PDA

View Full Version : Other I'm fed up with street leaflets in Los Cristianos

golf birdie
27-11-2014, 15:38
is anyone else fed up with the amount of leaflets being left around the streets in Los Cristianos? Everywhere I walk there are leaflets for cheap excursions all over the place. They hang from fences, palm trees and are on every available ledge as well as being blown all over the place. How can they get away with causing so much litter? Funny how they say in the booklet they will take you to the unspoilt areas of Tenerife!!! Well they must be the areas where they do not fly tip their rubbish.

chifleta
27-11-2014, 23:33
Well said, i'm surprised the council don't fine them (backhanders involved probably), because if you're not allowed to stick posters on the bins etc but they just dump these leaflets everywhere with stones on top, it looks so messy.

Jabba43
28-11-2014, 22:37
On the other side these businesses need to make money and as the tourists do not really listen to the radio, watch TV or search local internet so I guess they try and reach them this way. Bins are well segregated for recycling so I am sure lots goes round in a circle.

golf birdie
29-11-2014, 11:47
On the other side these businesses need to make money and as the tourists do not really listen to the radio, watch TV or search local internet so I guess they try and reach them this way. Bins are well segregated for recycling so I am sure lots goes round in a circle.

the only recycling these leaflets are doing is blowing around every open area. Why don't they just open a shop like everyone else has to if they want to sell their products or pay excursions shops commission to sell them? Can you imagine what it would look like if every business in Tenerife just stuck piles of paper wherever they wanted to?

blondie
03-12-2014, 16:20
is anyone else fed up with the amount of leaflets being left around the streets in Los Cristianos? Everywhere I walk there are leaflets for cheap excursions all over the place. They hang from fences, palm trees and are on every available ledge as well as being blown all over the place. How can they get away with causing so much litter? Funny how they say in the booklet they will take you to the unspoilt areas of Tenerife!!! Well they must be the areas where they do not fly tip their rubbish.

thought it was just myself who was irritated with the mess this company causes with their leaflets. this has been going on for so long now. What makes them think that sticking a rock on top of a pile will stop them from blowing around. The last two weeks with the awful weather and high winds we had was the final straw for me as I was smacked full in the face with one them. I feel so sorry for the cleaning folk who have to clear up these morons mess, surely the council can stop the cause of this litter.

essexeddie
10-12-2014, 22:18
I usually pick them up and throw them in the bins