PDA

View Full Version : Rental accommodation posts get many views, but no replies. Why?

Craig007
04-11-2014, 20:15
I have to say this and a bit of a rant..So disappointing in this forum numerous people all this year to date and last year etc...ask for helping in needing rentals and sharing etc like myself they often get hundreds of views yet no one if ever, bothers to actually reply and help!

****Indeed to be honest I have had this conversation and feedback with numerous people like myself who also tried posting here on this forum looking for rental or shares etc and they too very frustrated and baffled as It really is a common trend here many folk trying to find places ask and post - yet virtually all seem never get a single reply to them even PM (private reply) are very, very few and far between) the evidence is all there month after month once can see despite hundreds so called views for a persons request to share a house/apartment or find a place - NO REPLIES!

Last year, let alone this year...hundreds seems to view the rental wanted and house share wanted etc posts yet fact is no one bothers reaching out ....I have asked twice and just recently about 10 days ago posted wanting house/apartment share but NOTHING despite yet over 155 views on mine and some peeople had over 300 to 500 in just the last few months and had not one single reply I even asked some of them if if anyone PM them even - and they said no!)

***If you're very, very lucky*** you may get one or two persons respond or point you to other online rental places websites that are in Spanish and cannot be translated even if google asks you would you like to translate to english ifyou say yes it screws up the website when trying to translate so impossible to translate...they are:

Segundamano.es
milanuncios.com

www.enalquiler.com
www.fotocasa.es

So please folks lets all help each other a bit more if practically possible on this forum for those looking for a place to rent, house/apartment share etc

rant over:spin:
many thanks!

willowlily
04-11-2014, 20:44
I have to say this and a bit of a rant..So disappointing in this forum numerous people all this year to date and last year etc...ask for helping in needing rentals and sharing etc like myself they often get hundreds of views yet no one if ever, bothers to actually reply and help!

****Indeed to be honest I have had this conversation and feedback with numerous people like myself who also tried posting here on this forum looking for rental or shares etc and they too very frustrated and baffled as It really is a common trend here many folk trying to find places ask and post - yet virtually all seem never get a single reply to them even PM (private reply) are very, very few and far between) the evidence is all there month after month once can see despite hundreds so called views for a persons request to share a house/apartment or find a place - NO REPLIES!

Last year, let alone this year...hundreds seems to view the rental wanted and house share wanted etc posts yet fact is no one bothers reaching out ....I have asked twice and just recently about 10 days ago posted wanting house/apartment share but NOTHING despite yet over 155 views on mine and some peeople had over 300 to 500 in just the last few months and had not one single reply I even asked some of them if if anyone PM them even - and they said no!)

***If you're very, very lucky*** you may get one or two persons respond or point you to other online rental places websites that are in Spanish and cannot be translated even if google asks you would you like to translate to english ifyou say yes it screws up the website when trying to translate so impossible to translate...they are:

Segundamano.es
milanuncios.com

www.enalquiler.com
www.fotocasa.es

So please folks lets all help each other a bit more if practically possible on this forum for those looking for a place to rent, house/apartment share etc

rant over:spin:
many thanks!

I do understand your frustration and many people who own rental properties both holiday and long term are members of the Tenerife forum, but there is a lack of good properties in south Tenerife with the facilities that we would expect. people do not reply if they have nothing available.

canarybird
04-11-2014, 20:44
It would seem that people do read the post out of curiosity to see what the poster is looking for even though they themselves don't have rental space available. I tend to also read such a post just in case the OP is looking for something in my area or somewhere I may know about or where I have friends offering accomodation. The fact that nobody replies would indicate that nobody knows of a place that fills the requirements of the OP. I don't think that the lack of replies indicates that forum people are being unfriendly or unhelpful; rather it's just that they don't have any suggestions that could be useful. Many views of these requests does indicate that people would perhaps like to help if they could, so I would think of that as a plus for the OP and not something to be angry about.

kingbaker
04-11-2014, 21:01
Not being smart but a few hundred views means nothing. TF can be read by anyone .....anywhere in the world who understands English...doesn't mean they have a room to rent.

To rent a room out, you need to be registered and insured. All's ok till there's a problem.

If you go to an agent they will probably want a few hundred as finders fee....even though they work on behalf of the owner, as well as dep. and monthly up front etc. etc. Not so simple after all.

LUCKY
04-11-2014, 23:06
I could not comment on the original posters post . But will at a later date. . :flatcap:
Life ain't easy ***If you're very, very lucky*** It was this part of the post that got me , Cos i'm LUCKY
Yours disgusted Tonbridge wells :flatcap:

Bhamannette
17-06-2015, 12:25
Sorry you've had no luck, but I'd prefer no replies to hundreds saying sorry cant help.
That being said I do hope you find something

Ecky Thump
17-06-2015, 12:34
same that what i though people do

I think that this needs TOTO 99 's skills in interpretation.:laugh:

TOTO 99
17-06-2015, 12:41
I think that this needs TOTO 99 's skills in interpretation.:laugh:

Sounds like me after a few Doradas....:laugh:

and Bhamannette this thread is from 2014..it's just been hijacked by a spammer during Mod hibernation.....

fixer
17-06-2015, 12:41
Any way its not legal for owners off holiday apartments to rent them themselves maybe don't want to reply on a open forum off course we all have many cousins! .

Bhamannette
17-06-2015, 13:00
Oops, oh yeah never noticed the date, wonder if he ever found anything
Sounds like me after a few Doradas....:laugh:

and Bhamannette this thread is from 2014..it's just been hijacked by a spammer during Mod hibernation.....

Ecky Thump
17-06-2015, 13:02
Any way its not legal for owners off holiday apartments to rent them themselves maybe don't want to reply on a open forum off course we all have many cousins! .

Yes, we should give thanks to the extended family to keep the holiday letting market buoyant. :D

marbro8
17-06-2015, 17:28
Oops, oh yeah never noticed the date, wonder if he ever found anythinghe went to lanzarote instead:laugh: