PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a separate Spanish will for my Spanish assets?

Tony the Welder
12-11-2014, 02:31
advice needed in regards to putting wills in place will a English will be ok or do I kneed a Spanish will as well contacted 3 companies first response was I needed to go for a consortashion 80e pluss igc which will be off set if I use there services waiting for a response from the other 2 any advice will be welcome

Hepa
12-11-2014, 22:07
You need an English will for your English assets and a Spanish will for your Spanish assets, and in each will you have to make reference to the other. The Local Notario did ours, its a while since, I cannot remember the exact cost, but it wasn't expensive.

KirstyJay
14-11-2014, 00:29
Yes, you need a separate will, and 80€ is a very good price to get one done. You aren't getting ripped off.

Tony the Welder
14-11-2014, 06:59
thank you kirstyjay if it was 80eu that would be ok but the 80eur is just to meet up and talk about the will before I am told the price

clara
14-11-2014, 09:11
If you have an existing English will and it says 'whatsoever and whersoever situate' or something similar, that will cover both coutries we were advised.

bulldog
14-11-2014, 09:13
Tony,try the notary in Los Cristianos opposite the church square 2nd.floor the guy on the front desk is Oscar I know they do them but don,t know the price
We did ours back in the 80,s different times back then good luck

bonitatime
14-11-2014, 21:32
You can do a Will in any notary office they have complete understanding if the Law And if you chose one in the South they Will be used to dealing with foreigners

Tony the Welder
15-11-2014, 08:20
thank you all for responding what I have been told up to press is that I need is one in England for the assets there and the same in Tenerife they are the same for both me and the wife so will need 4 in total but I want to set up some sort of trust fund for most of my assets just in case the worst happens to me and the wife , on holls just know so will be sorting this out next week thank you all again or and hi to Collin t

karen1234
22-02-2015, 07:26
One will, the law changes in August. You can leave your worldwide assets to whoever under residency law or now country of birth