PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat Information needed about street or market vending in Santa Cruz to cruise ship passengers

norte
01-11-2014, 11:31
hi there,

apparently now almost everyday in santa cruz port docks these giant cruise ships carrying 1000's of travellers and letting them go free wandering and shopping for few hours or 1 day not sure, and this party carry on till summer then its gets busier somewhere else. i wondering maybe there is some trading opportunities in terms of street vending etc, maybe someone saw some market stall selling arthesanian stuff or any stuff in the proximity of these travellers from ships? or it is impossible to do due to lack of permits issued, as there is plenty of shops i guess around. of course it is best go and check it out myself but i'am living quite far away from santa cruz and my car at the minute is not matriculated yet, don't want to get pulled over by guardia civil. i will do it in near future for sure, but before that just trying to get some feedback from forum members:)
would be grateful for any thoughts about this one.

regards

bonitatime
01-11-2014, 22:23
There is an artesan Market one weekend a months but itenerant selling is ilegal And the police are out in the street all the time

norte
03-11-2014, 10:49
ok thanks, is it illegal in all tenerife or just santa cruz? i mean is it possible to get permit or something and trade in some designated place (obviously not anywhere where you wish), as i saw for example in icod some traders in main plaza. i understand that it is possible, but its difficult and you need to be living in that municipio there you intend to trade? do you heard something about that?

bonitatime
03-11-2014, 14:50
Certainly its ilegal in Adeje Arona and Santa Cruz
Are you sure what you are talking about is not the sort of place they sell Papers And maganzines from. It sounds like it could be. Only if you are resident in Santa Cruz you can apply to open this type of business there