PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mike in Chayofa

admin
17-11-2014, 18:50
It's with great sadness that I have to announce the passing of Forum member and Super Moderator, Mike in Chayofa.

Mike was always a very balanced moderator and a friend to many on here. Many will have been aware that he has battled with illness for some time, hopefully he is at rest now.

We will post information about the funeral arrangements as they are known.

Thank you.

macdonald5
17-11-2014, 18:55
So,so sorry to hear this bad news, suspected from some of his posts that he was not a well man
RIP Mike

moonlighter
17-11-2014, 18:59
Very sad news, Mike was not only very popular on the forum but was always ready to help people when they had a problem.

RIP Mike

melm
17-11-2014, 19:09
Sorry to hear such sad news.

Andrzej
17-11-2014, 19:43
You can shed tears that Mike is gone
Or you can smile because he has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that Mike will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember Mike and only that he is gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

RIP my dear Mike
Gabbie

warbey
17-11-2014, 19:55
Sad News. He was a great asset to the Forum and The Members too.

Sadly missed especially His Honesty.

Gone, but not forgotten Mate.

Anne 2009
17-11-2014, 20:06
My thoughts go out to his family and friends xx

West mids tyke
17-11-2014, 20:40
RIP Mike #atpeacewiththeangels thoughts with friends & family

BobMac
17-11-2014, 20:47
So sorry to hear this news

imablue
17-11-2014, 21:50
R.I.P. Mike... did a great amount of work on this forum for years.Sad News

9PLUS
17-11-2014, 22:22
Gutted..........super nice bloke

DJ Dangerous
17-11-2014, 22:43
So sad to hear this.

Rest in peace, Mike.

DJD.

Susief
17-11-2014, 22:44
Oh no, such sad news. RIP Mike xx

YOUNG GOLFER
17-11-2014, 22:46
Very sad news....rip Mike.

chris
17-11-2014, 23:14
Had the pleasure of meeting Mike what a nice guy rip m8

KirstyJay
17-11-2014, 23:22
I am at a loss for words. Mike was always the one person that I used to turn to for advice on here. My thoughts are with all his friends and family. RIP Mike. One in a million.

Megaloo
18-11-2014, 00:48
So sorry to hear the sad news RIP Mike

timmylish
18-11-2014, 01:50
I am shocked and saddened at his passing. My condolences and thoughts go out to his family and close friends.

Chine
18-11-2014, 09:11
Very sad news, RIP Mike

Medman
18-11-2014, 09:18
Very sad news indeed. RIP Mike.

Malteser Monkey
18-11-2014, 10:06
OH Lord - terrible news I am shocked.

Rest in Peace Mike

My thoughts are with your family and friends xx

Blondeshrimp
18-11-2014, 10:17
So sorry to hear this sad news
RIP Mike.

garlicbread
18-11-2014, 10:42
I've met Mike several times since I arrived on the Island 11 years ago, an all round good egg and an aset to this Forum from day 1 Condolences to his friends and family.

Suej
18-11-2014, 10:52
I am so sorry to hear this very sad news Mike was a great guy and will be greatly missed by everyone. RIP Mike sleep peacefully. X

Rodders
18-11-2014, 11:42
I am so sorry to hear this very sad news Mike was a great guy and will be greatly missed by everyone. RIP Mike sleep peacefully. X

Sad news indeed, RIP Mike.

God bless.

Chayofa Tete
18-11-2014, 11:58
Sad news indeed, RIP Mike.

God bless.

RIP Mike Sad news indeed

junglejim
18-11-2014, 12:26
Very sad news about Mike - RIP and condolences to all .

seanocelt
18-11-2014, 13:10
Sad news. One of the first forum members i asked for an opinion. He was spot on too. R.I.P.

9PLUS
18-11-2014, 14:19
We lost forum member Atlantico also a few weeks ago yeah?

Margaretta
18-11-2014, 14:26
Very upset to discover this. Mike has been a Moderator for so long and very helpful both publicly on the Forum and privately through pm's. Over the years people have noted how he has been so helpful to people around and about i.e. in the bank, in shops and they only found out who he was afterwards. Kirsty, you must feel it a lot as I think he was the first person to offer you and your family a refuge when the forest fires were dangerously near your home a few years ago?
He has been battling his demons for a long time and hopefully he is at rest now. Thoughts with his family and friends. So sorry not to be in Tenerife for the funeral. RIP Mike.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Atlantico. I didn't remember him well but thoughts with his friends and family. Just read about Al Jay! I was more familiar with his comments and am so very sorry to hear about his passing too. So sad for all families, friends and Forum members.

BobMac
18-11-2014, 15:01
I don't wish to get involved in any arguments or discussions about the politics regarding the TFoF BUT on behalf of all their members who are/were members of this forum, I have agreed to post to say how sad they are to hear the news about Mike - they all agree that he was a true gentleman and many regard him as a friend.

YOUNG GOLFER
18-11-2014, 15:24
It's a shame we have lost two members of our forum and both members that contributed a great deal over the years R.I.P. both of you. And BobMac thank you for your post and send the members back on the other forum our thanks for their message.

BobMac
18-11-2014, 15:58
It's a shame we have lost two members of our forum and both members that contributed a great deal over the years R.I.P. both of you. And BobMac thank you for your post and send the members back on the other forum our thanks for their message.

I will pass on your thanks.

At times like this, I personally don't believe there is a place for bickering about things that happened in the past.

DaveRF
18-11-2014, 17:11
I am at a loss for words. Mike was always the one person that I used to turn to for advice on here. My thoughts are with all his friends and family. RIP Mike. One in a million.

Kirsty thanks for taking the time to let me know about Mike.

He was a true gent and very wise. He was one person you could go to for advice and get honesty. He was never judgemental and was bloody good fun to hang out with socially.

RIP Mike you will be a big miss.

seanocelt
18-11-2014, 18:11

And our friend from Liverpool not too long ago, Al Jay. Sad indeed.

bonitatime
18-11-2014, 19:35
Very sad news
Rest in peace Mike

jeste747
18-11-2014, 19:49
So sad news. My condolences to his family.

Harmonicaman
18-11-2014, 19:56
Just been told about this, my condolences to his family & friends. Also to the families of Al Jay and Atlantico. Three good guys...

Tom & Sharon
18-11-2014, 20:53
RIP Mike.

Really? Was this announced? :(

BobMac
18-11-2014, 20:56
RIP Mike.

Really? Was this announced? :(

Good question - if it was it doesn't show in a search, if it wasn't, why not given how much he put into the forum.

COL NIL SATIS
18-11-2014, 22:07
So sorry to hear this news.Sincere condolences to Mikes family.

RIP Mike.

macdonald5
18-11-2014, 22:14
Good question - if it was it doesn't show in a search, if it wasn't, why not given how much he put into the forum.

I certainly did not see it and would remember (distinctive avator)

KirstyJay
18-11-2014, 22:29
I certainly did not see it and would remember (distinctive avator)

I haven't seen that either. If it's true, that's awful news too.

kingbaker
18-11-2014, 22:36
First I've heard about Atlantico.....didn't see any announcement.

kingbaker
18-11-2014, 22:38

I only had a quick look but I didn't find anything about it.

chifleta
18-11-2014, 23:23
RIP Mike. Condolences to friends and family at this sad time.

Andy0210
19-11-2014, 00:18
I can confirm that Atlantico passed away peacefully at the beginning of September after a short battle against cancer, very sad news, he was one of the good guys here.
Nobody to blame for not being announced as the sad news was kept very low key.
Sorry to hear the sad news regarding Mike, R.I.P Mike.

martincrabb99
19-11-2014, 10:14
I have just read the news about Mike and it is really such a shame......I didn't know him personally but from his writings he displayed that he was a very caring person and I feel for all of his family and friends

chifleta
19-11-2014, 10:29
I can confirm that Atlantico passed away peacefully at the beginning of September after a short battle against cancer, very sad news, he was one of the good guys here.
Nobody to blame for not being announced as the sad news was kept very low key.
Sorry to hear the sad news regarding Mike, R.I.P Mike.

It's all very sad news indeed :( RIP Atlantico and again condolences to friends and family.

kingbaker
19-11-2014, 11:02
It's all very sad news indeed :( RIP Atlantico and again condolences to friends and family.

From me also.:confused:

dede
19-11-2014, 11:19
Very sad to hear this, my first experience with Mike was when he started the forum line dancing, we had such a laugh. Rip Mike x

Vortex Wake
19-11-2014, 14:05
Very sad news.

Rip Mike

Graceylacey
19-11-2014, 15:57
Very sad news about Mike. I did have the pleasure of meeting him and what an amazing guy he was. Memories came flooding back yesterday of the old forum days. RIP Mike

KirstyJay
19-11-2014, 16:03
Very sad to hear this, my first experience with Mike was when he started the forum line dancing, we had such a laugh. Rip Mike xYeah, those were really good nights! Pidgeon-toes.... :)

dokgolf
20-11-2014, 00:45
I don't wish to get involved in any arguments or discussions about the politics regarding the TFoF BUT on behalf of all their members who are/were members of this forum, I have agreed to post to say how sad they are to hear the news about Mike - they all agree that he was a true gentleman and many regard him as a friend.

I would just like to echo ( and thank) BobMac, from ourselves on the other forum. I never had the privilege of meeting Mike face to face, but he went out of his way to help me on occasion. I would also like to pass on our condolences about Al Jay who constantly caused people to smile. Both gentlemen will be a huge loss to yourselves and the larger Tenerife community. In addition, I only heard the day before yesterday that Atlantico had passed away. Again, our sympathies to his family and all who knew him. We have a saying in Ireland "Ni bheidh a leithead aris ann", which means "Their like will not be here again". I think in these circumstances, it is very apt.

admin
20-11-2014, 20:27
I have been informed by Mike's family that the cremation will be held in Santa Cruz on Monday at 4pm, but will be mainly for family, however if anyone would like to pay their respects and celebrate Mike's life, you can join them at the Treehouse in Chayofa from 7.30pm.

Thank you.

On behalf of the forum, we would like to send some flowers. If anyone else would like to do anything, or would like to contribute, please contact us via email at admin (at) tenerifeforum.org.

tactileman
20-11-2014, 23:22
Just to confirm to those of you who might like to join us at The Treehouse on Monday, there will be a buffet and a glass of something to celebrate Mike´s life. As you can imagine this week has been very, very busy making the necessary arrangements here as well an ensuring that Mike´s family is made welcome and comfortable at this very sad time. I hope we shall many of you at The Treehouse.

Andrzej
21-11-2014, 00:25
The comments about Mike on this thread are absolutely lovely and such a great comfort to me and I am sure will be to his 3 sons and his sister . Although it has been said that the cremation in Santa Cruz is basically for family, anyone those up north especially, that would not be able to come to The Treehouse in Chayofa in the evening are more than welcome to come to the crematorium for a short service at 4pm should they so wish...........otherwise...see you in the Treehouse7.30 pm Gabbie

warbey
21-11-2014, 21:09
Sorry I can't be there. I will be saying a Prayer around 4pm though. R.I.P.Mike.

princessmonika
22-11-2014, 09:00
very sad rest in peace mike

Malteser Monkey
22-11-2014, 11:48
Sorry I can't be there. I will be saying a Prayer around 4pm though. R.I.P.Mike.

That's a bril idea Warbs - we will together on here eh !

Balcony
22-11-2014, 15:47
This is very sad news. I only knew his via the forum and he always seemed a genunely nice man.

kingbaker
22-11-2014, 17:45
I guess the service is on Monday evening

Malteser Monkey
22-11-2014, 19:18
I have been informed by Mike's family that the cremation will be held in Santa Cruz on Monday at 4pm, but will be mainly for family, however if anyone would like to pay their respects and celebrate Mike's life, you can join them at the Treehouse in Chayofa from 7.30pm.

Thank you.

On behalf of the forum, we would like to send some flowers. If anyone else would like to do anything, or would like to contribute, please contact us via email at admin (at) tenerifeforum.org.

kingbaker

Monday dear

kingbaker
22-11-2014, 19:59
Thanks MM ......getting my days mixed up!

Margaretta
23-11-2014, 18:20
The floral tribute from the Forum is a lovely idea. I would have gone to the Tree House if I had been in Tenerife. Thoughts with his family.

Malteser Monkey
23-11-2014, 18:55
I guess the service is on Monday evening

Dear oh dear service is Monday 4pm afternoon

Treehouse in Chayofa 7.30pm

Andrzej
24-11-2014, 03:17
It really would be great to see as many of the Forum members as possible at The Treehouse Monday 24th at 7.30 pm to celebrate Mike's life.............He was such a great guy and would love a party..as he said to me once:
"If you're looking for me
I'm down by the sea,
Where the seagulls fly..............."

Thank you
Gabbie

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2014, 11:30
Hope it goes well - we will be here :pray:

Little after 4 - I'm here :pray:

kingbaker

Goforgold
28-11-2014, 16:18
Just popped into the Forum, only looked in a couple of times over the last few months and I am shocked to read of the passing of Mike. He shared a lot of his experiences when trying to help me at one time. As many Members have posted, he went out of his way to help.

I am also shocked to read about Atlantico too. Very sad year for the Tenerife Forum. RIP both. xx

Andrzej
29-11-2014, 02:51
Thank you all for the lovely comments, words of sympathy and the private messages I have received. I will pass all of this to Mike's family too. Mike's sons and his friends here have been a great support to me- the eldest son traveled all the way from New Zeland to say his goodbye- the two others from the UK. I know he will be missed on the forum in many ways, but not as much as I will miss him.
Rest in Peace my dear Mike, all your troubles are behind and I am sure you will be remembered for your wit, humour and sensible advice here on the forum

Gabbie

Susief
29-11-2014, 09:27
Thank you all for the lovely comments, words of sympathy and the private messages I have received. I will pass all of this to Mike's family too. Mike's sons and his friends here have been a great support to me- the eldest son traveled all the way from New Zeland to say his goodbye- the two others from the UK. I know he will be missed on the forum in many ways, but not as much as I will miss him.
Rest in Peace my dear Mike, all your troubles are behind and I am sure you will be remembered for your wit, humour and sensible advice here on the forum

Gabbie

Gabbie he was a great guy and will be sorely missed on here. Big hug to you at this sad time xx

SueB
19-01-2015, 19:28
So sad to hear this news, like so many others on here I didn't meet Mike in person, but felt as though I knew him from his posts and advice. RIP

marbro8
19-01-2015, 20:26
i had no idea that either of these two respected members had passed away, i am truly shocked and saddened:(, my thoughts are with their respective family's xx

Andrzej
30-06-2016, 21:35
Today was Mike's birthday. He would have been 65. Lost out on his pension! Birthday memories to you Mike............your ashes may have been left in Tenerife under the cross at Mirador de Centinela but I still have you in my heart. Hopefully I will return there in November.
Never forgotten............
Gabbie

Red Devil
30-06-2016, 22:13
He hasn't been forgotten. He was a good man who always helped whenever he could.

macdonald5
30-06-2016, 22:16
Remember his posts and understood he had some health issues RIP Mike xx

imablue
30-06-2016, 22:28
My how time passes..........Gone but not forgotten ..eh..

Andrzej
30-06-2016, 22:56
I have memorial flower vase in Dukinfield cemetry ....sorry can't send photo though I have tried!

Goforgold
01-07-2016, 16:56
That is a coincidence, I was thinking of both of you yesterday and wondering how you are. x

Susief23
01-07-2016, 22:21
That is a coincidence, I was thinking of both of you yesterday and wondering how you are. x

That's weird as so was I. I didn't really want to write on his FB.
He is gone but not forgotten. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrzej
04-11-2016, 00:12
I return to Tenerife after 2 years,,,,,even hard now but I have to do this......arrive 10th November and stay with very good friends in Puerto

Ecky Thump
04-11-2016, 00:25
I return to Tenerife after 2 years,,,,,even hard now but I have to do this......arrive 10th November and stay with very good friends in Puerto

It doesen't feel like it's been two years since the sad loss of Mike.

Andrzej
04-11-2016, 00:35
Believe you me........it feels like a centaury..........he was so much fun when well...I am returning to Tenerife after 2 years "to bury the ghost" though I still love him

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I hope to be at the Shires on the 15th/ or 16th at The Apollo centre in Los Christianos and then move
on to where I scattered the ashes

Tasos
04-03-2022, 16:06
Rest in peace.