PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.2

admin
29-11-2014, 16:05
Good afternoon.

Shortly we will be upgrading the forum from the current version, 4.2.1, to the latest version of the vBulletin software, 4.2.2.

The software upgrade has been available for some time, however we have heard that it was not fully compatible with all addons, so we have waited a while in order to give developers time to upgrade their addons too.

Hopefully the upgrade will go without a problem, however if not, please report any issues you may come accross in this thread and we will try to address them one by one.

The upgrade will happen at around 3.30pm and if all goes to plan, it should only take a few minutes.

Thank you.

admin
29-11-2014, 17:21
It's looking more likely that this is going to take place at 4.30pm or sometime between 4.30 and 5pm, as backing up the current files has taken longer than anticipated.

Thanks.

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2014, 17:47
It's looking more likely that this is going to take place at 4.30pm or sometime between 4.30 and 5pm, as backing up the current files has taken longer than anticipated.

Thanks.

ok let us know then we'll have a shuffle around - see how things are

admin
29-11-2014, 17:53
I tried it at about half 3 but I had to re-upload the original files as it caused an error. I am going to try again in about 5 minutes.

No. It's not working. :(

lynno52
29-11-2014, 18:19
Everything seems to be ok now

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2014, 20:16
Everything seems to be ok now

Don't think they've done it yet mate

lynno52
29-11-2014, 20:21
Don't think they've done it yet mate

Oh , mine went off just before 5 and said it was their server error, then a few minutes later I could get back on:dontknow:

imablue
29-11-2014, 21:35
Doesn,t look any different to me ...oh yeah what about the Christmas Theme ..?

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2014, 23:27
Doesn,t look any different to me ...oh yeah what about the Christmas Theme ..?

go to the bottom of the screen where there's a tab that says default

Malteser Monkey
30-11-2014, 14:44
Have we had the upgrade

admin
30-11-2014, 16:17
I have moved some of the posts from this thread to the off topic thread. This thread is about the upgrade and any issues that may be a result of it. Can we please keep banter off this topic, as it isn't helpful.

The upgrade wasn't done yesterday. I attempted it 3 times and each time got a server error as lynno52 mentioned above, so I restored the original files. The outage was only about 2-3 minutes each time, so many members may not have seen anything and it should have only caused minimal disruption.

I have re-downloaded the update and will attempt to install it again in a few minutes. So, if anyone cannot access the forum, that is why. If the upgrade goes to plan, during the upgrade itself you should receive a 'forum closed' message, but if not you may get a server error like yesterday. Either way, we 'should' be back up again very shortly.

Thank you.

kingbaker
01-12-2014, 09:44
Hellllloooo anybody there.....any news??;)

admin
02-12-2014, 15:25
Hellllloooo anybody there.....any news??;)No. We've been talking to the support staff a vBulletin to try and find out what the problem is. Once we get a decent reply, we'll probably have another go.

Depending on the time difference, we might be able to attempt in again later tonight. Hopefully when the forum is less busy and any problems will not cause anyone any inconvenience.

kingbaker
02-12-2014, 16:14
No. We've been talking to the support staff a vBulletin to try and find out what the problem is. Once we get a decent reply, we'll probably have another go.

Depending on the time difference, we might be able to attempt in again later tonight. Hopefully when the forum is less busy and any problems will not cause anyone any inconvenience.

I'm having some probs.....when I press the Thanks button, it tells me I've no authorisation to enter this part of the forum about halt the time. Today I also got an email notification (which I had turned off).

Ecky Thump
02-12-2014, 17:13
I think it's normal to get a email notification from Admin when they quote you (that's presuming that is what and who you mean), also on the odd occasion I also get the same message when I press the thanks button.

admin
07-12-2014, 00:49
We will attempt the upgrade again shortly. Sometime after midnight.

admin
07-12-2014, 02:31
The update has now been completed successfully. If you encounter any unusual forum behaviour (from the program, not the members ;) ) please post as much information as you can, and links to pages that the errors occur on etc, below.

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 11:47
The update has now been completed successfully. If you encounter any unusual forum behaviour (from the program, not the members ;) ) please post as much information as you can, and links to pages that the errors occur on etc, below.

I just posted a reply and it gave me a strange message so just going to try again then I'll let you know

"Only variables should be pressed in preference" then it wnet I couldn't get the rest of the message

admin
07-12-2014, 13:23
I just posted a reply and it gave me a strange message so just going to try again then I'll let you know

"Only variables should be pressed in preference" then it wnet I couldn't get the rest of the message if it mentions a page name... such as XXXXXXX.php it would be useful to have that. It's usually at the end of the error and will let me know which plugin the error comes from so I can either see if there's an upgrade or just take it off altogether.

EDIT : Was it this? Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323

On another note, I've installed a few new plugins that are good anti-spam defence today. Last night the first plugin stopped no less than 1662 spambot registrations. Good eh? :)

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 13:53
if it mentions a page name... such as XXXXXXX.php it would be useful to have that. It's usually at the end of the error and will let me know which plugin the error comes from so I can either see if there's an upgrade or just take it off altogether.

EDIT : Was it this? Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323

On another note, I've installed a few new plugins that are good anti-spam defence today. Last night the first plugin stopped no less than 1662 spambot registrations. Good eh? :)

Yes that was it - prob come up again now

no it didn't the page just went blank and I had to restart the forum

ok this second time

admin
07-12-2014, 13:54

Has it gone yet?

Angusjim
07-12-2014, 14:00
if it mentions a page name... such as XXXXXXX.php it would be useful to have that. It's usually at the end of the error and will let me know which plugin the error comes from so I can either see if there's an upgrade or just take it off altogether.

KB will be happy with the new spam catcher but one seems to have slipped thru 5 posts offering untold wealth to residents who are out of work:redcard:

Tshirt
07-12-2014, 14:01

no it didn't the page just went blank and I had to restart the forum

ok this second time

That's happened to me as well when I posted a reply on the uk weather thread, blank screen, had to refresh page, but post was there ok. I use Safari, OS X 10.10.

admin
07-12-2014, 14:01
KB will be happy with the new spam catcher but one seems to have slipped thru 5 posts offering untold wealth to residents who are out of work:redcard:Yes, he has been contacted ;) One or two will always get through.

Is anyone else getting a blank page when using quick reply?

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 14:02
Yes, he has been contacted ;) One or two will always get through.

Is anyone else getting a blank page when using quick reply?

yes me I edited my last post on page 1 to tell you

Angusjim
07-12-2014, 14:02
Last two times I have replied screen goes blank with this message last time http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=36427

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Last two times I have replied screen goes blank with this message last time http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=36427

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 14:03
yeap have to keep closing down

admin
07-12-2014, 14:03
[/B]

That's happened to me as well when I posted a reply on the uk weather thread, blank screen, had to refresh page, but post was there ok. I use Safari, OS X 10.10.

Yes, I am getting this too. Not sure why. Tell me if it stops!

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 14:04
Yes, I am getting this too. Not sure why. Tell me if it stops!

everytime - I'm on google chrome

Tshirt
07-12-2014, 14:04
yeap have to keep closing down

Me too........

Angusjim
07-12-2014, 14:05
Me too........

Me too.......

admin
07-12-2014, 14:12
It should be ok now. I think it was a Tapatalk conflict, and after upgrading it now, it's posting ok again.

Angusjim
07-12-2014, 14:14
It should be ok now. I think it was a Tapatalk conflict, and after upgrading it now, it's posting ok again.

Worked OK with my last reply to the Spammer

Ecky Thump
07-12-2014, 14:15
Worked OK with my last reply to the Spammer

Ditto

Plus this post.

admin
07-12-2014, 14:25
OK. Thanks people. I am going to have a rest now, as I don't think there should be any other issues. If they do pop up, please feel free to note them down in this thread. Things like the error you get, what operating system and browser you are using and any links to particular threads or pasting the errors are good information. Anything that would help us replicate to error, in fact.

:)

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 14:34
OK. Thanks people. I am going to have a rest now

Blimey - sure is tough being Admin:D:whistle::wink2::cheeky::cheeky:

yes all posting fine now !

Addick
07-12-2014, 19:30
OK. Thanks people. I am going to have a rest now, as I don't think there should be any other issues. If they do pop up, please feel free to note them down in this thread. Things like the error you get, what operating system and browser you are using and any links to particular threads or pasting the errors are good information. Anything that would help us replicate to error, in fact.

:)

Not an 'issue' as such but someone seems to have stolen the 'Tenerife Forum' logo from the top of the page and replaced it with the VB one (I assume in reality it just gets replaced by them whenever you upgrade and forces you to have to put your own back)

COL NIL SATIS
11-12-2014, 20:13
Good work on the upgrade Admin,cracking effort,the site looks great.

Ecky Thump
16-12-2014, 00:32
Since the upgrade, when I'm useing Google on my iPad I've not been able to log out of the forum, if I am using Safari I can, has any one else having this problem?

Ecky Thump
17-12-2014, 18:39
Since the upgrade, when I'm useing Google on my iPad I've not been able to log out of the forum, if I am using Safari I can, has any one else having this problem?

Maybe admin will be able to give some advice.

Ecky Thump
18-12-2014, 21:29
admin Help Pleeese.:crying2:

admin
18-12-2014, 23:38
admin Help Pleeese.:crying2:

I have just logged in and out of the forum using chrome on iPad using both the mobile, Christmas and default themes, so unless you can expand on the problem or anyone else can replicate it, I can't help.

Have you tried clearing your cookies and/or cache? Have you tried restarting the chrome app, or your iPad, as as far as I can see it's not a forum issue.

Ecky Thump
19-12-2014, 00:01

I have just logged in and out of the forum using chrome on iPad using both the mobile, Christmas and default themes, so unless you can expand on the problem or anyone else can replicate it, I can't help.

Have you tried clearing your cookies and/or cache? Have you tried restarting the chrome app, or your iPad, as as far as I can see it's not a forum issue.

It's when I'm logged on with Google that I can't log out, Chrome and Safari are both OK. Ihave just deleted the Google app and reloaded and the problom is still there. All I can think of doing is just restrict my use on the forum to Safari.
Thanks for trying to help.

admin
19-12-2014, 00:59
It's when I'm logged on with Google that I can't log out, Chrome and Safari are both OK. Ihave just deleted the Google app and reloaded and the problom is still there. All I can think of doing is just restrict my use on the forum to Safari.
Thanks for trying to help.

But my point is that I've replicated the exact conditions you describe and I don't have the same problem.

iPad - check
Google Chrome browser - check
Tried on all themes

If you have restarted the app and restarted the iPad, maybe the OS version needs updating. What version are you running? Have you tried browsing via tapatalk instead?

Ecky Thump
19-12-2014, 01:17
But my point is that I've replicated the exact conditions you describe and I don't have the same problem.

iPad - check
Google Chrome browser - check
Tried on all themes

If you have restarted the app and restarted the iPad, maybe the OS version needs updating. What version are you running? Have you tried browsing via tapatalk instead?

iOS 8.1.2 all my updates are up to date.

Tomorrow I will try TapaTalk and doing a complete shutdown.

My wife has just pointed out that Google have just applied a update to my iPad and not hers....I will also try using Google on hers to see what the result is.

Angusjim
19-12-2014, 07:59

Heres some advice man up and stop whining:lol::lol:

eric.mcbay
19-12-2014, 09:51
Heres some advice man up and stop whining:lol::lol:

There will be more whining before this is over, I've downloaded Tapatalk and have no idea what to do with it, all I need now is a tuition from my youngest Grandson!

It looks like I'm not Ecky Thump any more!![emoji15]

This could be the first and only post by this new mysterious member [emoji33][emoji33]