PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Purse snatched today in Las Chafiras

canarybird
26-11-2014, 19:45
Unfortunately there was another purse snatching today down in Iceland in Las Chafiras.

I went down there on a coach excursion with members of the British Games Club from Pto de la Cruz for a shopping trip and one of our senior ladies on the bus had her purse pinched in the store. I understand she lost around €400, as well as her cards and documents including her residencia.

As she was sitting at the next table to me in the cafe I heard her story as she was being consoled by staff and club members. So sorry for this her.

Please be aware everyone that this is happening here in Tenerife every day so keep your purses and wallets chained or well hidden where they cannot be easily removed without your knowing.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Can't seem to edit this and it came out twice sorry. :"So sorry for her".

canarybird
26-11-2014, 19:46
Unfortunately there was another purse snatching today down in Iceland in Las Chafiras.

I went down there on a coach excursion with members of the British Games Club from Pto de la Cruz for a shopping trip and one of our senior ladies on the bus had her purse pinched in the store. I understand she lost around €400, as well as her cards and documents including her residencia.

As she was sitting at the next table to me in the cafe I heard her story as she was being consoled by staff and club members. So sorry for her.

Please be aware everyone that this is happening here in Tenerife every day so keep your purses and wallets chained or well hidden where they cannot be easily removed without your knowing.

imablue
26-11-2014, 20:38
Sad to hear CB.The said lady must be very upset,sadly this is the way of some scumbags nowadays.
Be very aware that those said scumbags are on the look out for an easy touch ...

warbey
26-11-2014, 21:17

And Everyone will remember the Outing for all the wrong reasons..

I first saw a referral to this incident on Twitter, so it's been well publicised.....

melm
26-11-2014, 21:20

And Everyone will remember the Outing for all the wrong reasons..

Shocking thing to happen on what should have been a pleasant day out. Always seems worse when its an older person.

Shame on them !

warbey
26-11-2014, 21:26
Shocking thing to happen on what should have been a pleasant day out. Always seems worse when its an older person.

Shame on them !

As one of those there Older People it would be a little more than shame on them if I had My way

Some stocks would be good.....Plenty of Tomatoes to throw..??

Tshirt
26-11-2014, 21:44
As one of those there Older People it would be a little more than shame on them if I had My way

Some stocks would be good.....Plenty of Tomatoes to throw..??

Only tomatoes Warbs

macdonald5
26-11-2014, 22:14
Only tomatoes Warbs

What a horrible day for this poor lady !! Scumbags don't consider anyone other than their own greed

martincrabb99
26-11-2014, 22:34
Only tomatoes Warbs

Well you know my views....I would deal with them in a manner which would not be acceptable to some!

Ecky Thump
26-11-2014, 22:54
Well you know my views....I would deal with them in a manner which would not be acceptable to some!

Yes, a "Smack in the Mouth" ofton offends! :cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
26-11-2014, 23:08
Yes, a "Smack in the Mouth" ofton offends! :cheeky:

What a terrible thing to happen... such a shame. We need to be aware not to carry money anywhere. Never more than about 50 quid / euros. It's just not necessary these days

That poor woman and such a shame to ruin the trip

martincrabb99
26-11-2014, 23:09
What a terrible thing to happen... such a shame. We need to be aware not to carry money anywhere. Never more than about 50 quid / euros. It's just not necessary these days

That poor woman and such a shame to ruin the trip

Well said!

BoPeep
28-11-2014, 11:26
Two eastern european women tried to pick pocket my husbands wallet from his pocket in the new Chinese emporium in Las Chafiras the other day. They denied it of course.

melm
28-11-2014, 19:59
Two eastern european women tried to pick pocket my husbands wallet from his pocket in the new Chinese emporium in Las Chafiras the other day. They denied it of course.

Do these shops not have CCTV cameras? Here in the UK we have cameras round very corner in some stores

BoPeep
28-11-2014, 21:03
No, her friend just looked at us as if we were dirt and said 'how dare you suggest such a thing from us' and then they disappeared.

primrose
28-11-2014, 21:10
No, her friend just looked at us as if we were dirt and said 'how dare you suggest such a thing from us' and then they disappeared.

I really think it's time the shops spent some money on CCTV cameras to deter these scum and provide some protection for their customers. The shops have known for a long time what is going on but they just shrug their shoulders and do nothing.

imablue
28-11-2014, 22:29
Lets get real here though.If you haven,t heard about ..Purse snatchers, Wallet dippers and the likely- hood of being taken for a soft touch whilst out shopping ..
i would have to ask what planet do you live on.
ok for shops to put cctv in but these people that rob people dont give a toss what/who they take ...be it in a shop, a market stall.. its their way .....
I can only say be very aware that this goes on a daily basis in every part of the world ..
So be very careful what you carry one your person ..you know it makes sense ..

timmylish
29-11-2014, 01:59

Since they replied in English what gave you the impression that they were Eastern European, out of curiosity of course.

BoPeep
29-11-2014, 08:43
The accent was a dead give away combined with their appearance not to mention the fact that they talked to each other in their own language as they went off 'so offended'!

I know this is going to be a hot potato but let's face it, we all know they are brought up to steal if you don't then talk to someone who lives in the east of England near Boston and the like!