm so relieved M didn't go through the pain and traumas of a horribly painful end (secondary cancer :() I feel so angry that such a tough lady, who beat cancer 3 times, should suddenly be dealt such another tough deal. It seems so unfair... She was one of the good people :(

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 09:21
Oh Max feel for you hun. x

going to make you a nice pan of chicken noodle soup, Cainaries can you get some nice crusty rolls, we'll look after her. Maybe some nice apple pie for afters.

Added after 2 Hours 1:

ohh no it's all topsy turvy ! this is off topic ????

Jimandsi
04-08-2011, 12:31

You called ? ? ? :shy:

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 12:52
You called ? ? ? :shy:

Yes but something that lasts more than 5 secs Jim:D:cheeky:

MaxineC
04-08-2011, 14:06
Yes but something that lasts more than 5 secs Jim:D:cheeky:

:rofl: :rofl: You're on form today MM ;)

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 14:20
oh yes posting Good morning in the good night thread started me off !!!

how's you any better - any of those egg sarnies floating around.

Ohhh you missed it this morning there was quite a bit of................. hmmm not quite sure what to call it, unfriendly banter ??!!!

MaxineC
04-08-2011, 15:18
Hahaha, MM just read your pm.... I'm doubled over laughing!! :rofl: :rofl:

Off to the hospital now, keep everything crossed for me! Will report back later, and answer your message... ;)

howard thornton
04-08-2011, 15:25
:tiphat:
oh yes posting Good morning in the good night thread started me off !!!

how's you any better - any of those egg sarnies floating around.

Ohhh you missed it this morning there was quite a bit of................. hmmm not quite sure what to call it, unfriendly banter ??!!! well thats one way to describe it. good afternoon monkey.:tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 15:34
HT your last pm came through blank !

Has anyone met my new mate Anto3 in the puerto thread.........rolleyes2::D

anto3 does that mean there are 2 more lurking ?:D

Ecky Thump
04-08-2011, 15:35
HT your last pm came through blank !

Has anyone met my new mate Anton in the puerto thread.........rolleyes2::D

Are you off to Dublin to meet him?:goodluck:

Malteser Monkey
04-08-2011, 15:57
Are you off to Dublin to meet him?:goodluck:

He may be in puerto by now ?!

warbey
04-08-2011, 20:16
Come on Max, You said Yoiud be back later.
Hope all is well/ish with You too.

slodgedad
04-08-2011, 20:25
Come on Max, You said Yoiud be back later.
Hope all is well/ish with You too.She's not been on Scrabble for nearly 24 hours, after threatening to demolish me again, so she may be poorly.

cainaries
04-08-2011, 22:51
Oh Max feel for you hun. x

going to make you a nice pan of chicken noodle soup, Cainaries can you get some nice crusty rolls, we'll look after her. Maybe some nice apple pie for afters.

Added after 2 Hours 1:

ohh no it's all topsy turvy ! this is off topic ????

Only just come on here today, Monkey, but have left out a note for the bread man for additional order of his delicious crusty white rolls delivered daily at 7.45.

So where are all the trouble-spots today then?

Max .. where are you, hopefully not in hospital?

warbey
06-08-2011, 20:16
Only just come on here today, Monkey, but have left out a note for the bread man for additional order of his delicious crusty white rolls delivered daily at 7.45.

So where are all the trouble-spots today then?

Max .. where are you, hopefully not in hospital?

Only You and Me to eat it Today Hun, all others on walkabout.?
Has the wine chiller arrived Yet. please.?

dokgolf
06-08-2011, 20:27
Has anyone heard from Maxine?

cainaries
06-08-2011, 22:09
Only You and Me to eat it Today Hun, all others on walkabout.?
Has the wine chiller arrived Yet. please.?

Bread man didn't deliver because yesterday was a fiesta where we are. Go figure. He delivered yesterday. I'll never get the hang of this place.

I do hope Maxine is okay. Only know her through the Forum so have no other way of knowing how she is except when she posts. Anybody there, Max??

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2011, 10:34
Morning everyone !!!

Max and oneleg - are you well ?

warbey
08-08-2011, 21:12
Morning everyone !!!

Max and oneleg - are you well ?

Disappeared without trace.....Is anybody there..?

Are You having a glass of Red Monkey?
May as well now Youre here..

Cainaries, People coming and going here too.
or got lost in Diamond Head.?

MaxineC
08-08-2011, 21:49
Hi honey, I'm home..... Finally!

They kept me in, only got discharged a couple of hours ago... :(

The good news is, they didn't find anything dreadful, phew! The bad news, they couldn't find the cause, and I still have the headaches, despite them pumping all sorts into me :( I've come home armed with all sorts of meds and have to go back for more tests... But hey, it would appear I have a brain, so not all doom & gloom :D

Now who's going to put the kettle on, I could murder a cuppa... ;)

cainaries
08-08-2011, 21:58
Hi honey, I'm home..... Finally!

They kept me in, only got discharged a couple of hours ago... :(

The good news is, they didn't find anything dreadful, phew! The bad news, they couldn't find the cause, and I still have the headaches, despite them pumping all sorts into me :( I've come home armed with all sorts of meds and have to go back for more tests... But hey, it would appear I have a brain, so not all doom & gloom :D

Now who's going to put the kettle on, I could murder a cuppa... ;)

Can't write the right words on here ... flippin' eck, Max, what's happened to you. I will rush to put the kettle on, you poor poor thing. Have to confess the idea of having a cup of tea at 10 o'clock at night is very foreign to me, but if that's what you fancy ... and you've been in hospital. You go and lie down in a darkened room and one of us will bring you a nice cup of tea ... do you take milk and sugar?

MaxineC
08-08-2011, 22:07
Can't write the right words on here ... flippin' eck, Max, what's happened to you. I will rush to put the kettle on, you poor poor thing. Have to confess the idea of having a cup of tea at 10 o'clock at night is very foreign to me, but if that's what you fancy ... and you've been in hospital. You go and lie down in a darkened room and one of us will bring you a nice cup of tea ... do you take milk and sugar?

Yes I have Cainaries, since Thursday afternoon. I only went to see the doc about the constant headaches I'd been getting, next thing I know, I was attached to a drip and in a hospital bed! :( I've had every type of scan going, and pumped full of drugs (and not the sort that make you want to party ;)). So, after 5 days of only being allowed water or camomile tea, a nice cup of PG's will go down a treat... Milk and sugar please (been told to up my sugar intake!) :D

cainaries
08-08-2011, 22:09
Yes I have Cainaries, since Thursday afternoon. I only went to see the doc about the constant headaches I'd been getting, next thing I know, I was attached to a drip and in a hospital bed! :( I've had every type of scan going, and pumped full of drugs (and not the sort that make you want to party ;)). So, after 5 days of only being allowed water or camomile tea, a nice cup of PG's will go down a treat... Milk and sugar please (been told to up my sugar intake!) :D

Large cuppa beside your bed. We occasionally drink tea out of thick pint mugs (especially after a heavy night) but since you are a polite, delicate flower, I've given you the bone china.

Really sorry to hear about your headaches. I get quite a few myself and not always 'morning after' type ones. Anyhow glad to hear you have a brain left.

MaxineC
08-08-2011, 22:21
Haha, a pint mug would have been fine... it'll save you having to put the kettle back on in 5 minutes! :D

I've never really been one to suffer from headaches, hence my concern when I'd had one constantly for 8 days!! :eek: Still got it, but I'd rather be suffering at home than in hospital. Oh a positive note, they must have a new chef there, the food was superb...!!! :hungry:

slodgedad
08-08-2011, 22:25
Haha, a pint mug would have been fine... it'll save you having to put the kettle back on in 5 minutes! :D

I've never really been one to suffer from headaches, hence my concern when I'd had one constantly for 8 days!! :eek: Still got it, but I'd rather be suffering at home than in hospital. Oh a positive note, they must have a new chef there, the food was superb...!!! :hungry:Hola Max, everything OK?

I can reply to my PMs now telling everyone that you are still with us.

More importantly I can go back on the Scrabble game and expect to get stuffed yet again

MaxineC
08-08-2011, 22:28
Hola Max, everything OK?

More importantly I can go back on the Scrabble game and expect to get stuffed yet again

I'm fine thanks Slodgie, just a bit dafter... and I have a doctors note to prove it! :D

Yes, let the stuffing commence... ;)

cainaries
08-08-2011, 22:32
Hola Max, everything OK?

Is this a private game or can anyone join in? Second cuppa brewing, Max.

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2011, 22:47
Yes, let the stuffing commence... ;) you're back:D

Well hun I was worried bout you - I'm here with a mug of summit stronger when you need it ! Ovaltine !

So glad to see you back tho hun xx

Just logged on to see about the riots too - seems the forum more up to date than ITN news eh SueJ.

Too close to home Max - My family less than 2 miles from Enfield on main road towards city.

cainaries
08-08-2011, 22:51
you're back:D

Well hun I was worried bout you - I'm here with a mug of summit stronger when you need it ! Ovaltine !

Just logged on to see about the riots too - seems the forum more up to date than ITN news eh SueJ.

Too close to home Max - My family less than 2 miles from Enfield on main road towards city.

Fingers crossed everyone is ok, MM. Horrendous it really is.

slodgedad
08-08-2011, 22:51

Too close to home Max - My family less than 2 miles from Enfield on main road towards city.One less to PM..:D

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2011, 23:03
One less to PM..:D

Naa you still owe me 50 Euros:D

MaxineC
08-08-2011, 23:05

That's very worrying... I have everything crossed that they stay safe xx

It's nice to be back, was beginning to think they'd never let me out!

ps: I'm still chuckling over the last pm I got from you... :rofl:

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2011, 23:09
That's very worrying... I have everything crossed that they stay safe xx

It's nice to be back, was beginning to think they'd never let me out!

ps: I'm still chuckling over the last pm I got from you... :rofl:

Well you should have seen my posts on Monday !!! you haven't had stitches have you ??? only joking..... and shhhhhh family forum

Max I'll send you another tommorrow won't let me send one now hun

Nite everyone XXXXXXX

MaxineC
08-08-2011, 23:35
Well you should have seen my posts on Monday !!! you haven't had stitches have you ??? only joking..... and shhhhhh family forum

Max I'll send you another tommorrow won't let me send one now hun

Nite everyone XXXXXXX

Look forward to it... Sleep well xx

Malteser Monkey
09-08-2011, 08:39
Wakey wakey rise and shine !

MaxineC
09-08-2011, 11:22
Morning MM.... How lovely to wake up in my own bed again this morning, lovely start to the day! :D

Malteser Monkey
09-08-2011, 11:39
Morning MM.... How lovely to wake up in my own bed again this morning, lovely start to the day! :D

SOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many comments sooooo little time !:D

good glad you're ok - any better ? have you had brekkie ?

MaxineC
09-08-2011, 11:52
SOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many comments sooooo little time !:D

good glad you're ok - any better ? have you had brekkie ?

Dirty, dirty mind... :D

Still got the headache... after almost 2 weeks, it now feels normal :( No brekkie yet, still catching up on my PG Tips withdrawal! lol Getting peckish now though, so may go have a rummage in the kitchen shortly... :hungry:

cainaries
09-08-2011, 16:21
Dirty, dirty mind... :D

Still got the headache... after almost 2 weeks, it now feels normal :( No brekkie yet, still catching up on my PG Tips withdrawal! lol Getting peckish now though, so may go have a rummage in the kitchen shortly... :hungry:

Am about to go shopping, Maxine, anything you need? Just a suggestion, have you tried osteopathy? Cranial osteopathy might be just what you need to ease the headaches. I'm not much into 'alternative' anything but I do find this helps. (You hadn't put yourself on a caffeine-free diet had you? That can cause awful headaches).

MaxineC
09-08-2011, 17:59
Am about to go shopping, Maxine, anything you need? Just a suggestion, have you tried osteopathy? Cranial osteopathy might be just what you need to ease the headaches. I'm not much into 'alternative' anything but I do find this helps. (You hadn't put yourself on a caffeine-free diet had you? That can cause awful headaches).

A chiropractor is my next port of call.... I remember having bad headaches after a bad car crash about 11 years ago, and a friend suggested a chiropractor, which worked wonders. Worth a try, it may be that it's my neck that's the problem... Anything is worth a try, if it stops the bloody headaches!! :wall:

My diet hasn't changed much in years, nor has my tea consumption... And I only drink coffee if accompanied by a large brandy :D

warbey
09-08-2011, 19:28
£rd attempt.

Glad Youre Back Max. Slodgey can cancel another P.M. too!

The Dungeon looks pristine today thankyou Ladies. Thankyou..
Ezpecting some Cava shortly to celebratew something. (might be a special Birthday/ Might not)

Anyone fancy a cup of Oxo.?

cainaries
09-08-2011, 20:05
A chiropractor is my next port of call.... I remember having bad headaches after a bad car crash about 11 years ago, and a friend suggested a chiropractor, which worked wonders. Worth a try, it may be that it's my neck that's the problem... Anything is worth a try, if it stops the bloody headaches!! :wall:

My diet hasn't changed much in years, nor has my tea consumption... And I only drink coffee if accompanied by a large brandy :D

Personally would still recommend cranial osteopathy as a first step since it is far more gentle than a chiropractor if you're feeling a bit fragile. Large brandies don't help with existing headaches and tend to cause new ones. Years of experience have led me to this conclusion. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Added after 2 minutes:

£rd attempt.

Glad Youre Back Max. Slodgey can cancel another P.M. too!

The Dungeon looks pristine today thankyou Ladies. Thankyou..
Ezpecting some Cava shortly to celebratew something. (might be a special Birthday/ Might not)

Anyone fancy a cup of Oxo.?

OOOh what's that then, Warbey? Not the cava that finished off Cairo's laptop, I hope?

Am already on the vino (it's 8 o'clock after all), otherwise I would love a cup of Oxo. If you were to offer it at about elevenses time, that would be great. It is a source of great amusement to OH that my family always time things by meals.

warbey
09-08-2011, 20:12
Personally would still recommend cranial osteopathy as a first step since it is far more gentle than a chiropractor if you're feeling a bit fragile. Large brandies don't help with existing headaches and tend to cause new ones. Years of experience have led me to this conclusion. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Added after 2 minutes:

OOOh what's that then, Warbey? Not the cava that finished off Cairo's laptop, I hope?

Am already on the vino (it's 8 o'clock after all), otherwise I would love a cup of Oxo. If you were to offer it at about elevenses time, that would be great. It is a source of great amusement to OH that my family always time things by meals.

Thats how We time things too, to a large extent.
Teatime can be tricky though as its between half four and nine depending on location.
Oahu was about 7 ish though.

cainaries
09-08-2011, 21:48
Thats how We time things too, to a large extent.
Teatime can be tricky though as its between half four and nine depending on location.
Oahu was about 7 ish though.
am or pm? Or as my cousin's ex-husband used to call them ack-emma or pip-emma (might be a military term, dunno)

Teatime doesn't run into wine-time in this house .. not quite.

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 12:11
Panic not, Cainaries, I'm laying off the brandy whilst I feel like this... ;)

cainaries
10-08-2011, 12:18
Panic not, Cainaries, I'm laying off the brandy whilst I feel like this... ;)

Very wise. Not any better then?

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 12:28
Very wise. Not any better then?

They've not subsided at all, get about an hours respite when I take a painkiller, and I can only take those every 8 hours :(

cainaries
10-08-2011, 12:45
They've not subsided at all, get about an hours respite when I take a painkiller, and I can only take those every 8 hours :(

What did the doctors say .... if anything? Have you been x-rayed and scanned?

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 14:13
What did the doctors say .... if anything? Have you been x-rayed and scanned?

I've had everything - MRI scan, brain scan, CAT scan, xrays... I think I may be radioactive as I glow in the dark now! :D

cainaries
10-08-2011, 15:06
I've had everything - MRI scan, brain scan, CAT scan, xrays... I think I may be radioactive as I glow in the dark now! :D
A mystery illness then. Poor you.

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 16:02
A mystery illness then. Poor you.

Maybe my brain is growing... :D

As I said, next stop is the chiropractors in case it is my neck again... maybe I've knocked it out again without realising.

warbey
10-08-2011, 18:14
Lets hope its sorted soon. Pain can wear You out, especially Days on end.....

Ack emma is Military Cainaries. probably Army. It was used extensively in bygone Days.
Now its more of a 24 Hour Clock.

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 21:55
Just back from my annual check up, for my serious illness, all good... another twelve months respite! :heyhey:

Bad news, still no idea whats causing these bloody headaches... Last hope is the chiropractor, once I can get an appointment!

Susief
10-08-2011, 22:11
Just back from my annual check up, for my serious illness, all good... another twelve months respite! :heyhey:

Bad news, still no idea whats causing these bloody headaches... Last hope is the chiropractor, once I can get an appointment!

Max I been getting migraine type headaches every 4 weeks for past 2-3 years, which last for 3-4 days. Not bad enough to put me to bed but feel weary by day 4.
A friend suggested taking Magnesium, which I take every other day and not had a bad head for nearly 7 weeks.
Also would try a chiropractioner or oesteo as neck pain can cause headaches.
Hope you sort it soon, nothing worse! Well maybe toothache comes close! lol

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxineC
10-08-2011, 23:55
I've never suffered from migraine, or any type of headaches apart from the occasional one, and also never had toothache on my life... Strange though that a lot of people seem to be complaining of headaches at the moment. Weather maybe ???

Will see what the chiropractor says... it's my only hope at the moment! :(

warbey
12-08-2011, 18:44
Sorry its still wi8th You Max

We went to Rhyl and LLandudno Yesterday, taking Our 9 year old grandson with us.
Weather wasnt cold but rain and mist most of Day.
Quite a few in both places, although I didnt see Monkey....

Plenty around Llandudno Pier, most in wet weather gear. Couldnt help thinking about Tenerife Sun.!

Had a nice Evening Meal with Grandson getting a Free Ice Cream to follow.
So, Yes, it CAN happen in the U.K. too........

Malteser Monkey
14-08-2011, 22:48
Shame Warbs had I known I would have been out with ballooons !

Next time eh !

Suej
15-08-2011, 10:54

Next time eh !Where you been lurking MM? haven´t seen you around for a while!:D

Goforgold
15-08-2011, 11:23

Great to hear your check up went well. :)

I've been suffering bouts of waking up with very bad headaches for a few year's now, even had an op on my nose to try and help - no good at all. I'm going through a bout of them at the moment. They start around 4.00 in the morning and it's impossible to stay in bed too long. :( I'll get some Magnesium as SusieF has suggested - will trying anything if it may help. Hope you get them sorted Max - I know how you feel!! :(

cainaries
15-08-2011, 11:49
I'm going to clean the windows today .... so if anyone is making a cuppa in just a little while, please make me one, too!

Goforgold
15-08-2011, 11:56
You've just missed out Cainaries!! I'm drinking a cappuchino with slug as we speak!! Just building up for the gym. :)

Enjoy the cleaning :)

cainaries
15-08-2011, 22:00
You've just missed out Cainaries!! I'm drinking a cappuchino with slug as we speak!! Just building up for the gym. :)

Enjoy the cleaning :)

I only got half way round. It was rather hot work. Having missed your cappa I fell in the pool for a bit then had a cup of tea. Followed fairly shortly by some cool white wine followed by more of the same. Got admin to do in the morning so may be some other kind soul can finish off the winders.

MaxineC
16-08-2011, 11:37
Great to hear your check up went well. :)

I've been suffering bouts of waking up with very bad headaches for a few year's now, even had an op on my nose to try and help - no good at all. I'm going through a bout of them at the moment. They start around 4.00 in the morning and it's impossible to stay in bed too long. :( I'll get some Magnesium as SusieF has suggested - will trying anything if it may help. Hope you get them sorted Max - I know how you feel!! :(

Tomorrow I will have had the headache non-stop for 3 weeks... :eek: Driving me totally insane :crazy:

Morning everybody, did I hear the kettle being switched on...? :D

Suej
16-08-2011, 11:48
Tomorrow I will have had the headache non-stop for 3 weeks... :eek: Driving me totally insane :crazy:

I´m going to ask an obvious question Max! have you had your eyes tested? Do you think a break from the pc might help a bit? 3 weeks is way too long to have the same headache! Sorry to hear you still not good!:(

MaxineC
16-08-2011, 12:35
I´m going to ask an obvious question Max! have you had your eyes tested? Do you think a break from the pc might help a bit? 3 weeks is way too long to have the same headache! Sorry to hear you still not good!:(

Think it's more likely to be my neck than my eyes... It got badly knocked in a car crash some years ago. Eyes seem fine, but will have them checked too, just in case!

Suej
16-08-2011, 12:41
Think it's more likely to be my neck than my eyes... It got badly knocked in a car crash some years ago. Eyes seem fine, but will have them checked too, just in case!

I know people praise the Osteo´s and Chiroprators over here but I have been seeing an excellent qualified Physio who was recommended to my by my Orpthopedic Doctor here, she seems to find the exact spots where I have problems without me telling her anything. She is German but speaks English, you might find it worth trying her for your neck problem, she charges 25€. Wish you better!:goodluck:

cainaries
16-08-2011, 13:32

Just back from the shops and a pointless argument in the Correos. Too hot for coffee and I've forgotten to buy the iced coffee I promised myself. Might opt for a beer.

Max, your headaches sound absolutely horrible. I think after three weeks I'd try absolutely anything, acupuncture, whatever. Certainly worth trying Suej's physio I would think. Have you been to the chiropractor yet? Did this headache simply just arrive unannounced and without permission?

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2011, 21:27
Ok Ok ladies have we ever thought there's too much coffee and too much wine drinking going on ??? hmmmm

Goforgold was having a coffee with a slug (see post 484) Where was hubby ?

Cainaries on the beer at 13.32 ??

I think we need a strong excercise regime here -

BTW sorry I've been missing been off and hit the vat of wine in the dungeon so SueJ can you please re stock hun?

where's oneleg ? Been chasing him the last couple weeks, thought I'd have caught up by now :cheeky:

Max on a serious note hun hope you get rid of the headaches.....OH been bad the last 2 weeks but round the back of his head/neck

MaxineC
16-08-2011, 23:34
Cheers ladies... I'll be fine. I must admit waking up everyday with a thumping headache is wearing me down, but on a positive side we know it's not anything serious... So, we'll just keep going through the process of eliminating things.

Now somebody pass me a brandy... I bloody deserve it, and it ain't going to make me feel any worse!! ;)

Suej
16-08-2011, 23:52
You lot drink it as fast as I stock up for Chrissake! gimme a break MM! No Hennessy VS tonight Max so what can I get you?:bowdown:

PS. been on the Xtrainer for 20 minutes today! that´s my lot!

MaxineC
16-08-2011, 23:57
You lot drink it as fast as I stock up for Chrissake! gimme a break MM! No Hennessy VS tonight Max so what can I get you?:bowdown:

PS. been on the Xtrainer for 20 minutes today! that´s my lot!

Remy XO then please... If that's all gone too, a Magno will do fine! ;)

Suej
17-08-2011, 00:02
Remy XO then please... If that's all gone too, a Magno will do fine! ;)

Remy XO?????? you having a larf??? Magno...no probs! it won´t make the pain of the headache go away but you just won´t feel it! Cheers!!!:trink2:

warbey
18-08-2011, 20:01

Next time eh !

Last minute decision Monkey/ I did ask a Lady at the Pier Entrance selling sweets if She did Maltesers?
Obviously wasnt You though.

Anyone seen Maxine down here yet
I expect a visit to Volun teer Mugshots to get Her on Her Way as a Photographer..

Where is everyone.....?

Suej
18-08-2011, 20:22
Last minute decision Monkey/ I did ask a Lady at the Pier Entrance selling sweets if She did Maltesers?
Obviously wasnt You though.

Anyone seen Maxine down here yet
I expect a visit to Volun teer Mugshots to get Her on Her Way as a Photographer..

Where is everyone.....?

Haven´t seen Maxine all day Warbs! Hope she´s OK!:dontknow:

Malteser Monkey
18-08-2011, 22:45
Hey Warbs been in Llandudno most of today - was at dentist then decided to wander about. Jimbo wouldn't have been pleased at what I saw. Peops I'm nakkd off to bed xx

cainaries
18-08-2011, 22:54
Hey Warbs been in Llandudno most of today - was at dentist then decided to wander about. Jimbo wouldn't have been pleased at what I saw. Peops I'm nakkd off to bed xx

Sleep well.

Is there any chance someone could clear a bit of a space in the freezer for some ice-cream? Ta.

I heard an awful statistic yesterday. British and Irish women drink eleven times (ELEVEN TIMES) more alcohol than other European women. Not sure if this extends to Russia but ... eleven times more. That's quite a lot, isn't it? Cheers, yes, another one would be great.

Jimandsi
19-08-2011, 14:07
Jimbo wouldn't have been pleased at what I saw.

What's that then ?