PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Dungeon thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

MaxineC
23-12-2011, 15:35
That's good to hear Max will look forward to it !

Why still winking hun ?

Because I'm currently arguing with DKV as to who should pay for the botox... They said they'll pay for the treatment, but not the botox itself. I'm demanding they do, I pay a fortune every month for my insurance, it should be covered. Now they're ignoring me... :D

warbey
23-12-2011, 20:40
I cant follow that Statement Max.

The Fella at the end of Your signature keeps winking at Me Hon. :wave:

MaxineC
24-12-2011, 13:18
That's not a chap, it's me....!! :D

Santiago
24-12-2011, 22:36
Has everyone hung up their stockings? I didn't notice any when I was down there earlier, so I hung mine over the aga!

cainaries
24-12-2011, 22:51
Has everyone hung up their stockings? I didn't notice any when I was down there earlier, so I hung mine over the aga!
Well, at least you'll have toastie toes. And may be a tangerine!

Santiago
25-12-2011, 16:38
Well, at least you'll have toastie toes. And may be a tangerine!

What? No nuts? :crylaughing:

warbey
25-12-2011, 21:15
What? No nuts? :crylaughing:

Only a chipolata, sorry. :tiphat::tiphat:

warbey
26-12-2011, 19:33
The (oiled) creaking Doors are open.

Only ME left.?:crylaughing::crylaughing:

Santiago
26-12-2011, 23:24
The (oiled) creaking Doors are open.

Only ME left.?:crylaughing::crylaughing:

I left before you arrived, but there is stacks of food and drink - just help yourself!

cainaries
26-12-2011, 23:43
The sausage rolls are fantastic - thanks someone! Very low on vino, Suej - I think the shops are open again tomorrow - any chance of a restock?

Goforgold
27-12-2011, 11:57
Only a chipolata, sorry. :tiphat::tiphat:

Never mind Warbey - you can do a lot with a chipolata!!! ;)

warbey
27-12-2011, 19:51
Never mind Warbey - you can do a lot with a chipolata!!! ;)

:censored:...l......:jumping:

Santiago
27-12-2011, 23:40
:censored:...l......:jumping:

Don't forget to prick it well first!

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 08:59
Don't forget to prick it well first!

Santiago!!!!!!.....:nono::nono:

Santiago
28-12-2011, 18:06
Santiago!!!!!!.....:nono::nono:

Well, I always do mine with a fork before gently warming them all over. Nothing wrong with that is there? :dontknow:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 18:09
Well, I always do mine with a fork before gently warming them all over. Nothing wrong with that is there? :dontknow:

Ouch !!!! Painfull !!! :(

warbey
28-12-2011, 20:30

You can get more meat in the Sausage
if You roll it between warm Hands..

Lovely with a couple of well pickled onions too.

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 21:06

..........................:nono::nono:

Santiago
28-12-2011, 23:42

I thoroughly agree, warbs. :agree:

warbey
29-12-2011, 21:03
An alternative is Black Pudding. Intact.
A slice of what You like.
Surprising what it will Pair with.............:neener:

cainaries
29-12-2011, 21:33
Will you three get a room (bit brave for the Forum, a threesome). Meanwhile, we have enjoyed homemade sausage rolls this Christmas....

Goforgold
29-12-2011, 21:51
Will you three get a room (bit brave for the Forum, a threesome). Meanwhile, we have enjoyed homemade sausage rolls this Christmas....

Did you make them yourself Cainaries - my mum made the best sausage rolls, you can't beat homemade, shame I can't be bothered !! :(

cainaries
29-12-2011, 23:08
Did you make them yourself Cainaries - my mum made the best sausage rolls, you can't beat homemade, shame I can't be bothered !! :(

OH made them, GFG. I don't 'do' cooking. Readymade puff pastry and frozen sausages, defrosted, skinned, and put through a forcing bag (or do I mean icing bag?!) Now I'm off topic in the Dungeon ... sigh.

Santiago
29-12-2011, 23:43
OH made them, GFG. I don't 'do' cooking. Readymade puff pastry and frozen sausages, defrosted, skinned, and put through a forcing bag (or do I mean icing bag?!) Now I'm off topic in the Dungeon ... sigh.

Sounds good to me. What are we doing for New Years eve? My sister has just given me a box of a dozen assorted reds and her OH has given six S. African reds, so I am overloaded with red wine and need help!

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 10:38

Now getting someone else to make them has to be the best option. Cooking and cleaning have to be amongst the most boring things out!!

I'm looking for someone to cook me some old fashioned sausage rolls with flaky pastry am not into puff!!

Suej
30-12-2011, 12:27

I can go one better cainaries! I buy ´em ready made!:eyebrows:

Added after 1 53 minutes:

For Christmas susage rolls my Mum used to prepare a packet of sage and onion stuffing when cooled she would mix it in with the sausage meat. They were gorgeous! :)

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 14:32
I can go one better cainaries! I buy ´em ready made!:eyebrows:

Added after 1 53 minutes:

For Christmas susage rolls my Mum used to prepare a packet of sage and onion stuffing when cooled she would mix it in with the sausage meat. They were gorgeous! :)

Mmmmmm - did your mum do flaky pastry too?

Suej
30-12-2011, 15:29
Mmmmmm - did your mum do flaky pastry too?

Can´t remember 100% GFG:duh:but I think it was just shortcrust!:)

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 17:28
Can´t remember 100% GFG:duh:but I think it was just shortcrust!:)

It could be the shortcrust that I like, I can't remember and don't know the difference :)

Suej
30-12-2011, 18:02
It could be the shortcrust that I like, I can't remember and don't know the difference :)

Hmmm! well when you buy shop mince pies they are normally shortcrust not flaky! that´s the only way I can differentiate between the two! one is flaky and one isn´t!:crylaughing:

Quiche is also shortcrust! are you with me GFG? DOH!!!:spin:

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 18:10
Hmmm! well when you buy shop mince pies they are normally shortcrust not flaky! that´s the only way I can differentiate between the two! one is flaky and one isn´t!:crylaughing:

Quiche is also shortcrust! are you with me GFG? DOH!!!:spin:

As long as it isn't puff!! ;)

Suej
30-12-2011, 18:24
As long as it isn't puff!! ;)

Got tears in my eyes laughing GFG!!! what´s the difference between Puff and Flaky?:sorry::laugh:

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 18:33
Got tears in my eyes laughing GFG!!! what´s the difference between Puff and Flaky?:sorry::laugh:

Don't know will go and have a Google!!! :)

Oh no!!!! Totally confused now!!! What's a rough puff ???

Answer re: Flaky & Puff

The difference is the way it's made and the end result, to make flaky pastry you spread your fat a little at a time whilst repeatedly rolling and folding the sheet onto itself, this builds up lots of thin layers of pastry and these layers fluff up or flake when baked, puff pastry (sometimes called rough puff) is quicker to make as all the fat is added all at once, in knobs, or little lumps, the pastry is rolled out and the fat is randomly dispersed, when baked the pastry puffs up with lots of random bubbles.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Whats_the_difference_between_flaky_and_puff_pastry #ixzz1i2ZhkptZ

So what was my mum's then? It definitely didn't have any puff in it - more flat!!! Could it have been shortcrust? Anyway, even as much as I like Gregg's sausage rolls they're still not quite right!! Just found out Gregg's are puff!!

http://www.greggs.co.uk/menu/savouries/sausage-roll?gclid=CIiJuN-zqq0CFYuIfAod8UKRng

Just had a thought!!! Ring my Auntie Pat (mum's sister!!) - now I'm using your brains Sue!!! :)

Right - she used to use 5oz Trex, 5 oz Cooking Margarine and 1lb flour and it wasn't puff!!! She hasn't a clue if they came out the same as my mums though!! :(

Suej
30-12-2011, 19:39
Don't know will go and have a Google!!! :)

Oh no!!!! Totally confused now!!! What's a rough puff ???

Answer re: Flaky & Puff

The difference is the way it's made and the end result, to make flaky pastry you spread your fat a little at a time whilst repeatedly rolling and folding the sheet onto itself, this builds up lots of thin layers of pastry and these layers fluff up or flake when baked, puff pastry (sometimes called rough puff) is quicker to make as all the fat is added all at once, in knobs, or little lumps, the pastry is rolled out and the fat is randomly dispersed, when baked the pastry puffs up with lots of random bubbles.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Whats_the_difference_between_flaky_and_puff_pastry #ixzz1i2ZhkptZ

So what was my mum's then? It definitely didn't have any puff in it - more flat!!! Could it have been shortcrust? Anyway, even as much as I like Gregg's sausage rolls they're still not quite right!! Just found out Gregg's are puff!!

http://www.greggs.co.uk/menu/savouries/sausage-roll?gclid=CIiJuN-zqq0CFYuIfAod8UKRng

Just had a thought!!! Ring my Auntie Pat (mum's sister!!) - now I'm using your brains Sue!!! :)

Right - she used to use 5oz Trex, 5 oz Cooking Margarine and 1lb flour and it wasn't puff!!! She hasn't a clue if they came out the same as my mums though!! :(

Deffo shortcrust GFG! I think it was more the thing then cos my Mum used to make mince pies the same way! got there in the end...Shame on us!:eyebrows:

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 19:59
Deffo shortcrust GFG! I think it was more the thing then cos my Mum used to make mince pies the same way! got there in the end...Shame on us!:eyebrows:

Thanks Suej!! .......Now all I need is someone to make me some shortcrust ones then !!:pray:

warbey
30-12-2011, 20:30
Sounds good to me. What are we doing for New Years eve? My sister has just given me a box of a dozen assorted reds and her OH has given six S. African reds, so I am overloaded with red wine and need help!###

Help on the way hun......

Cainaries, I dont like odd Numbers, would You join us.

I had some lovely Sausage Rolls, Chipolata and FLAKY Pastry..... OOOOHHHH Scrumptious..

The lattice ones were good too.

P.S. Anyone believe in Omens.
I just got to the Index and THIS thread is next to an advert about a Double Divan...(hope its Kingsize).....lol

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 20:37
###

P.S. Anyone believe in Omens.
I just got to the Index and THIS thread is next to an advert about a Double Divan...(hope its Kingsize).....lol

Warbs have you been on those Mince Pies again?? You're very fruity these days!!! ;)

warbey
30-12-2011, 20:42
Warbs have you been on those Mince Pies again?? You're very fruity these days!!! ;)

O.H. addicted to Mincers....

I stay on trifle with Cream. More variety.. All sorts of Fruit in it..(sorry)

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 21:15
O.H. addicted to Mincers....

I stay on trifle with Cream. More variety.. All sorts of Fruit in it..(sorry)

No wonder you're looking for a King Size if your OH is addicted to Mincers!! :laugh:

warbey
30-12-2011, 21:19
No wonder you're looking for a King Size if your OH is addicted to Mincers!! :laugh:

EH...?....:dontknow::wave::nono::nono::nono:

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 21:21
EH...?....:dontknow::wave::nono::nono::nono:

...........................:tiphat:............... ..........

cainaries
31-12-2011, 00:03
Suej and GFG - clearly didn't do 'domestic science' at school a few years ago! Being too dim for many options I was sent to 'domestic science' with Miss Parnell and I reduced the woman to a fury on many occasions. She threw a saucepan at me once and I ducked and it smashed the window behind me. So I learned all about shortcrust, flaky, rough puff ... nothing I don't know about them except how to make them! We had the 'extended' pastry they sell in the Spar here. Haven't seen ready-made sausage rolls here.

Which reminds me ... can you get ginger ale anywhere in Tenerife? If so I might have to 'pop' over and pick up a car load.

All that red wine from Santiago sounds good to me - what time are we starting?

Colleen
31-12-2011, 00:07
Is it ok for me to pop in here to say hello to a few who know me from old and new¿

Any chance of a little glass of cava on the go¿ Me knows some of you from old and some from new.

Goforgold
31-12-2011, 08:28
Is it ok for me to pop in here to say hello to a few who know me from old and new¿

Any chance of a little glass of cava on the go¿ Me knows some of you from old and some from new.

Of course it's ok for you to pop in - nice to see you here. Now if you can cook sausage rolls with shortcrust pastry then even better!!! ;)

Santiago
31-12-2011, 15:53
Of course it's ok for you to pop in - nice to see you here. Now if you can cook sausage rolls with shortcrust pastry then even better!!! ;)

Have a fridge full of local saus rolls, but they have flaky pastry which is annoying because it gets dropped all over the floor unless you stick a plate under your chin!

Have opened a couple of bottles of red, just in case anyone fancies a glass or several. No Cava I'm afraid, but have some fizzy lemonade and plenty of brandy so if you mix the two it will taste as good as, if not better than, Cava!

Suej
31-12-2011, 16:20

You are very welcome Colleen lovely to see you! but it really isn´t a good idea to arrive down here empty handed:twak::lol:

Goforgold
31-12-2011, 16:52
Have a fridge full of local saus rolls, but they have flaky pastry which is annoying because it gets dropped all over the floor unless you stick a plate under your chin!

Have opened a couple of bottles of red, just in case anyone fancies a glass or several. No Cava I'm afraid, but have some fizzy lemonade and plenty of brandy so if you mix the two it will taste as good as, if not better than, Cava!

The pastry has to be shortcrust ;) I'm don't like wine, can you bring along some Fosters or even better San Miguel?? A Barraquito would go down even better still!! :)

warbey
31-12-2011, 20:31
We do have Cava, bu only for special occasions.
Flak I like better...bring it on.

Cainaries, off thr top of My Head, ginger is a root found in Jamaica amongst other Places.
With a similar Climate could You grow Your own and process it..?

Are You all coming to the New Years Eve Party..?
Disco, Band and a Indoor heated Pool. 22.00 till Late

Goforgold
31-12-2011, 22:14
Happy New Year Warbs!! :)

Off to bed in a short while to listen to Nick Abbot!!! :D

Santiago
31-12-2011, 23:27
Are You all coming to the New Years Eve Party..?
Disco, Band and a Indoor heated Pool. 22.00 till Late

On my way, and have a hostess trolley full of individual barraquitos which I managed to strong arm off one of the cafe's on the way. They also threw in a couple of bottles of Cava, just to get rid of me! Happy New Year everyone - and thanks to all of those who have made this Forum the best!

Malteser Monkey
01-01-2012, 14:44
My you lot have been busy - chipolatas, making pastry and sausage rolls hope you saved some for me. Getting back to normal (?) after a busy one - house back in order now. Was great fun - little ones were so excited !

Hope everyone had a lovely time too ???

Happy new year to you all. !!!!

Goforgold
01-01-2012, 14:45
All the best for 2012 MM - :)

Malteser Monkey
01-01-2012, 14:46
Thanks hunny - are you well ?

Goforgold
01-01-2012, 14:49
Thanks hunny - are you well ?

Well, started 2012 with another morning headache and nothing to do with alcohol :(

Malteser Monkey
01-01-2012, 14:53
Oh No, have you been out yet - bit of fresh air ?

Goforgold
01-01-2012, 15:24
Oh No, have you been out yet - bit of fresh air ?

Had a lovely walk with the dog, it's so mild at the moment :) Then went and got a KFC with coleslaw, the only thing you can do when you've got a headache is eat!! ;)

Just watching the making of war horse - may just have to go and see the play :)

Santiago
01-01-2012, 15:33
If you are interested, GFG, my sister-in-law has just been in with a dozen mince pies make with shortcrust pastry! She is a very good cook and makes our Christmas cake every year as our present, and she usually supplies the mince pies but I thought she had forgotten this year. However, they are sitting on the plate with icing sugar ready to shake on the top so come and dig in!

Happy New Year everyone, may it be a healthy one for everybody.

:hello:

Malteser Monkey
01-01-2012, 15:40
and what about the rest of us Santiago Huh ???? put kettle on I'll be round in 5 :yum:

I'll bring the cream

GFG KFC ?? oh dear....hope it wears off soon mate

Santiago
01-01-2012, 15:41
and what about the rest of us Santiago Huh ???? put kettle on I'll be round in 5 :yum:

I'll bring the cream

GFG KFC ?? oh dear....hope it wears off soon mate

Tea is brewing as I speak!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
01-01-2012, 15:44
That's more like it !

off for a while

Goforgold
01-01-2012, 15:47

I'll bring the cream

GFG KFC ?? oh dear....hope it wears off soon mate ???

Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!

If you are interested, GFG, my sister-in-law has just been in with a dozen mince pies make with shortcrust pastry! She is a very good cook and makes our Christmas cake every year as our present, and she usually supplies the mince pies but I thought she had forgotten this year. However, they are sitting on the plate with icing sugar ready to shake on the top so come and dig in!

Happy New Year everyone, may it be a healthy one for everybody.

What a lovely sister you have Santiago :)

Have a great 2012!!! :)

Malteser Monkey
01-01-2012, 15:49
I know - I was just shocked KFC when you have a bad head - catch up bit later

Goforgold
01-01-2012, 15:53
I know - I was just shocked KFC when you have a bad head - catch up bit later

Headaches make me hungry, somehow I always think food will make them better - never does, but always enjoyable whilst trying!!! :D

warbey
01-01-2012, 20:12
Season's Greetings Everyone.....

We watched Jools Holland's Show last night.. Enjoyed it too. (as always).
Shortcrust Mincers too. Does She do the same with Sauisages ...?

GFG, sorry about Your Head.. O.H. has had one for a couple of Days off and on.

Is Max avoiding Us..?

cainaries
01-01-2012, 20:20
Very Happy New Year one and all. I do hope there are a couple of mince pies left. Some kind soul gave me a carrot cake but it is NOT the same at all. Didn't stop me eating it though. Bought some cheap cava for last night - big mistake. So someone open up a decent bottle of .. well... anything .. and pour me a large glass to toast you all in.

GFG I've never eaten KFC as the first time I went into one (in Earl's Court Road for what it's worth) I saw a large rat strolling around and that rather put me off. I'd have a nice San Mig if I were you.

Goforgold
01-01-2012, 20:52
Season's Greetings Everyone.....

We watched Jools Holland's Show last night.. Enjoyed it too. (as always).
Shortcrust Mincers too. Does She do the same with Sauisages ...?

GFG, sorry about Your Head.. O.H. has had one for a couple of Days off and on.

Is Max avoiding Us..?

The tv went on at midnight to watch the fireworks - they were brilliant!! :)

Sorry to hear your OH has had a few headaches too.

Added after 2 minutes:

Very Happy New Year one and all. I do hope there are a couple of mince pies left. Some kind soul gave me a carrot cake but it is NOT the same at all. Didn't stop me eating it though. Bought some cheap cava for last night - big mistake. So someone open up a decent bottle of .. well... anything .. and pour me a large glass to toast you all in.

GFG I've never eaten KFC as the first time I went into one (in Earl's Court Road for what it's worth) I saw a large rat strolling around and that rather put me off. I'd have a nice San Mig if I were you.

It's the first KFC I've had in years - wouldn't eat in, the last time I ate in one, the place was filthy.

If only I had a San Mig or even a Fosters!!! :)

cainaries
01-01-2012, 21:46
The tv went on at midnight to watch the fireworks - they were brilliant!! :)

Sorry to hear your OH has had a few headaches too.

Added after 2 minutes:

It's the first KFC I've had in years - wouldn't eat in, the last time I ate in one, the place was filthy.

If only I had a San Mig or even a Fosters!!! :)

San Mig in our fridge any time you like, GFG. I'm happily drinking a bottle of Australian wine found in our local supermarket. This arrived on the shelves about 3 weeks ago and is the only wine they've run out of!

Santiago
01-01-2012, 23:43
San Mig in our fridge any time you like, GFG. I'm happily drinking a bottle of Australian wine found in our local supermarket. This arrived on the shelves about 3 weeks ago and is the only wine they've run out of!

That obviously tells a tale, then! I must admit I quite like Sangre de Toro when in Tenerife. It's cheap and cheerful and you can drink as much as you like without it having any effect.

My sister-in-law has also made some shortcrust sausage rolls which are really tasty, warbs, so dig in. I have saved a couple of those and some mince pies for you cainaries and have san mig and various wines and spirits available to any callers.

PS. Also some home made barraquitos, but they aren't quite as good as the ones in Tenerife.

cainaries
01-01-2012, 23:49
That obviously tells a tale, then! I must admit I quite like Sangre de Toro when in Tenerife. It's cheap and cheerful and you can drink as much as you like without it having any effect.

My sister-in-law has also made some shortcrust sausage rolls which are really tasty, warbs, so dig in. I have saved a couple of those and some mince pies for you cainaries and have san mig and various wines and spirits available to any callers.

PS. Also some home made barraquitos, but they aren't quite as good as the ones in Tenerife.

Thank you so much. A barraquito would go down a treat but I'm too lazy to make one now - I'm off to bed. I hate to mention it but it's turned a bit chilly here.

Goforgold
02-01-2012, 09:43

What? You bought the lot??......:wow:

Malteser Monkey
02-01-2012, 13:30
She's greedy that one :wow::D

How's you today GFG ?

Cainaries how are you did you have a good time?

Warbs we watched Jools' show - was brilliant as usual tho Cyndi Lauper (spelling) was a little OTT and not looking so good did you not think ? Can't people grow old gracefully

We also watched Alan carr's show - it was outrageous - surprised there haven't been complaints,l very funny but a bit too much swearing for me

Goforgold
02-01-2012, 14:00
She's greedy that one :wow::D

How's you today GFG ?

Cainaries how are you did you have a good time?

Warbs we watched Jools' show - was brilliant as usual tho Cyndi Lauper (spelling) was a little OTT and not looking so good did you not think ? Can't people grow old gracefully

We also watched Alan carr's show - it was outrageous - surprised there haven't been complaints,l very funny but a bit too much swearing for me

Hi there MM!!! I'm fine, first time in weeks that actually woke up without a headache!! :)

I thought Cyndi Lauper was very much OTT, she reminded of one of those black beetles with the hard shiny shell like bodies, that scare you!!! What was with all those jittery arm movements??!!

Jools Holland always looks like he's slept in his clothes - but I supposed he's meant to!!

Malteser Monkey
02-01-2012, 14:07
She just seemed to shreek and I laughed my socks off when she tried to jump down off the piano.

I was glad to have stayed in OH full of head cold and after the madness of Christmas was nice to sit quietly.

Glad you feel better today

that Cainaries not replying - in bed with a hangover me finks ?:D

Goforgold
02-01-2012, 14:14
She just seemed to shreek and I laughed my socks off when she tried to jump down off the piano.

I was glad to have stayed in OH full of head cold and after the madness of Christmas was nice to sit quietly.

Glad you feel better today

that Cainaries not replying - in bed with a hangover me finks ?:D

I didn't see that bit with the piano - just tuned in at the end for the fireworks :)

Sorry to hear you've got a cold and not feeling too good - I hope that nose of your isn't playing up!! ;)

MaxineC
02-01-2012, 14:20
Is Max avoiding Us..?

Yes.... :D

Happy New Year everybody!

Now then, is there any food knocking about, I'm starving... :hungry:

Santiago
02-01-2012, 14:53
Yes.... :D

Happy New Year everybody!

Now then, is there any food knocking about, I'm starving... :hungry:

Hi Max, yes there is loads of food just help yourself. Plenty of wine/beer/spirits too depending on your preferences!! How's the head now, have the headaches gone? Happy New Year to you too.

warbey
02-01-2012, 20:01
This is My Thread of the Year, every Year. Nice Civilised People, Trolls not too often..

MM Cindy was O.T.T. I thought a bit embarrassing.. So were the actions of the Nice looking Girl in the Group.
egging Her on.
I thought the Girl from Holland has Talent.
As I also like R+B lots suited Me, and I enjoyed the Fella in the "Flying Helmet".

Didnt watch Alan Carr. I dont like Foul Language, and GOOD Comics dont use it, in My opinion.

Santiago, I'm going on a Diet. All this Food wot I like (sorry Eric M.)
but it is a Liquid Diet.
A large Red, any Country will do. Thanks Cainaries.

Am I dreaming or did I hear Max a while ago.?

Help Yourselves.

Who has the first Birthday this Year.?
A good excuse for a Party.......:hello::hello::hello::D:D

Malteser Monkey
02-01-2012, 23:29
:mopfloor::fryingpan::grrrr::party4::party3::drunk s2::drunks2::drunks2::love::kiss2::hug::rave:Not sure Warbs but it's mine and OH's 13th Anniv together on the 15th and that's summit to celebrate:bowdown::D:twak::tongue::spin:

Santiago
02-01-2012, 23:36
This is My Thread of the Year, every Year. Nice Civilised People, Trolls not too often..

MM Cindy was O.T.T. I thought a bit embarrassing.. So were the actions of the Nice looking Girl in the Group.
egging Her on.
I thought the Girl from Holland has Talent.
As I also like R+B lots suited Me, and I enjoyed the Fella in the "Flying Helmet".

Didnt watch Alan Carr. I dont like Foul Language, and GOOD Comics dont use it, in My opinion.

Santiago, I'm going on a Diet. All this Food wot I like (sorry Eric M.)
but it is a Liquid Diet.
A large Red, any Country will do. Thanks Cainaries.

Am I dreaming or did I hear Max a while ago.?

Help Yourselves.

Who has the first Birthday this Year.?
A good excuse for a Party.......:hello::hello::hello::D:D

I agree, warbs, don't like foul language and don't find it in the slightest bit funny.

You can't diet until all the Christmas goodies have been eaten up because otherwise you will give in almost straight away. Just hang on and empty all the cupboards of the masses of food contained within (probably until the end of January) then cut the fat and carbs down and restrict the evening medicinal liquid to one glass and watch the weight change! There will be no restriction on the size of the glass - mine holds a litre! - as some can contain more than others.

Yes, Max was there but appears to have vanished again.

cainaries
02-01-2012, 23:44
I haven't got a hangover despite what you all might think! Have read two newspaper articles recently saying going on a diet/detox is not the answer for my liver but what I should do is not drink on 3 nights a week. Didn't say which 3 nights or if they have to be consecutive nights. Haven't managed 1 night so far but I am going to give it a go. Provided all the Christmas cheer has been enjoyed before I do, of course. So, a top up of my glass would be nice ... thanks!

MaxineC
03-01-2012, 14:19
Headaches almost a thing of the past, apart from the occasional one but I can cope with that. Still winking at everybody, but it seems to make them smile, so not all bad... :D

Now, after all the disruption over the last couple of years with my health, this year I shall be buckling down and working my little botty off to try and get our business somewhere close to what it was. I've decided I don't like being skint, it stinks.... :(

warbey
03-01-2012, 21:00
Still winking at everybody, but it seems to make them smile, so not all bad... :D
. I've decided I don't like being skint, it stinks.... :(

So say all of Us, I am sure....

I have a Brother in Law Birthday on the 13th too M.M. Sounds good to Me.. Santiago, keep some in Reserve please.

cainaries
03-01-2012, 21:17
The 13th of January is a Friday .........Just to let you know ......

warbey
03-01-2012, 21:20
The 13th of January is a Friday .........Just to let you know ......

and I have a Hospital Appointment, so I knew Hun

Saturday 14th all right for Everyone.?

I'll wash the Floors and Tables. (Bleach of course).....:lol::lol:

Santiago
03-01-2012, 22:33

Okay, have put back some supplies and Saturday 14th it is. Shall I ask my sister-in-law to make some sausage rolls (in shortcrust pastry, of course)? Anything else required just give me a shout as life is comparatively quiet until mid-March for me, except I have to get my tax return done by the end of the month!!

:typing:

cainaries
03-01-2012, 22:57
Okay, have put back some supplies and Saturday 14th it is. Shall I ask my sister-in-law to make some sausage rolls (in shortcrust pastry, of course)? Anything else required just give me a shout as life is comparatively quiet until mid-March for me, except I have to get my tax return done by the end of the month!!

:typing:

Please ask your sister-in-law to make a huge pile of delicious mince pies! Thanks so much. Sat 14th it is then, just what we need to cheer ourselves up as we begin the painful climb up the slope of January.

Very rash offer! Suggest you do this afterwards to avoid confusion with local white .......

warbey
04-01-2012, 21:24
Please ask your sister-in-law to make a huge pile of delicious mince pies! Thanks so much. Sat 14th it is then, just what we need to cheer ourselves up

Very rash offer! Suggest you do this afterwards to avoid confusion with local white .......

Good Idea, Bacon Butties.......ha....ha

Santiago
04-01-2012, 23:26
Good Idea, Bacon Butties.......ha....ha

Definitely, I will put them on the list!

Malteser Monkey
05-01-2012, 10:23
and sausage !

Mornings

blowing a flippin' gale again here

Goforgold
05-01-2012, 10:32
and sausage !

Mornings

blowing a flippin' gale again here

Morning MM......:hello::hello:

Been throwing it down and gales all night - calmed down a little first thing but started up again!!! Hope you had a safe journey into work?

Malteser Monkey
05-01-2012, 11:12
yes thanks dear here in one piece - weather has picked up here looks awful out to sea

you ok today ?

Goforgold
05-01-2012, 11:46
yes thanks dear here in one piece - weather has picked up here looks awful out to sea

you ok today ?

That's good. :) I didn't realise you lived that close to the sea.

Still strong winds here at the moment, so can't take the dog for her walk - hope it dies down soon as want to go out.

I'm ok today thanks :)

Malteser Monkey
05-01-2012, 11:51
I work by the sea - out of the window is a golf course then the sea front !

Goforgold
05-01-2012, 11:59
I work by the sea - out of the window is a golf course then the sea front !

Lovely!! I'd like to live in the countryside, just a few miles from the sea and then you've got the best of both worlds :) plus a place for winter sun in Tenerife - of course!!! :D

Malteser Monkey
05-01-2012, 12:09
We have the Snowden range near home - a beautiful view - breath taking, I never get tired of it. It would be perfect if only we had a bit more sun !

We can only hope :D

Santiago
05-01-2012, 12:48
We have the Snowden range near home - a beautiful view - breath taking, I never get tired of it. It would be perfect if only we had a bit more sun !

Fabulous place to live! Took my mother up there one August for her 90th birthday treat so she could ride on the little trains. Had a superb time except that it rained very heavily all but one day when we went to Portmeirion. There was so much rain it was pouring down and across the roads and the streams were overflowing. Never got to the top of Snowdon and never saw it either but did see Cader Idris. Lovely on the trains though and would go again.

Goforgold
05-01-2012, 12:51

Had a lot of holidays up that way in remote cottages when the children were young. I loved living in Wales, but it did rain a lot :(

cainaries
05-01-2012, 23:53
Fabulous place to live! Took my mother up there one August for her 90th birthday treat so she could ride on the little trains. Had a superb time except that it rained very heavily all but one day when we went to Portmeirion. There was so much rain it was pouring down and across the roads and the streams were overflowing. Never got to the top of Snowdon and never saw it either but did see Cader Idris. Lovely on the trains though and would go again.

Portmeirion - that takes me back! An extremely long time ago, my mother and I went to stay there. And what did we discover was going on? Yup, they were filming 'The Prisoner'. Although I begged and begged she did not leave me behind to be an 'extra'. I was about 18 at the time. It would have been my big break (sob sob).

And it wasn't raining whilst we were there but I do seem to remember it was quite breezy.

MaxineC
06-01-2012, 14:39
Feliz dia de Reyes everybody.... Now lets eat drink and be merry! :hungry: ::jumping:

cainaries
06-01-2012, 15:27
Feliz dia de Reyes everybody.... Now lets eat drink and be merry! :hungry: ::jumping:

That's much better, Maxine! Cheers! Is the bar open all day today down here?

MaxineC
06-01-2012, 16:23
Well even if it's not open all day, I have a stash in my (very large) bag.... :D

warbey
06-01-2012, 21:40
You both are well qualified for the Combination..
Do We need to order Cognac Maxine,?
Most other Drinks in stock, with a reserve in special cases.
Cava to order though..

Saying that, I noted Aldi doing 75 cl Brut Cava for £3.99. this Week.

cainaries
06-01-2012, 22:23
You both are well qualified for the Combination..
Do We need to order Cognac Maxine,?
Most other Drinks in stock, with a reserve in special cases.
Cava to order though..

Saying that, I noted Aldi doing 75 cl Brut Cava for £3.99. this Week.

That sounds tempting, Warbey, could we sample it?? Meantimes, my local supermarket restocked on the Ozzie wines (so it can't only be me buying it but I'm intrigued as to who else would be buying it: multi-choice answers (a) Canarians (no) (b) Germans (no) (c) Dutch (probably not) ... hmmmmm. so somewhere there is another Brit who drinks as much as I do and I don't know who they are!! OH only drinks local out of large containers.

warbey
08-01-2012, 20:28
I think I would go with O.H.
I like the Large Container bit especially.

Is Monkey accounted for in this demand.?

Being inquisitive I would ask.....? i only to avoid asking Them round, cos They drink a bit.......lol

Santiago
08-01-2012, 23:33
That sounds tempting, Warbey, could we sample it?? Meantimes, my local supermarket restocked on the Ozzie wines (so it can't only be me buying it but I'm intrigued as to who else would be buying it: multi-choice answers (a) Canarians (no) (b) Germans (no) (c) Dutch (probably not) ... hmmmmm. so somewhere there is another Brit who drinks as much as I do and I don't know who they are!! OH only drinks local out of large containers.

Is it possible that some Ozzies have moved into La Palma? They are having a rotten summer down there so could well have moved near you and ordered supplies from your local supermarket!

cainaries
08-01-2012, 23:45
Is it possible that some Ozzies have moved into La Palma? They are having a rotten summer down there so could well have moved near you and ordered supplies from your local supermarket!

Well, I haven't heard them yet, but they would certainly have had a good barbie on the beach if they're here.

Malteser Monkey
09-01-2012, 11:22
I think I would go with O.H.
I like the Large Container bit especially.

Is Monkey accounted for in this demand.?

Being inquisitive I would ask.....? i only to avoid asking Them round, cos They drink a bit.......lol

Morning

Who me - I'm tea total:D

cainaries
09-01-2012, 12:02
Morning

Who me - I'm tea total:D

Morning MM. I am about to start a major clear up of the kitchen and when I get to the kettle I'll turn it on? Cuppa coffee then, is it, if you're tea total?

Malteser Monkey
09-01-2012, 12:09
Morning MM. I am about to start a major clear up of the kitchen and when I get to the kettle I'll turn it on? Cuppa coffee then, is it, if you're tea total?

oh go on then make it a baraquito !

It's that Warbey he makes a hell of a mess in there (blimey that's Welsh - hell of a mess):D picking up all the quirky little sayings

cainaries
09-01-2012, 23:34
oh go on then make it a baraquito !

It's that Warbey he makes a hell of a mess in there (blimey that's Welsh - hell of a mess):D picking up all the quirky little sayings

Only just seen your post, hun, 12 hours late so definitely time for a barraquito now! I didn't know 'hell of a mess' was Welsh - OH and I both say it but have both lived in Wales. I cleaned the kitchen this morning but someone has been cooking down here - a very delicious steak pie - and now it's another hell of a mess!

Goforgold
10-01-2012, 09:21
Only just seen your post, hun, 12 hours late so definitely time for a barraquito now! I didn't know 'hell of a mess' was Welsh - OH and I both say it but have both lived in Wales. I cleaned the kitchen this morning but someone has been cooking down here - a very delicious steak pie - and now it's another hell of a mess!

That expression is used in the Midlands too ???

I didn't know you too have lived in Wales? My dad was Welsh - got a terrible temper he had!!! ;)

Whereabouts did you live? I lived in Maes Mawr, 6 miles out of Welshpool for a while in my mental days!!! :D

Leam_Lin
10-01-2012, 10:23

I use the phrase "hell of a mess", my dad was from Welshpool...

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2012, 11:02

I didn't know you too have lived in Wales? My dad was Welsh - got a terrible temper he had!!! ;)

Whereabouts did you live? I lived in Maes Mawr, 6 miles out of Shrewsbury for a while in my mental days!!! :D

Is that a Midlands expression:crazy::D

So we all have a bit of Welsh in us - nowt wrong with that:whistle::eek::rofl::rofl:

Mornings !

cainaries
10-01-2012, 11:25

Whereabouts did you live? I lived in Maes Mawr, 6 miles out of Shrewsbury for a while in my mental days!!! :D

6 miles from Shrewsbury sounds very civilised to me! I lived in Bangor for 1 year and then 2 years in Beaumaris on Anglesey - the 'English' town on Anglesey, please note! Very beautiful place. Despite both sides of my mother's family having Welsh surnames, my tracking on Genes Reunited seems to indicate that they were English.

Right, Dungeoneers, I'm off to the bottle bank having had a clear up. Wouldn't mind a coffee when I get back in about half an hour or so! A reward for my labours as it were.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2012, 11:28
6 miles from Shrewsbury sounds very civilised to me! I lived in Bangor for 1 year and then 2 years in Beaumaris on Anglesey - the 'English' town on Anglesey, please note! Very beautiful place. Despite both sides of my mother's family having Welsh surnames, my tracking on Genes Reunited seems to indicate that they were English.

Right, Dungeoneers, I'm off to the bottle bank having had a clear up. Wouldn't mind a coffee when I get back in about half an hour or so! A reward for my labours as it were.

Stay put hun - I'll send a skip round for your empties:D

Yes very beautiful - you should have seen the full moon over Beaumaris this morning shining onto the sea - it was just gorgeous

cainaries
10-01-2012, 13:05
Stay put hun - I'll send a skip round for your empties:D

Yes very beautiful - you should have seen the full moon over Beaumaris this morning shining onto the sea - it was just gorgeous

Full moon incredible this morning here, too. It sets behind the volcanic mountain range we see from our house. This morning still fully visible well after dawn. Almost bright enough to read by early this morning!

The beaches on Anglesey (hopping about a bit here today) were the best I've ever seen.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2012, 13:30
we should take pics and compare - but shhhhhh don't tell canarybird (the expert):D

cainaries
10-01-2012, 14:46
we should take pics and compare - but shhhhhh don't tell canarybird (the expert):D

I won't say a dicky bird.

Malteser Monkey
10-01-2012, 14:50
I won't say a dicky bird.

very good that mujer - tweet tweet :D

where is everyone ?

Goforgold
10-01-2012, 18:14
I use the phrase "hell of a mess", my dad was from Welshpool...

I don't know what I was on this morning, but just seen I wrote Maes Mawr was 6 miles from Shrewsbury ??? Oh no it isn't!!! It's six miles from Welshpool the nearest town!! - know it well Leam_Lin - used to commute to Birmingham every day to work!! Blady idiot I was in those days!!! :D

Added after 2 minutes:

Anglesey is a lovely place :) As you may see from my post I didn't live anywhere near Shrewsbury, just travelled past it to get to Maes Mawr which was 6 miles from Welshpool!!!!

My dad's side of the family mostly lived around Newtown!! Or was it Toy Town??!!! :D

Is that a Midlands expression:crazy::D

So we all have a bit of Welsh in us - nowt wrong with that:whistle::eek::rofl::rofl:

Mornings !

That was supposed to be my impression of a Weshman or woman!! :D

cainaries
10-01-2012, 20:02
I don't know what I was on this morning, but just seen I wrote Maes Mawr was 6 miles from Shrewsbury ??? Oh no it isn't!!! It's six miles from Welshpool the nearest town!! - know it well Leam_Lin - used to commute to Birmingham every day to work!! Blady idiot I was in those days!!! :D

Don' think you woke up and smelt the coffee this morning, GFG! Never mind. You were probably doing that horrible journey whilst I was stuck on the tube every morning with most of the rest of humanity. I'm so very glad I haven't got to do that any more.

Whilst I'm chatting on here - can I get anyone a drink? White, red, something inbetween, beer? We've got the strong stuff locked up!

warbey
10-01-2012, 20:59
Borra da Peeps...

How are We all. Strikmes Me I can ask for Directions to Anywhere in the U.K. and Someone will kinow..
I too Like Beaumaris. Trouble is, when there, I saw a Person close a Car Door as Her Mother had hold of the Frame.
I get a Flashback every time I think of it now.

By the Way, Warbey left NO Mess in the Kitchen. Bleach and boiling Water was used,,,,,,,,,.
The Chocolate Balls were melt6ed too.!

MaxineC
10-01-2012, 21:12
Sorry I'm still not posting much... I spoke to soon, the headaches are back in full force! Woke up with one on Saturday morning and not only do I still have it, it's got worse each day. Back to the specialist on Friday... :crying:

Hope the rest of you are fine and dandy xx

warbey
10-01-2012, 21:16
Sorry to hear that Hun.
My thoughts are with You.

Anything You ate or Drank or indulged in.?
I have to avoid bright Sunlight to an extent..

cainaries
10-01-2012, 23:26
Borra da Peeps...

How are We all. Strikmes Me I can ask for Directions to Anywhere in the U.K. and Someone will kinow..
I too Like Beaumaris. Trouble is, when there, I saw a Person close a Car Door as Her Mother had hold of the Frame.
I get a Flashback every time I think of it now.

By the Way, Warbey left NO Mess in the Kitchen. Bleach and boiling Water was used,,,,,,,,,.
The Chocolate Balls were melt6ed too.!

Chocolate balls?! Not sure I saw those! Could be quite tempting though ....

Santiago
10-01-2012, 23:51
Sorry the headaches are back again, Max, hope the consultant can do something this time. We need you fit and active for the party on Saturday evening!

So, how did the chocolate balls melt then, warbs? They were perfectly all right when I went in. However, you did a very nice job of cleaning up so - no complaints!

cainaries
11-01-2012, 00:23
Sorry I'm still not posting much... I spoke to soon, the headaches are back in full force! Woke up with one on Saturday morning and not only do I still have it, it's got worse each day. Back to the specialist on Friday... :crying:

Hope the rest of you are fine and dandy xx
Sorry to hear that, Max. You said you were about to start working really hard ..... could it be a bit of pressure/stress? Just a thought. Hope you feel better very soon.

Fine but not altogether dandy in this house, thanks for asking.

warbey
11-01-2012, 21:02
All spruced up for Saturday Ladies.
Ladies servicios have an alternative destination, which can be quiet and has adjoining room/s for a Lie-down if needed (Ladies only).
Not sure if Zara and Palm Mar will be there though.
Are We to have a spot for karioke..?

Hope You are well enough to come Max.

Santiago
11-01-2012, 23:26
Ladies servicios have an alternative destination, which can be quiet and has adjoining room/s for a Lie-down if needed (Ladies only).

Well done, warbs! Food all organised and will be arriving Saturday morning. Do we need extra plates, etc.? Hope everyone will be able to attend!

cainaries
11-01-2012, 23:51
Well done, warbs! Food all organised and will be arriving Saturday morning. Do we need extra plates, etc.? Hope everyone will be able to attend!

There's a stack of plates but might be short on cutlery and glasses. Thanks for organising the food, Santiago. Who's in charge of the music?

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2012, 10:22

Hang on a minute Warbs you said Ladies :bowdown::D

Added after 2 minutes:

Anglesey is a lovely place :) As you may see from my post I didn't live anywhere near Shrewsbury, just travelled past it to get to Maes Mawr which was 6 miles from Welshpool!!!!

My dad's side of the family mostly lived around Newtown!! Or was it Toy Town??!!! :D

That was supposed to be my impression of a Weshman or woman!! :D

GFG were you on medication Woman ? Get yourself a cup of strong tea and start again :lol::D

How are you today Max hope you're up for this Sat night show down ?

Are we having a barbey ? Oneleg your services are needed

Suej
12-01-2012, 13:09
Whatever poor Max has got is it catching! I woke this morning with a headache and still haven´t shifted it! Doh! better stay off the red for today! where´s the clean duvets and and nice fluffy pillow para mi!!!:crying2:

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2012, 13:44
Whatever poor Max has got is it catching! I woke this morning with a headache and still haven´t shifted it! Doh! better stay off the red for today! where´s the clean duvets and and nice fluffy pillow para mi!!!:crying2:

well no wonder you have a bad head -

I'll get you a paracetamol:console:

cainaries
12-01-2012, 15:43

Have made you up a bed in the sick bay! Hope you and Max both feel better soon.

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2012, 16:02

Ello....what's this one after, an extra burger at the barbey:cheeky:

Morning "C" you just up ?

Suej
12-01-2012, 16:03

Thanks MM and Cainaries! Do you think I should have some of that red medicine now? :wink2:

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2012, 16:06
that hair of the dog one you mean ??

Fernet branca for you Missus

just giggling to myself - if you were to translate that literally it would be el pelo del perro ! sounds good !

Suej
12-01-2012, 16:10
That the stuff MM!!!!!!!!! pelo del perro!!!! Ooooh yes please! will you be kind enough to get it for me? :bowdown:

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2012, 16:14
That the stuff MM!!!!!!!!! pelo del perro!!!! Ooooh yes please! will you be kind enough to get it for me? :bowdown:

oh yes - I will pick some up in Mercadona alongwith some milk !

cainaries
12-01-2012, 17:51
Ello....what's this one after, an extra burger at the barbey:cheeky:

Morning "C" you just up ?

Noooo.....didn't sleep at all well, though, so was up later than usual. How are you today, MM?

Just saw your post about Fernet Branca. Still remember the first time someone bought me one of those in a pub when I was feeling very fragile. Eeeugh. I prefer a Bloody Mary - oh, I wonder if the automated word police will put asterisks for that!

Are you feeling better yet Suej? Or is all this talk of Fernet Branca leaving you queasy?

Suej
12-01-2012, 18:14
Noooo.....didn't sleep at all well, though, so was up later than usual. How are you today, MM?

Just saw your post about Fernet Branca. Still remember the first time someone bought me one of those in a pub when I was feeling very fragile. Eeeugh. I prefer a Bloody Mary - oh, I wonder if the automated word police will put asterisks for that!

Are you feeling better yet Suej? Or is all this talk of Fernet Branca leaving you queasy?

Well! according to MM I have to take the Pelo del perro with milk!??? What is Fernet Branca anyway? I´m too delicate for all this today!:sorry:

cainaries
12-01-2012, 18:38
Well! according to MM I have to take the Pelo del perro with milk!??? What is Fernet Branca anyway? I´m too delicate for all this today!:sorry:

I'd go back under the duvet until tomorrow, Suej! I'll bring you a 'nice cup of tea' if you like. Why is it always a 'nice' one, never an ordinary one or a nasty one.

When you can raise your head from the pillow, you can have a little read of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernet

I was given my one and only glass after a terrible works do. As I drank it everyone moved back in a large semi-circle ..... fortunately nothing awful happened though. Didn't care for the taste!

warbey
12-01-2012, 19:53
Judging by the Wiki reference. looks like this Fernet Branca cures almost anything.
I think this thread is turning into a Degree Course, all this Fresh knowledge to Me that is..!

Looks like a good turnout for Saturday.
Music is mainly 70's and 80's genre, Northern Soul etc.

Kariokie if required. for this, if Slodgie is lurking, He will be asked to Officiate.
Plenty of Music for all Tastes with suitable Tunes for Anniversaries etc.

Live Music by invited Guest Artists.
One Leg invited..

RSVP. See You then.....:bootyshake::):):fireworks::fireworks::pa ragliding::surfer:

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2012, 10:45
Thanks for arranging everything Warbs.

You can get Fernet Menta too much more palatable.

It is always a "nice" cup of tea C when someone else makes it !

So is everyone fine and dandy today - no hangovers/headaches ?

cainaries
13-01-2012, 17:51
Thanks for arranging everything Warbs.

You can get Fernet Menta too much more palatable.

It is always a "nice" cup of tea C when someone else makes it !

So is everyone fine and dandy today - no hangovers/headaches ?

I'll put the kettle on then, MM, coming up to 5 o'clock so definitely time for one.

I only like mint in a sauce with lamb ....

warbey
13-01-2012, 21:16
I'll put the kettle on then, MM, coming up to 5 o'clock so definitely time for one.

I only like mint in a sauce with lamb ....

Welsh Lamb of course.

I was a bit concerned about recognising Maxine. How All did so.
Cracked it now. Its Her Shoes they recognise.:spin:

There will also be Low Fat |Foods available.

Suej, will there be enough Red, or should We ask Cainaries to get a load of the Aussie Red.?

MaxineC
13-01-2012, 23:05
Hello...

Good News: Magic injection at the hospital today got rid of my seven day headache in less than 30 minutes.. :D

Bad News: Whilst we were at the hospital we were burgled... Devastated! :(

Brandy open.... Goodnight!

Santiago
13-01-2012, 23:25
Hello...

Good News: Magic injection at the hospital today got rid of my seven day headache in less than 30 minutes.. :D

Glad to hear about the headache but sorry about the being burgled. I hope they didn't tear your place up as well. Wish I could offer to help do something - anything - but am too far away to be of any use. Fingers crossed that they only took stuff that is easily replaced rather than personal items.

cainaries
14-01-2012, 01:00
Hello...

Wonder what they gave you, Max - we could all do with some!

Strange about being burgled whilst at the hospital - same thing happened to my sister-in-law - but in Sussex! Keep the visits quiet til you're back, maybe.

warbey
14-01-2012, 19:21
Hello...

Sorry to hear that. No-one notice anything.?

Glad the Injection worked, but being nosey, cant help but wonder what it was.?

First visitors arriving in the |Car Park. Music starting up, but not to annoy Neighbours..
Hope to see You all later.
Cooking smells lovely Santiago.
....now where's My Glass of Red.?

Santiago
14-01-2012, 23:18
Sorry to hear that. No-one notice anything.?

Glad the Injection worked, but being nosey, cant help but wonder what it was.?

First visitors arriving in the |Car Park. Music starting up, but not to annoy Neighbours..
Hope to see You all later.
Cooking smells lovely Santiago.
....now where's My Glass of Red.?

Hey, warbs, it's going well, isn't it? I have put a couple of bottles of red in the old cupboard next to the fridge - for relaxation purposes later if needed! Food's going well I think, the mince pies and sausage rolls vanished within moments. Don't think there is going to be anything left over!! :yum:

Malteser Monkey
14-01-2012, 23:54
Here with the red for everyone BUT Max what the hell happened Burgled ?? S''t to what extent hun Can't believe that ?

cainaries
15-01-2012, 00:29
Here with the red for everyone BUT Max what the hell happened Burgled ?? S''t to what extent hun Can't believe that ?

Loadsa red ... but where's my chilled white! Lots of goodies still cooking .... thanks Santiago.

I hid the brandy behind the sofa ....

Is it time for a barraquito yet?

MaxineC
15-01-2012, 13:19
Thanks everybody, you're always there with some soothing words and comfort... xxx

Will ask next time what the injection was, has worked great but head a little fuzzy again today, but she did say it may come back and if it did she would give me a different one next time... just glad for some relief.

Definite pro job on the house, they knew exactly what points of the terrace door to cut into with metal cutters. Lost a few nice pieces of jewellery that Geoff has given me over the years, but they missed the most valuable things... I was wearing some, others were exceptionally well hidden. Also took a lot of cash. Never normally keep much around the house, but we had some big bills to pay and the guy should have collected it on Tuesday, but hadn't made it round... Typical! Some of it was also to go into a different account the next day to pay for my trip back to the UK for a close friends wedding next month... I've now had to cancel that. Absolutely gutted...

Feeling violated and numb... I never want to leave the house again!! :(

Malteser Monkey
15-01-2012, 13:53
Bloody hell - I really feel for you

I was burgled 20 odd years ago and I remember how I felt then - horrible experience.

We're here for you hun - let it all out :console:

warbey
15-01-2012, 19:06
Sounds as Someone had a good Idea to do that Job and when..!!

So sorry Max. It isnt nice for Either of You.

Do the Police have any Hope.?

Here, get this down You Hun.

I would love to leave this kind of Person to the Women..!, sure They would think twice...

\thanks for a great Night Ladies, and Our Guests.
One Glass of Red spilt but otherwise Perfect.
I cant remember where I left My Duvet though.

cainaries
15-01-2012, 23:30
Thanks everybody, you're always there with some soothing words and comfort... xxx

Will ask next time what the injection was, has worked great but head a little fuzzy again today, but she did say it may come back and if it did she would give me a different one next time... just glad for some relief.

Definite pro job on the house, they knew exactly what points of the terrace door to cut into with metal cutters. Lost a few nice pieces of jewellery that Geoff has given me over the years, but they missed the most valuable things... I was wearing some, others were exceptionally well hidden. Also took a lot of cash. Never normally keep much around the house, but we had some big bills to pay and the guy should have collected it on Tuesday, but hadn't made it round... Typical! Some of it was also to go into a different account the next day to pay for my trip back to the UK for a close friends wedding next month... I've now had to cancel that. Absolutely gutted...

Feeling violated and numb... I never want to leave the house again!! :(

Take care and get everything fixed as soon as you can. These 'rats' are very crafty people. Oddly enough OH and I were discussing whether we shouldn't put a little money under the mattress just in case the euro goes belly-up and the banks shut down. Having read about your burglary has rather put me off.

Your home just doesn't feel like 'home' any more, does it? Worst thing that happened to me when I was burgled in London was that I couldn't find the cat! Stressed me out for hours until I found her cowering in a hedge.

Santiago
15-01-2012, 23:33
\thanks for a great Night Ladies, and Our Guests.
One Glass of Red spilt but otherwise Perfect.
I cant remember where I left My Duvet though.

Yes, it went very well. One duvet seen on top of the DJ's truck! Don't know if it was yours warbs, or how it got there!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Malteser Monkey
15-01-2012, 23:45
ok all posts aside down here I feel I can talk about anything at any time. Will sum it up and not go on but I hate Sundays since I lost my Dad on 16/10/11 (my mum's birthday) I struggle with getting through on a Sunday.

When does it stop, when do we move on.

I try and I do get on with life but every now an then..................

Anyway tomorrow another day another (problem at work to distract me) hey ho

Sorry just had to get it off my shoulders.....baraquito anyone ? Where's all the red gone ?

Goforgold
16-01-2012, 09:46
ok all posts aside down here I feel I can talk about anything at any time. Will sum it up and not go on but I hate Sundays since I lost my Dad on 16/10/11 (my mum's birthday) I struggle with getting through on a Sunday.

When does it stop, when do we move on.

I try and I do get on with life but every now an then..................

Anyway tomorrow another day another (problem at work to distract me) hey ho

Sorry just had to get it off my shoulders.....baraquito anyone ? Where's all the red gone ?

It's very early days MM, don't expect too much too soon. I lost mum and dad within six months of each other and was still grieving for them 2 year's later when I lost Mel. It does get 'easier' in a different way, you don't move on as such or get over it, somehow the mind gradually learns to live along side the loss. I don't want to be depressing, but you never feel the same and you will have good and bad days, they do get less frequent, but they don't disappear. It is always surprising too, that just when you think you're getting better at coping, a song, a programme on tv comes on or a thought comes into your mind and you are back to where you started. When I get times like that I have a good cry, feel very wretched and then say to myself, that the only way I can go now is up, I then push the thoughts to the back of my mind and carry on. That's all we can do. I'm sorry I don't have a magic wand otherwise I would have used it.

Hope you have a better day today MM. Thinking of you.

Malteser Monkey
16-01-2012, 09:53
Thanks hun

Was having a very low time last night - just couldn't get it out of my mind

Like you say one minute you are coping then a song comes on and bang ! floods of tears.

Anyway yes feeling better today thanks and sorry but sometimes you have to let it out and what better way than here - we can all comfort each other (I hope):)

Goforgold
16-01-2012, 09:59
Thanks hun

Like you say one minute you are coping then a song comes on and bang ! floods of tears.

Anyway yes feeling better today thanks and sorry but sometimes you have to let it out and what better way than here - we can all comfort each other (I hope):)

Nothing to apologise for MM, glad you're feeling a bit better today. :)

cainaries
16-01-2012, 13:11
Thanks hun

Have a hug, MM. And I'll put on the kettle for a nice cuppa - British solution to all that ails us.

You've made me quite weepy for my mum - and she died in 1975! When you lose a parent it definitely changes you. When OH's mum died, he rang me from the hospital and said tearfully (don't tell him I wrote this) ... 'I'm an orphan ...' sounds selfish but I knew what he meant, he had to take over the role as head of the family, etc.

Right, that cuppa's ready now - do you want it on the terrace?

Suej
16-01-2012, 13:50
[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;136435]Thanks hun

It´s normal to feel this way MM! grief and memories come up and smack you in the face just when you least expect it! Chin up! taste Cainaries cuppa that will deffo make you cry! seriously hon you will get through it! MMMMWAH!!!X

Malteser Monkey
16-01-2012, 14:00
You're all great - thanks

Wonder how Max is today

are you all ok heads and sinuses etc ?

cainaries
16-01-2012, 14:04
[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;136435]Thanks hun

It´s normal to feel this way MM! grief and memories come up and smack you in the face just when you least expect it! Chin up! taste Cainaries cuppa that will deffo make you cry! seriously hon you will get through it! MMMMWAH!!!X

:ashamed: I didn't put salt in by mistake again, did I? It's that Warbey re-organising the kitchen that's confused me.;)

Malteser Monkey
16-01-2012, 14:08
[QUOTE=Suej;136528]

:ashamed: I didn't put salt in by mistake again, did I? It's that Warbey re-organising the kitchen that's confused me.;)

Put your gafas on hun, think we'll have the tea on the terrace -

Santiago
16-01-2012, 14:53
Emergency supplies of cakes, buns, etc., on the way. I baked them all so they aren't "special", but they are edible and calorific which is what I think is needed at this time. (Also a case of mixed red and white - no idea what's in it but enjoy!)

It is always sad to lose a parent, I lost mine quite a long time ago and there are times it still hits you, MM, so I do understand that you are finding things exceptionally hard at the moment. No, it will never be the same again but just think how fortunate you were to have a parent you cared about and who obviously cared for you. Try also to remember the fun things you had when your Dad was alive, the things that made you laugh out loud, the silly things, the times you had a good moan, etc., etc., etc. None of it will make it any better but it may help a little. Anyway, we are all here pretty well every day to support you when you need it, so don't hesitate to give us a shout from those wild Welsh hills (or coasts) and we'll all come running - well, more of a stagger in my case!!

Malteser Monkey
16-01-2012, 15:10
Thanks Santiago - i will remember all that - you can stagger over anytime you like

cainaries
16-01-2012, 16:25
And there's loads of home-made ice-cream in the freezer if you want to do some comfort-eating.

Santiago
16-01-2012, 17:28
And there's loads of home-made ice-cream in the freezer if you want to do some comfort-eating.

Have sent over a tray of barraquitos - sorry can't stop am trying to do my tax return - HMRC :bowdown:

warbey
16-01-2012, 20:40
Very true GFG. Each of Us has to find Their own way during the Grief Process, which is what it is.
We are all affected differently, and I think Each losss is different too, within Our Minds.

I now beleive People go to another World to carry on Their development of Their Soul.

They are not gone, just out of sight. Sometimes they may connect for a short while.

This is a great comfort and I can still talk to Them if needed.
It wouldnt do for Everyone but suits Me..

Has Anyone seen the Salt..?

Suej
16-01-2012, 22:19
Very true GFG. Each of Us has to find Their own way during the Grief Process, which is what it is.
We are all affected differently, and I think Each losss is different too, within Our Minds.

I now beleive People go to another World to carry on Their development of Their Soul.

They are not gone, just out of sight. Sometimes they may connect for a short while.

This is a great comfort and I can still talk to Them if needed.
It wouldnt do for Everyone but suits Me..

Has Anyone seen the Salt..?

In the sugar bowl Warbs!:laugh:

cainaries
16-01-2012, 22:21
In the sugar bowl Warbs!:laugh:

Please don't put any sugar-bowl salt in the tray of barraquitos Santiago has just sent over - perfect, Santiago, just what I fancied.

Malteser Monkey
30-01-2012, 13:22
Kooooeeeee where is everyone ?? Hiding ?

cainaries
30-01-2012, 14:32

Been wondering the same thing, Monkey. Bit busy today, myself, but will catch up with you later or tomorrow. How's things?

Santiago
30-01-2012, 14:56

Yoo Hoo MM. I'm still here although I am printing off end of year accounts for the farm! However, they take so long that I can dash in and out of the forum in between! There's a load of buns in the cupboard and a bottle or several of "medicine" as well if you feel like it. Otherwise try the new coffee maker - it works a treat and there is some really nice ground Columbian coffee, (well, I hope it's coffee, coming from that part of the world!), which tastes brilliant. Enjoy!

Malteser Monkey
30-01-2012, 15:02
I'll fetch the liquor 43 and the condensada - lovely thanks Santiago

Watch out the smell of that lovely coffee will bring em all back you know

Santiago
30-01-2012, 15:45
I'll fetch the liquor 43 and the condensada - lovely thanks Santiago

Watch out the smell of that lovely coffee will bring em all back you know

Hope it isn't made with poppy seed!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
30-01-2012, 15:59
calm yourself down there Santiago and grab one of those buns .....BUNS !!!! I said........... leave old Warbey alone:D

Santiago
30-01-2012, 17:16
calm yourself down there Santiago and grab one of those buns .....BUNS !!!! I said........... leave old Warbey alone:D

Old (?) warbey????? He told me he was 23!!!!!

How about these buns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnBhn7YSsnM

Malteser Monkey
30-01-2012, 17:22
Old (?) warbey????? He told me he was 23!!!!!

How about these buns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnBhn7YSsnM

Double it, add 2, multiply by........................................... 23 !!! my derrier:laugh:

Will look at the video at home just in case.... you don't want me getting the sack do you - off home now xx

cainaries
30-01-2012, 22:25
Haven't got enough broadband widthto see that, Santiago!

Santiago
30-01-2012, 23:21
Haven't got enough broadband widthto see that, Santiago!

Keeps me cheerful on dull days when I am working at the computer!! :whistle:

Malteser Monkey
31-01-2012, 11:02
Keeps me cheerful on dull days when I am working at the computer!! :whistle:

MORNINGS !!!!

didn't get a chance to watch it last night - is it ok to watch at work ? no rudities ?

Suej
31-01-2012, 13:07
Watch what??? Corrie? Wouldn't you just love throttle that woman in the Harvey's Ad during the breaks! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
31-01-2012, 13:37
Watch what??? Corrie? Wouldn't you just love throttle that woman in the Harvey's Ad during the breaks! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:eyebrows:

The one dropping the peas, daft mare isn't she

I was on about the you tube clip on the previous page, have a look for me hun - see if it's ok for me to open at work if you have 5 mins please

cainaries
31-01-2012, 13:57
And then I'll make you mime it for me, MM !! (No idea what it is,btw) - like charades.

Big clean up down here planned for this afternoon. But we seem a bit short of duvet covers ....

Suej
31-01-2012, 13:59

I was on about the you tube clip on the previous page, have a look for me hun - see if it's ok for me to open at work if you have 5 mins please

It's just a work out MM! nothing offensive I think it should be OK! :)

Santiago
31-01-2012, 14:11

Honest, MM, it's just a workout for the buns!!

Added after 2 minutes:

And then I'll make you mime it for me, MM !! (No idea what it is,btw) - like charades.

Big clean up down here planned for this afternoon. But we seem a bit short of duvet covers ....

What happened to all the covers?

Malteser Monkey
31-01-2012, 14:26
Oooooerrrr I'm having a hot flush, those are some tight buns.

You could crack walnuts with those cheeks :crazy::D

Santiago
31-01-2012, 16:31
Oooooerrrr I'm having a hot flush, those are some tight buns.

You could crack walnuts with those cheeks :crazy::D

I knew you would appreciate it!!!!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
31-01-2012, 16:33
Ohh dear am I that obvious :wink2:

warbey
31-01-2012, 20:54
Ohh dear am I that obvious :wink2:

To us OLDER Ones.....YES

How is You all.?
Enjoy Your holidays.?

i havent been on much the last few Days.
Frostbite in Me Fingers.....Brrrrrr.....

Santiago
31-01-2012, 23:28
To us OLDER Ones.....YES

How is You all.?
Enjoy Your holidays.?

Oh, sorry to hear that warbs, stick a hot water bottle up your jumper and put on some thick socks - always works for me!

cainaries
31-01-2012, 23:34
To us OLDER Ones.....YES

How is You all.?
Enjoy Your holidays.?

Never mind, Warbey, aren't you off on your hols soon?

And for Santiago ... any chance of one of your barraquitos - it would go down a treat right now? Dungeon is about the cleanest I've ever seen it, btw, but there is a pile of washing to do.

Santiago
31-01-2012, 23:48
Never mind, Warbey, aren't you off on your hols soon?

And for Santiago ... any chance of one of your barraquitos - it would go down a treat right now? Dungeon is about the cleanest I've ever seen it, btw, but there is a pile of washing to do.

Barraquito on the way - in fact I am sending two, just in case you need a real boost! There are some custard tarts as well just in case you are hungry.
Forecast is good for the next few days so I'll get stuck in to the washing now I've finished the tax returns.
:sunny::washing::sunny:

warbey
01-02-2012, 20:01
Barraquito on the way - in fact I am sending two, just in case you need a real boost! There are some custard tarts as well just in case you are hungry.
Forecast is good for the next few days so I'll get stuck in to the washing now I've finished the tax returns.

I have to keep away from You Santiago.
Each time I read Your posts You offer food which I could make a Pig of myself on
Custards Today.......................OOOooooohh

Two small ones then please..
What drink goes best with Custards.?
I like Coffee but Tea goes best to Me with those..

I fixed the Pulley on the Washing Line now too, as well as re-oiling the creaking gate..

cainaries
01-02-2012, 21:06

Oh, thanks for those, they were delicious.

It's definitely looking much cleaner down here. And now we've even got someone taking care of the paperwork! Wonderful. Would anyone like a glass of something?

Malteser Monkey
01-02-2012, 23:45
Just scoffing a cranberry & apple pie with custard.........only coz it's my day off wouldn't normally touch anything that heavy this time of night. Will regret it tomorrow xx nite nite

Santiago
01-02-2012, 23:49
Just scoffing a cranberry & apple pie with custard.........only coz it's my day off wouldn't normally touch anything that heavy this time of night. Will regret it tomorrow xx nite nite

Gosh, that sounds nice MM. I am chewing a liquorice toffee and I may regret it sooner than tomorrow!!

Malteser Monkey
02-02-2012, 11:55
Gosh, that sounds nice MM. I am chewing a liquorice toffee and I may regret it sooner than tomorrow!!

:crylaughing: good one

yesterday up in't hills, Snowdonia range (part of)

specially for you lot up in them warm hills !

Canarybird what do you think of my picture ? not bad for an old phone camera

cainaries
02-02-2012, 16:24
:crylaughing: good one

yesterday up in't hills, Snowdonia range (part of)

specially for you lot up in them warm hills !

Canarybird what do you think of my picture ? not bad for an old phone camera

Beautiful photo, MM. Looks cold though and the land looks very dry (?). Glad you posted it on here as when I tried to open it on the UK weather thread I just got a bike road through Bournemouth!

Malteser Monkey
02-02-2012, 16:28
Beautiful photo, MM. Looks cold though and the land looks very dry (?). Glad you posted it on here as when I tried to open it on the UK weather thread I just got a bike road through Bournemouth!

Ha Ha that's old Vortex - he was going it a bit wasn't he - thought he had a rocket up his and how are you today ?:D

yes it was 0 yesterday. The sun was scorching through my back windows but the air outside - freezing.

It hasn't rained for a few days so no doubt we will have drowt warnings soon.

cainaries
02-02-2012, 20:46
Ha Ha that's old Vortex - he was going it a bit wasn't he - thought he had a rocket up his and how are you today ?:D

yes it was 0 yesterday. The sun was scorching through my back windows but the air outside - freezing.

It hasn't rained for a few days so no doubt we will have drowt warnings soon.

Very dozy today - haven't been sleeping well. Yesterday it was gorgeous here - went round to some friends and sat out on the terrace all afternoon in glorious sunshine. Today, though, it's rather cold and grey but deffo better than zero degrees.

Just putting on what I would call supper - smoked pork chops, red cabbage with apple and some plain boiled pots straight out of our neighbour's garden. Should I cater for you? Oh ... and a glass of wine for the chef ...

warbey
02-02-2012, 21:07
And all I had was a Pizza Tatties ans baked Beans.
my fault, eating Santiago's Custards again..

Good view of Teide MM.. (We Wish.!)

I was told it was -4 locally when the Kids were going into School this Morning...

Santiago
02-02-2012, 23:45
Corrrrr! Smoked pork chops, that sounds really good. We had sausage, mash and beans with an egg on top as it was cold and that is comfort food. Sorry you haven't been sleeping well cainaries, anything we can send you?

Loved your picture MM, looked very pretty with the snow on top of the mountains. It's just cold, dry and sunny here - temp at the moment is -5C!!

warbs, it sounds like you were eating the same as us tonight. It's amazing how the cold saps the ingenuity out of your brain and you resort to the basics.

Brandy snaps on the way tomorrow. Be sure to keep them in the tupperware box or they'll go soft. Nite all.

Malteser Monkey
03-02-2012, 10:33
Very dozy today - haven't been sleeping well. Yesterday it was gorgeous here - went round to some friends and sat out on the terrace all afternoon in glorious sunshine. Today, though, it's rather cold and grey but deffo better than zero degrees.

Just putting on what I would call supper - smoked pork chops, red cabbage with apple and some plain boiled pots straight out of our neighbour's garden. Should I cater for you? Oh ... and a glass of wine for the chef ...

Hmmm are we being funny here C :D that's more of a feast with enough for all. Yes please and a large glass for me.

-6 today getting colder.

might get some pork chops for dinner this weekend. Wish we could get the ones with the kidneys in like when I was a nipper !:yum:

Santiago
03-02-2012, 14:39
Hmmm are we being funny here C :D that's more of a feast with enough for all. Yes please and a large glass for me.

-6 today getting colder.

might get some pork chops for dinner this weekend. Wish we could get the ones with the kidneys in like when I was a nipper !:yum:

Go to a butcher and ask! A proper butcher will usually be able to supply almost any cut of meat on demand - and a few by ordering. If you buy in the supermarkets you will get what they put on the shelves, and nothing else. Out in Tenerife, however, we found the butchers in the supermarket in Santiago 5 were always pretty good and had a nice selection of meat and you could choose the cut you wanted from what was on display. If I could have spoken Spanish much better I may have been able to ask for meat which wasn't on display. However, I didn't dare try as I had a feeling I would end up with dinosaur wings or a bisected shark!

By the way it was -6.6C overnight here and my shower was frozen!!

Malteser Monkey
03-02-2012, 14:43
we have a local butchers across the road does lovely stuff - cheap too, but I have never seen thos pork chops on sale so just took it for granted they weren't sold like that anymore.

Will ask next time I'm there - ta hun

Santiago
03-02-2012, 15:16
we have a local butchers across the road does lovely stuff - cheap too, but I have never seen thos pork chops on sale so just took it for granted they weren't sold like that anymore.

Will ask next time I'm there - ta hun

When I was little my Mum always told me to ask if I didn't know something, or wanted something that wasn't there. She said that whoever it was could always say "no" but if I didn't ask I would never know. As usual, she was always right, darn it!

Malteser Monkey
03-02-2012, 15:45
ahh there is more to this Santi ! Apparently some law now against them being sold together - I will have to look into this and report back !

cainaries
03-02-2012, 15:48
I have a feeling there is an EU regulation saying you can't sell chops with kidneys on any more. No idea why.

Is yours an outdoor shower then, Santiago? Brrrrr.

Malteser Monkey
03-02-2012, 15:59
Oh yes didn't see that about the shower - have you got an outside loo too with an over head tank and chain:D

Santiago
03-02-2012, 17:42
Didn't know anything about not being able to sell chops with kidneys in! Will ask my butcher next time I go to town as he always knows all the latest rules and regulations.

No the shower isn't outside and I do not have a loo with an overhead cistern and chain although there might be one in one of the farmhouses. I have a very nice (tiny) indoor bathroom which was remodelled about five years ago - cost nearly as much as it cost to build the bungalow!!! Had a super power shower put in but the pipework is all in the roof and part of it must have become uncovered and so it froze. I hate strip washes as they take ages and it was jolly cold in the bathroom anyway as we don't have central heating! Nice and warm now though and rapidly approaching the cocktail hour - yes?

Added after 5 minutes:

I have a feeling there is an EU regulation saying you can't sell chops with kidneys on any more. No idea why.

Found this quote by googling: DO NOT BELIEVE THE EU CLAIM!

As most butchering is done by supermarkets, their processed food business means the old 'family butcher' attached kidney is not done. I attend one of the oldest open markets in London and their butchers still sell chops with attached kidneys. The use of the EU for the reasons why something is changed is a clever cone to hide the way that supermarkets have decimated the retail experience.

Added after 17 minutes:

Sounds like bad weather is coming your way on Saturday cainaries, 90mph winds!!

Hope all will be okay for you!

cainaries
03-02-2012, 19:37
Didn't know anything about not being able to sell chops with kidneys in! Will ask my butcher next time I go to town as he always knows all the latest rules and regulations.

No the shower isn't outside and I do not have a loo with an overhead cistern and chain although there might be one in one of the farmhouses. I have a very nice (tiny) indoor bathroom which was remodelled about five years ago - cost nearly as much as it cost to build the bungalow!!! Had a super power shower put in but the pipework is all in the roof and part of it must have become uncovered and so it froze. I hate strip washes as they take ages and it was jolly cold in the bathroom anyway as we don't have central heating! Nice and warm now though and rapidly approaching the cocktail hour - yes?

Added after 5 minutes:

Found this quote by googling: DO NOT BELIEVE THE EU CLAIM!

As most butchering is done by supermarkets, their processed food business means the old 'family butcher' attached kidney is not done. I attend one of the oldest open markets in London and their butchers still sell chops with attached kidneys. The use of the EU for the reasons why something is changed is a clever cone to hide the way that supermarkets have decimated the retail experience.

Added after 17 minutes:

Sounds like bad weather is coming your way on Saturday cainaries, 90mph winds!!

Hope all will be okay for you!

I don't like wind at all - in any way. So living on a small island in the middle of the Atlantic might be viewed as a bit daft. Yes, we're on orange alert for the weekend. Plus side is I've got a lot of washing to do so maybe it will dry very fast.

I'm one of those people who gets cross when people blame the EU for every new restriction and now I've fallen for that line myself - doh.

Yes, hmm, cocktail hour .... I think just a glass of wine for me, thanks. I love the idea of cocktails but I find it difficult to limit myself to one or two .....

warbey
03-02-2012, 20:50
Talking of bungalows Santiago, We had an interesting three months after We moved in.
We have a Combi Boiler so no pipes in the Attic and no Cistern either..
Trouble was Black Mould. Cured by replacing Insulation moved by Workmen too casual to put it back again
or too tired maybe.. We added more too.. Cheap as chips in comparison with Energy Prices....

Nice bit of Sun today though..

cainaries
03-02-2012, 21:27
Talking of bungalows Santiago, We had an interesting three months after We moved in.
We have a Combi Boiler so no pipes in the Attic and no Cistern either..
Trouble was Black Mould. Cured by replacing Insulation moved by Workmen too casual to put it back again
or too tired maybe.. We added more too.. Cheap as chips in comparison with Energy Prices....

Nice bit of Sun today though..

Oh, the dreaded Combi boiler .... cold winter morning, please choose (a) hot water or (b) central heating ... both please ... system collapses. I expect they are better now. We bought a house with one in and had it replaced with ordinary system pronto.

warbey
03-02-2012, 21:31
Oh, the dreaded Combi boiler .... cold winter morning, please choose (a) hot water or (b) central heating ... both please ... system collapses. I expect they are better now. We bought a house with one in and had it replaced with ordinary system pronto.

I think they are up to Mkxxiv by now..

Fair does, this one does quite well

cainaries
03-02-2012, 22:33

You'll need it in this weather you're having over there, Warbs. Full steam ahead I should think.

Santiago
03-02-2012, 23:17

No central heating means no boiler problems! I like to have the windows open all day if I can as I am a fresh air fiend. Don't know why the pipes froze in the loft though, maybe the mice have eaten all the insulation!!!

Goforgold
03-02-2012, 23:21

I was just reading Warbey's combi post and thought the same and NO they haven't changed CA!!! We have one, I thought it was just us, but every now and then if we've got the central heating on AND want hot water in the kitchen it goes into F22 mode and closes down - the thing is you often don't realise what's happened until you're freezin' yer futtocks off!!! :)

Santiago
03-02-2012, 23:43
I was just reading Warbey's combi and thought the same and NO they haven't changed CA!!! We have one, I thought it was just us, but every now and then if we've got the central heating on AND want hot water in the kitchen into F22 mode and closes down - the thing is you often don't realise what's happened until you're freezin' yer futtocks off!!! :)

And, when you're covered from head to foot in shampoo - that just ain't funny!!

Malteser Monkey
10-02-2012, 16:20
kooooeee anyone around

Santiago
10-02-2012, 16:29
Hi, MM, I just dropped in to see if anything needed doing, but I can see you have it all organised! :wink2:

Malteser Monkey
10-02-2012, 16:40
oh yes - wine cellar stocked - that's it - no need for anything else. Warby still bound and gagged in the end bedroom:laugh:

Santiago
10-02-2012, 17:15
oh yes - wine cellar stocked - that's it - no need for anything else. Warby still bound and gagged in the end bedroom:laugh::thanx:

Well done MM!! Did you notice the box of doughnuts on the table? Fresh today and simply oozing with strawberry jam!! They'd go down a treat with a nice glass of red!

cainaries
10-02-2012, 17:42
:thanx:

Well done MM!! Did you notice the box of doughnuts on the table? Fresh today and simply oozing with strawberry jam!! They'd go down a treat with a nice glass of red!

Usually I can find any excuse for a glass of vino but I have to confess I'd sooner have a cuppa with a doughnut so have just brewed up .... anyone else about ... how many cups do we need?

Do you think we should get Warbey a bottle of Wincarnis?

Santiago
10-02-2012, 17:47
Usually I can find any excuse for a glass of vino but I have to confess I'd sooner have a cuppa with a doughnut so have just brewed up .... anyone else about ... how many cups do we need?

Do you think we should get Warbey a bottle of Wincarnis?

Oh, yes, a nice cuppa for me please. I have some Buckfast Abbey tonic wine here so I'll drop it in for warbs when I come to get my cup of tea.

cainaries
10-02-2012, 19:39
Oh, yes, a nice cuppa for me please. I have some Buckfast Abbey tonic wine here so I'll drop it in for warbs when I come to get my cup of tea.

That should do the trick?:D

I think the rest of us should have a tot of something now to keep him company. Red, white or something stronger?

Santiago
10-02-2012, 23:33
That should do the trick?:D

I think the rest of us should have a tot of something now to keep him company. Red, white or something stronger?

How about a Canarian version of Irish coffee? A barraquito with a large splash of brandy and some dairy milk sprinkles on top? And some brandy snaps to soak it up!!

cainaries
11-02-2012, 23:19
How about a Canarian version of Irish coffee? A barraquito with a large splash of brandy and some dairy milk sprinkles on top? And some brandy snaps to soak it up!!

I know I'm a day late but that sounds utterly wonderful and I wish I really had one here to drink. In fact I'm off to the kitchen to see what I can concoct. I think I've got most of the ingredients ... brandy .... brandy ... brandy ... yup, that should do it.

Santiago
11-02-2012, 23:40
I know I'm a day late but that sounds utterly wonderful and I wish I really had one here to drink. In fact I'm off to the kitchen to see what I can concoct. I think I've got most of the ingredients ... brandy .... brandy ... brandy ... yup, that should do it.

I like a girl who's organised with all the necessities in life!!
:coffee:

tracy hampshire
12-02-2012, 15:11
love irish coffee but not the same when it's hot, now it's perfect, so now lets all enjoy the things we miss from home, comfort food , stews, big roast dinners, i'm cooking a full sunday lunch as we speak, usually to hot to bother , i'm enjoying the cold snap while it lasts, because we'll probably have 11 months of sweltering weather , so lets enjoy folks, apologys to the poor people who have come over for some winter sunshine & a tan x

Suej
12-02-2012, 15:46
Have to agree with that tracy! I`m doing a toad in the hole roast! just a change from Chicken! Mmmmmm! Like you I never bother with this sort of meal in the warmer weather!:yum::yum::yum:

tracy hampshire
12-02-2012, 16:16
suej no oven so can't do yorkshires, mmmm love yorkies, for me it's pot roast lamb, mash, carrot & turnip mash, green beans & spring cabbage, with large amounts of red wine in me & the gravy lol & a special thankyou to mr ekeythump, who gave me tips on cooking without an oven xxxx

Suej
12-02-2012, 17:44
suej no oven so can't do yorkshires, mmmm love yorkies, for me it's pot roast lamb, mash, carrot & turnip mash, green beans & spring cabbage, with large amounts of red wine in me & the gravy lol & a special thankyou to mr ekeythump, who gave me tips on cooking without an oven xxxx

I'll gladly swop some yorkshires for a slice or two of lamb! Deal?:wink2:

cainaries
12-02-2012, 22:15
I like a girl who's organised with all the necessities in life!!
:coffee:

I like my comforts me. And certainly wouldn't be doing with central heating in the UK this winter. Tonight we're cooking up a spicy chicken stir fry to keep us all warm.

(We've just watched The Shining and I'm a bit worried there's six foot out of snow just outside the front door of the house).

Santiago
12-02-2012, 23:33
I like my comforts me. And certainly wouldn't be doing with central heating in the UK this winter. Tonight we're cooking up a spicy chicken stir fry to keep us all warm.

(We've just watched The Shining and I'm a bit worried there's six foot out of snow just outside the front door of the house).

No, all clear outside! Sorry I'm late, Suej only just reminded me that I was supposed to be doing the washing up.

:dishes:

Malteser Monkey
13-02-2012, 10:41

Have you had any snow over there like last year Cainaries.

We have managed to escape it so far

Santiago You are doing a fine job mate - keep up the good work !:D

Suej
13-02-2012, 14:53
Intermittent sunshine and warm slippers how am I going to add to this thread now ?

First time I've know you to be stuck for words MM! Bought us some nice hot water bottles with furry covers for later...so don't be late in tonight!:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
13-02-2012, 15:23
First time I've know you to be stuck for words MM! Bought us some nice hot water bottles with furry covers for later...so don't be late in tonight!:laugh:

Ooooo nice can I have the teddy bear one ?

Is it cold there today ?

are we off topic now?

Santiago
13-02-2012, 16:31
Intermittent sunshine and warm slippers how am I going to add to this thread now ?

Knitted thermal combinations?

kingbaker
15-02-2012, 14:15
I was just reading Warbey's combi post and thought the same and NO they haven't changed CA!!! We have one, I thought it was just us, but every now and then if we've got the central heating on AND want hot water in the kitchen it goes into F22 mode and closes down - the thing is you often don't realise what's happened until you're freezin' yer futtocks off!!! :)

And what, prey tell is a futtocks........... one of those undergarments , common to the midlands:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2012, 15:22
And what, prey tell is a futtocks........... one of those undergarments , common to the midlands:whistle:

Flippin' Buttocks !!!!:D

kingbaker
15-02-2012, 15:37
Flippin' Buttocks !!!!:D

OH!! a'flippin' botox, was it successful this time? unlike the last episode?:bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2012, 15:39
OH!! a'flippin' botox, was it successful this time? unlike the last episode?:bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:

nothing of mine needs filling !

Keep the comments clean - family forum:D

Santiago
15-02-2012, 15:44
nothing of mine needs filling !

Keep the comments clean - family forum:D

The Munsters? :laugh:

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2012, 15:46
The Munsters? :laugh:

you can go off people..................quickly

Santiago
15-02-2012, 15:50
you can go off people..................quickly

I thought you were far too young to remember them!!