PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving back to the UK

samwelltarly
28-11-2014, 19:34
Hi guys. my wife and I live in Tacoronte and we moved to Tenerife in June; the company we both work for had relocated from the UK to Santa Cruz, so we either had to lose our jobs or relocate. We had a wedding to pay for in August, so we had little choice. Some people might think that this was a great opportunity for us, but to be honest, we aren't really keen on life here and we miss our friends and family. We had never visited the island before the move and we never had any intention to come here.

Now that we are married, we will be spending the next few months paying off some remaining debts and I will be looking for work back in Blighty. When we moved here, we shipped our furniture over with us, sharing the cost of the cargo with several other members of staff in the office. In terms of cubic volume, it cost us €1050 to move our bulky items (such as couch, bed, wardrobes, etc.) which seemed very reasonable. I am now looking for removal companies to ship everything back and the quotes I am receiving are coming up between €3500 and €5000!!! These are from British companies (it was a British company that shipped our stuff here, btw). Whenever I have tried contacting and Tenerife based companies, they either ignore the emails or don't answer the phones. There is no sense of urgency whatsoever on the island, one of many things we are finding frustrating whilst living here.

The question is, does anyone know of any company that would be reasonably priced that could ship our stuff back to the UK? All suggestions would be much appreciated! :doh:

LUCKY
28-11-2014, 20:19
Hi guys. my wife and I live in Tacoronte and we moved to Tenerife in June; the company we both work for had relocated from the UK to Santa Cruz, so we either had to lose our jobs or relocate. We had a wedding to pay for in August, so we had little choice. Some people might think that this was a great opportunity for us, but to be honest, we aren't really keen on life here and we miss our friends and family. We had never visited the island before the move and we never had any intention to come here.

Now that we are married, we will be spending the next few months paying off some remaining debts and I will be looking for work back in Blighty. When we moved here, we shipped our furniture over with us, sharing the cost of the cargo with several other members of staff in the office. In terms of cubic volume, it cost us €1050 to move our bulky items (such as couch, bed, wardrobes, etc.) which seemed very reasonable. I am now looking for removal companies to ship everything back and the quotes I am receiving are coming up between €3500 and €5000!!! These are from British companies (it was a British company that shipped our stuff here, btw). Whenever I have tried contacting and Tenerife based companies, they either ignore the emails or don't answer the phones. There is no sense of urgency whatsoever on the island, one of many things we are finding frustrating whilst living here.

The question is, does anyone know of any company that would be reasonably priced that could ship our stuff back to the UK? All suggestions would be much appreciated! :doh:

Just an idea , why not hire a container so it can be shipped back to the UK,:flatcap:
Try contacting British companies.

and to start the ball rolling
http://www.shipit.co.uk/

samwelltarly
28-11-2014, 20:22
Just an idea , why not hire a container so it can be shipped back to the UK,:flatcap:
Try contacting British companies.

and to start the ball rolling
http://www.shipit.co.uk/

Sorry, we did hire a container originally, but thank you for the link, and I will check that out :)

Jabba43
28-11-2014, 22:29
Raul Lopez
ANALOGIC FORWARDING S.L.
raul@af-logistica.com

It would be 170 euro for a container with a few hours loading time and the return trip to Santa Cruz + the cost of the container and port fees. I would say ballpark 1500-2000 euro.

Relocating is not for everyone, shame you could not make it work out. I would have left it until after winter though :)

amanda
29-11-2014, 10:17
Hi there not long ago someone cant remember the name advertised, taking a full loaded van back sure someone will remember who posted the thread.

Tony the Welder
30-11-2014, 10:17
full van load 1250 door to door service by forum member dominatormadmax phone no 0044 7983218463 hope this helps