PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport What questions do you get asked when you take a car for ITV?

Hey Jude
28-11-2014, 10:30
I need some information to the kind of questions asked during the inspection.

I have to go this time on my own and know you have to drive through yourself, which I have never done before, so would appreciate it if someone could tell me what they ask you to do.

I already have an appointment and am not over the time limit.

Stoney
28-11-2014, 12:05
Is really easy if you speak spanish if not explain to the office that you don't speak spanish otherwise you won't know what they are asking you to do, when you drive the car through the checking procedure. From memory, but it is two years since I took mine, they will ask you to turn on your lights, use dip and main beam, check indicators, brake lights and reversing light, so checking these before you go is a must as it will fail if they don't work. Then they check the car exhaust emissions. You also drive over a pit which incorporates a rolling road, a mechanic asks you to apply the brakes and the hand brake, turn the steering wheel to full lock each way. He checks the underside of the car for any problems, then you wait for the result.:pray: In my humble opinion a much better system than in the UK and a lot quicker. Hope this helps and good luck

In The Sun
28-11-2014, 12:05
Don't worry if you don't speak Spanish they all speak English. Just let them know you only speak English

Stoney
28-11-2014, 12:18
Don't worry if you don't speak Spanish they all speak English. Just let them know you only speak English

Hey thanks for the new info, because the guy down the pit didn't last time I went, but I was lucky as someone else was there to tell me what he said.

In The Sun
28-11-2014, 12:24
Yes The twice that I have been the guy at the top of the pit has always been there and he spoke English

Hey Jude
28-11-2014, 15:37
Thanks everybody! Itīs the pit bit thats got me worried. I have been there before but just waited outside instead of listening and watching. Oh well, here goes....

In The Sun
29-11-2014, 11:20
Why is there no update ???

Hey Jude
29-11-2014, 12:09
Thanks again to everybody for their answers butI havenīt been yet. My appointment is for next week.

canarybird
29-11-2014, 18:21
They will also check your seat belts. This is the ITV station in Los Realejos.

Although I speak fluent Spanish, sometimes the fellow will tell me to get out of the car and he'll take it over the rolling bumpy road thing, maybe just because I'm a female and a foreigner he may think I'm a bit stupid (?) Oh----right....I'm also blonde. :cheeky:

Anyway if you don't understand what they are asking, (with lights, lifting up hood and turn on/off motor etc) they will reach inside your car and do it themselves.

For some reason I can never remember where is the lever inside that lifts up the hood(!) And that's when the fellow reaches inside and pulls it. (I did say I was blonde.)

I do know how to open it when I'm outside the car though.

Hey Jude
29-11-2014, 18:36
Ditto!!!! Thanks for the further bit of info.

bonitatime
02-12-2014, 19:38
I have given up going last two times I sent my other half

essexeddie
18-12-2014, 22:36
Hey Jude you never told us how you got on?