PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Where can I buy real natural turf grass in Tenerife?

Faraway
25-11-2014, 14:32
Apologies everyone, I just realised I put "artificial" in my last post - no wonder I was getting some funy replies! The post should have read "Does anyone know where I can buy Cesped Turf" in Tenerife - i.e. the natural stuff!

Many apologies!

Jabba43
30-11-2014, 00:21
can imagine grass seed grows like mad in that climate. Saw my neighbour do his lawn watering it every other day for 2 weeks over the summer and it grew quickly.

Faraway
30-11-2014, 16:35
can imagine grass seed grows like mad in that climate. Saw my neighbour do his lawn watering it every other day for 2 weeks over the summer and it grew quickly.
Yes, it does grow reasonably quickly but the weeds are growing even quicker and as its such a huge area we're having problems - like having to crawl over 1/2 acre on hands and knees pulling huge weeds out. The clover here is enormous, not like UK clover and it grows into a small tree - there's tons of that too. Am beginning to wish we'd never started, but cesped turf over the top might do the trick!

bulldog
30-11-2014, 17:11
the castle garden centre at the entrance of Golf del Sur has what we call elephant grass it sends off runners and ends up very thick and spongy to walk on
it does come as turf but you don,t lay that way you pull off clumps and plant them in the soil when you see the price of it you,ll understand why I give up on grass
years ago you need all the time in the world to look after it plus the water cost we could never work out why the more we watered it the more it was dying an old
canarian gardener told me to dig up a clump in the dark and shine a torch on the underside there we,re loads of little black worms eating all the fresh roots ¨called
arugas that was it I through the towel in

DonaldMark123
14-12-2015, 14:04
we sell Natural turf Grass if you interested then contact us Phone 987-686-4968