PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Why was there no Los Cristianos market yesterday?

essexeddie
24-11-2014, 19:32
No market in LC yesterday, I wonder why?

Ecky Thump
24-11-2014, 19:38
No market in LC yesterday, I wonder why?....

Oh Gosh!!:eyebrows:

martincrabb99
24-11-2014, 19:40

Weather reports.....

Ecky Thump
24-11-2014, 19:43
Over the last few weeks the market certainly seemed popular in its present position.

primrose
24-11-2014, 19:45

Because of the strong winds during the night.

tfs1
24-11-2014, 21:13
Gazebos delivered in the early hours of Sunday morning but then later removed due to continuing very strong overnight winds as mentioned by primrose. It turned out to be a lovely calm day - you win some etc etc.

No longer a problem when they eventually return to the original location, expected to be mid December (Sunday 14Dec) - if the 'chatter' is correct.

dublinguy
04-01-2015, 18:36
Is the original market near to where it is situated at present then

marbro8
04-01-2015, 18:53
Is the original market near to where it is situated at present thenyes you just walk to the bottom of the road it is on, turn left and walk over the crossing, and it is just there on the left hand side just in front of the arona gran hotel:)

essexeddie
04-01-2015, 20:03
yes you just walk to the bottom of the road it is on, turn left and walk over the crossing, and it is just there on the left hand side just in front of the arona gran hotel:)

Do what?
Glad I already know where it is. ;))

tfs1
04-01-2015, 20:56
yes you just walk to the bottom of the road it is on, turn left and walk over the crossing, and it is just there on the left hand side just in front of the arona gran hotel:)

does this mean it has now moved back to its original position from its temporary home on the road next to the Atlantida apartments and opposite Victoria Court 1 ?

Ecky Thump
04-01-2015, 21:01
does this mean it has now moved back to its original position from its temporary home on the road next to the Atlantida apartments and opposite Victoria Court 1 ?

The market is operating on the road outside Victoria Court 1...... marbro8 was giving directions from Spaghetti Junction in Birmingham!!:laugh:

marbro8
04-01-2015, 21:36
does this mean it has now moved back to its original position from its temporary home on the road next to the Atlantida apartments and opposite Victoria Court 1 ? i don't think so yet? but there is talk of it moving back to it's original pitch at a later date, dublinguy was just asking if the original position of the market was anywhere near to where it is now outside the victoria court apartments, and as it isn't far i was just directing him:)

tfs1
04-01-2015, 21:45
So the conversation I heard from one market stall holder about moving in December 2014 clearly hasn't happened.

As I have mentioned previously it could also be that as the stall holders still like it where it now and could be delaying the move back - they like the space between stalls, the walkways are a little wider and that customers can now stop and have a look at what is on the stalls rather than be swept along. It would be interesting to know if there has been a reduction in pickpocket activity.

marbro8
04-01-2015, 21:48
So the conversation I heard from one market stall holder about moving in December 2014 clearly hasn't happened.

As I have mentioned previously it could also be that as the stall holders still like it where it now and could be delaying the move back - they like the space between stalls, the walkways are a little wider and that customers can now stop and have a look at what is on the stalls rather than be swept along. It would be interesting to know if there has been a reduction in pickpocket activity.and if the price of the pitches are the same?:wink2: and as essexeddie posted that the market should have gone ahead on the 23rd of december outside the victoria court i would say not :dontknow:

tfs1
04-01-2015, 22:46
and if the price of the pitches are the same?:wink2: and as essexeddie posted that the market should have gone ahead on the 23rd of december outside the victoria court i would say not :dontknow:

We will have to wait for Eddies update/report next Sunday to see it it has moved back to its original location near the Arona Gran from its temporary place opposite VC1 - sadly I can not report anything as we are not back until later this month.

essexeddie
05-01-2015, 00:34
I shall give it my up most attention next Sunday.��

princessmonika
05-01-2015, 08:06
i like the adeje market -- more space and cleaner-- and safer :copper:

essexeddie
05-01-2015, 11:28
Last time we went to the Adeje market it was so packed we left. Its all the same stalls. No where to park. So that will be the last time I'm afraid.

dublinguy
05-01-2015, 18:49
Is that the market near fanabe on the way to la caletta that yoh are talking about or the one near the police local station in adeje

essexeddie
05-01-2015, 18:59
Is that the market near fanabe on the way to la caletta that yoh are talking about or the one near the police local station in adeje

Ooooo you got me there. I think its the one near the police station. But not sure where the one in Fanabe is?

tfs1
05-01-2015, 23:20
I shall give it my up most attention next Sunday.��

We await with interest the news - at least we now have the right man in the right place on the job, hopefully the WIFI will be working !

dublinguy
06-01-2015, 11:11
Ooooo you got me there. I think its the one near the police station. But not sure where the one in Fanabe is?

The one in fanabe is as you pass the del duque shopping centre and head for la caletta and it will be up on your left hand side opposite another shopping complex where you can park your car in the basement car park and the charges are very reasonable

Tshirt
06-01-2015, 12:08
The one in fanabe is as you pass the del duque shopping centre and head for la caletta and it will be up on your left hand side opposite another shopping complex where you can park your car in the basement car park and the charges are very reasonable

That's right, it's between CC Plaza del Duque and CC El Duque, almost opposite the Costa Adeje Gran Hotel on Avenida De Bruselas.

essexeddie
06-01-2015, 14:53

That must be the one we are talking about then. Where is the market near the police station. Yes I know,its near the police station:)

bonitatime
06-01-2015, 20:26
The one near The police station is an event based Market in Adeje town

essexeddie
06-01-2015, 20:56
There you have it. Its Fanabe market that we are talking about. People (tourists) do call that market Adaje which is confusing. Hey ho!

Tshirt
06-01-2015, 21:16
There you have it. Its Fanabe market that we are talking about. People (tourists) do call that market Adaje which is confusing. Hey ho!

But it's not called the Fanabe market, the sign on the edge of the site says Adeje Market.[emoji4]

essexeddie
06-01-2015, 21:52
But it's not called the Fanabe market, the sign on the edge of the site says Adeje Market.[emoji4]

Don't confuse me Big T. I thought I had sussed it.

Tshirt
06-01-2015, 22:44
Don't confuse me Big T. I thought I had sussed it.

Before it moved it was the Torviscas market, now it's the Adeje market situated in Fanabe [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

essexeddie
11-01-2015, 16:45
Yep! The Los Cristianos Sunday market was on today outside Victoria Court One as usual. Not that I went round it.

tfs1
11-01-2015, 17:06
Yep! The Los Cristianos Sunday market was on today outside Victoria Court One as usual. Not that I went round it.

Thanks for the update, so much for it moving back to its original location last month.

essexeddie
11-01-2015, 17:27
Murthy is here and very vocal. Dressed as an Elf

tfs1
11-01-2015, 21:29
Murthy is here and very vocal. Dressed as an Elf

Oh I wish we were f****** there !, maybe (thankfully ?) he will have f***** left before we f****** arrive. Someone pinched his f****** bike before Christmas and was planning to get a f****** scooter.

Eddie - some people may think your post is a coded message !

essexeddie
11-01-2015, 21:39
He may be still here when you get back :-)))