PDA

View Full Version : What's your 70's anthem?

KirstyJay
24-11-2014, 00:47
I got : Lady Marmalade - Patti Labelle (1975)

Sexy, soulful, and full of fun & confidence - you share a lot in common with Patti Labelle's New Orleans themed hit, LADY MARMALADE. We've all heard the newer rendition, but this classic was forged by one of music's most unique divas - It's a playful seduction piece that hits all the right funky notes without being too crass or trying too hard. We're pegging you as the same, a sweet & classy individual who also knows how to have some fun.

http://www.playbuzz.com/jonb10/whats-your-70s-anthem

Medman
24-11-2014, 09:45
Rhythmically unique, reflective, and widely considered to be one of the best songs of all time, The Eagle's HOTEL CALIFORNIA shares a lot in common with you. The song's slow and intrinsically hypnotizing composition gives off vibes of mystery, curiosity, and longing - all wrapped in a classy pseudo-southwestern package. The journey it describes is a lot like your own - a life of opened and closed doors... A mixed bag of emotions that leaves you with the phrase "it gets better" as you try to decipher whether certain elements of your life are of heaven or hell. We're willing to be this song already speaks to you, and if it didn't before we hope it does now. SPOT ON

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2014, 11:22
First off, LAWD'A'MERCY this song is good! The ultimate break up song, I WILL SURVIVE has become so much more than that over the years. Not only is this song your own personal 70s anthem, but an anthem for empowerment and survival and independence the world over. This classic's rip-roaring beat and passionately accurate vocals make it a timeless classic, and we say it perfectly embodies a class act such as yourself

Gloria Gaynor I will survive

Story of my bleedin' life:crazy:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Rhythmically unique, reflective, and widely considered to be one of the best songs of all time, The Eagle's HOTEL CALIFORNIA shares a lot in common with you. The song's slow and intrinsically hypnotizing composition gives off vibes of mystery, curiosity, and longing - all wrapped in a classy pseudo-southwestern package. The journey it describes is a lot like your own - a life of opened and closed doors... A mixed bag of emotions that leaves you with the phrase "it gets better" as you try to decipher whether certain elements of your life are of heaven or hell. We're willing to be this song already speaks to you, and if it didn't before we hope it does now. SPOT ON

One of my fav songs of all time

Ecky Thump
24-11-2014, 11:49
Not the Simon Garfunkel classic version, but Elvis Presley singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" this was the year after our son was born following some very difficult times for us....So it's a very personal anthem.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzc2x09ISu4

chifleta
24-11-2014, 14:15
BUT OF COURSE ;)

Many words have been used to describe Freddie Mercury and Queen's timeless classic BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY: Strange, quirky, blasphemous, invigorating, and of course - epic - All of which are words that could be used to describe the innards of both your mind and soul. A poppy and energetic individual whose imagination knows no bounds, this song's winding thematics and brazenly over-the-top elements were made to accompany you! This is the song you need to be blaring in the car whenever you need a piece of music to make your soul soar.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::band::serenade::gui tar2::guitar1::afro::headphones::dj::rave::harp::h eadbang::romeo::rock::boohoo::rave::rave::rave::ra ve::rave::rave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcKY2UZOmY

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Blasphemous and up and down..... yup, that's me .........

primrose
24-11-2014, 17:23
December 63.This classic hit by The Four Seasons is a lot like you - an upbeat, funky package hiding a romantic and nostalgic soul underneath. The song itself isn't about longing for the old days, its about romance and memories and capturing that feeling of bliss and appreciation. The more you can look back on your past with satisfaction, the more gratifying the future will be, which makes this the perfect 70's anthem for you!

melm
24-11-2014, 18:23
I got Hotel California by the Eagles but it's wrong. It should be Either Moonshine by Free or Cowgirl in the Sand by Neil Young.

I will survive.................Gloria Gaynor. :woo::cheer::heyhey::heyhey:

Thats me,:eyebrows: a survivor!

Malteser Monkey
24-11-2014, 20:46
I will survive.................Gloria Gaynor. :woo::cheer::heyhey::heyhey:

Thats me,:eyebrows: a survivor!

same as me mate !

Addick
24-11-2014, 21:02
December 63.This classic hit by The Four Seasons is a lot like you - an upbeat, funky package hiding a romantic and nostalgic soul underneath. The song itself isn't about longing for the old days, its about romance and memories and capturing that feeling of bliss and appreciation. The more you can look back on your past with satisfaction, the more gratifying the future will be, which makes this the perfect 70's anthem for you!

Same here.:serenade:

Think I prefer my heavy metal song!

warbey
24-11-2014, 21:30

I will survive, so it says.......................

Just put Me down for Northern Soul!