PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Dungeon thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

cainaries
15-10-2011, 21:34
Is the Dungeon a cat-free zone, Warbey? Suej and I might have something to say about that?

warbey
16-10-2011, 20:16
I dont think anywhere can truly be a Cat free zone. Not to a determined one.

The piece of fish was for a Fish and Chip supper for two. (plus Candle and wine of course)
Fish Cake isnt as romantic

warbey
19-10-2011, 20:24
Help, this is a Ghost Town, No-one here except the Ship's Cat and Moi.
Its just the same as Solitary without the Bread and Water.
I'm halfway through the Wine but the Fridge is low.
Dirty Dishes ib the sink and the Beds unmade.

I'm not going anywhere soon either \Cainaries, Hun....

Suej
19-10-2011, 20:39
Help, this is a Ghost Town, No-one here except the Ship's Cat and Moi.
Its just the same as Solitary without the Bread and Water.
I'm halfway through the Wine but the Fridge is low.
Dirty Dishes ib the sink and the Beds unmade.

I'm not going anywhere soon either \Cainaries, Hun....

HA! HA! just when you thought you were going to get a bit of P&Q!!!! Well no chance cos I´m back to annoy LOL!!! What´s all this about cats...haven´t you been feeding them? there´s 4 under my bunk and 6 under Cainaries bunk! Wine cellar is stocked to bursting but where is Max? GFG? Thanks Cainaries for keeping everything spick and span down here!:wave: Warbs can you wash the basket of socks you´ve been wearing it´s a bit waffy in here!:crazy:

warbey
19-10-2011, 20:45
The socks Basket was to keep the CATS out.
They like laying in the Basket though.
Did You spot the Kittens?
Glad Youve topped up the Wine Sue, it was going down fast
GFG back off Hols but hasnt been seen for a couple of Days.
Max hasnt been about yet..
See You Tomorrow?

Goforgold
19-10-2011, 20:46
Hi you all down there - I'm busy catching up with chores and work and now off for a capuchinno before bed as I have to be up early tomorrow :(

Suej
19-10-2011, 20:59
Hi you all down there - I'm busy catching up with chores and work and now off for a capuchinno before bed as I have to be up early tomorrow :(

Nite Nite GFG! see you tomorrow! someone´s got to keep an eye on things! :sleeping:

warbey
25-10-2011, 20:12
I nthink a GLASS one would do Sue

cainaries
25-10-2011, 20:38
The socks Basket was to keep the CATS out.
They like laying in the Basket though.
Did You spot the Kittens?
Glad Youve topped up the Wine Sue, it was going down fast
GFG back off Hols but hasnt been seen for a couple of Days.
Max hasnt been about yet..
See You Tomorrow?

Cats love socks, Warbey, the whiffier the better. And they also love sleeping on top of a basket of clean laundry so their stupid owner has to do it again.

Nite all.

warbey
25-10-2011, 20:51
Cats love socks, Warbey, the whiffier the better. And they also love sleeping on top of a basket of clean laundry so their stupid owner has to do it again.

Nite all.

Perhaps I know a little pertaining to Feline matters too.

I had one that slpet with me quite often
Didnt criticise or nag either,
I was also Midwife when it had Kittens.
True

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2011, 13:27
Hellllloooooooo

anyone down her:mopfloor::hide:

warbey
30-10-2011, 19:33
Hellllloooooooo

All in solitary Hun, or not talking any more.

Ecky Thump
30-10-2011, 19:37
Hellllloooooooo

There is one thing for certain, it wont be Jimandsi....he is banned!

Santiago
30-10-2011, 23:00
Hellllloooooooo

Hi Folks! Am I allowed in? I have a bag full of Cornish Pasties and also jam doughnuts with lots of strawberry jam and cream!

karinagal
30-10-2011, 23:19
There is one thing for certain, it wont be Jimandsi....he is banned!

I'm shocked but not upset that he has been banned - I know we're not allowed to ask WHY he's been banned, but I'm suffering from a very severe case of nosey-bitch syndrome....!! Anyone?

sunspot
30-10-2011, 23:26
I'm shocked but not upset that he has been banned - I know we're not allowed to ask WHY he's been banned, but I'm suffering from a very severe case of nosey-bitch syndrome....!! Anyone?

Whats been going on? Im Nosy too

karinagal
30-10-2011, 23:35
Whats been going on? Im Nosy too

It would appear that our dear Jimandsi, he of the witty quip and sunny disposition has somehow fallen foul of forum t&c's and has been banned.... Unsure if it's temporary or permanent.....

YOUNG GOLFER
30-10-2011, 23:44
I was told by a friend who is on another forum that jimandsi had said himself he was banned for life from here.

I will be honest i don't like to see members banned but if you have been warned before or banned before then you only have yourself to blame.

Malteser Monkey
31-10-2011, 10:08
Hi Folks! Am I allowed in? I have a bag full of Cornish Pasties and also jam doughnuts with lots of strawberry jam and cream!

Ohhhh yes, make yourself comfortable ! you are just what we have been waiting for !

Jimbo banned !!!:crying2::dontknow::wow: I don't believe it !

Karinagal - don't worry I suffer a lot with that

Young golfer in the dungeon ?? My I have been away a while :)

Santiago
31-10-2011, 15:41
Ohhhh yes, make yourself comfortable ! you are just what we have been waiting for !

Jimbo banned !!!:crying2::dontknow::wow: I don't believe it !

Karinagal - don't worry I suffer a lot with that

Young golfer in the dungeon ?? My I have been away a while :)

Also have some nice South African Cape wine which is going begging. Red or White? Both?

Malteser Monkey
31-10-2011, 15:46
Also have some nice South African Cape wine which is going begging. Red or White? Both?

Ok Ok I said you are in !!! Too much bribery - mind you don't mind if I do, White please - am going through a white phase at the mo !:wine:

Now where's the rest of the gang hiding

warbey
31-10-2011, 20:03
[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;111834n waiting for !

Young golfer in the dungeon ?? My I have been away a while :)[/QUOTE]

Have We a Lurker category still.?

Red please

Santiago
31-10-2011, 22:44
Ok Ok I said you are in !!! Too much bribery - mind you don't mind if I do, White please - am going through a white phase at the mo !:wine:

Now where's the rest of the gang hiding

Sorry for the delay, the white needed chilling. Cheers!

Have We a Lurker category still.?

Red please

Red it is. Cheers!

cainaries
31-10-2011, 22:51
The cool white is delicious, Santiago, thank you. Nice and cold and sharp and dry, just how I like it.

I dunno. I only went away for 24 hours and all this excitement breaks out. Jimandsi banned for having a bar none of us is allowed into ... could that be it? Even though we didn't actually want to go into it.

Warbey, I can't find the lurkers any more which is a shame as that was always quite fun.

slodgedad
31-10-2011, 23:23
LIDL 52cent Rosado rools OK!!!!!

Santiago
31-10-2011, 23:26
Thanks for the tip - I got Tesco's Finest!!

warbey
01-11-2011, 21:15
Reds quite good. Suej has competition
The Lurkers are still about though Cainaries, one popped up there. Takes one to know one.
Is Lidl in Torviscas Mate.?

slodgedad
01-11-2011, 21:51
The Lurkers are still about though Cainaries, one popped up there. Takes one to know one.

Las Chafiras, San Isidro and Adeje..

cainaries
01-11-2011, 23:29

I don't doubt they're about, Warbs, but I can't see the little so-and-so's any more. Go to Specsavers, I expect that's the answer!

warbey
02-11-2011, 21:02
I don't doubt they're about, Warbs, but I can't see the little so-and-so's any more. Go to Specsavers, I expect that's the answer!

Maybe You have been keeping up with the Invisible Man.

That Person is everywhere in various guises.

Would You ask HIM for Lunch.?

cainaries
02-11-2011, 21:25
Maybe You have been keeping up with the Invisible Man.

That Person is everywhere in various guises.

Would You ask HIM for Lunch.?

It would be difficult to feed him anything, wouldn't it, if I can't see him!

warbey
02-11-2011, 21:32
It would be difficult to feed him anything, wouldn't it, if I can't see him!

Sit Him between two Others. Watch cutlery and Food movement.
He enjoyed Himself at Ours.
Half a Bottle of Red and He went quite Rose in colour too.
An affectionate Cat rubbing against His Legs and perhaps a pair of Slippers?

cainaries
02-11-2011, 22:07
Sit Him between two Others. Watch cutlery and Food movement.
He enjoyed Himself at Ours.
Half a Bottle of Red and He went quite Rose in colour too.
An affectionate Cat rubbing against His Legs and perhaps a pair of Slippers?

Does he do a good line in conversation then, Warbs?

Malteser Monkey
03-11-2011, 12:29
What's on that thread about the weather in Tenerife at the mo "what's going on" thread

has YG put a naughty comment ? I read it before but now work says this page is now tasteless and offensive and it won't let me open it :wow:

cainaries
03-11-2011, 22:44
What's on that thread about the weather in Tenerife at the mo "what's going on" thread

has YG put a naughty comment ? I read it before but now work says this page is now tasteless and offensive and it won't let me open it :wow:

Waaat?? Best just crack open another bottle, MM, otherwise life is going to be too complicated.

Malteser Monkey
04-11-2011, 10:53
Morning gente !

How's the patient Cainaries

warbey
04-11-2011, 19:28
Does he do a good line in conversation then, Warbs?

You can certainly see what He is getting at.
More transparent than any Government Department too.

cainaries
04-11-2011, 22:23
Morning gente !

How's the patient Cainaries

Very sorry for himself, thanks for asking MM. He is watching a kind of instant translation of the Greek Prime Minister's speech which would not be my choice or his normally. Hasn't even had a glass of wine tonight.

slodgedad
04-11-2011, 23:09
Very sorry for himself, thanks for asking MM. He is watching a kind of instant translation of the Greek Prime Minister's speech which would not be my choice or his normally. Hasn't even had a glass of wine tonight.

I normally find I speak a kind of Greek with man flu. Wine or no wine..:devil2:

warbey
05-11-2011, 19:34
and I am inoculated against it!

Watching the Greek episode He will need anti depressants I would think......

NOT sent via tappytalk

cainaries
05-11-2011, 22:45
I normally find I speak a kind of Greek with man flu. Wine or no wine..:devil2:

He is mainly speaking 'pathetic' which I suspect is a Greek word. It used to be beware of Greeks bearing gifts but this seems to have changed to beware of Greeks receiving gifts.

Better tonight as is drinking some wine. Lots of fluids, etc. etc.

Malteser Monkey
06-11-2011, 00:39
NOT sent via tappytalk
Mine just had one of the famous hot toddies

sent by verytippytalk:D LIKE IT WARBS keep it going

Santiago
06-11-2011, 16:05
He is mainly speaking 'pathetic' which I suspect is a Greek word. It used to be beware of Greeks bearing gifts but this seems to have changed to beware of Greeks receiving gifts.

Better tonight as is drinking some wine. Lots of fluids, etc. etc.

Could he manage a little roast beef, yorkshire pud, etc.? I could make up a dinky little plate just for the sick and ailing.

:hungry:

cainaries
06-11-2011, 16:24
Could he manage a little roast beef, yorkshire pud, etc.? I could make up a dinky little plate just for the sick and ailing.

Am very tempted to say 'yes' - and thank you for the very kind offer - and then I could eat myself as I definitely fancy it. He's not up for anything quite that substantial yet - still on the lightly boiled eggs.

Sent by tippletalk (a large one, please)

Am very tempted to say 'yes' - and thank you for the very kind offer - and then I could eat myself as I definitely fancy it. He's not up for anything quite that substantial yet - still on the lightly boiled eggs.

Santiago
06-11-2011, 16:28

The amount I am cooking, there will be a nice big plateful for you and, no doubt, a large glass of something medicinal?

cainaries
06-11-2011, 16:31
The amount I am cooking, there will be a nice big plateful for you and, no doubt, a large glass of something medicinal?

Oh yes, PLEASE. You weren't doing apple pie and custard for afters were you? Hint Hint.

Santiago
06-11-2011, 16:34
Oh yes, PLEASE. You weren't doing apple pie and custard for afters were you? Hint Hint.

Have just checked and as long as you don't mind it being a bit sweet (eating apples, not cooking apples) I can do an apple pie and custard. Did you want some cream with it?

cainaries
06-11-2011, 19:49
Have just checked and as long as you don't mind it being a bit sweet (eating apples, not cooking apples) I can do an apple pie and custard. Did you want some cream with it?

Wow! Thanks, Santiago. I don't mind the eating apples at all. I think cream as well as custard might seem just a bit ... greedy? Yummy though!

warbey
06-11-2011, 21:11
:devil2:All this talk of Food is making Me hungry.
Any Pasties on hand Santiago.?
Hope You liked the inbread Cat Cainaries.
Glad to see more of You monkey, I always like Your Humour and Suej is busy entertaining
so dont get much there either.
Pollye and Max are missing as are a few more.
Are the Trolls on a winning streak..?..:devil2:

Santiago
06-11-2011, 23:15
Wow! Thanks, Santiago. I don't mind the eating apples at all. I think cream as well as custard might seem just a bit ... greedy? Yummy though!

Hope you enjoyed it - I made the custard with cream instead of adding extra!

Sorry, no pasties today warbey, but will make some tomorrow. Would you like an apple and cream pasty as well well as a steak pasty?

cainaries
06-11-2011, 23:43
Hope you enjoyed it - I made the custard with cream instead of adding extra!

Sorry, no pasties today warbey, but will make some tomorrow. Would you like an apple and cream pasty as well well as a steak pasty?

I nominate Santiago as official Dungeon chef! Thanks, hun, for delicious meal today.

Santiago
06-11-2011, 23:54
I nominate Santiago as official Dungeon chef! Thanks, hun, for delicious meal today.

My pleasure! :thanx:

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2011, 10:02
That all sounds lovely:yum: Yes Santiago the new chef of the dungeon

Good Morning ! Quick put kettle on it's freezing here - 1st day of winter ! -2 and the car frozen solid :shiver

sent using chillytalk (brrrrr):cheeky:

cainaries
07-11-2011, 11:24
That all sounds lovely:yum: Yes Santiago the new chef of the dungeon

Good Morning ! Quick put kettle on it's freezing here - 1st day of winter ! -2 and the car frozen solid :shiver

sent using chillytalk (brrrrr):cheeky:

Only just got down here to the Dungeon this morning, MM, sorry about that. Kettle is on ... tea or coffee?

Quite chilly here by my standards, started off the day in a sweater and jeans but lovely blue skies and sun so hope it warms up soon.

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2011, 11:46
Only just got down here to the Dungeon this morning, MM, sorry about that. Kettle is on ... tea or coffee?

Quite chilly here by my standards, started off the day in a sweater and jeans but lovely blue skies and sun so hope it warms up soon.

Oooo a coffee I think please

beautiful blue skies here but still really cold - oh well it had to happen sooner or later - was just a bit of a shock as it's been so mild !

cainaries
07-11-2011, 12:18
Oooo a coffee I think please

beautiful blue skies here but still really cold - oh well it had to happen sooner or later - was just a bit of a shock as it's been so mild !

Coming right up. We just need one of Ed's missus's chocolate/mint muffins to go with it!

Sent via chattytalk

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2011, 12:31
Coming right up. We just need one of Ed's missus's chocolate/mint muffins to go with it!

Sent via chattytalk

Love chocolate/mint anything

Matchmakers, Mint choc chip Ice cream ohhh yum !

sent via droolytalk

cainaries
07-11-2011, 16:33
Love chocolate/mint anything

Matchmakers, Mint choc chip Ice cream ohhh yum !

sent via droolytalk

After Eights? (This is turning into yum or yuck)

Finger-licking good.

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2011, 16:45
not over keen on after eights too creamy, I like crispy crunchy

Santiago
07-11-2011, 16:56
not over keen on after eights too creamy, I like crispy crunchy

How about some home-made chocolate mint crisps? As much mint, chocolate and crispy bits as you like?

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2011, 16:59
How about some home-made chocolate mint crisps? As much mint, chocolate and crispy bits as you like?

LOOK ! You're in - you have your own set of keys and a job no need for any more bribery, mind you another £500 out to do it:laugh: :cheeky::respect:

Santiago
07-11-2011, 17:05
LOOK ! You're in - you have your own set of keys and a job no need for any more bribery, mind you another £500 out to do it:laugh: :cheeky::respect:

Have just received the keys - are they really gold, or are they gold plated? Whatever, I have hung up my apron but can I have a nameplate on the hook, please, if it's not too much trouble?

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2011, 17:24
Have just received the keys - are they really gold, or are they gold plated? Whatever, I have hung up my apron but can I have a nameplate on the hook, please, if it's not too much trouble?

Who said you could take off you're apron - part timer

Ok make £510 then we're all square !:cheeky:

nitey nite xx

cainaries
07-11-2011, 20:31

When all the refurb is finished you can definitely have a nameplate! But, whatever happened to Ben (never mind the duvets)? Warbey, could you possibly put her up a nameplate when you've got a minute?

Meantime, just keep right on cooking, hun - it's all delicious.

Who said you could take off you're apron - part timer

Ok make £510 then we're all square !:cheeky:

nitey nite xx

Nite, Monkey - you're off early!

Malteser Monkey
08-11-2011, 10:51
no not early hun 5pm

Yes where is Benward21 ??? IPM has him locked away somewhere

cainaries
08-11-2011, 10:57
no not early hun 5pm

Yes where is Benward21 ??? IPM has him locked away somewhere

They must have eloped to a secret location.
(I was going to add a wink there but it won't load).

Malteser Monkey
08-11-2011, 11:23
They must have eloped to a secret location.
(I was going to add a wink there but it won't load).

I know what you are saying:whistle:

Santiago
08-11-2011, 15:22
It's going to take a bit of time to save up the cash - do you want it in Mickey Mouse money or Monopoly money? Meanwhile anyone for an afternoon snack later? I am going to be making scones or pancakes, whichever satisfies your tastes. :pray:

Malteser Monkey
08-11-2011, 15:29
pesetas will do fine

Pancakes please with vinegar and sugar:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Santiago
08-11-2011, 15:46
pesetas will do fine

Pancakes please with vinegar and sugar:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Can be much quicker with the pesetas - have loads!

Pancakes it will be, (but not sure about vinegar?) Let me check!

Okay, vinegar and sugar it is.

:coffee:

Malteser Monkey
08-11-2011, 15:48
try it - you'll like it

cainaries
08-11-2011, 16:56
try it - you'll like it

I love pancakes with lemon juice and sugar but never tried them with vinegar - which type of vinegar would you recommend, MM?

Thanks, Santiago - looking forward to my snack. My cuppa is already waiting and I can make more.

warbey
08-11-2011, 19:55
Well I finished the Pasties, prefer the Steak.
Being a miserable old Git, I am a bit worried about this rich Food.
ts hard Labour down here. Perhaps throw in a Radish or two?.

Nameplate Ordered 2 inch Letters, and Your own Stockroom

Anyone have any Cherries for Cocktails.
We have an Inspection next week.

cainaries
08-11-2011, 20:28
Well I finished the Pasties, prefer the Steak.
Being a miserable old Git, I am a bit worried about this rich Food.
ts hard Labour down here. Perhaps throw in a Radish or two?.

Nameplate Ordered 2 inch Letters, and Your own Stockroom

Anyone have any Cherries for Cocktails.
We have an Inspection next week.

An INSPECTION? You're kidding me, right? Do you know which day? The later in the week the better as far as I'm concerned. I've got a real life you know (I think!) No, haven't got any cherries but a friend has just given me a big bag of chestnuts (new not old!).

warbey
08-11-2011, 20:37
Only guessing of course, but in the past Slodgey has appeared at the time.
As a former fellow Lurker I know that to be correct.
Perhaps make sure We have that Canned Beer from the Mercado.

As We have fewer Residents I thought to approach Ben to convert a part Block into a Theatre/cinema
with a Stage and speaker System. Perhaps a Recording Studio too.
Has anybody seen or heard of Ben. Ive not heard since His SatNav was stolen. Hope He's not lost...

cainaries
08-11-2011, 20:39
Only duessing of course, but in the past Slodgey has appeared at the time.
As a former fellow Lurker I know that to be correct.
Perhaps make sure We have that Canned Beer from the Mercado.

As We have fewewr Residents I thought to approach Ben to convert a part Block into a Theatre/cinema
witha Stage and speaker System. Perhaps a Recording Studio too.
Has anybody seen or heard of Ben. Ive not heard since His SatNav was stolen. Hope He's not lost...

Lost .. in... space...

Like your ambitious building plans, Warbey. Off to the Ayuntamiento for licences ...no doubt that will take a few years ....

warbey
08-11-2011, 20:42
Lost .. in... space...

Like your ambitious building plans, Warbey. Off to the Ayuntamiento for licences ...no doubt that will take a few years ....

Method behind the Madness
It could tempt Zara and a few others to return.
Especially with good Acts.
We should manage a few with the 500 Monkey talks about.?

cainaries
08-11-2011, 21:09
Method behind the Madness
It could tempt Zara and a few others to return.
Especially with good Acts.
We should manage a few with the 500 Monkey talks about.?

That's a bribe she's trying to weasel out of Santiago. You'd better make Santiago's keys and nameplate 22 carat gold if this plan is going to work.

warbey
08-11-2011, 21:34
That's a bribe she's trying to weasel out of Santiago. You'd better make Santiago's keys and nameplate 22 carat gold if this plan is going to work.

No Contracto until satisfactory.
3 Month trial, fee, to Us, on completion for registration with adjuntamente

Santiago
08-11-2011, 23:09
Would anyone like some hot cocoa and brandy before bedtime? Also, I think there are some cheese straws left over from this morning

cainaries
09-11-2011, 20:36
No Contracto until satisfactory.
3 Month trial, fee, to Us, on completion for registration with adjuntamente

That's a bit harsh, Warbs! I think she's doing brilliantly. Just look at the post below yours!

Would anyone like some hot cocoa and brandy before bedtime? Also, I think there are some cheese straws left over from this morning
Sorry, hun, missed your kind offer last night. Cocoa and brandy much later on for me, please!

If anyone fancies rack of lamb, they'd better shout quickly as we're about to put it on the table.

Sent via triviatalk.

warbey
09-11-2011, 20:54
That's a bit harsh, Warbs! I think she's doing brilliantly. Just look at the post below yours!

Sorry, hun, missed your kind offer last night. Cocoa and brandy much later on for me, please!

If anyone fancies rack of lamb, they'd better shout quickly as we're about to put it on the table.

Sent via triviatalk.

All must be treated equally.
Nothing to stop, Yourself assuring of Your support.
Many more offers like so far and I will support Her too.

Not fussy on Lamb sorry. A Swordfish steak will do instead. I have some in the Freezer.
Still have Red with it though.

cainaries
09-11-2011, 22:25
All must be treated equally.
Nothing to stop, Yourself assuring of Your support.
Many more offers like so far and I will support Her too.

Not fussy on Lamb sorry. A Swordfish steak will do instead. I have some in the Freezer.
Still have Red with it though.

I know lamb is an acquired taste (if that's the right phrase). Quite difficult to find in hillbilly county so we do tend to go a bit mad with it when we see it. (Mad Lamb Disease perhaps) Best let the swordfish thaw out, Warbey, might be better tomorrow. Wonder what Chef Santiago can do with swordfish?!?

Santiago
09-11-2011, 23:24
I know lamb is an acquired taste (if that's the right phrase). Quite difficult to find in hillbilly county so we do tend to go a bit mad with it when we see it. (Mad Lamb Disease perhaps) Best let the swordfish thaw out, Warbey, might be better tomorrow. Wonder what Chef Santiago can do with swordfish?!?

Swordfish is best eaten fresh, but if it is very well thawed out it should be good. I like swordfish steaks grilled with a lemon marinade - lots of lemon, garlic and any spices which come to hand, like black pepper, tabasco, etc. I like to baste it regularly with the marinade and cook for about 15 mins altogether depending on the size of the steaks. Shall I pop over and collect it tomorrow warbey?

Malteser Monkey
10-11-2011, 10:35

Blimey still at it Santi ?Ovaltine please

Lamb hmmm very nice - try the lamb shanks from Iceland boil in the bag 45 mins (I do them for a bit longer and the meat just falls off the bone) Make you own gravy tho as the juice in the bag tends to be too greasy.

Had that halloumi the other night (we were talking about it somewhere on a thread) it was very nice, think I over did it a bit but not bad. we live and learn

Sent via cheeseytalk

cainaries
10-11-2011, 14:49
Blimey still at it Santi ?Ovaltine please

Lamb hmmm very nice - try the lamb shanks from Iceland boil in the bag 45 mins (I do them for a bit longer and the meat just falls off the bone) Make you own gravy tho as the juice in the bag tends to be too greasy.

Had that halloumi the other night (we were talking about it somewhere on a thread) it was very nice, think I over did it a bit but not bad. we live and learn

Sent via cheeseytalk

No Iceland here, hun, though there is something called Iceberg. Perhaps I should check it out one day. What's halloumi? Never heard of it!

Malteser Monkey
10-11-2011, 14:57
It is Greek goats cheese - probably the most similar to Queso Blanco that we can get here.

Not the same - similar tho

I am going to make a mojo cilantro and get some more halloumi see what they are like together

and how are you today ?

cainaries
10-11-2011, 16:02
It is Greek goats cheese - probably the most similar to Queso Blanco that we can get here.

Not the same - similar tho

I am going to make a mojo cilantro and get some more halloumi see what they are like together

and how are you today ?
Pour me one a bit later, nicely chilled. I've got some mint going spare if you need it. (OH forgot to make mint sauce with the lamb).

We;re a bit tired, tbh, OH still coughing from the flu so neither of us slept well. Howsabout you?

Malteser Monkey
10-11-2011, 16:39
I''ve not been so good - but hey ho ! will be fine

So what's Santiago doing for tea

cainaries
10-11-2011, 18:17
I''ve not been so good - but hey ho ! will be fine

So what's Santiago doing for tea

I've been so glad to see you on here, At times the Forum is just a way to know that a friend is managing (more or less). I think we are having swordfish steaks tonight, MM. (Not for me, I'm allergic, but I'll get myself something and join you all at the table).

warbey
10-11-2011, 21:21
I've been so glad to see you on here, At times the Forum is just a way to know that a friend is managing (more or less). I think we are having swordfish steaks tonight, MM. (Not for me, I'm allergic, but I'll get myself something and join you all at the table).

I agree

I have put out some best end of neck for You Cainaries
Hope this suits, bring some mint though.
The Swordfish sounds lovely marinaded too.
Not fussy on saucey Food but that sounds Delicious.

A large Red Monkey or are You still flirting with White.?

Ground or instant Coffee Girls.?

cainaries
10-11-2011, 22:54
I agree

Ground if possible. In a barraquito, it almost goes without saying.

Santiago
11-11-2011, 00:06
I agree

Sorry for a slight delay there folks, the swordfish has now been served and I hope it is to your taste. I have creamed the potatoes with some real home-made Cornish cream from our own cows and there is apple and blackberry pie for pud with some more cream. Will start doing less fattening meals next week as I don't want anyone's cholesterol to get too high, but we will have a treat at least once a week - or maybe more!

:dishes:

Malteser Monkey
11-11-2011, 10:10
I agree

Well you wind your neck in there Warbey:cheeky:

Yeap back on the red Warbs - put some out ready for later (well at least after I've had brekkie):drinking::fpull:

Sorry for a slight delay there folks, the swordfish has now been served and I hope it is to your taste. I have creamed the potatoes with some real home-made Cornish cream from our own cows and there is apple and blackberry pie for pud with some more cream. Will start doing less fattening meals next week as I don't want anyone's cholesterol to get too high, but we will have a treat at least once a week - or maybe more!

That all sounds fine by me - not too much of the heavy stuff a few nice fresh tuna/salmon salads with a dressing of course.

warbey
11-11-2011, 20:17
another Monkey.?

Fell off..blast it....

Delicious Swordfish with side salad.
Apple and Blackberry most acceptable. Would Crumble be possible.?
Are the Cows Fresians.?

cainaries
11-11-2011, 21:39

Your own COWS? Imagine just casually throwing that into a post! All sounds utterly delicious, particularly the apple and blackberry (something OH and I both miss here). Thanks Santiago, that really does sound scrumptious. OK Diet starts tomorrow, of course, as always.

Santiago
11-11-2011, 23:48
Your own COWS? Imagine just casually throwing that into a post! All sounds utterly delicious, particularly the apple and blackberry (something OH and I both miss here). Thanks Santiago, that really does sound scrumptious. OK Diet starts tomorrow, of course, as always.

Yes the cows are Frisians, all pretty and black and white. The apples and blackberries came out of the garden as we have a nice wild hedge where they grow. I think a crumble is a good idea, I'll save it for Sunday with the roast pork!

No diet until Monday, Health and Safety say it's not good to diet at weekends as it can be dangerous to the health of the people around you!! However, it'll be steak and salad tomorrow unless anyone prefers something else?

cainaries
12-11-2011, 15:03
Yes the cows are Frisians, all pretty and black and white. The apples and blackberries came out of the garden as we have a nice wild hedge where they grow. I think a crumble is a good idea, I'll save it for Sunday with the roast pork!

No diet until Monday, Health and Safety say it's not good to diet at weekends as it can be dangerous to the health of the people around you!! However, it'll be steak and salad tomorrow unless anyone prefers something else?

Have you got a spare room? Think I might have to move in! All sounds delicious to me. A baked potato might go well with the steak and salad and is supposed to be healthier than other ways of cooking potatoes though not as healthy as not eating one at all, of course.

Santiago
12-11-2011, 17:46
Have you got a spare room? Think I might have to move in! All sounds delicious to me. A baked potato might go well with the steak and salad and is supposed to be healthier than other ways of cooking potatoes though not as healthy as not eating one at all, of course.

Buttered baked potatoes already organised, got to have a bit of carb to fill you up.
I only have one spare room but it's very small and I keep all my caravan stuff in it so it's full of bedding.Perhaps I'll come out and see you instead!!!!!!!

:whistle:

warbey
12-11-2011, 20:07
Buttered baked potatoes already organised, got to have a bit of carb to fill you up.
I only have one spare room but it's very small and I keep all my caravan stuff in it so it's full of bedding.Perhaps I'll come out and see you instead!!!!!!!

:whistle:

I guess Youll have to share the Hay Loft with Me Cainaries.
Fly in to Cardiff. I'll pick You up on the Way.

I love tatoes Santiago, cooked anyway, preferably washed then microwave in jackets....yum...
Bring some tools too if You like and give a hand with the Machinery.?

cainaries
12-11-2011, 22:54
Hmm.... how many rooms do we need then?! (Hayloft, Warbs ... hmmm... ) You could come out to stay with us, of course you could. We're not (clears throat) actually in Tenerife. Just a small outpost. I don't think we've got room for the Frisians. Quite a few cats prowling around, just so you know.

Your food sounds so wonderful that I hardly dare to confess that tonight we actually picked up chicken and chips from a take-away on the way home from meeting friends for a drink. And they were delicious. (The chicken and chips not the friends!!)

Santiago
12-11-2011, 23:30
Hmm.... how many rooms do we need then?! (Hayloft, Warbs ... hmmm... ) You could come out to stay with us, of course you could. We're not (clears throat) actually in Tenerife. Just a small outpost. I don't think we've got room for the Frisians. Quite a few cats prowling around, just so you know.

Your food sounds so wonderful that I hardly dare to confess that tonight we actually picked up chicken and chips from a take-away on the way home from meeting friends for a drink. And they were delicious. (The chicken and chips not the friends!!)

No, I know you aren't in Tenerife but I think you are more than a small outpost!The Frisians won't mind where they go but maybe they would be better left at home as there wouldn't be a lot of room on the plane for them!

Chicken and Chips sounds absolutely superb, especially as it came from a takeaway. That means you can just sit down and eat it - after you have opened the wine, of course.

warbey
13-11-2011, 20:04
Hey Ho. Another good reason for buying a Motorhome methinks..
Chicken in a Basket is lovely, with a few Chips thrown in.
Some fresh bread Roll and best butter helps them down a Treat.
Can I be old fashioned (again) and say a good Pot of Tea would complete
the deliciousness.

All this cream Santiago, I'm surprised You have no Jerseys. (bovine)....lol

Santiago
14-11-2011, 00:07
Hey Ho. Another good reason for buying a Motorhome methinks..
Chicken in a Basket is lovely, with a few Chips thrown in.
Some fresh bread Roll and best butter helps them down a Treat.
Can I be old fashioned (again) and say a good Pot of Tea would complete
the deliciousness.

All this cream Santiago, I'm surprised You have no Jerseys. (bovine)....lol

No, Frisians are better for us as we also breed some beef! Fresh salmon salad tomorrow night followed by fresh fruit salad with some orange curacao poured over it and a nice cup of tea to finish with just for warbey.

cainaries
14-11-2011, 11:47
No, Frisians are better for us as we also breed some beef! Fresh salmon salad tomorrow night followed by fresh fruit salad with some orange curacao poured over it and a nice cup of tea to finish with just for warbey.

What happened to that 'how healthily did you eat today?' thread, I wonder. Started badly with freshly-baked croissant and home-made strawberry jam - delicious though.

Malteser Monkey
14-11-2011, 12:25
What happened to that 'how healthily did you eat today?' thread, I wonder. Started badly with freshly-baked croissant and home-made strawberry jam - delicious though.

That day passed a long time ago be at least another couple of months before a day like that comes around again:cheeky:

cainaries
14-11-2011, 15:34
That day passed a long time ago be at least another couple of months before a day like that comes around again:cheeky:

I expect you're right about that, MM. We had micro-waved from frozen mashed potato last night. Thanks for the tip as I'd probably have thrown it out if I hadn't known about it. We just added a nut of butter on the final blast in the microwave - delicious! (We had some gammon steaks and pineapple with the mashed potato, wouldn't want you to think that was all we had).

Malteser Monkey
14-11-2011, 15:58
I expect you're right about that, MM. We had micro-waved from frozen mashed potato last night. Thanks for the tip as I'd probably have thrown it out if I hadn't known about it. We just added a nut of butter on the final blast in the microwave - delicious! (We had some gammon steaks and pineapple with the mashed potato, wouldn't want you to think that was all we had).

Well I did the same only had mine with stew - it's fine isn't it ? Like you say that knob of butter just at the end is the final touch. best not letting it defrost and cooking it straight from frozen !

cainaries
14-11-2011, 16:15
Well I did the same only had mine with stew - it's fine isn't it ? Like you say that knob of butter just at the end is the final touch. best not letting it defrost and cooking it straight from frozen !

I started it on defrost but we ran out of time and 'nuked' it in the end. Didn't seem to suffer at all.

Malteser Monkey
14-11-2011, 16:45
just goes a bit watery that's all if you cook it on full power it seems to absorb the water and you're just left with perfect mash

Oooo we've gone all Delia !

Quick Santiago put the kettle on time for a cuppa

cainaries
14-11-2011, 17:48
just goes a bit watery that's all if you cook it on full power it seems to absorb the water and you're just left with perfect mash

Oooo we've gone all Delia !

Quick Santiago put the kettle on time for a cuppa

We certainly have! I could murder a cuppa as have been cleaning the kitchen and it's quite hot in there. Off to my strange Spanish lesson in a minute. The teacher (who is Peruvian) seems obsessed with Japan and keeps giving us little stories to read about Japan which seems very odd to me since I'm trying to learn Spanish and about Spain. The 'Spanish for Foreigners' course which used to be run locally in the winter is a victim of the cuts. Such is life.

warbey
14-11-2011, 22:03
Any advice on how to lose a Stone..?

The mashed potato has finiShed Me off.

More Tea please Santiago, no sugar, light on Mint too please.

Santiago
15-11-2011, 21:30
Any advice on how to lose a Stone..?

The mashed potato has finiShed Me off.

More Tea please Santiago, no sugar, light on Mint too please.

Hi there,folks. Sorry for the delay but yesterday spent the night in Bristol and today have arrived in Tenerife. (Waved to you cainaries when we flew over you).
Yes, the holiday has begun and so I have had two evenings of restaurant cooked meals. I did leave plenty of salad for you so I hope you enjoyed same. I'll just go and put the kettle on now and make you all a nice cup of tea - milk, mint and lemon all available.

Tomorrow I'll get back to the cooking and am anticipating a nice fresh paella!!

warbey
15-11-2011, 21:47
Enjoy whatever You do. On Holiday its nice to let someone else cook and wash up
Hope the weather is good (usually is) and You have relaxed.

What time is the early Milking, 6 or earlier.?

cainaries
15-11-2011, 23:59
Hi there,folks. Sorry for the delay but yesterday spent the night in Bristol and today have arrived in Tenerife. (Waved to you cainaries when we flew over you).
Yes, the holiday has begun and so I have had two evenings of restaurant cooked meals. I did leave plenty of salad for you so I hope you enjoyed same. I'll just go and put the kettle on now and make you all a nice cup of tea - milk, mint and lemon all available.

Tomorrow I'll get back to the cooking and am anticipating a nice fresh paella!!

Ooh, I think I saw you! Thanks for the wave.

You shouldn't be cooking on holiday, hun! Everything a bit topsy turvey what with the builders in so I think we'll eat out tomorrow as well. May be things will be back to normal at the end of the week?

Santiago
16-11-2011, 18:51
Enjoy whatever You do. On Holiday its nice to let someone else cook and wash up
Hope the weather is good (usually is) and You have relaxed.

What time is the early Milking, 6 or earlier.?

I don't mind the cooking, it keeps me busy when the sun goes in!

Milking starts about 7am, warbey, although we have to get the cows in before that unless its winter then they are kept indoors in the warm.

Glad you saw the wave cainaries, I wasn't sure as the driver tilted the plane at just the wrong moment - as they do!! I might take a day or two off if everyone's happy, but I'll let you know the day before if I am going to cook so you don't waste time and energy getting your own!

Adios amigos - (I feel liked the lone ranger.)

:sunbathe:

warbey
16-11-2011, 20:23
I hope Your Holiday is going well..
I quite like the Plane tilting. You get a good view of Gigantes and the Airfield is not far off

I remember the three legged milking stool, and a cow that kicked when not expected to
These if I remember were Herefords. (Fresians just being introduced.)

Didnt fancy Paella, cos I dont really like it, so had a Chicken based Stir Fry instead..Tasty.
Tea after a Glass of Red. Yummy...

cainaries
17-11-2011, 17:58
I hope Your Holiday is going well..
I quite like the Plane tilting. You get a good view of Gigantes and the Airfield is not far off

I remember the three legged milking stool, and a cow that kicked when not expected to
These if I remember were Herefords. (Fresians just being introduced.)

Didnt fancy Paella, cos I dont really like it, so had a Chicken based Stir Fry instead..Tasty.
Tea after a Glass of Red. Yummy...

The chicken stir-fry sounds good, Warbey. Maybe with a light beer? I'm trying to remember the name of the beer we used to get in Chinese restaurants. But I can't.

warbey
17-11-2011, 19:41
The chicken stir-fry sounds good, Warbey. Maybe with a light beer? I'm trying to remember the name of the beer we used to get in Chinese restaurants. But I can't.

A bottle of "Red Stripe" as in Jamaica, would do the trick.
Even better, a Pint of "Medication" as served by a Friend at a beachside Restaurant in Los Cristianos.
with a chilled Glass .
Onion Peppers Rice Aceite Mixed Veg. Most ingredients available in the Supermercado too.!

cainaries
17-11-2011, 20:07
A bottle of "Red Stripe" as in Jamaica, would do the trick.
Even better, a Pint of "Medication" as served by a Friend at a beachside Restaurant in Los Cristianos.
with a chilled Glass .
Onion Peppers Rice Aceite Mixed Veg. Most ingredients available in the Supermercado too.!

Making me hungry! OH thinks the beer I'm thinking of was called something like Tsing-Tao. And wasn't there something called Tiger Beer or may be not.

warbey
17-11-2011, 20:15
Making me hungry! OH thinks the beer I'm thinking of was called something like Tsing-Tao. And wasn't there something called Tiger Beer or may be not.

All sorts of Beers on sale around here these Days. I havent drunk any Chinese Beer that I know of so cant say.
I think Tiger Beer does exist though. Not sure where it originates.

Heavy downpour here at present. Santiago is in the right place,cooking or not..
Wish I were there too, in the Area that is.

Santiago
18-11-2011, 19:51
All sorts of Beers on sale around here these Days. I havent drunk any Chinese Beer that I know of so cant say.
I think Tiger Beer does exist though. Not sure where it originates.

Heavy downpour here at present. Santiago is in the right place,cooking or not..
Wish I were there too, in the Area that is.

Tiger beer first originated in Singapore and is now exported all over the world. Haven't tried it as am more of a wine person - or anything that is offered freely!!

Sorry about your downpour warbey, nice and sunny here and has been at 27C all day although cooling off a bit now. Having a pizza tonight with salad as took OH out for his birthday last night and had a very nice steak. Maybe will do a roast on Sunday if I can find the right meat!!

warbey
18-11-2011, 20:48
I* must admit, when on Holiday I am happy with a Medium sized Meal.
During the Day We ternd to eat a light Meal until Evening.
I have been known to indulge in some roasted Almonds later. I love them..

A glass of Vina Del Mesa before going out on the Town is most acceptable too.

Goforgold
21-11-2011, 13:52
Hi MM

Thought I'd better reply in here as don't want to make the thread go off topic :)

Unfortunately I've not won any money yet, there just seems to be so much going on these days what with work, having to fit the gym in 3 times a week, along with all the other things that are happening.

You must have watched Frozen Planet the other day then - lots of lovely penguins !! :D I enjoyed the programme until David started talking about only one out of each chick survives and I don't like it when they just have to show the animals getting eaten. Why can't the programmes be all nice like they used to be?! They always have to show the nasty side to life now, for effect - we all know about that only too well!!!

The penguins were even more amusing as I watched TV Burps first!!!! :) - over to Suej now!!! ;)

Malteser Monkey
21-11-2011, 14:01
Oh yes I am loving frozen planet - if you like them you should get March of the Penguins great film and also the documentary of how it was made - blinkin great.

I know what you mean about the nasty bits but I just put my hands over my eyes like a child, I cry at anything.

Well done for keeping me on topic - I'm hopeless

going to email you

Goforgold
21-11-2011, 16:42
Oh yes I am loving frozen planet - if you like them you should get March of the Penguins great film and also the documentary of how it was made - blinkin great.

I know what you mean about the nasty bits but I just put my hands over my eyes like a child, I cry at anything.

Well done for keeping me on topic - I'm hopeless

going to email you

I will look out for that film - thanks. :)

The photography was absolutely amazing and I loved the time lapse filming of the ice and that waterfall freezing up.

I will be honest I've stopped watching these nature type programmes simply because of the way they have to home in on the nasties, oh and copulation too, but couldn't resist Frozen Planet. I will admit to being a bit down once I saw the second chick looking all dejected and he was obviously the one going to die of starvation :(

Malteser Monkey
21-11-2011, 16:53
it's an old film you can prob pick it up on ebay for a few quid

what about Happy Feet the cartoon

Goforgold
21-11-2011, 16:55
it's an old film you can prob pick it up on ebay for a few quid

what about Happy Feet the cartoon

Now I can cope with Happy Feet !! :D

I've always been bad watching things. When I was little I would cry when the credits came up at the end of Lassie and you would see him walking away over the hillside :( and don't get me on The Littlest Hobo!!! I couldn't watch cowboy films either as I got upset when they shot at each other and when the horses fell down :(

cainaries
21-11-2011, 22:16
MM & GFG - what are you on? What is this conversation about, please? I used to love the biscuits, that's all I can say, can you still get them?

Goforgold
22-11-2011, 09:05
MM & GFG - what are you on? What is this conversation about, please? I used to love the biscuits, that's all I can say, can you still get them?

Hello Stranger ;) Penguin bisquits - now you're talking!!! Shame I can't have them anymore :(

Malteser Monkey
22-11-2011, 09:52
Oh yes you can still get them - cake bars too.

The fury animals we are on about - have you been watching Frozen Planet ?

Morning GFG

Goforgold
22-11-2011, 10:07
Mornin' MM - just going to get ready for work.

Malteser Monkey
22-11-2011, 10:32
Mornin' MM - just going to get ready for work.

Part timer:whistle::cheeky:

cainaries
22-11-2011, 14:33
Oh yes you can still get them - cake bars too.

The fury animals we are on about - have you been watching Frozen Planet ?

Morning GFG

Fury animals? This just gets more confusing every day,

Beware, Dungeoneers, I am having a HUGE clear out and everything not spoken for will be going to the tip this week. Some things already gone, broken chairs, etc. Loads of old duvets already been thrown out for obvious reasons. Won't touch the wine cellar or booze cupboard, obviously.

Malteser Monkey
22-11-2011, 15:03
Fury animals? This just gets more confusing every day,

Beware, Dungeoneers, I am having a HUGE clear out and everything not spoken for will be going to the tip this week. Some things already gone, broken chairs, etc. Loads of old duvets already been thrown out for obvious reasons. Won't touch the wine cellar or booze cupboard, obviously.

not if you value your life mujer !!!!:crazy:

Everything of mine either has a label (MM) or tippex on it !

cainaries
22-11-2011, 15:13
not if you value your life mujer !!!!:crazy:

Everything of mine either has a label (MM) or tippex on it !

Oh dear, might have thrown an old chair of yours out then - it only had 3 legs - was it Santiago's milking stool, perhaps?

Malteser Monkey
22-11-2011, 15:38
it went with the three legged table where's that then ?

cainaries
22-11-2011, 15:43
it went with the three legged table where's that then ?

It's in the garage (would you have a garage in a dungeon, I wonder). Don't forget OH comes from the IoM so lots of 3-legged jokes and comments from him, none of them suitable for here.

Any chance of a cuppa, MM, I'm parched after lugging all those dusty relics of yesteryear outside to wait for a kind soul to take them to the tip? Isn't there a man with a van on this Forum somewhere?:devil:

Malteser Monkey
22-11-2011, 15:48
yes there's a few men with vans on this forum.

I'll make you a quick cuppa hun - I'm away at 3 xx

Santiago
22-11-2011, 21:47
Anyone for a nice cappuccino with real cream? Also have some very nice berlina crema sitting on the plate waiting for any passers by!

cainaries
22-11-2011, 23:31
Anyone for a nice cappuccino with real cream? Also have some very nice berlina crema sitting on the plate waiting for any passers by!

Barraquito for me, please, almost the same (but definitely not quite the same). I am afraid I don't know what a berlina crema is ... do tell because it sounds good just from the word crema.

warbey
23-11-2011, 20:24
I see We had visitors Yesterday then./

Yes We have a Garage *(or three) with a discreet entrance to suit.
Coffee and Cream sounds good. Any after 8's to accompany..

We have a Dock too.
Ship used to be there with Three Legs on the Stern, called Mona's Isle.
Historical that too ask O.H., if You havent thrown Him out too....lol

Santiago
23-11-2011, 21:40
Barraquito or cappuccino coming up in a large mug. Berlina crema is like a good old British round doughnut filled with loads of custard type cream! Tomorrow it will be caracolas - like a Danish pastry with icing on top and lots of sultanas and raisins.

warbey
23-11-2011, 21:49
I'll be there.
Berlina crema sounds good, not fussy on Sultanas etc..
Coffee welcome however it comes..
Do I need to book a Seat..?

cainaries
24-11-2011, 14:33
Barraquito or cappuccino coming up in a large mug. Berlina crema is like a good old British round doughnut filled with loads of custard type cream! Tomorrow it will be caracolas - like a Danish pastry with icing on top and lots of sultanas and raisins.

Ooh, useful to know as there is a shop here which does berlina cremas on Saturdays but I didn't know what it was so hadn't got excited about it.

Er, what happened to this diet, Santiago??

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2011, 14:45
Caracolas - Sorry Santiago but isn't that a snail (caracol) ?

cainaries
24-11-2011, 16:10
Caracolas - Sorry Santiago but isn't that a snail (caracol) ?

And also a spiral staircase. Don't fancy eating either of those much. Afternoon, Monkey, how's life?

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2011, 16:34
Not too bad hun, still breathing so that's a plus !

busy busy at mo - been organising our Christmas office bash,

you ok ?

Still no sign of Max C or Pol

MaxineC
24-11-2011, 18:17

you ok ?

Funny you should mention that MM.... Here I am!!! :D

Had my break, did what I needed to do and now I'm back larger than life... quite a bit larger actually, I seem to have piled on the kilos of late! Not happy, for the first time in my life I need to do one of those things called 'Diets"... :eek:

cainaries
24-11-2011, 18:22

you ok ?

How weird is that ... speak of the ...
Found a bottle of absinthe whilst cleaning out the drinks cupboard .... hmmm. .... who does this belong to I ask myself?

MaxineC
24-11-2011, 19:54
How weird is that ... speak of the ...
Found a bottle of absinthe whilst cleaning out the drinks cupboard .... hmmm. .... who does this belong to I ask myself?

My ears were burning... :D

The absinthe is definitely NOT mine... I did a tv piece on it once, the producer promised to cut the minute I said cheers and pretended to drink it, when I was actually going to spit it out. They didn't cut, I had to swallow, then promptly threw up... :D

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2011, 22:58
My ears were burning... :D

The absinthe is definitely NOT mine... I did a tv piece on it once, the producer promised to cut the minute I said cheers and pretended to drink it, when I was actually going to spit it out. They didn't cut, I had to swallow, then promptly threw up... :D

not the first and def not the last eh mujer:crylaughing::crylaughing::cheeky:

TOTO 99
25-11-2011, 04:50
not the first and def not the last eh mujer:crylaughing::crylaughing::cheeky:

Monkey, does this mean what I think it means? OMG!

Santiago
25-11-2011, 15:05
I'll be there.
Berlina crema sounds good, not fussy on Sultanas etc..
Coffee welcome however it comes..
Do I need to book a Seat..?

No, plenty of squashy cushions provided.

Caracolas are rather like chelsea buns, wound round and round and so looking rather like a snail or a spiral staircase - hence the name Caracola! I get them in Santiago V supermarket where they have a huge cake counter with all sorts of diet-ruin cakes, pies and etc.

Lovely to see Max is back in the dungeon. Any particular preferences Max? All diets are off for a week then we'll try a couple of weeks of slimming stuff before Christmas.

Pizza tonight folks - cheese, bacon, tomato, etc., with salad followed by Banana splits with vanilla ice cream, cream and a liberal pouring of a liqueur of your choice.

Malteser Monkey
25-11-2011, 15:13
Tia Maria and baileys please - over ice in a brandy glass - a large brandy glass Thanks Santiago

Everyone well ?

Suej
25-11-2011, 15:18
Tia Maria and baileys please - over ice in a brandy glass - a large brandy glass Thanks Santiago

Everyone well ?

I´m not well MM I´m freezing cold today! done loads of cleaning down here too! who did the washing today when will those duvets be dry?:snore:

Santiago
25-11-2011, 15:29
I´m not well MM I´m freezing cold today! done loads of cleaning down here too! who did the washing today when will those duvets be dry?:snore:

Nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows on its way to you to warm you up.

Malteser Monkey
25-11-2011, 15:35
Ohh me too Sue - at home keeping warm. Got some bug making me dizzier than usual :whistle: been feeling bit sick too argggh got up to get ready for work but just had to go back to bed.

Very cold here today and the winds are horrific.

If I drank brandy I'd have a little drop now with warm water. Always does the trick for Mum.

Suej
25-11-2011, 15:43
Nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows on its way to you to warm you up.

Awww Ta Santiago...just cannot get warm! I´m seriously thinking of putting on my slippers that haven´t seen the light of day for 2 years!

Malteser Monkey
25-11-2011, 16:10
Slippers ?? furry lined ???

Suej
25-11-2011, 17:00
Slippers ?? furry lined ???

Yep! they are animal print with pink fur lining and memory foam insoles! not just any slippers MM these are M&S slippers! They´re on my cold tootsies now! Bliss!!!:eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
25-11-2011, 17:25
Ahhh sounds nice - must be cold up there then - I remember when I lived in Buzanada how cold it got up there - had to buy a heater for the bathroom.

Just popped out and it is bitterly cold out there - that really fresh cold.

Suej
25-11-2011, 17:43
Sorry I´ve been a while replying Oh! I´m feeling so much better now hon!1846:laugh:

Added after 3 minutes:

Ahhh sounds nice - must be cold up there then - I remember when I lived in Buzanada how cold it got up there - had to buy a heater for the bathroom.

Just popped out and it is bitterly cold out there - that really fresh cold.

What temps you got today?:)

warbey
25-11-2011, 22:07
Sorry I´ve been a while replying Oh! I´m feeling so much better now hon!1846:laugh:

Added after 3 minutes:

Seven here at present Sue may have reached 11 earlier but We are more sheltered than Monkey..
Breezy here earloi8er but with a distinct chill.
I'll bet Slodge notices it, on the Moors.!

What temps you got today?:)

Hope Youre better soon Monkey, not much cognac left either.
Santiago.. How do You manage to make Me feel peckish AFTER a good Meal.?

I'll have one of everything except the round things with Icing, thanks.

cainaries
26-11-2011, 00:07

So glad you wrote this - I am absolutely freezing cold and have been since mid-afternoon. Am wearing 3 sweaters. OH even has a long-sleeved shirt on. I've put out lots of polar fleece blankets for everyone in case the duvets still aren't dry. Might have to warm them by the Dungeon Furnace. It's not that cold according to the thermometer but I'm shivering here.

Suej
26-11-2011, 13:30
So glad you wrote this - I am absolutely freezing cold and have been since mid-afternoon. Am wearing 3 sweaters. OH even has a long-sleeved shirt on. I've put out lots of polar fleece blankets for everyone in case the duvets still aren't dry. Might have to warm them by the Dungeon Furnace. It's not that cold according to the thermometer but I'm shivering here.

It is really chilly again today! I think this is the coldest I have felt since I moved up here over 6 years ago! started off sunny but clouds are back! Brghhhh!:cold:Can you knit us some gloves and scarves Cainaries please:wink2:?

MaxineC
26-11-2011, 15:04
Not fussy Santiago, as MM pointed out I'll eat and drink most things... :whistle:

I'm bloody freezing too, sat here in fluffy pj's and a blanket over me... Oh the glamour! :wow:

cainaries
26-11-2011, 17:35
It is really chilly again today! I think this is the coldest I have felt since I moved up here over 6 years ago! started off sunny but clouds are back! Brghhhh!:cold:Can you knit us some gloves and scarves Cainaries please:wink2:?

Not sure anyone would ever wear anything I'd knitted - especially not glamorous types like you and Max! Happy to report that it has warmed up here on LP. We got up in cold grey drizzle and had to head over to the Tenerife side of the island where it was warmer and by lunch time we had blue skies and sunshine and it's luvverly. But I'll make a big jug of hot chocolate for you all if you like - do you want a slug of 43 in it?

Suej
26-11-2011, 17:49
Not sure anyone would ever wear anything I'd knitted - especially not glamorous types like you and Max! Happy to report that it has warmed up here on LP. We got up in cold grey drizzle and had to head over to the Tenerife side of the island where it was warmer and by lunch time we had blue skies and sunshine and it's luvverly. But I'll make a big jug of hot chocolate for you all if you like - do you want a slug of 43 in it?

I´m not fussed about style or colour Cainaries as long as they are warm!:) Hot Chocolate would be lovely Mmmmm! double slug for me please:wink2:
Sun´s out here too now! OH has put up our wall patio heater for later so should be snug as a bug for wine O´Clock!:cheers2:

cainaries
26-11-2011, 19:15
I´m not fussed about style or colour Cainaries as long as they are warm!:) Hot Chocolate would be lovely Mmmmm! double slug for me please:wink2:
Sun´s out here too now! OH has put up our wall patio heater for later so should be snug as a bug for wine O´Clock!:cheers2:

What time is wine o'clock in the Dungeon, I wonder? Suspect it might be 24/7. Chocolate coming up now and looking forward to drinks under your patio heater later on!

Suej
26-11-2011, 20:14
What time is wine o'clock in the Dungeon, I wonder? Suspect it might be 24/7. Chocolate coming up now and looking forward to drinks under your patio heater later on!

Just enjoying my first vino tinto of the evening! bottle is open Cainaries help yourself! getting nice and warm outside now :)

cainaries
26-11-2011, 20:17
Just enjoying my first vino tinto of the evening! bottle is open Cainaries help yourself! getting nice and warm outside now :)

Ooh, lovely, just getting my glass - cheers, Suej! Any nibbles?

warbey
26-11-2011, 20:48
Ooh, lovely, just getting my glass - cheers, Suej! Any nibbles?

A quick Barbie with a few skewers of titbits I suggest
I have diced Chicken, Pork or Beef.
Plenty of Peppers.Quite sure Santiago will provide a mouth-watering sweet!
Around about 11 here today, so anything wooly will do for Me. (Except a Sheep..welsh joke)

For Supper how about Toast and Hot Bovril by the Furnace Door?

Santiago
27-11-2011, 21:37
A quick Barbie with a few skewers of titbits I suggest
I have diced Chicken, Pork or Beef.
Plenty of Peppers.Quite sure Santiago will provide a mouth-watering sweet!
Around about 11 here today, so anything wooly will do for Me. (Except a Sheep..welsh joke)

For Supper how about Toast and Hot Bovril by the Furnace Door?

Sorry, OH decided he would like roast chicken, etc., and so followed it with plain old ice cream. However, as you all seem to be suffering from the cold, how about a nice treacle tart and custard? Large portions only available!

warbey
27-11-2011, 21:51
Sorry, OH decided he would like roast chicken, etc., and so followed it with plain old ice cream. However, as you all seem to be suffering from the cold, how about a nice treacle tart and custard? Large portions only available!

Yes please

Last night around 23.30 was at filling Station and nearly blown over by Gale.
Things flying across the road,.. scary
Temperature around -3 overnight.
Two0 more Duvets Sue please.?

cainaries
27-11-2011, 22:37
Yes please

Have put huge winter duvets out for everyone, Warbey! I'm even debating buying flannelette (sp?) sheets which I've never had in my life. Going to get OH onto chopping up logs for the furnace in the morning.

We went out for a meal with friends to a restaurant really up in them thar hills tonight and when we came out it was bitter. It's beautiful during the day but once the sun goes down.....brrrrrr......

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2011, 14:30
Yes please

yes that's what it was like here and someone told me they reported that the winds were only 25 mph - joke

Have put huge winter duvets out for everyone, Warbey! I'm even debating buying flannelette (sp?) sheets which I've never had in my life. Going to get OH onto chopping up logs for the furnace in the morning.

We went out for a meal with friends to a restaurant really up in them thar hills tonight and when we came out it was bitter. It's beautiful during the day but once the sun goes down.....brrrrrr......

Flannelette sheets - I had you down as a flannelete nighty kinda girl:raspberry2::crylaughing::cheeky::fryingpan::h ide:

Afternoon Cainaries !

Suej
28-11-2011, 15:23
yes that's what it was like here and someone told me they reported that the winds were only 25 mph - joke

Flannelette sheets - I had you down as a flannelete nighty kinda girl:raspberry2::crylaughing::cheeky::fryingpan::h ide:

Afternoon Cainaries !

I had a pair of flanelette PJ´s white with pink lipstick kisses design over them! Very glam they were from Miss Selfridge! We´re off to Santa Cruz tomorrow and I might treat myself to an electric underblanket while I´m there. We also found a lovely interiors shop in Avenue de España that I want to have a poke around in for Chrizzy bits! Have you got all your Christmas shopping yet anyone? putting tree and decs up on Thursday how about you lot?:santa::rudolf:

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2011, 15:27
I put my tree up yesterday - beautiful - apart from that not really thought about it yet Sue

MaxineC
28-11-2011, 20:24
Cold, feel miserable and not the least bit Christmassy... and got ANOTHER MRI scan tomorrow morning! Bah stinking humbug! :(

cainaries
28-11-2011, 22:54
Cold, feel miserable and not the least bit Christmassy... and got ANOTHER MRI scan tomorrow morning! Bah stinking humbug! :(

Sorry to hear that, Maxine, hope it goes well.

Not feeling at all Christmassy either. We are about to have the house ripped apart tomorrow and new wiring put in. Had to more or less clear the place today and I'm exhausted and I don't know where anything is. It's almost worse than moving house - at least you get a new home at the end of it when you do that.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

Afternoon Cainaries !

Oh ha blinkin' ha! Actually it's worse than that, lots of layers and even bedsocks.

Suej
28-11-2011, 23:01

Aww C´mon Max you will be fine! don´t feel down hon! Giz us a smile!:wink2:

Goforgold
28-11-2011, 23:10
I put my tree up yesterday - beautiful - apart from that not really thought about it yet Sue

Mines up too MM - OH off to do his panto for 5 weeks next week, so thought I'd make it Chrismassy for us both as he won't be around. I'm really enjoying Christmas this year, first time in many years :D

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2011, 11:06
Morning all

bit early for you lot I know - still tucked under your duvets ?

Max u been for scan yet ?

warbey
29-11-2011, 20:06
Morning all

bit early for you lot I know - still tucked under your duvets ?

Max u been for scan yet ?

just waking up when You posted MM.
I used to love flannellette Sheets and a Feather Mattress when a Youth
Just an Electric Blanket now. (and O.H.) Wouldnt be without it.

I like this log fire.
What should We Toast..?

Felt almost like Home reading the Posts and who made them.
Still a few missing though.

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2011, 22:14
Yeah I know Warbs shame eh

MaxineC
30-11-2011, 13:02
Not really sure what to make of yesterdays events... Had my scan, was a brave girl and didn't freak out like I usually do, only to be told at the end of it that they are going to rush through the results as it is now classed as an emergency!! :wow: Will know more on Friday. How cruel to say that to somebody then leave them worrying themselves stupid for 3 days... :(

Ecky Thump
30-11-2011, 13:10
Not really sure what to make of yesterdays events... Had my scan, was a brave girl and didn't freak out like I usually do, only to be told at the end of it that they are going to rush through the results as it is now classed as an emergency!! :wow: Will know more on Friday. How cruel to say that to somebody then leave them worrying themselves stupid for 3 days... :(

Maxcine, I hope you get the results that you want, it also seems cruel to me, to tell someone that the scan results are being treated as a emergency and then told to wait a further three days for the results, when I had my scans in Glasgow there was a consultant there at the time and gave his feedback as he viewed them.

MaxineC
30-11-2011, 14:15
The last one i had the consultant sat in... Guess there's nothing I can do until I hear on Friday, and hope that if they felt it was that urgent (as in I might drop dead in the next few days!! they would have kept me in there and then... Meanwhile I'm clock watching! :(

Ecky Thump
30-11-2011, 14:24
The last one i had the consultant sat in... Guess there's nothing I can do until I hear on Friday, and hope that if they felt it was that urgent (as in I might drop dead in the next few days!! they would have kept me in there and then... Meanwhile I'm clock watching! :(

No Chance!!

Only the good die young.:hide:

TOTO 99
30-11-2011, 16:27

lol...at first glance I thought that last sentence said "meanwhile I'm **** watching....:laugh:

as in see oh see kay...

warbey
30-11-2011, 20:11
It may be the Consultant is elsewhere and will have the Readings Faxed through.
If You dont get contacted beforehand things wont be too bad.......
We have Specialists who work Privately for a few Days in this Area, so arent always available EVERY Day..

By the Way, Anyone have anything to Eat. No Cooks around again and the Chinese is closed.
HELP..?

MaxineC
01-12-2011, 01:01
My consultant is based in the hospital... My logical side says that if it was something serious they'd found, my consultant would have been notified whilst I was till still there. My illogical side is making me think all sorts of weird and not so wonderful thoughts! ;)

I still think it's a cruel/irresponsible thing to tell a patient they are now classing their case as urgent, but then leave you for 3 days to let your imagination run riot... Not to mention giving me weird dreams; last night I they found a 2nd head growing in my cheekbone!!! :wow: :rofl:

Malteser Monkey
01-12-2011, 10:24
lol...at first glance I thought that last sentence said "meanwhile I'm **** watching....:laugh:

as in see oh see kay...

Toto you are naughty ....but I like you....:cheeky:

you were the only one who got my post the other day shhhhhh :whistle:

Mornings all

Ohhh Max what a pain in the derrier - 3 days ! How's you today ?

MaxineC
01-12-2011, 13:37
24hrs closer and a cross between being more nervous/anxious and getting angrier that they've handled it this way... I stupidly googled the reasons for the type of scan I had (something I bollock other people for doing!) and really wished I hadn't... Stoopid, stoopid girl!! :(

Malteser Monkey
01-12-2011, 13:48
Was it the one where you go into a tube for about 15 mins and you have to stay perfectly still and then there's little banging noises ?

Suej
01-12-2011, 14:02
Was it the one where you go into a tube for about 15 mins and you have to stay perfectly still and then there's little banging noises ?

Tube? banging noises? time for your medication hon!:crazy:

TOTO 99
01-12-2011, 14:04
24hrs closer and a cross between being more nervous/anxious and getting angrier that they've handled it this way... I stupidly googled the reasons for the type of scan I had (something I bollock other people for doing!) and really wished I hadn't... Stoopid, stoopid girl!! :(

Relax Max, they have a checklist and they have to scan to eliminate. It's as simple as that. Just something else to cross off the list that's all. I would guess the majority of scans turn up nothing to worry about........but don't google that in case I'm wrong..lol.. You'll be fine.
Anyway, more importantly, how come you can use the word bollock but I can't say ****..:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
01-12-2011, 14:13
Tube? banging noises? time for your medication hon!:crazy:

I think that's a CT scan - it gives you loads of different photo sections of the brain. Amazing pictures - actually I was just amazed there was something in there to scan !

On a serious note luckily I was fine !

Relax Max, they have a checklist and they have to scan to eliminate. It's as simple as that. Just something else to cross off the list that's all. I would guess the majority of scans turn up nothing to worry about........but don't google that in case I'm wrong..lol.. You'll be fine.
Anyway, more importantly, how come you can use the word bollock but I can't say ****..:laugh:

that's true 1 coz I can't say xxxxxxxxxxxx either :devil:

MaxineC
01-12-2011, 18:41

Yes, they're called RMN scans here, but we know them as MRI/CAT scans... The first one they did was for brain abnormalities (and yes, there was a brain there! ;) ) and this latest one was a vascular one, to check the arteries.

I'm trying not to think/worry about it, but really difficult when the radiologist tells you it has now been upgraded to needing urgent attention... Somebody will be getting a serious telling off from me tomorrow. Even if they have found something, it is still VERY wrong to say what they did to me, then leave me for 3 days...

ps: I can say bollock because I'm special... :rofl:

warbey
01-12-2011, 20:28

Didnt know You had trained as a Chimney Sweep Hun..?

TOTO 99
01-12-2011, 21:13
Yes, they're called RMN scans here, but we know them as MRI/CAT scans... The first one they did was for brain abnormalities (and yes, there was a brain there! ;) ) and this latest one was a vascular one, to check the arteries.

I'm trying not to think/worry about it, but really difficult when the radiologist tells you it has now been upgraded to needing urgent attention... Somebody will be getting a serious telling off from me tomorrow. Even if they have found something, it is still VERY wrong to say what they did to me, then leave me for 3 days...

I'm familiar with "special"................:cheeky:.I went to their school..

Santiago
03-12-2011, 18:28

Don't worry Max, they are rushing it through so they can take off early for the weekend. Hope by now you have received good news and are waiting for the next check up which will also tell you nothing.

Sorry I have been taking time off folks, I had two lovely hot days in the sun which I used to top up my tan and the OH took me out for food each day! Yesterday was spent sweltering in the airport, boringly flying back and then driving home. Today the usual emptying suitcases, washing, cleaning, (how does a house get dirty when there is no one in it?), etc., etc.

However, tomorrow I shall be doing a buffet for you all - a smorgasbord of unparalleled magnificence containing every dish mentioned this year - and maybe a few more. Some hot, some cold, some iced, etc. There will be a full bar with everything from cough mixture to champers - the real stuff not the fizzy junk! Start when you like and enjoy!!!

:hungry::hungry: :drunks2: :hungry::hungry:

warbey
03-12-2011, 19:47
Good Lord Woman. What about the Washing thats piled up.
I'll just have a Sandwich please.?
I'll start with the Cough mixture and work along.
Thanks.

P.S. Hope the Break was as good as it sounded.
Dont forget the extra Bedding....

MaxineC
04-12-2011, 13:21
All fine & dandy... and one radiologist suitably bollocked, by the doctor! :)

Turns out the poor chap was just trying to help, and hadn't realised the stress of putting me through the 'Urgent' system would create (why didn't he just explain to us why he was doing it ??? ). I've told him he owes me botox to remove the extra wrinkles this week has given me, and a trip to the hairdressers to sort out the grey hairs ;)

So now back to my chilled out self, and all I need is some injections around my eye area to numb the nerves... Result!

Cheers & Merry Christmas! :D

Santiago
04-12-2011, 15:33
Good Lord Woman. What about the Washing thats piled up.
I'll just have a Sandwich please.?
I'll start with the Cough mixture and work along.
Thanks.

P.S. Hope the Break was as good as it sounded.
Dont forget the extra Bedding....

One sandwich coming up - hope you enjoy it. 1944

Wasn't cold when we got back to Bristol but has chilled off since then and have had to put the other half of the duvet on (an extra 4 togs).

Delighted to hear that all was well Max and you only have to wait for the eye injections. Is there botox in those? If not, there should be.

warbey
04-12-2011, 20:35
Thanks Santiago for the Sandwich.
The Milk Yield is up and a couple of dry stone walls are repaired
Fresh Bedding where required (outside).
Diesel s running low though.

Glad You are sorted Max.
I need Botox in My Mouth after that Sandwich.
Took two Bottles of Red to wash it down..

Seriuosly. this Year seemed to have a lot of Health worries on this Forum.
I hope 2012 is a better Year for us all.

Santiago
04-12-2011, 23:46
Thanks Santiago for the Sandwich.
The Milk Yield is up and a couple of dry stone walls are repaired
Fresh Bedding where required (outside).
Diesel s running low though.

Glad You are sorted Max.
I need Botox in My Mouth after that Sandwich.
Took two Bottles of Red to wash it down..

Seriuosly. this Year seemed to have a lot of Health worries on this Forum.
I hope 2012 is a better Year for us all.

Thanks for the dry stone walling - a hateful job unless you know what you are doing. Diesel will be delivered on Tuesday, thanks for the reminder. Don't need much bedding inside as the cows are still out down here.

Glad you liked the sandwich - one of my best efforts!

I agree that 2012 should be a better year for all. I had that many scans and x-rays this year I positively glow in the dark! My sympathies with anyone who has been struck down with anything nasty.

warbey
05-12-2011, 19:12
Thanks for the dry stone walling - a hateful job unless you know what you are doing. Diesel will be delivered on Tuesday, thanks for the reminder. Don't need much bedding inside as the cows are still out down here.

Glad you liked the sandwich - one of my best efforts!

I agree that 2012 should be a better year for all. I had that many scans and x-rays this year I positively glow in the dark! My sympathies with anyone who has been struck down with anything nasty.

Thanks for the approval............. The Bedding wasnt for the Cattle.....lol.
Found some Duvets though..!
There's also Logs at the far end of the Barn.
A good Power take-off that too, for sawing them.

Got to go now. Going out. Prap[s back Later.

Santiago
07-12-2011, 14:44
Thanks for the approval............. The Bedding wasnt for the Cattle.....lol.
Found some Duvets though..!
There's also Logs at the far end of the Barn.
A good Power take-off that too, for sawing them.

Got to go now. Going out. Prap[s back Later.

Found the logs, thank you very much. Couldn't light the fire until evening yesterday as two handsome young men turned up to fit my new french windows. Consequently had a big gap in the lounge for the whole of the afternoon and spent most of my time making coffee!

Going to do a fry up this evening as seem to have accumulated a freezer full of bits and pieces. Do you prefer chips or hash browns?

warbey
07-12-2011, 20:15
Found the logs, thank you very much. Couldn't light the fire until evening yesterday as two handsome young men turned up to fit my new french windows. Consequently had a big gap in the lounge for the whole of the afternoon and spent most of my time making coffee!

Going to do a fry up this evening as seem to have accumulated a freezer full of bits and pieces. Do you prefer chips or hash browns?

Chips with a couple of Hash Browns and a few Peas please.
Couple of rounds of medium slice white with best butter and I am a happy Chappie.

I think We are due for a Barbeque and I have some Meat and Peppers to cook.
When should We have it.?

Santiago
07-12-2011, 23:24
Chips with a couple of Hash Browns and a few Peas please.
Couple of rounds of medium slice white with best butter and I am a happy Chappie.

I think We are due for a Barbeque and I have some Meat and Peppers to cook.
When should We have it.?

Friday night? I am orf to the butcher's tomorrow so could get any extras you need. Just give me a shout!

warbey
08-12-2011, 19:19
Friday night? I am orf to the butcher's tomorrow so could get any extras you need. Just give me a shout!

Some spare Ribs and some Rib Chunks please.
The omly Game Birds I like, never had Feathers.
A roll of Foil too If available.

Strong Gale/s up Here with plenty of the Wet stuff too.
I' sooner be there too.!
at least the Rain is warm.......

Santiago
08-12-2011, 23:36
Some spare Ribs and some Rib Chunks please.
The omly Game Birds I like, never had Feathers.
A roll of Foil too If available.

Strong Gale/s up Here with plenty of the Wet stuff too.
I' sooner be there too.!
at least the Rain is warm.......

Okay, warbs, all stowed away for you and managed to get the foil too.

Bit nasty down here as well but at least it was warm - didn't light the fire until after 4pm.

cainaries
09-12-2011, 20:07
Is this BBQ still on for tonight? Shall I put some potatoes to bake or am I too late?

warbey
09-12-2011, 21:09
Is this BBQ still on for tonight? Shall I put some potatoes to bake or am I too late?

Nice timing.........Yes please.

Your absence has been noted. Havent You both rebuilt that House Yet,?... ....ha..ha
Red wine running low too.
There.s a Disco booked Sunday Night.
Tenerife Forum 10 per cent off too. Fee agreed but They want feeding in lieu.
150 m.p.h. Gales on the North East last Night. Must have been rough in Scotland..
Breezy but Sunny this Morning, with a chill in the Air.

cainaries
09-12-2011, 22:55
Nice timing.........Yes please.

Your absence has been noted. Havent You both rebuilt that House Yet,?... ....ha..ha
Red wine running low too.
There.s a Disco booked Sunday Night.
Tenerife Forum 10 per cent off too. Fee agreed but They want feeding in lieu.
150 m.p.h. Gales on the North East last Night. Must have been rough in Scotland..
Breezy but Sunny this Morning, with a chill in the Air.

Thanks, Warbey. (No, the rewiring of our real house is still on going and I am never ever doing anything like this again ...aagh!)

Could do with a disco (do people actually still have disco's??) to cheer me up. Better clear a big space somewhere in the Dungeon for the dancing and head-banging and all that stuff and get lots of stocks in tomorrow.

Been lovely here but it is, clears throat, a bit breezy tonight.

Santiago
09-12-2011, 23:52
Could do with a disco (do people actually still have disco's??) to cheer me up. Better clear a big space somewhere in the Dungeon for the dancing and head-banging and all that stuff and get lots of stocks in tomorrow.

Been lovely here but it is, clears throat, a bit breezy tonight.

Have loaded the dungeon with chops, sausages, drumsticks, etc., so not too much required for the Sunday do. Could someone grab some soft rolls for the hot dogs?

Weather good down here today, got all the washing done and dried on the line. Weatherman says it will be the same tomorrow - goody!

:washingmachine:

warbey
10-12-2011, 19:44
Plenty of room in the Old dining Hall as a lot are checked out.
Soft Rolls on order and Onions to accompany for Authenticity.
As its a Disco the Word wire will be heard but nothing Personal to Participants.
No Wallflowers allowed.
As befits its purpose as a Dungeon, there will be a lock-in until 02.00 ack emma
Vehicles in the secure Yard please.

Santiago
10-12-2011, 23:38
Plenty of room in the Old dining Hall as a lot are checked out.
Soft Rolls on order and Onions to accompany for Authenticity.
As its a Disco the Word wire will be heard but nothing Personal to Participants.
No Wallflowers allowed.
As befits its purpose as a Dungeon, there will be a lock-in until 02.00 ack emma
Vehicles in the secure Yard please.

I should be there in the early afternoon to help get things ready. Is there anything we have forgotten?

cainaries
11-12-2011, 00:37
I should be there in the early afternoon to help get things ready. Is there anything we have forgotten?

Hope not, lots of booze, ice, food, music ... what else could there be that we dare mention on here?

warbey
11-12-2011, 20:58
Hope not, lots of booze, ice, food, music ... what else could there be that we dare mention on here?

Christmas Decorations....seen to..

(I havent had a virus to worry about..)!

Did anyone check the Duvets.?

cainaries
11-12-2011, 22:10
Christmas Decorations....seen to..

(I havent had a virus to worry about..)!

Did anyone check the Duvets.?

I did and I didn't care for what I found. I think we might have to dig into the contingency fund after Reyes and take advantage of the Sales for some new ones.

(Did I not send you the virus, Warbey ... how odd!)

Santiago
11-12-2011, 22:55
I completely forgot about the decorations! Thank goodness you remembered warbs! It all seems to be going well, doesn't it? A bit noisy though!! :c2:

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2011, 11:29

Yes Me ! booooo

How are we for red ?

Everyone ok ?

Santiago
12-12-2011, 15:23
Yes Me ! booooo

How are we for red ?

Everyone ok ?

No, we didn't forget you - we knew you would turn up as we needed you to get the party going! Glad you brought some red with you, we were getting a bit low.

Think everyone was okay, at least they seemed to be enjoying themselves. One or two bodies on the floor were left to sleep it off but that was all. Well done everyone!

:c2:

warbey
12-12-2011, 20:03
I did and I didn't care for what I found. I think we might have to dig into the contingency fund after Reyes and take advantage of the Sales for some new ones.

(Did I not send you the virus, Warbey ... how odd!)

Yes it got here. no harm done though as far as I know..
Their Viagra was very cheap)

Great Night wasnt it?, and the Floor cleaned up well for Dancing too.
Meat scraps went to the two Guard Dogs.
Anyone spot any lurkers?

Decorations left up for Christmas and the Turkeys are on order.
They will be cooked Outside of the Dungeon by a Family Member.
Dont forget to make a note of how many to attend.
All to be vouched for by a Forum Member.

Santiago
13-12-2011, 23:28
Yes it got here. no harm done though as far as I know..
Their Viagra was very cheap)

Great Night wasnt it?, and the Floor cleaned up well for Dancing too.
Meat scraps went to the two Guard Dogs.
Anyone spot any lurkers?

Decorations left up for Christmas and the Turkeys are on order.
They will be cooked Outside of the Dungeon by a Family Member.
Dont forget to make a note of how many to attend.
All to be vouched for by a Forum Member.

No, didn't see any lurkers, just everyone enjoying themselves. Would you like a nice honey roast ham for the Christmas do and some goose fat for the roast potatoes?

warbey
14-12-2011, 21:07
No, didn't see any lurkers, just everyone enjoying themselves. Would you like a nice honey roast ham for the Christmas do and some goose fat for the roast potatoes?

Sounds good to Me.!
As a Child I used to get Goose Grease rubbed on My chest if I had a cough.
Sounds better for the Tatties though.
The Ham sounds good too.
Does anyone fancy some Salmon, or are We all Meat Eaters.?

See there's a Pasty Competition nex March in St Austell.

Santiago
15-12-2011, 17:29
Sounds good to Me.!
As a Child I used to get Goose Grease rubbed on My chest if I had a cough.
Sounds better for the Tatties though.
The Ham sounds good too.
Does anyone fancy some Salmon, or are We all Meat Eaters.?

See there's a Pasty Competition nex March in St Austell.

Okay, I'll do the ham and the goose fat. I really like salmon in any shape or form so that would be nice if you can supply some, warbs.

There are pasty competitions all year round in Cornwall, I think. I would never enter because my pastry isn't good enough. You remember the old vinyl records? Well, at one time they were being made into flower pot holders as they could be moulded easily with a little heat. Well, that's how my pasties turn out - like open flower pot holders. (They taste delicious though!!)

warbey
15-12-2011, 21:19
Okay, I'll do the ham and the goose fat. I really like salmon in any shape or form so that would be nice if you can supply some, warbs.

There are pasty competitions all year round in Cornwall, I think. I would never enter because my pastry isn't good enough. You remember the old vinyl records? Well, at one time they were being made into flower pot holders as they could be moulded easily with a little heat. Well, that's how my pasties turn out - like open flower pot holders. (They taste delicious though!!)

We still have a few Records of 78 33 etc. Reminders of happy Days, (and Evenings too)
I always enjoyed My Mum's baking failures too. Hungry little so and so I was.
3 or 4 lb of Salmon then.
I like Yellow Haddock, Grilled with watered Milk to cook them in for some of the time.
Again We got a shock last time We got some. About three times dearer it was.

I see some nasty weather is forecast,(again) including snow.
It's always nice though to leave it behind and go to Our second Home (I wish) Tenerife.
Each time We meet another one or two Fellow Forum Members We hadnt met
Never been disappointed Yet either.

Malteser Monkey
18-12-2011, 23:45
Can't see where else to put this but how bloody great were Gary Barlow and Michael Buble singing live tonight and without ear pierces the harmonies were spot on and you could just see how they meant it ohhhh just bloody great

Suej
19-12-2011, 13:27
Can't see where else to put this but how bloody great were Gary Barlow and Michael Buble singing live tonight and without ear pierces the harmonies were spot on and you could just see how they meant it ohhhh just bloody great

Spot on MM!!!! :agree: Blady brilliant the pair of them!!! I could have watched a whole evening of them singing together! that´s probably the best entertainment we´re gonna see throughout the whole of the Christmas period!:c2::c2::c2:

Malteser Monkey
19-12-2011, 13:34
I had recorded it and watched it 4 times !

It's on the ITV player for anyone that missed it. True class. Two hunky geezers and just loving those stubbly beards, am getting all unnecessary :tongue:

Suej
19-12-2011, 13:37
I had recorded it and watched it 4 times !

It's on the ITV player for anyone that missed it. True class. Two hunky geezers and just loving those stubbly beards, am getting all unnecessary :tongue:

Ha Ha! me too! in your own words Oooooh eeer misus! :laugh:

Added after 2 minutes:

MM and myself are wondering where MaxC is! anyone know how she is?

Malteser Monkey
19-12-2011, 13:47
yes where is she

and how is she

Cainaries where are you ?

Suej
19-12-2011, 16:21
This is nice...............run your mouse over the picture! Meeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Christmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!
http://www.elion.ee/docs/joulukaart/eng/

Malteser Monkey
19-12-2011, 16:54
This is nice...............run your mouse over the picture! Meeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Christmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!
http://www.elion.ee/docs/joulukaart/eng/

Ahhh you soppy so and so

cainaries
19-12-2011, 22:53
yes where is she

and how is she

Buried under a pile of rubble and cement! With no telly. Don't mention Christmas, please! Unless you want a cement butty interlaced with chopped electrical wiring.

How is everyone?

Santiago
19-12-2011, 23:33
Buried under a pile of rubble and cement! With no telly. Don't mention Christmas, please! Unless you want a cement butty interlaced with chopped electrical wiring.

How is everyone?

Aaaahhh! Sorry to hear that, any hope it will be finished by Christmas? Perhaps we could all get together and find some tents, etc., and come over and set up near you to cheer you up! Meanwhile, down this nice glass of South African Merlot - and enjoy!

cainaries
20-12-2011, 00:02
Aaaahhh! Sorry to hear that, any hope it will be finished by Christmas? Perhaps we could all get together and find some tents, etc., and come over and set up near you to cheer you up! Meanwhile, down this nice glass of South African Merlot - and enjoy!

Thanks ... glug glug glug ... cheers.

Found some Australian wine in our local supermarket this week, first time we've seen it here. The samples have gone down a treat.

warbey
20-12-2011, 19:41
I agree Girls, Michael Bubbles was pretty b... Good.
He didnt do Himself any harm with that Performance.
I thought the Finale with the Boy Choir was unbalanced especially for the last Nunber though.

Merlot from ANY Country would have gone down well, but I was with Mr Bell instead..

cainaries
20-12-2011, 23:12
I agree Girls, Michael Bubbles was pretty b... Good.
He didnt do Himself any harm with that Performance.
I thought the Finale with the Boy Choir was unbalanced especially for the last Nunber though.

Merlot from ANY Country would have gone down well, but I was with Mr Bell instead..

I much prefer Mr. Bell to Uncle Jim (Bean) any day.

Santiago
21-12-2011, 00:02
I much prefer Mr. Bell to Uncle Jim (Bean) any day.

As long as it's alcoholic - who cares?

Malteser Monkey
22-12-2011, 13:26
just to share with you we are having a christmas buffet - yum yum - some lovely bits we have brought in

MaxineC
22-12-2011, 13:28
Ha Ha! me too! in your own words Oooooh eeer misus! :laugh:

Added after 2 minutes:

MM and myself are wondering where MaxC is! anyone know how she is?

yes where is she

and how is she

I'm here!!! I'm fine thanks, still winking at everybody but feeling good... well I am today, yesterday I was feeling a tad delicate after the forum knees up :D

Sorry not been around much, just been so busy so had to get my head down and do some of that money earning thing they call work... Pah!! My new years resolution is to annoy you all much more regularly... :D

Malteser Monkey
22-12-2011, 13:31
That's good to hear Max will look forward to it !

Why still winking hun ?

Suej
22-12-2011, 13:55
just to share with you we are having a christmas buffet - yum yum - some lovely bits we have brought in

Did you make ´em a nice drizzle cake? Mmmmmmm!:wave:

That's good to hear Max will look forward to it !

Why still winking hun?

The wind changed direction!!!:eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
22-12-2011, 14:57
Did you make ´em a nice drizzle cake? Mmmmmmm!:wave:

The wind changed direction!!!:eyebrows:

Not another one - they've just had the lemon and Lime one !!! I made the sarnies

what is with the winking

warbey
22-12-2011, 20:57
Could someone turn the sound up please, I like this tune.

Nothing to do with wee willie winkie?