PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Dungeon thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 17:05
Sleep well.

Is there any chance someone could clear a bit of a space in the freezer for some ice-cream? Ta.

I heard an awful statistic yesterday. British and Irish women drink eleven times (ELEVEN TIMES) more alcohol than other European women. Not sure if this extends to Russia but ... eleven times more. That's quite a lot, isn't it? Cheers, yes, another one would be great.

Somebody must be drinking my share !!! Now if they did a survey on eating sweets!! ;)

MaxineC
19-08-2011, 17:22
I'm here.... still alive (just ;))

Had a bit of a crap day yesterda, hence me not being on. Also was a bit upset with a 'friend' that I confided in, only for her to betray my confidentiality :( Ho hum...

Not feeling too bad today, still have a headache, but it's only a 2 today... (Neurologist asks me to grade them 1-10!)

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 17:39
I'm here.... still alive (just ;))

Had a bit of a crap day yesterda, hence me not being on. Also was a bit upset with a 'friend' that I confided in, only for her to betray my confidentiality :( Ho hum...

Not feeling too bad today, still have a headache, but it's only a 2 today... (Neurologist asks me to grade them 1-10!)

Sorry to hear you've still got that headache. I've been taking Diazepam for a tooth/gum problem that no-one has any idea why I'm suffering, and the spin off is my 'morning' headaches are a lot better!! Mind you, now you've mentioned your headache, I can feel I've still got one!! Thanks for reminding me!! ;)

Don't talk to me about people letting you down!!! :(

Malteser Monkey
20-08-2011, 22:24
What's that then ?

Oh Jim if only just not your scene, tattoos, The sun even the sea gulls were more appealing

you lot sorry to hear about the headaches - are you better now ?

cainaries
20-08-2011, 22:30
Sorry to hear you've still got that headache. I've been taking Diazepam for a tooth/gum problem that no-one has any idea why I'm suffering, and the spin off is my 'morning' headaches are a lot better!! Mind you, now you've mentioned your headache, I can feel I've still got one!! Thanks for reminding me!! ;)

Don't talk to me about people letting you down!!! :(

Diazepam for a tooth/gum problem? Which lovely doctor or dentist gave you that then? Luvverly stuff, GFG.

I bought a kind of cappa coffee chilled milkshake this afternoon and guzzled it down before it occurred to me that I should have put a slug of 43 in it.

Oh Jim if only just not your scene, tattoos, The sun even the sea gulls were more appealing

Seagulls with tattoos, MM? Sticks of rock? Kiss-me-Quick hats?

Jimandsi
21-08-2011, 17:32

What you on about MM ? :confused:

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 19:08
Diazepam for a tooth/gum problem? Which lovely doctor or dentist gave you that then? Luvverly stuff, GFG. I've got a couple of boxes Cainaries!! I'm not taking any more after today, I can barely walk!!! OH says I must take them with me when we go on holiday so that I will sit for a while and let him relax!!! :) Didn't do much good for my headache this morning!! :(

I bought a kind of cappa coffee chilled milkshake this afternoon and guzzled it down before it occurred to me that I should have put a slug of 43 in it. Slug of 43 - now you're talking my language!!! Today I've made floater coffees with double cream and Baileys type stuff, but not Baileys 'cos too expensive!! Maybe the several coffees with slugs didn't mix too well with the Diazepam :spin:

Seagulls with tattoos, MM? Sticks of rock? Kiss-me-Quick hats? I think MM must have been on the Slugs too !!! :D ....................

warbey
21-08-2011, 19:38
Quite right GFG these Gulls by the Slipway are really big.
Especially the one with the Anchor tatooed on its Leg.

A Woman in the Amusements with Tatooed Hands as well as a few others.
Deffo not Jimbo's scene.
Meanwhile back at Exeter, who had the 45 thou Fags.??

Goforgold
21-08-2011, 19:47
Quite right GFG these Gulls by the Slipway are really big.
Especially the one with the Anchor tatooed on its Leg.

A Woman in the Amusements with Tatooed Hands as well as a few others.
Deffo not Jimbo's scene.
Meanwhile back at Exeter, who had the 45 thou Fags.??

In this case I think the Customs & Excise men!!! ;) - can you imagine the scams that go on there??!!! :)

warbey
21-08-2011, 20:10
In this case I think the Customs & Excise men!!! ;) - can you imagine the scams that go on there??!!! :)

Last week on Telly We watched Their ndetection Methods.
Fags are obviously there. Why bother.

cainaries
21-08-2011, 22:04
GFG, your post 507. Cos you commented on my post I can't quote your post. (And that's made my brain hurt to start with). I don't think we should be valium dealing on the Forum so I'll write you an email about it. Funnily enough I was skype-chatting with a friend tonight who kept telling me you could buy prescription drugs over the counter in the Canaries. Yeah, you COULD but you CAN'T now.

Wish I had the energy to make a barraquito, it would go down a treat.

warbey
22-08-2011, 20:57
[QUOTE=
Wish I had the energy to make a barraquito, it would go down a treat.[/QUOTE]

With that new Kitchen it should make itself Hun.!
One for Me too please.?

Malteser Monkey
22-08-2011, 22:37
exactly Warbs my kitchen just made me a nice barraquito, thank god! OH went on golf tour to get me my liquor 43 - what a soul mate :D:spin:

cainaries
22-08-2011, 23:04
With that new Kitchen it should make itself Hun.!
One for Me too please.?

The only tricky bit is grinding the beanz. But I'm feeling perkier this evening .. so I'll make us all one .... well, you, me and MM. It's only a small kitchen.

dokgolf
22-08-2011, 23:50
MaxineC, I see that Suej has recommended getting your eyes tested. My sister in law was suffering from debilitating headaches and thought that her eyes were fine. On getting her eyes tested , she found out that she was short sighted. After getting lenses, the headaches disappeared. I know its only a shot in the dark, but it would at least rule out a possibility

MaxineC
23-08-2011, 12:26
Thanks. Eye test is also on the list of possibilities, but it's more likely to be my neck... Seeing neurologist again tonight for results of last scans, we'll decide where to go next after that... driving me totally insane now :(

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 17:40
Me and OH now have glasses for reading, he was suffering migraines before .

How's you today

We have a few members missing for a bit, well I can't be sure they are missing for a bit but they have been missing for a while.....:D

SusieF
IPM
Zara
anyone else ?

everyone ok - just busy ?

warbey
23-08-2011, 18:49

How's you today

We have a few members missing for a bit, well I can't be sure they are missing for a bit but they have been missing for a while.....:D

SusieF
IPM
Zara
anyone else ?

everyone ok - just busy ?

The Penny dropped for Me Monkey..

lovely barraquito that, except I need a larger Cup/mug.

1Leg isnt here much either but cant get rid of Jimbo.
Sue, try to get thye same Red. If available get 50% more as quite a few drinking more,
Me included...

All this food and drink puts on weight.
Ben, the Gym needs extending with wall Bars and various Machines.
Air-con as an option too..

Those more delicate can do Dog walkies two or three times Daily.

Jimandsi
23-08-2011, 21:58

Do you put your teeth in them at night ? :crylaughing:

MaxineC
23-08-2011, 22:37
Well, I'm straight jacket free... at the moment, but it's still a possibility :crazy: Turns out I now also have conjunctivitis (marvellous!) which could be making the headaches worse, so on more meds - I could get a job as a human castanet now :rolleyes:

Down side, if no major improvement by next Tuesday I have to have lumber puncture (sounds bloody painful :eek:) and another MRI scan - they scare the life out of me as I hate enclosed spaces... All in all, I'm feeling pretty bloody miserable and considering hitting the brandy bottle - straight over my head!! :( :cry:

cainaries
23-08-2011, 22:50
Well, I'm straight jacket free... at the moment, but it's still a possibility :crazy: Turns out I now also have conjunctivitis (marvellous!) which could be making the headaches worse, so on more meds - I could get a job as a human castanet now :rolleyes:

Down side, if no major improvement by next Tuesday I have to have lumber puncture (sounds bloody painful :eek:) and another MRI scan - they scare the life out of me as I hate enclosed spaces... All in all, I'm feeling pretty bloody miserable and considering hitting the brandy bottle - straight over my head!! :( :cry:

OMG, Maxine, this all sounds perfectly horrible. Conjunctivitis on its own is enough to make you a wreck. Could certainly add to the headache symptoms.

Have you not been to the chiropractor yet? I still recommend cranial osteopathy. I think we'll all have to send you some 'absent healing'. I don't really believe in all this stuff but sometimes it really does work.

I think you're spreading your gloom as I've had a headache for the last two days. Started down the back of my head but it's moved to the right side now so I feel a bit as though I've been split in two. Fortunately going to the osteopath tomorrow and he's very good.

Hope you feel better.

slodgedad
23-08-2011, 22:54
I know the eye test thing may sound silly but maybe not.

When I was 16 I suffered headaches and thought my eyesight perfect til I was tested.

I was prescribed glasses

Friends used to look through them and thought they were virtually plain glass, but after a week no more headaches...

cainaries
23-08-2011, 23:04
I know the eye test thing may sound silly but maybe not.

When I was 16 I suffered headaches and thought my eyesight perfect til I was tested.

I was prescribed glasses

Friends used to look through them and thought they were virtually plain glass, but after a week no more headaches...

I agree, Slodgey ... it certainly can't hurt! Well worth a check up.

MaxineC
24-08-2011, 01:21
My neck is fine, that was checked today. No good getting my eyes tested until I get rid of this conjunctivitis.

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2011, 23:24
ok no one here - All by myself ..... very Paddy Mcguinness:cheeky:

MaxineC
24-08-2011, 23:29
No, I'm here... just a bit wary of everybody now as everything said here is being twisted round and used against us in other places... Sad people don't have the balls to be a little more open, but no, for kudos they'd rather stitch up the people they claim to be mates with... Quite sad, but more pathetic! :rolleyes:

dokgolf
24-08-2011, 23:33
Is there a bit of backbiting going on again then?

sunspot
24-08-2011, 23:37
No, I'm here... just a bit wary of everybody now as everything said here is being twisted round and used against us in other places... Sad people don't have the balls to be a little more open, but no, for kudos they'd rather stitch up the people they claim to be mates with... Quite sad, but more pathetic! :rolleyes:

Not a problem for the ones on here Max,i agree very sad but thats why they have to have thier own little hideaway

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2011, 23:37
ok where are other places ? I'll have to see tomorrow got to go now bed calling nite huns xx

MaxineC
24-08-2011, 23:42
Not a problem for the ones on here Max,i agree very sad but thats why they have to have thier own little hideaway

But they're not content with that, they're lurking here and twisting everything that's being said. After what I read about myself there, I'm tempted never to post here again... Yes, sad because that means they've won, but better than I end up with a gbh conviction for losing it with one person in particular... I've had it with them! :(

dokgolf
24-08-2011, 23:47
But they're not content with that, they're lurking here and twisting everything that's being said. After what I read about myself there, I'm tempted never to post here again... Yes, sad because that means they've won, but better than I end up with a gbh conviction for losing it with one person in particular... I've had it with them! :(
Don't let the buggers get you down. Btw, how are the headaches?

sunspot
24-08-2011, 23:47

Totally agree, not content with having thier own little place ,they have to take the P--- out of the very people they wanted to play with in the first place......pathetic,dont let them get to you Max,carry on posting and show them you just dont give a dam

MaxineC
24-08-2011, 23:55
Headaches still driving me potty, but not quite as potty as these goons are doing... ;)

Goforgold
25-08-2011, 01:15
Come on Max - life is too short and I'm in need of a laugh :(

MaxineC
25-08-2011, 01:21
Come on Max - life is too short and I'm in need of a laugh :(\

Sorry, I've had my wrists slapped... I shall take my humour to my facebook and twitter page! :(

Andy0210
25-08-2011, 01:37
Maxine, you know as well as i do they are "frickin" idiots (chooses words carefully as swearing isn´t allowed on this respectable forum with respectable members)

Don´t let one person who doesn´t realise what it is like to snap after months of torment put you off, this forum is now becoming what it used to be, a nice place for decent people.

Stay and enjoy the peace and quiet and MATURITY! :)

MaxineC
25-08-2011, 01:47
i agree with some of your sentiments, but disagree with others... on that note I'm out of here. Bye bye ;)

Andy0210
25-08-2011, 01:54
i agree with some of your sentiments, but disagree with others... on that note I'm out of here. Bye bye ;)

See you on facebook! ;)

Goforgold
25-08-2011, 02:39
\

Sorry, I've had my wrists slapped... I shall take my humour to my facebook and twitter page! :(

You can't go - we need to know how you get on with your headaches :nurse2: and how many lengths you've done each day in your 2 foot long pool, :titanic: ..... not forgetting your scintillating wit!!!! :crylaughing:

Added after 2 minutes:

Are you calling me immature?!! :fpull:

Suej
25-08-2011, 09:45
\

Oi enough of all that Max! there´s no need to leave here! take some deep breaths and just IGNORE!!!! What ever has happened it shouldn´t affect your friendships here! :confused:

warbey
25-08-2011, 18:57
Oi enough of all that Max! there´s no need to leave here! take some deep breaths and just IGNORE!!!! What ever has happened it shouldn´t affect your friendships here! :confused:

Wise words Sue. You get them here from those You know.

Suej
26-08-2011, 12:08
Hey MM! Just read your thread! all I say is I agree 100%! Cellar is fully stocked ready for all to enjoy I´ve got friends staying with me so won´t be around as much as usual but just leave a note on my bunk and I´ll re-stock when needed! Sorry couldn´t afford Max´s brandy, expensive tastes that woman...Laters!!! X

Malteser Monkey
26-08-2011, 14:37
Thanks Sue J it wasn't meant to start anything. Just missed the old funny banter.

Max you around - how is ya

cainaries
26-08-2011, 15:15
Hey MM! Just read your thread! all I say is I agree 100%! Cellar is fully stocked ready for all to enjoy I´ve got friends staying with me so won´t be around as much as usual but just leave a note on my bunk and I´ll re-stock when needed! Sorry couldn´t afford Max´s brandy, expensive tastes that woman...Laters!!! X

Which thread is this, Suej and Monkey? Could do with a smile today!:D
Thanks for the restocking, Suej. Looks good so far.

warbey
26-08-2011, 20:04
Which thread is this, Suej and Monkey? Could do with a smile today!:D
Thanks for the restocking, Suej. Looks good so far.

Not as good now though cos I was thirsty. Good job its secure from Lurkers anonymous....

I got great Bacon from the Mercadona. Some left in the fridge.. next to the eggs.
U.H.T. Leche only, semidesnasada

cainaries
26-08-2011, 22:04
Not as good now though cos I was thirsty. Good job its secure from Lurkers anonymous....

I got great Bacon from the Mercadona. Some left in the fridge.. next to the eggs.
U.H.T. Leche only, semidesnasada

Warbey there is a litre bottle of fresh milk carefully hidden in with the chilled wine. Much nicer in a cup of tea.

Not so sure you should have mentioned the bacon, though.:devil2::D

MaxineC
27-08-2011, 01:12
Yes I'm here (getting a feeling of deja vu answering these questions! ;)) Yes, I'm ok, sort of! Yes I still have the headaches. No, I haven't been sectioned... yet! :D

Sue, you're a tight so and so, I'll happily drink Spanish brandy (Magno or Veterano), once you've got over the shock of the first mouthful, the rest of the bottle goes down a treat... I should know, I've drank a few (gross) of bottles - a gross for those that don't know, is not an insult, but 144 bottles! ;)

I shall not comment on the content of any other posts, I'm already in the bad books... :whistle: :D

Malteser Monkey
27-08-2011, 12:03
Good that's the morning register done ! Where's that milk I need another cuppa only just up !

cainaries
27-08-2011, 12:20
Good that's the morning register done ! Where's that milk I need another cuppa only just up !

Sorry, moved it into the 'big' fridge, Lots of teas and coffees ordered this morning. Is it too early for a barraquito, do you suppose?

MaxineC
27-08-2011, 13:03
I'll have a cuppa if the kettles on...

cainaries
27-08-2011, 16:25
I'll have a cuppa if the kettles on...

Is now. How are you, Maxine? .... Did I tell you about our new kitchen btw? Or that OH is rather under the weather? (Sorry about your headache). By the way did you know you can find Ginger Jam in Hiperdino?

MaxineC
27-08-2011, 17:02
Is now. How are you, Maxine? .... Did I tell you about our new kitchen btw? Or that OH is rather under the weather? (Sorry about your headache). By the way did you know you can find Ginger Jam in Hiperdino?

I'm fine thanks Cainaries, feeling calm and serene again... but would feel even better if I could get shot of these darn headaches though :( I so don't want them when I see the doc again on Tuesday, thought of a lumber puncture is frightening the life out of me! :eek:

Sorry to hear your OH is under the weather, hope he's right as rain soon ;) No, didn't know about the new kitchen or the ginger jam... Thanks! :D

cainaries
27-08-2011, 17:50
I'm fine thanks Cainaries, feeling calm and serene again... but would feel even better if I could get shot of these darn headaches though :( I so don't want them when I see the doc again on Tuesday, thought of a lumber puncture is frightening the life out of me! :eek:

Sorry to hear your OH is under the weather, hope he's right as rain soon ;) No, didn't know about the new kitchen or the ginger jam... Thanks! :D

Glad to hear you're calm and serene again. I was just trying out having a me me me conversation in the Dungeon. I've just made OH a cuppa so will pour you another one whilst I'm at it.

Good luck with the lumber puncture. I can't actually remember if I've ever had one, so I probably haven't!

MaxineC
27-08-2011, 18:05
Glad to hear you're calm and serene again. I was just trying out having a me me me conversation in the Dungeon. I've just made OH a cuppa so will pour you another one whilst I'm at it.

Good luck with the lumber puncture. I can't actually remember if I've ever had one, so I probably haven't!

Ahh, so that's what you were up to... did you answer yourself too? :crazy:

Isn't a lumber puncture where they remove some of your spinal fluid? Actually, don't think I want to know too much about it beforehand... I'll just hope there's some sort of pain relief first, or cry a lot! :cry:

cainaries
27-08-2011, 18:25
Ahh, so that's what you were up to... did you answer yourself too? :crazy:

Isn't a lumber puncture where they remove some of your spinal fluid? Actually, don't think I want to know too much about it beforehand... I'll just hope there's some sort of pain relief first, or cry a lot! :cry:

I don't often have sensible conversations with myself, tbh. I bully myself quite a bit though.

You'll be able to be a huge martyr afterwards, get us all running round fetching you things whilst you drape yourself elegantly on a chaise longue.

warbey
27-08-2011, 18:38
Not much Milk left in the Bottle Cainaries.!
Wheres the Bottle of 43.? A Barraraquito is calling. Anyone Else like one.?
Canarian Tomatoes and Mushrooms with the Bacon Tomorrow I think. (About 10.30 ish)

Off to the Club shortly to sink a few Pints.

Maxine, You can have My Brandy. My Dad stayed alive on that for far too long with Canger.
It literally makes Me heave,,

MaxineC
27-08-2011, 19:49
I have a coffee & a brandy thanks, and OH has just popped out to buy more milk... he's so well trained! :D

Draped of a chaise longue, whilst everybody fetches & carries for me, you say? That's got to be worth being a martyr for... bring it on! :D

ps: I owe you all an apology for my rants, I'm sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable, I was out of order bringing in here. ;)

cainaries
27-08-2011, 20:33
I have a coffee & a brandy thanks, and OH has just popped out to buy more milk... he's so well trained! :D

Draped of a chaise longue, whilst everybody fetches & carries for me, you say? That's got to be worth being a martyr for... bring it on! :D

ps: I owe you all an apology for my rants, I'm sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable, I was out of order bringing in here. ;)

Nothing like a well trained OH. I must try and find one.:D

Good luck with the tests, Maxine. Very stress making knowing you've got to have those.

warbey
28-08-2011, 18:48
Nothing wrong with the odd rant Max. We can all do that.

I do hope O.H. knows where to find the Milk in Mercadona. Many don't.

Overslept Breakfast Today, early Lunch instead, so Bacon untouched
The Redtastes good though.

MaxineC
28-08-2011, 19:53
Nothing wrong with the odd rant Max. We can all do that.

I do hope O.H. knows where to find the Milk in Mercadona. Many don't.

Overslept Breakfast Today, early Lunch instead, so Bacon untouched
The Redtastes good though.

We are Warbey, but I still should have respected that some of the people here are personal friends of those i was ranting bout, hence my apology... ;)

OH was fine, I gave him a map... and he gps on his phone! :D

warbey
28-08-2011, 20:02
If I have a Friend with a rant, O.K. We need to know if We put our foot in it
so We can do better.

Does O.H. know He's fitted with a tracker..?.......ha ha

cainaries
28-08-2011, 22:08
If I have a Friend with a rant, O.K. We need to know if We put our foot in it
so We can do better.

Does O.H. know He's fitted with a tracker..?.......ha ha

Perhaps Maxine's OH has got one of those weird 'Intelligent Labels'? I found one of those in something I bought from Marks lately but I couldn't get much info out of it.

MaxineC
29-08-2011, 11:38
Perhaps Maxine's OH has got one of those weird 'Intelligent Labels'? I found one of those in something I bought from Marks lately but I couldn't get much info out of it.

Nah, I'm not intelligent enough to understand them either... :crazy: He has a tracker of sorts, I can check where he is via his phone... I just log into his mobile me account and it shows me exactly where he is! :heyhey:

Anyway, is anybody putting the kettle on, I'm parched...

Malteser Monkey
06-09-2011, 23:45
Kooooooooooeeeee

Can someone put a hot water bottle in my bunk - it's un poquito frio aqui:cheeky:

Goforgold
07-09-2011, 08:20
Kooooooooooeeeee

Can someone put a hot water bottle in my bunk - it's un poquito frio aqui:cheeky:

It was poquito blady frio here too last night - had to get out and find me bed socks and a pyjama jacket to go over the nightie!!

A couple of days ago I ordered one of those electrically heated snuggle throws - I could have done with it last night!! :)

Malteser Monkey
07-09-2011, 10:59
Morning !

it's horrible outside

Goforgold
07-09-2011, 11:02
Morning MM!!

On the way back from the vet it brightened up a treat and warmed up too - looks a little dingy now though!! :)

Was supposed to go to work today but the doggie is very poorly again :(

Malteser Monkey
09-09-2011, 11:02
Morning MM!!

On the way back from the vet it brightened up a treat and warmed up too - looks a little dingy now though!! :)

Was supposed to go to work today but the doggie is very poorly again :(

How are things GFG

Morning Sue J has your visitor returned to UK ?

cainaries
09-09-2011, 12:09
How are things GFG

Morning Monkey. We had mashed potato last night and I have put the small remaining portion in the fridge and remembered it is supposed to go in the freezer. Never mind there was hardly any of it left.

Nothing happening here - what's up with you? Are you back at work? How's it going?

Malteser Monkey
09-09-2011, 12:45
you can still put it in the freezer hun ! think how long food sits in mercadonna before you get it home and do whatever with it ! Although I wouldn't leave it too long as your mash is probably preservative free !

I'm ok thanks and yes back at work and as GFG asked before yes my little toe is better and with me !

only here til 2 tho

are things well over in La Palma ? (I was thinking the other day) I wonder whether you will get any snow this year like last ? don't ask me why

cainaries
09-09-2011, 13:26
you can still put it in the freezer hun ! think how long food sits in mercadonna before you get it home and do whatever with it ! Although I wouldn't leave it too long as your mash is probably preservative free !

I'm ok thanks and yes back at work and as GFG asked before yes my little toe is better and with me !

only here til 2 tho

are things well over in La Palma ? (I was thinking the other day) I wonder whether you will get any snow this year like last ? don't ask me why

I do hope not (the snow!). Our house was freeeezing indoors. Yes, luvverly here at the moment, thanks. OH is in the pool and I am doing the hoovering. Sounds like that '...and then the fight started' thread, doesn't it!

Suej
09-09-2011, 13:28
How are things GFG

My mate left a couple of hours ago MM!:cry: I am hoping he will be back to spend Christmas with us! Hope you have all been behaving down here, cellar will be stocked up later so take it easy in the meantime! Laters!!!!:wave:

Any news on Max?

cainaries
09-09-2011, 13:42
My mate left a couple of hours ago MM!:cry: I am hoping he will be back to spend Christmas with us! Hope you have all been behaving down here, cellar will be stocked up later so take it easy in the meantime! Laters!!!!:wave:

Any news on Max?

Don't think there has been any news of Max since she went into hospital, Suej. Poor thing, worried about her.

Since you mention it, I think a restock is pretty essential. I'm slowly clearing up .. too hot to work fast. Found a lot of empties lying around.

Malteser Monkey
09-09-2011, 13:42
I was just thinking the same bout Max

Ahh well I hope you had a lovely time together hun! Take your time re-stocking - as long as it's done by Emmerdale:thanx:

Suej
09-09-2011, 13:55
Don't think there has been any news of Max since she went into hospital, Suej. Poor thing, worried about her.

Since you mention it, I think a restock is pretty essential. I'm slowly clearing up .. too hot to work fast. Found a lot of empties lying around.

As long as that´s all you found lying around Cainaries! :devil2:

Goforgold
09-09-2011, 14:03
How are things GFG

OK thanks - doggie is still at the vets awaiting a scan, they are busy today. :(

I haven't forgotten - will have to put my thinking cap on, it could be long!! ;)

cainaries
09-09-2011, 15:53
As long as that´s all you found lying around Cainaries! :devil2:

Your OH may be or mine? They do move once the hoover goes on though!

Oh and a few leavings from people who seem to have moved on without bothering to clear up after themselves.;);)

warbey
09-09-2011, 19:33
We Dined out Last Night.
I had Mashed Potatoe with Gravy.................Yummy.....

I left some stuff behind. Its for recycling but couldnt find a receptacle Hun sorry.
Euro directions say It has to be done.........

Sue, the Red's nice, and theres some fresh Cava in the Members Only Storeroom

.Have We any Brandy for Maxi's Convalescence..?

cainaries
09-09-2011, 20:19
My glass is empty, Warbey, where's that cava .... is it in the biiig fridge deep in the Dungeon?

warbey
09-09-2011, 20:35
My glass is empty, Warbey, where's that cava .... is it in the biiig fridge deep in the Dungeon?

Think big Hun, get a Bottle out from the Chiller next to the Fridge..

Yes thats where it is, by the Cupboard of Freshly Laundered Duvets...

Suej
10-09-2011, 14:01
Your OH may be or mine? They do move once the hoover goes on though!

Oh and a few leavings from people who seem to have moved on without bothering to clear up after themselves.;);)

Looks like a Gypsy camp site down here! we better get cleaned up before Max gets back!:mopfloor::dishes::washingmachine::washing:

Goforgold
10-09-2011, 17:45
Looks like a Gypsy camp site down here! we better get cleaned up before Max gets back!:mopfloor::dishes::washingmachine::washing:

Don't talk to me about Gipsies!!! I was reading in the paper this morning, that many of those travellers down south have two homes. The one down South and another registered in a different name in Ireland - crafty eh?!!

cainaries
10-09-2011, 18:01

We certainly had, Suej. Still we've got lots of clothes pegs now for hanging out all that washing.:D:washingline::washingline:

Goforgold
10-09-2011, 18:22
We certainly had, Suej. Still we've got lots of clothes pegs now for hanging out all that washing.:D:washingline::washingline:

Do you need any heather? :)

warbey
10-09-2011, 19:09
Do you need any heather? :)

or fortunes told. ?

Added after 2 minutes:

Don't talk to me about Gipsies!!! I was reading in the paper this morning, that many of those travellers down south have two homes. The one down South and another registered in a different name in Ireland - crafty eh?!!

They are doing as others do. Send the proceeds back Home in Europe or Asia..?

I cant see the difference..

Goforgold
10-09-2011, 19:17
or fortunes told. ?

Added after 2 minutes:

You would if they had set up camp at the bottom of your garden!! :)

warbey
10-09-2011, 19:29
You would if they had set up camp at the bottom of your garden!! :)

Usually three or four times Yearly locally, so Yes, I agree GFG.

There are proposed Sites in the Chester Area at present
The Locals are up in Arms
Who can blame Them.?

cainaries
10-09-2011, 19:51
or fortunes told. ?

Added after 2 minutes:

Most of these others work, Warbey, and contribute to the economy in various ways and pay their council tax and ... oh, don't even get me started on this. Yes, I'd love some heather, GFG, do they pay VAT on it do you suppose?

Goforgold
10-09-2011, 20:06
Most of these others work, Warbey, and contribute to the economy in various ways and pay their council tax and ... oh, don't even get me started on this. Yes, I'd love some heather, GFG, do they pay VAT on it do you suppose?

Don't be silly, they get it from the White Heather Club!! Do you remember that? :)

cainaries
11-09-2011, 09:24
Don't be silly, they get it from the White Heather Club!! Do you remember that? :)

Dimly, GFG, any programme which had bagpipes in it got vetoed by my father!

Suej
11-09-2011, 11:16

By having more than one identity they think they can´t be traced...God knows how they get away with it!:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
11-09-2011, 12:00
We Dined out Last Night.
I had Mashed Potatoe with Gravy.................Yummy.....

You turned veggie Warbs ?

Added after 2 minutes:

Hmmm can't seem to edit or reply easily.

M ornings everyone

Off out be back early evening xxx

warbey
11-09-2011, 19:41
Cajun Chicken with it and peas. Didnt want to make Anyone feel hungry...
(similar to My Meal in "The Albert" the other week).

Malteser Monkey
12-09-2011, 11:37
Bonjour mes amis

Where's oneleg - anyone heard from him ??

cainaries
12-09-2011, 12:59
Bonjour mes amis

Where's oneleg - anyone heard from him ??

Bonjour, Mme Singe

Don't know the French for Maltesers - might be Maltesers.

You're right, OL seems to have disappeared. Could he have hopped over to 'another place'?

Whilst writing - what can you suggest I do (politely) with a dish of cold roasties? I'm not a potato nut, honest. We've got a friend staying and cooked for him last night but he said it was too late to eat (at 8.30). So I've got a dish of roasties to use up. Any thoughts, Mme la pomme-de-terre?

Suej
12-09-2011, 13:02
Bonjour, Mme Singe

Don't know the French for Maltesers - might be Maltesers.

You're right, OL seems to have disappeared. Could he have hopped over to 'another place'?

Whilst writing - what can you suggest I do (politely) with a dish of cold roasties? I'm not a potato nut, honest. We've got a friend staying and cooked for him last night but he said it was too late to eat (at 8.30). So I've got a dish of roasties to use up. Any thoughts, Mme la pomme-de-terre?

You can warm mine up and bung a dollop of mayo on the side please! Thanks Cainaries, just in time for lunch!:yum::hungry:Anyone for a cuppa! or is it too late for tea!;)

Malteser Monkey
12-09-2011, 13:12
Roasties are difficult I would try putting them in the micro just to warm them then fry on a high heat in a pan with a lid on to stop any oil spitting. This should crisp them up again

Let me know - depends on the potatoes too what type

8.30 too late - good grief ? !

Suej
12-09-2011, 13:14
Roasties are difficult I would try putting them in the micro just to warm them then fry on a high heat in a pan with a lid on to stop any oil spitting. This should crisp them up again

Let me know - depends on the potatoes too what type

I´ve found most potatoes here roast really well! except the little Canarian ones of course! Well if no one else is interested I suppose I could manage them all!:yum:

MaxineC
12-09-2011, 20:13
Yoo hooo ladies.... I'm back - still with headaches, but slightly reduced ones ;)

Right, have I missed anything, apart from the gypsies... Arrgghhh, hate the bloody things! Ok, who's going to put the kettle on and pour me a humongous brandy... I'm ill and have got used to people doing everything for me! :rofl: :rofl: :D

Malteser Monkey
13-09-2011, 13:21
Yoo hooo ladies.... I'm back - still with headaches, but slightly reduced ones ;)

Right, have I missed anything, apart from the gypsies... Arrgghhh, hate the bloody things! Ok, who's going to put the kettle on and pour me a humongous brandy... I'm ill and have got used to people doing everything for me! :rofl: :rofl: :D

Now why would the brandy be in the kettle - are you sure you should be home - did you sign yourself out ????:cheeky:

good to have you back - poor old Medman's not known what to do with himself

So any better today - off to read your i'm back thread

Cainaries how were the spuds ?

MaxineC
13-09-2011, 14:52
Poor Medman, I'd better get over there and give him some grief to cheer him up... :D

Still got the headache, but not as severe as it was. Taking all these tablets is making me gag though - need to take 21 a day :eek: Whether or not I'm safe to be let loose remains to be seen... :crazy:

Malteser Monkey
13-09-2011, 14:55
21 washed down with a large brandy - def not safe, you'll be falling down holes like Kirsty:cheeky:

warbey
13-09-2011, 19:26
Just found an empty Brandy Bottle in the Bin..... Is Max back..?

Joking of course.
Good to see Your Posts Max!

Any Tea in the Pot Sue. Ive some roasties here with Sausage. Go down a treat
Thanks Cainaries, any seconds.?

Goforgold
13-09-2011, 20:21
Come on Warbs put a photo on that thread!! Dare you!!! :)

warbey
13-09-2011, 20:48
Come on Warbs put a photo on that thread!! Dare you!!! :)

I was Father Christmas in M.+ S. a fewe Years back..
would that do..?

Goforgold
13-09-2011, 21:05

Good to have you back Max. :)

By having more than one identity they think they can´t be traced...God knows how they get away with it!:whistle:

Do you think Gypsies eat 'nibbles' or are they only for queens? ;)

MaxineC
13-09-2011, 23:15
God I could murder a brandy, but being sensible... only because we haven't got any in so I can't be tempted! ;)

So, did I miss anything exciting, apart from a gypsy invasion.... dirty, untrustworthy, thieving gits that they are. Having said that, I could do with some more pegs, could have left the money with one of you to buy me some....

cainaries
14-09-2011, 00:25
God I could murder a brandy, but being sensible... only because we haven't got any in so I can't be tempted! ;)

So, did I miss anything exciting, apart from a gypsy invasion.... dirty, untrustworthy, thieving gits that they are. Having said that, I could do with some more pegs, could have left the money with one of you to buy me some....

We got loads of pegs and heather when they passed through the Dungeon. But the mess....urrrgh. Haven't noticed any returning slaves ... yet!

We did put a bottle by for you Maxine but who knows what's happened in the last 24 hours. Even the re-heated roasties have all disappeared. If anyone's going past a recycling place tomorrow please take all the empties to throw in the glass one, thanks.

Suej
14-09-2011, 14:47
Good to have you back Max. :)

Do you think Gypsies eat 'nibbles' or are they only for queens? ;)

Sausage rolls (homemade of course) and Quiche? canapes might be a bit too posh!:laugh:

Goforgold
14-09-2011, 15:03
Is that quiche made with lemons? :)

Suej
14-09-2011, 15:38
Is that quiche made with lemons? :)

Loads of ´em!!! where is Dokgolf? still out buying an oven?:yum:

Goforgold
14-09-2011, 18:48
Loads of ´em!!! where is Dokgolf? still out buying an oven?:yum:

Looks like it Suej!!! Probably gone down the scrapyard for it!!

MaxineC
14-09-2011, 18:58
Stuff this, I'm off out to buy some brandy... Was just sat chatting to Kirsty on the phone and could feel something on my lip... My nose is bleeding!!!

I've had enough of this now, going to drink myself into a coma...

cainaries
14-09-2011, 19:18
Stuff this, I'm off out to buy some brandy... Was just sat chatting to Kirsty on the phone and could feel something on my lip... My nose is bleeding!!!

I wouldn't go so far as the coma, Maxine, but 'a little of what you fancy does you good' as OH says when he opens the second and subsequent bottles of wine. I was SURE there was some brandy down here. It's very well hidden, it seems.

warbey
14-09-2011, 19:44
She;s found it now. We got it in for Her so I told Her where it was.!
Anyone fancy a round of toast. The Bread's going stale and needs using up.
We can manage a slice of Tortilla too

Suej
14-09-2011, 19:56

I put it under your bunk Max! I know you got a headache so ask Warbs to get it out for ya! the brandy that is!:laugh:

cainaries
14-09-2011, 20:35
She;s found it now. We got it in for Her so I told Her where it was.!
Anyone fancy a round of toast. The Bread's going stale and needs using up.
We can manage a slice of Tortilla too

We're doing a Kate and Sidney here tonight - might stretch to a few extra portions ...

Suej
14-09-2011, 20:43
We're doing a Kate and Sidney here tonight - might stretch to a few extra portions ...

Helloooo! who´s Kate and Sidney?:confused:Newbies?

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2011, 12:18
Sue J sometimes I don't know what to do with you.

Steak and Kidney I think ?

Right I am just going to have a little say down here so I don't make too much of a fuss - just 1/2 posts not bugging but just make me think....why ???

The British butcher ? Why I was quite happy going to any Canarian supermarket to buy meat - and to be honest with as many local/typical restaurants out there it was just a cheap to eat out. I don't mean your Aberdeen Angus places I mean Pedro's (coz it was the name of a place I used to frequent) on the corner or somewhere in the mountains etc.

Now the female waitress - Warbs made a comment about should you say male or female. Well here in Britain that's how it is you have to say person full stop !

Let's leave Tenerife the way it is - you make it too British and you'll spoil it's traditionality (is that a real word LOL) . You've got your sky+ and your sun - Years back it was Canal + and the sun :D

I'm just an old fashioned kinda girl - not looking for any rants - just a simple view:spin:

Jimandsi
16-09-2011, 13:14
Let's leave Tenerife the way it is - you make it too British and you'll spoil it's traditionality (is that a real word LOL) . You've got your sky+ and your sun - Years back it was Canal + and the sun :D

You should have seen it 30 odd years ago MM, before the Brits arrived, it was so much more traditional. :whistle:

cainaries
16-09-2011, 13:33
Sue J sometimes I don't know what to do with you.

Steak and Kidney I think ?

Right I am just going to have a little say down here so I don't make too much of a fuss - just 1/2 posts not bugging but just make me think....why ???

The British butcher ? Why I was quite happy going to any Canarian supermarket to buy meat - and to be honest with as many local/typical restaurants out there it was just a cheap to eat out. I don't mean your Aberdeen Angus places I mean Pedro's (coz it was the name of a place I used to frequent) on the corner or somewhere in the mountains etc.

Now the female waitress - Warbs made a comment about should you say male or female. Well here in Britain that's how it is you have to say person full stop !

I'm just an old fashioned kinda girl - not looking for any rants - just a simple view:spin:

Yes, Steak and Kidney. A nice traditional Spanish dish! You can take the chica out of England (or Wales) MM, but you can't take England or Wales out of the chica. I saw a programme years ago about a British sausage maker who had moved to Goa. He started making sausages just for himself and his family and friends and ended up with a flourishing business. I mentioned this to Ed3229 when he started the sausages thread and I think he's just interested to see how it might go quite simply because he'd never thought about it.

Also, just to be controversial since we're in the dungeon, we have Spanish friends who are very fed up with the expats who want to come to the Canary Islands and treat them like some kind of historical relic. They want to be modern and move with the times. They don't want our imports (like British butchers) but they do want to live in a modern way .. like they see in American films!

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2011, 13:55
You should have seen it 30 odd years ago MM, before the Brits arrived, it was so much more traditional. :whistle:

my first visit there was 27 years ago so I know exactly where you're coming from Jimbo !

Ello and how the devil are you ?

Jimandsi
16-09-2011, 15:14
I'm doing fine thanks MM - just getting ready for our trip to Tenerife.

Hope you're keeping well.

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2011, 15:16
I'm doing fine thanks MM - just getting ready for our trip to Tenerife.

Hope you're keeping well.

you off tonight ? how long for ?.......................(look out everyone:D)

Yes I'm not too bad thanks mate xx

Suej
16-09-2011, 15:31
Places and people have to change though, I prefer the new Tenerife tbh.:D

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2011, 15:35

but in their own time and at their own pace :D

get back to painting !!!!

Goforgold
16-09-2011, 15:37

I prefer the new Tenerife, but it would be nice to have some more of the traditional bars from 20 years back.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what happened to the cantina which I now know was in Guaza - I didn't know it at the time!! :) It must have been knocked down for the dual carriage. Did it go altogether or get moved? Great local food at cheap prices.

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2011, 15:42
I prefer the new Tenerife, but it would be nice to have some more of the traditional bars from 20 years back.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what happened to the cantina which I now know was in Guaza - I didn't know it at the time!! :) It must have been knocked down for the dual carriage. Did it go altogether or get moved? Great local food at cheap prices.

Which bars - name us a few hun

Suej
16-09-2011, 15:46
but in their own time and at their own pace :D

get back to painting !!!!

20 years? That´s plenty of time! LOL!!! finished painting for the day, isn´t it time you were going home?:neener::laugh:

Goforgold
16-09-2011, 16:12
Which bars - name us a few hun

The Liquid Trap, Los Cris. There is a Scottish Bar in it's place now. :(

I don't know the names of them all, but they were run by Spanish, Canarians, or Cubans - it was exciting and different in those days. :)

There was a bar in San Telmo, must have been knocked down to make the steps to Las Vistas Beach. There was another small bar in Los Cris, open all night. If I couldn't sleep I'd just get up and go down there until the early hours. :) No idea where is was though!! :) Probably been knocked down too.

cainaries
16-09-2011, 16:26

There is a plan to build a motorway on La Palma. It will pass verrry close to us if they ever build it. Two of our Spanish friends really really want it, we are being nimbies, naturally. One of the reasons for wanting it was a petulant 'Well they've got motorways in Tenerife'!!

Jimandsi
16-09-2011, 21:20
you off tonight ? how long for ?.......................(look out everyone:D)

Yes I'm not too bad thanks mate xx

Early next week for a couple of weeks. :wave:

Malteser Monkey
16-09-2011, 21:51
Bleedin' hell what you taking. I used to pack on the night - you're delivering The Sun and Ink for the fortnight ?? you cheeky so and so

:D:D

MaxineC
16-09-2011, 22:59
I'm with you on this subject MM... It riles me enormously when I read people harping on about wanting/preferring English this, that and the other! If it's that important to them they should bugger off back to the UK!

Yes, some things about life here can be niggling, but it's also part of the charm...

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 08:55
Exacatamente mujer !

Goforgold
17-09-2011, 09:04
Exacatamente mujer !

I put some of the bars on MM - I don't remember their names, not the sort of thing I took much notice off in those days - too busy doing other things!!

Did you ever go to a place out in the mountains, it was a wooden type place, tall ceilings with things hanging off them and it did the rabbit and garlic etc. On the way up there, you passed this bar on the corner in the middle of no-where. Also there was a bar on the left hand side on the way to Adeje, sort of perched on the edge of the road. All these atmospheric old bars have gone now :(.

I've a feeling the rabbit place was on the road you now take for Chayofa.

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 09:29
I put some of the bars on MM - I don't remember their names, not the sort of thing I took much notice off in those days - too busy doing other things!!

Did you ever go to a place out in the mountains, it was a wooden type place, tall ceilings with things hanging off them and it did the rabbit and garlic etc. On the way up there, you passed this bar on the corner in the middle of no-where. Also there was a bar on the left hand side on the way to Adeje, sort of perched on the edge of the road. All these atmospheric old bars have gone now :(.

I've a feeling the rabbit place was on the road you now take for Chayofa.

Internet Explorer playing up this morning - really difficult to reply takes ages.

GFG I will come back top you RAC about to turn up to sort out my car. Not had me sarnie yet !

Goforgold
17-09-2011, 09:38
She's like the Scarlett blady Pimpernel!!!! :(

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 10:10
:rofl:

I'm sorry back now and going to get me bacon sarnie

Goforgold
17-09-2011, 10:23
You can't still be making the sarnie?

Since the RAC man came, I've been 'walking' around Puerto de la Cruz and allsorts!! :)

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 10:36
Mmmmmm Mushrooms fried in butter:yum: and a nice cuppa rosie

I had to wait outside with the RAC fella of course

Walking round Puerto - what you up to ?

Goforgold
17-09-2011, 10:43
I had to wait outside with the RAC fella of course

Why?? Was he good looking ??!! ;)

Suej
17-09-2011, 10:54
Hi you peeps! you lot up for trouble today? Brekka sounds wonderful MM! bring it on!!!:yum:

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 11:03
I was just keeping an eye on his tool box:cheeky::D

Morning Sue J - you want an egg with yours ??

Always up for a bit of banter !

Goforgold
17-09-2011, 11:08

Had he got a big Monkey wrench in there??!! ;)

Added after 5 minutes:

Morning Sue J - you want an egg with yours ??

Always up for a bit of banter !

Or bantom!! :D Chickens? Eggs? :spin:

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 11:14
Is that what it was:wow:

You learn something new everyday:cheeky:

Suej
17-09-2011, 11:40
Why?? Was he good looking ??!! ;)

Are they ever? :bootyshake:

Added after 2 minutes:

Had he got a big Monkey wrench in there??!! ;)

Added after 5 minutes:

Or bantom!! :D Chickens? Eggs? :spin:

Eggs too please! don´t do diets! anything fried will be perfect! is someone telling me to watch my colly-whatsit-estrol! Nah wrong thread!:crylaughing:

MaxineC
17-09-2011, 13:33
Internet Explorer playing up this morning - really difficult to reply takes ages.

GFG I will come back top you RAC about to turn up to sort out my car. Not had me sarnie yet !

Get Firefox MM, IE is such a pile of poo....

Btw, make me a bacon butty whilst you're at it please, not had one for months & months... :yum:

Added after 6 minutes:

Btw ladies, sit somewhere safe, I have news...

Today I have woken up without a headache!!!! Hooo-bloody-rah!! :heyhey:

Let's celebrate, somebody open the champers! :D

Goforgold
17-09-2011, 14:16
Btw ladies, sit somewhere safe, I have news...

Today I have woken up without a headache!!!! Hooo-bloody-rah!! :heyhey:

Let's celebrate, somebody open the champers! :D

Fantastic news Max :) Now don't get celebrating with alcohol as you'll then get another one!! ;)

Seriously though, you must be so pleased - I think you've passed them on to me, as I've had some real nasty ones this week and even the migraine med didn't shift them properly - so may be not a migraine ?!!!

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 14:34
funny you should say that GFG over the 2 weeks I have 1 that lasted 2 days and 2 others thankfully not too bad. Never suffered them before

Anyway great news Max I will celebrate for you when I get back from Tesco's restocked ! Let's hope it stays that way eh !

Right I will clear all these plates away - Who left the top off the ketchup bottle ?

Suej
17-09-2011, 14:41
funny you should say that GFG over the 2 weeks I have 1 that lasted 2 days and 2 others thankfully not too bad. Never suffered them before

Anyway great news Max I will celebrate for you when I get back from Tesco's restocked ! Let's hope it stays that way eh !

Right I will clear all these plates away - Who left the top off the ketchup bottle ?

Not me! hate ketchup! OH eats it on most things! Yeuch!:tongue:

Goforgold
17-09-2011, 15:18
Not me! hate ketchup! OH eats it on most things! Yeuch!:tongue:

Too much information Suej!! :ashamed:

warbey
17-09-2011, 18:36
That got Me going.

R A C with a monkey wrench to help MM.

Best of the Week..
Thanks......

cainaries
17-09-2011, 19:33
Will there be another of those delicious sounding breakfasts tomorrow by any chance? We are leading surreal lives this weekend getting up at 4.15 to watch the rugby and sleeping all afternoon to catch up.

Delighted to hear Maxine's headache has FINALLY faded away. When a really bad headache goes I feel like a new person.

Is there any champagne left?

warbey
17-09-2011, 20:05
Ive got some on one side. I'll get it out. Need some Ice from the Mercado, next to the Milk I think..
Bacon butties are great. I like to break an egg over it whilst cooking, including the Yolk
Cook until not runny anymore. Does for Me.
Any Tea in the Pot.?

Great news Max. Perhaps the nosebleed relieved the pressure.?

cainaries
17-09-2011, 22:24
Ive got some on one side. I'll get it out. Need some Ice from the Mercado, next to the Milk I think..
Bacon butties are great. I like to break an egg over it whilst cooking, including the Yolk
Cook until not runny anymore. Does for Me.
Any Tea in the Pot.?

Great news Max. Perhaps the nosebleed relieved the pressure.?

You could be right about Max, how interesting.

Glass of cava about now would be great. And after that may be a barraquito.

Meantime ... do you break the egg over the bacon whilst it's frying? Do you toast the bread for the sarnie (two views in this house on that one). We will be up at 4.15 as mentioned earlier, so a bacon sarnie about 6 with HP fruity on the side will be just brill. And a large cup of rosie as you say.

Malteser Monkey
17-09-2011, 22:47
That got Me going.

R A C with a monkey wrench to help MM.

Best of the Week..
Thanks......

They're such a tease Warbs - bless him filled my tyres !

Will there be another of those delicious sounding breakfasts tomorrow by any chance? We are leading surreal lives this weekend getting up at 4.15 to watch the rugby and sleeping all afternoon to catch up.

Delighted to hear Maxine's headache has FINALLY faded away. When a really bad headache goes I feel like a new person.

Is there any champagne left?

Good grief and you're up now ??? in my un typed gomeran vete pa la cama mujer !

I got the old bill coming round tomorrow I've had 6 new tyres in the last six months, some f%%%% idiot is playing stupid wotsits .

No reason for it OH has a porche and son has a lovely mazda out back so why spike my 1999 renault - think it's kids as they have been messing around out the back defacing people's garages. Still costs me £70 a tyre that's why I called the boys in blue. Am so mad ! arghhhhhhh

need a little refill:cheeky:

MaxineC
18-09-2011, 00:02
Well I've gone all day without a headache (ok, there was a very slight niggle for a couple of hours this afternoon, but only slight) and I even managed to have an hour by the pool without being doubled over in pain... My god, I can't tell you how good it feels after more than 7 weeks.... I want to scream from the rooftop, but guessing my neighbours wouldn't appreciate that! :D

I'm actually looking forward to waking up tomorrow! :heyhey:

Suej
18-09-2011, 12:06
Too much information Suej!! :ashamed:

Nah GFG you´re thinking about OH´s chocolate habit! :devil2:

cainaries
18-09-2011, 12:47
Well I've gone all day without a headache (ok, there was a very slight niggle for a couple of hours this afternoon, but only slight) and I even managed to have an hour by the pool without being doubled over in pain... My god, I can't tell you how good it feels after more than 7 weeks.... I want to scream from the rooftop, but guessing my neighbours wouldn't appreciate that! :D

I'm actually looking forward to waking up tomorrow! :heyhey:

And how are you, Maxine?

Great bacon rolls this morning, btw. Pity none of you were around when I made them!

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 09:56
So who's on butty duty this morning ?? Can I have Richmond skinless sausg for a change - hold the butter ta !

I'll put kettle on

wearing my hair like yours today SueJ

Suej
19-09-2011, 12:57
So who's on butty duty this morning ?? Can I have Richmond skinless sausg for a change - hold the butter ta !

I'll put kettle on

wearing my hair like yours today SueJ

What like this?1414

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 12:58
What like this?1414

Now who's on form today !! that was me at 6.30 !

Suej
19-09-2011, 13:00
Now who's on form today !! that was me at 6.30 !

That´s me NOW! the Hair Fairies visit me most nights!:sleeping:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 13:38
where's Cainaries gone - she was lurking - probably back to bed "

That's it with you lot over there, up at lunchtime then back to bed for a siesta and partying all night (oops sorry that was me :D)

cainaries
19-09-2011, 13:50
where's Cainaries gone - she was lurking - probably back to bed "

That's it with you lot over there, up at lunchtime then back to bed for a siesta and partying all night (oops sorry that was me :D)

Sorry Monkey, I did just pass through, waiting for the kitchen floor to dry. Been having a bit of a clean up down here. Salad lunch on offer very shortly (once I can walk on the floor).:mopfloor:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 13:53
I'd prefer mine on a plate if you have any over there:crylaughing::D

Suej
19-09-2011, 13:58
I'd prefer mine on a plate if you have any over there:crylaughing::D

The floor is cleaner than the plates MM! they´re still in the sink with last night´s curry on ´em!eek2:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 14:03
The floor is cleaner than the plates MM! they´re still in the sink with last night´s curry on ´em!eek2:

Well if she's just serving salad may need a bit of curry to fill us up ? I can't run on thin air you know. Any bread n butter ?

Suej
19-09-2011, 14:40
Hmm! the curry is crusty and the papdoms are soggy!!! give it a miss I think! cheese and raw onion sambo will be fine for me!:yum:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 14:51
Hmm! the curry is crusty and the papdoms are soggy!!! give it a miss I think! cheese and raw onion sambo will be fine for me!:yum:

it's an improvement on what she usually serves up :tongue::D

Bit of queso blanco de cabra for me ! (ohhh if only):yum:

Suej
19-09-2011, 15:17
it's an improvement on what she usually serves up :tongue::D

Bit of queso blanco de cabra for me ! (ohhh if only):yum:

If you mean that Kate & Sydney they were as tough as old boots!!!:fryingpan:

cainaries
19-09-2011, 15:31
Have to buy Kate and Sydney from Ed the Farm Shop Butcher. Otherwise, I agree, can be a little chewy. Hope you enjoyed your cheese and onion sarnie, Suej. I had mine with :spam:

Dunno who left the dishes in the sink (Warbey??) but I've got the dish-washer running now (lovely girl).:dishes:

Malteser Monkey
19-09-2011, 15:31

overcooked - she nodded off whilst it was in the oven.

Added after 2 minutes:

Have to buy Kate and Sydney from Ed the Farm Shop Butcher. Otherwise, I agree, can be a little chewy. Hope you enjoyed your cheese and onion sarnie, Suej. I had mine with :spam:

Dunno who left the dishes in the sink (Warbey??) but I've got the dish-washer running now (lovely girl).:dishes:

Yes SusieF does her best :D

warbey
19-09-2011, 18:22
You could be right about Max, how interesting.

Glass of cava about now would be great. And after that may be a barraquito.

Meantime ... do you break the egg over the bacon whilst it's frying? Do you toast the bread for the sarnie (two views in this house on that one). We will be up at 4.15 as mentioned earlier, so a bacon sarnie about 6 with HP fruity on the side will be just brill. And a large cup of rosie as you say.

Egg over cooking Bacon just before its cooked to Your liking.
Medium slices of Plain Bread. or one half dipped in Fat remaining in Pan...

I am well trained. Wasnt My Dishes in the sink.. Try Jimbo.?

cainaries
19-09-2011, 19:12
Egg over cooking Bacon just before its cooked to Your liking.
Medium slices of Plain Bread. or one half dipped in Fat remaining in Pan...

I am well trained. Wasnt My Dishes in the sink.. Try Jimbo.?

Thanks, Warbey. Didn't really think they were your dishes but couldn't think who else it might have been. Somehow I can't imagine Jimbo eating curry though I don't know why not. Perhaps one of those travellers popped back for the night.

warbey
20-09-2011, 18:15
Thanks, Warbey. Didn't really think they were your dishes but couldn't think who else it might have been. Somehow I can't imagine Jimbo eating curry though I don't know why not. Perhaps one of those travellers popped back for the night.

12 bore shotgun next to Key Hooks. Already loaded and cocked.

cainaries
20-09-2011, 18:35
12 bore shotgun next to Key Hooks. Already loaded ande cocked.

Better pull up the drawbridge as well, I think.

Malteser Monkey
22-09-2011, 13:57
Travellers ? who let them in ? Did they pay ?

Crikey look out - Max is out of bed ! - some of us have been up since 6

cainaries
22-09-2011, 14:53
You were up early then, MM, are you always up at 6? I tend to think of 6 as being the middle of the night.

Malteser Monkey
22-09-2011, 15:01
yes this week - normally 6.20 - only when working - other than that I always lie in whether asleep or not - it's good to rest:sleeping::D

How things change - when I was over there that would be the time I'd be rolling home :D:spin:

ok what time does everyone else get up

Max we know anything after midday:crazy:

Goforgold
22-09-2011, 16:23
yes this week - normally 6.20 - only when working - other than that I always lie in whether asleep or not - it's good to rest:sleeping::D

How things change - when I was over there that would be the time I'd be rolling home :D:spin:

ok what time does everyone else get up

Max we know anything after midday:crazy:

Like you when I lived over in Tenerife, I would often get home just in time to get ready for work!! :) Couldn't do that now though!!

These days I get up anywhere between 6am and 8am - I have to get up as usually I wake up with a headache and if I were to lie in I'd definitely get a headache ! :(

Suej
22-09-2011, 16:35
:hello:Morning all! how are we all today? Am I too late for brekka!:ashamed:

Malteser Monkey
22-09-2011, 16:47
:hello:Morning all! how are we all today? Am I too late for brekka!:ashamed:

over there ?? naaaaa and it's afternoon rolleyes2::cheeky:

Added after 3 minutes:

Like you when I lived over in Tenerife, I would often get home just in time to get ready for work!! :) Couldn't do that now though!!

In my last job I didn't start til midday and when in the bars it was always evening work - ahhh the good old days

I can honestly say even 11 years on I am still NOT a morning person !

Goforgold
22-09-2011, 16:57
over there ?? naaaaa and it's afternoon rolleyes2::cheeky:

Added after 3 minutes:

In my last job I didn't start til midday and when in the bars it was always evening work - ahhh the good old days

I can honestly say even 11 years on I am still NOT a morning person !

I had to be in work for 9.00am - I don't know how I managed and still with a hangover too!! ;)

Suej
22-09-2011, 17:01
It´s started raining here!!!!!!!!!!eek2::cry:

cainaries
22-09-2011, 19:53
It´s started raining here!!!!!!!!!!eek2::cry:

Been pretty horrible all day here, Suej. Thunderstorms at breakfast time (i.e. about 9!) and rain and more storms off and on all day. Not what is expected in September but OH thrilled as lots of water fell on his garden.

Goforgold
22-09-2011, 20:15
It's been lovely here :)

warbey
22-09-2011, 20:23
Its been quite nice here too, but theres a nip in the air this last week.

Someone warned snow in October. I bought a wooly jumper earlier in case.

Watching the Box is getting a bit chilly too, later on...

I l like to get up between 9 and 10.
An earlier Thread proved We were mostly Late/night People too.

cainaries
22-09-2011, 20:30

Have you got your telly outside then, Warbey?! Ours certainly wouldn't have worked outside today ... hardly worked inside.

Goforgold
22-09-2011, 20:38

Does this mean you only own one woolly jumper? :)

Speak for yourself Warbs, I'm usually in bed by 9.30pm at the latest these days!! ;)

warbey
22-09-2011, 20:39
Have you got your telly outside then, Warbey?! Ours certainly wouldn't have worked outside today ... hardly worked inside.

Inside Hun, and Insulated too. Just sometimes feels like outside.
17 here earlier and a sort of misty day. Some sunshine but moist air too.
BBBBBBBBRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just checked current temp at 2045 and its 14.. a slightly chilly North Wales..

Goforgold
22-09-2011, 20:40
Inside Hun, and Insulated too. Just sometimes feels like outside.
17 here earlier and a sort of misty day. Some sunshine but moist air too.
BBBBBBBBRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You are living in North Wales !! :)

Malteser Monkey
23-09-2011, 10:58
You are living in North Wales !! :)

He is ! he's east I'm west !

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 14:55
He is ! he's east I'm west !

You'll both need to order your Snugglies - they are lovely, ordered another last week!! :) Plug 'em in and you're like toast in 20 secs!! :) Washable too :) OH said he was going to get me a bowl of water to put my feet into when it's wrapped around me, just to see if it is washable!! :eek:

Susief
23-09-2011, 17:37
You'll both need to order your Snugglies - they are lovely, ordered another last week!! :) Plug 'em in and you're like toast in 20 secs!! :) Washable too :) OH said he was going to get me a bowl of water to put my feet into when it's wrapped around me, just to see if it is washable!! :eek:

Are they for cold feet GFG? Suffer badly with them!
Never have cold feet when in Tenerife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 17:52
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homefront-Washable-Electric-Chocolate-Overblanket/dp/B001IRYFJG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get electrically heated slippers :) The things we have bought are a fleece type throw which can be used on top of the bed or you can sit under them on the settee. We had a very cold day a few weeks ago, OH was poorly and he lay under the throw on the settee and it was lovely. Found it on Amazon. £32 with delivery.

Homefront Pure Luxury Soft Washable Electric Heated Chocolate Throw/Overblanket (9 Heat Settings)
Sold by: Direct Sales (seller profile)

Link has ended up at the top of the post!! There is another blanket that comes up if you do a search. which isn't the same one, so I've put the link on in case anyone is interested.

warbey
23-09-2011, 20:16
Does this mean you only own one woolly jumper? :)

Speak for yourself Warbs, I'm usually in bed by 9.30pm at the latest these days!! ;)

A. I live in Wales - Sheep = a few more than one.!

B. Watch it.. You sound like a Pensioner.....lol

Goforgold
23-09-2011, 20:28
A. I live in Wales - Sheep = a few more than one.!

B. Watch it.. You sound like a Pensioner.....lol

As the nights draw in, I shall be going to bed even earlier, sometimes it could be 7.00pm - in the adjustable bed, tv on, Kindle at the ready!! ;) You can't beat it!! :)

Glad to hear you've got more than one woolley Warbs!! :)

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 13:10

Do you not have socks in Lancashire?

cainaries
26-09-2011, 15:15

I'd unplug it first if I were you.

Goforgold
26-09-2011, 15:26
I'd unplug it first if I were you.

I don't think unplugging it is quite OH's idea!! ;)

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2011, 15:38
I don't think unplugging it is quite OH's idea!! ;)

a cheap perm hun !

cainaries
26-09-2011, 15:42
a cheap perm hun !

And they'll stay warm.

Suej
26-09-2011, 16:34
And they'll stay warm.

I bought a snuggle blanket with sleeves! I still get cold here some nights in the winter! but it´s not electric!!!:(:cry:

Goforgold
26-09-2011, 17:01
I bought a snuggle blanket with sleeves! I still get cold here some nights in the winter! but it´s not electric!!!:(:cry:

You don't need electric you lucky thing!! :)

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2011, 12:30
Anyone seen Max ?

warbey
27-09-2011, 19:40
Busy Day Yeaterday. MM was nearest Member cos I was in St Asaph at a Meeting.
All this talk of Bed Snuggles and Duvets makes Me wonder. Did the Human race ever
Hibernate.
Opposit to GFG the Later it is the less I like the idea of Bed.

about halfeleven to twelve, but later the next morning Hun, I bet..

warbey
29-09-2011, 19:21
Hi all inmates....... this is like solitary..!

What about My Human rights.....?

Goforgold
29-09-2011, 19:26
Hi all inmates....... this is like solitary..!

What about My Human rights.....?

You 'aint got none - on account of you livin' in Wales!!! :D

warbey
29-09-2011, 19:31
You 'aint got none - on account of you livin' in Wales!!! :D

More truth in that statement than You realise.

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2011, 10:37
come in Max, over

MaxineC
05-10-2011, 15:49
I'm here!!! Was having some probs accessing the threads, I only seemed able to get the arcade.... think I must have had a blonde moment one night and pressed something I shouldn't ???

Anyway, all sorted now.... Downside, I still feel like poo :cry:

cainaries
05-10-2011, 19:52
I'm here!!! Was having some probs accessing the threads, I only seemed able to get the arcade.... think I must have had a blonde moment one night and pressed something I shouldn't ???

Anyway, all sorted now.... Downside, I still feel like poo :cry:

Sorry to hear that, Max. I haven't been feeling brill myself. It might be a virus or it might not. And 'there's a lot of it about'. ah well. Only solution I can see is to open another bottle of vino to numb the pains.

So .... cheers everyone!

warbey
05-10-2011, 20:12
Sorry You both feel Yuck.

One or two Hangovers Today I hear too.
Must have been good at Eric's Party.. Wish We had been there.
as for Everyone knowing You Max, sorry. that comes with fame......lol

MaxineC
05-10-2011, 20:43
Haha, I was gobsmacked I didn't get chance to even say who I was.... They all knew instantly, and I didn't even have my spotty shoes on! :D

Don't think this weather is helping my situation, I feel like I'm living in the Amazon, it's so stifling... not even cooling down at night :(

Malteser Monkey
06-10-2011, 09:30
It was like that in London the last week - too hot to sleep - incredible !

So who went to Ecky's do ? Did Carol flash the cash ?:cheeky:

MaxineC
06-10-2011, 19:02
Need to vanish for a while, things have all gone a bit t***s up... in a terrible pickle (not my health, though that's suddenly nose-dived after the news today). Will speak to you all again if & when things improve...

Look after yourselves xxx

warbey
06-10-2011, 19:29
Need to vanish for a while, things have all gone a bit t***s up... in a terrible pickle (not my health, though that's suddenly nose-dived after the news today). Will speak to you all again if & when things improve...

Look after yourselves xxx

Sounds serious. Hope its not that bad...
No doubt We will still be here, (those thats left)

Hows You today Cainaries. better I hope..?

Tippling down here at present. Chilly too, the 24 was nice till Monday though..
its 7.35 now..

cainaries
06-10-2011, 22:24
Sounds serious. Hope its not that bad...
No doubt We will still be here, (those thats left)

Hows You today Cainaries. better I hope..?

Tippling down here at present. Chilly too, the 24 was nice till Monday though..
its 7.35 now..

Thanks so much for asking, Warbey. Not brilliant, no. My own fault in a way for not going to the doctor. Some things are easier to explain in Spanish than others. Still very warm and muggy here. Don't remember it being this warm in October before but perhaps it usually is this hot.

Malteser Monkey
07-10-2011, 09:08
Hey Cainiaries woss up mujer ? send me a pm if you get a chance hun

I got caught in a hailstone and lightening storm yesterday - it was horrific

Tues 30 deg in London - freezing last night

cainaries
07-10-2011, 11:51
Hey Cainiaries woss up mujer ? send me a pm if you get a chance hun

I got caught in a hailstone and lightening storm yesterday - it was horrific

Tues 30 deg in London - freezing last night

Must be stormy just about everywhere then. We had a dramatic thunderstorm on Wednesday morning here. And, for some reason known only to OH, we have two cars neither of which has any windscreen wipers. Hate it when weather changes dramatically like that.

Malteser Monkey
07-10-2011, 12:14
No windscreen wipers ?? are you kidding me - are they pulled by horses :cheeky:

warbey
07-10-2011, 19:48
No windscreen wipers ?? are you kidding me - are they pulled by horses :cheeky:

They live in the Canaries Mate. You dont need wipers there do You.?.

If this Weather keeps up the Heating will have to go on here too..

cainaries
10-10-2011, 11:15

Morning Warbey and Monkey

We sometimes need windscreenwipers. In dramatic thunderstorms for example. But you are almost right, Warbey, that we hadn't used them for so long they'd stuck to the screen and the rubber ripped as we try to unglue them.

Kettle is still warm if anyone fancies a cuppa. No sign of Maxine then?

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 11:25

Oh I don't know Warbs - it's no longer 260 days of sunshine there like it used to be, Cainaries had snow for the first time !

Morning Warbey and Monkey

We sometimes need windscreenwipers. In dramatic thunderstorms for example. But you are almost right, Warbey, that we hadn't used them for so long they'd stuck to the screen and the rubber ripped as we try to unglue them.

Kettle is still warm if anyone fancies a cuppa. No sign of Maxine then?

I'll have a cuppa 2 sugars for me pls - think I need a quick pick me up wilting a bit.

Blowing an absolute gale out there - quite frightening actually

Nope no sign of Max she's laying low I believe (nowt new there then:D:whistle:)

SusieF out there somewhere - can you make her a coffee C please

cainaries
10-10-2011, 11:28
Oh I don't know Warbs - it's no longer 260 days of sunshine there like it used to be, Cainaries had snow for the first time !

I'll have a cuppa 2 sugars for me pls - think I need a quick pick me up wilting a bit.

Blowing an absolute gale out there - quite frightening actually

Nope no sign of Max she's laying low I believe (nowt new there then:D:whistle:)

SusieF out there somewhere - can you make her a coffee C please

I'm off to do a bit of tidying up around the Dungeon, things have got a bit slack around here.

Tea's on your table MM, I'll wait for SusieF to show up as I'd hate her coffee to go cold. I think there are some biscuits somewhere or even a kitkat. Mmmmm.

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 11:51
okey dokey - go easy - don't over do it !

I'll sort dinner - fancy braising steak and onions ! few veggies too!

I heard there has been another earthquake on El Hierro ?

cainaries
10-10-2011, 12:37
okey dokey - go easy - don't over do it !

I'll sort dinner - fancy braising steak and onions ! few veggies too!

I heard there has been another earthquake on El Hierro ?

Dinner sounds lovely, MM, thank you. Yes with veggies. OH has been told there must always be something green on his plate (no, not mould, thanks). Peas, beans, what else is green?

You are probably more up to speed on Canarian news than I am. It seems it is slowly rumbling away to a bit of a hissy fit. We watched a really weird 'documentary' on Discovery the other night about the world ending on 21st December 2012 - and one of the catastrophes that is going to add to this is half of La Palma sliding into the sea and causing huge huge tsunamis destroying east coast of the American continent and the whole of Europe. It'll solve the debt crisis anyway.

Malteser Monkey
10-10-2011, 12:45
But that about La Palma has been documented for the past hmmm 15 years ?? I believe - if you search the internet you'll find loads ! but hey who knows

Look at the other day when that debris from the space shuttle was re entering the atmosphere could have landed anywhere and caused God knows what kind of problems.

If/when that were to happen I wondered what the "behind" affects would be - would there be a back surge, ? hmmm

Added after 1 52 minutes:

what happened to the blackout curtain thread ?

cainaries
10-10-2011, 15:59
Dunno. Did it get blacked out? Hadn't read it as didn't strike me as my kind of subject.

warbey
11-10-2011, 18:51
Sorry, I need to catch up.
Very busy Day Yesterday and no chance to read never mind Post.
Everything seems normal (quiet).
The Kit Kats were a well kept secret though. Good job my O.H. wasnt there.
She would sniff them out no problem..

Any Dinner left.?.. Greens no problem.
Cabbage or sprouts Courgette some Lemon Juice.
We get a bag of Sald from Aldi at 49p a Bag.
A handful over the Meal works wonders.....so they say...

Maxi's last Posting sounded a bit ominous.
sounded like days or weeks even.
Just hope She's back soon, as I'm used to laying the Extra place now....

cainaries
11-10-2011, 22:04
Sorry, I need to catch up.
Very busy Day Yesterday and no chance to read never mind Post.
Everything seems normal (quiet).
The Kit Kats were a well kept secret though. Good job my O.H. wasnt there.
She would sniff them out no problem..

Any Dinner left.?.. Greens no problem.
Cabbage or sprouts Courgette some Lemon Juice.
We get a bag of Sald from Aldi at 49p a Bag.
A handful over the Meal works wonders.....so they say...

Maxi's last Posting sounded a bit ominous.
sounded like days or weeks even.
Just hope She's back soon, as I'm used to laying the Extra place now....

Thanks, Warbey. We've been a bit busy ourselves today which is very unusual. No time for a decent dinnah! So already looking forward to tomorrow's. Only known ingredient so far is pork chops. Oh, and I bought a red cabbage so can do red cabbage and apple as veg and may be baked potatoes. Or Chips?

We'll keep Max's place open for now, shall we?

warbey
12-10-2011, 18:19
I did a Stir=fry. Yummy plenty green there too.
Chicken Kiev tonight, Used to be proper Chicken, now a sort of Sausage meat instead//
Yes please leave Maxi a place

Not posting too much Tonight as only One Eye. Cataract op this Morning so covered till Morning.

Monkey missing again.?
I thought She was tidying the Bar.
Sue, more Red please..?

cainaries
12-10-2011, 19:43
I did a Stir=fry. Yummy plenty green thewre too.
Chiken Kiev tonight, Used to be proper Chicken, no3w a sort o f Sausage meat instead//
Yes please leave Maxi a place

Not posting too much Tonight as only One Eye. Cataract op this Morning so9 covered till Morning.

Monkey missing again.?
I thought She was tidying the Bar.
Sue, more Red please..?

Oooh, no, you shouldn't be looking at a computer screen, Warbey. When OH had his done they told him to keep his head level for several hours (not lying flat, etc.) so he settled in his armchair and went to sleep sitting up. Hope it heals quickly and with no problems.

Yes, we could do with some more red, Suej?!

Malteser Monkey
13-10-2011, 14:11
I'm here sorry been awol

Yes bar all tidy now and SueJ restocking. SusieF working hard

Cainaries what's your recipie for red cabbage and apple I have only had it a few times and liked it but never made it myself ?

Warbey you take care of that eye hun, has it healed ok ?

Come on Max time to return.

warbey
13-10-2011, 19:42
Oh dear. I can
see all My spelling mistakes now.

I had it done Yesterday Morning. I was sweating on it going well as the other Eye had a Retina fault after the Op.
Thankfully after going back to Hospital this Morning I confirmed I can see something like I used to.
I also think that using the Dodgy Eye exclusively Yesterday, it seems to have improved too with use.
I can now see Al Jay's Dancer rotating either way, just like You Monkey.
So, Warbs is a happy Chappy.!

Cainaries, I was too busy Yesterday to even think of staying level or upright.
I just went about things steady after I got Home around Noon.
Interesting though, This time there was no Injection of Anaesthetic into the Eye Socket,
just a couple of Drops into the Eye beforehand. I didnt feel a thing..

Hope the Reds restocked, We seem to be drinking more of this.
Champagne is dwindling too.
What's for Supper.? I fancy a nice Scone.

cainaries
13-10-2011, 22:51
Oh dear. I can
see all My spelling mistakes now.

I had it done Yesterday Morning. I was sweating on it going well as the other Eye had a Retina fault after the Op.
Thankfully after going back to Hospital this Morning I confirmed I can see something like I used to.
I also think that using the Dodgy Eye exclusively Yesterday, it seems to have improved too with use.
I can now see Al Jay's Dancer rotating either way, just like You Monkey.
So, Warbs is a happy Chappy.!

Cainaries, I was too busy Yesterday to even think of staying level or upright.
I just went about things steady after I got Home around Noon.
Interesting though, This time there was no Injection of Anaesthetic into the Eye Socket,
just a couple of Drops into the Eye beforehand. I didnt feel a thing..

Hope the Reds restocked, We seem to be drinking more of this.
Champagne is dwindling too.
What's for Supper.? I fancy a nice Scone.

Bit late for supper but I can actually offer you cooling sausages, beans, red cabbage and chips. Glad the eye is going okay as I know this can be quite tricky. OH has had both of his done with no problems. Unfortunately for everyone he told me about the entire procedure (different here, I think) and I have got to have one of mine done and I'm already panicking even though it isn't serious enough yet to be operated on.

Our red cabbage recipe is: chop up one green apple (Granny Smith maybe) no peel or pips. Chop up half a small red cabbage. Put in a small saucepan. Add a handful of sultanas and a knob of butter. No water or liquid needed. Warm through gently and once simmering put the lid on the saucepan and cook for roughly half an hour or until cabbage is edible! This will serve two.

Malteser Monkey
14-10-2011, 09:04
Thanks Cainaries !

Sausages, beans and cabbage hmmmm may well have been a bit draughty round you neck of the woods last night !!!!

Going to make a note of the red cabbage recipe sounds like what I have had before with raisins in yum ta hun

hope you're feeling better today Warbs back to norm ?

cainaries
14-10-2011, 10:20
Thanks Cainaries !

Sausages, beans and cabbage hmmmm may well have been a bit draughty round you neck of the woods last night !!!!

Going to make a note of the red cabbage recipe sounds like what I have had before with raisins in yum ta hun

hope you're feeling better today Warbs back to norm ?

Definitely a bit blowy this morning but the gales have subsided now! Feeling better, thanks for all the advice. Hope Warbs is okay. Shall we go out to eat tonight?

Malteser Monkey
14-10-2011, 10:22
Definitely a bit blowy this morning but the gales have subsided now! Feeling better, thanks for all the advice. Hope Warbs is okay. Shall we go out to eat tonight?

Yes that sounds good - you book it and tell me what time.

you're up early - are you getting up for the rugby tomorrow ?

cainaries
14-10-2011, 10:29
8 o'clock at the Thai okay for you?

Been up really early this week, 6 on one occasion. Up by 8 which is when the builders start. The bottom floor of our house extends out further than the first floor and when it rains we get a leak which OH has tried to sort out himself. Decided to get in a builder and he found 3 huge holes in the roof which covers the ground floor. At least we could see what the problem was. Proving very noisy to sort out though.

Malteser Monkey
14-10-2011, 10:37
Yeap that sounds fine - is it your turn to pay ?

Rain - in the Canaries ???:wink:

cainaries
14-10-2011, 14:31
Yeap that sounds fine - is it your turn to pay ?

Rain - in the Canaries ???:wink:

If you say so. But I've made a note and next time it will be yours!

Oh, yes, rain in the Canaries. We don't call this one 'La Isla Verde' for nothing you know!

warbey
14-10-2011, 20:30
That recipe Cainaries sounds like Ingredients for some Homebrew. especially with Sultanas for taste.

The Eye is better thanks and I can read a Newspaper, (the Sun of course) without Glasses again
I went back Thursday Morning for a check and a Test. If I had failed would have been bye bye Driving Licence
so I was pretty worried in case the side effect of the Op struck on the second Eye.
A better Surgeon this time. There's nothing to worry about if the Procedure is similar to The one I had this time.
A bit like a back Tooth filling without the Needles or pain Hun.

Eating Out sounds good if there's room, or meet up for a Barraquito perhaps.?

Missing Zara One Leg Impy Suef and now Maxie.
Has someone got another Dungeon.
The Doors dont creak anymore.....Ive oiled them!!

cressrt
14-10-2011, 20:40
Had a cataract done myself a few weeks ago at the Green Hospital, great surgeon and good result. As I had laser eye treatment some years ago it was not a straightforward op, but he warned about possible problems and complications. Would recommend him - Dr Tejador.

cainaries
14-10-2011, 23:47
That recipe Cainaries sounds like Ingredients for some Homebrew. especially with Sultanas for taste.

The Eye is better thanks and I can read a Newspaper, (the Sun of course) without Glasses again
I went back Thursday Morning for a check and a Test. If I had failed would have been bye bye Driving Licence
so I was pretty worried in case the side effect of the Op struck on the second Eye.
A better Surgeon this time. There's nothing to worry about if the Procedure is similar to The one I had this time.
A bit like a back Tooth filling without the Needles or pain Hun.

Eating Out sounds good if there's room, or meet up for a Barraquito perhaps.?

Missing Zara One Leg Impy Suef and now Maxie.
Has someone got another Dungeon.
The Doors dont creak anymore.....Ive oiled them!!

Thanks for the DIY, Warbey. I dunno what's happened to all those peeps but I'm too ancient to start trying to find another Dungeon, took me long enough to find this one.

Glad your eye is healing well and back to normal. And glad the doctors are happy with you and driving licence intact etc.

Also interested to see that cressrt had had laser surgery and it was still okay to have the op. I went to be checked out for laser surgery a few years ago and got turned down... so now I'm not sure if that was good or bad! Time will tell.

I hope Suej hasn't migrated as well as OH has just lugged a couple of cases of red down the cellar steps to the Dungeon and that won't last long.

Good luck Wales for tomorrow!

Suej
15-10-2011, 11:15
Thanks for the DIY, Warbey. I dunno what's happened to all those peeps but I'm too ancient to start trying to find another Dungeon, took me long enough to find this one.

Glad your eye is healing well and back to normal. And glad the doctors are happy with you and driving licence intact etc.

Also interested to see that cressrt had had laser surgery and it was still okay to have the op. I went to be checked out for laser surgery a few years ago and got turned down... so now I'm not sure if that was good or bad! Time will tell.

I hope Suej hasn't migrated as well as OH has just lugged a couple of cases of red down the cellar steps to the Dungeon and that won't last long.

Good luck Wales for tomorrow!

NO!!!! I´m still here Cainaries! I have not migrated or defected:wink: I have my Sis over for a couple of weeks and been really busy! she goes home tomorrow so will make sure that I stock up by Monday! I hope Max is back by then:)

cainaries
15-10-2011, 14:01
NO!!!! I´m still here Cainaries! I have not migrated or defected:wink: I have my Sis over for a couple of weeks and been really busy! she goes home tomorrow so will make sure that I stock up by Monday! I hope Max is back by then:)

I should never have doubted you! We've done a small stock up for the weekend, including some cava as it seemed about time we had some and may be it will tempt Max back. If you could do a big restock on Monday that would be great. Quite low on beer, btw.

Hope you had a great time with your Sis in all this lovely weather!

warbey
15-10-2011, 19:56
Sue, We have been Friends long enough to suspect You had Visitors (again)...lol
Being so few it shows more when Others dont Post as much for a time I think.

Glad the Cellar is O.K. for a Day or two We have enough Food, and the Weather is still Warm.
Rain forecast Wednesday I understand.

A Cat got in Yesterday and pinched a piece of Fish. My fault for leaving a Window open
in a Dungeon,

Thanks to Cressrt for the helpful information too.