PDA

View Full Version : Food Where can I get a Sunday dinner made with real beef or lamb on the Golf del Sur?

princessmonika
06-12-2014, 15:34
where in golf del sur and amarilla golf can i get a real beef , lamb dinner ?? not what most sell ,is processed food very thin sliced and than piled up
and a lot of instand gravy put over it -- potatoes and veg are not too bad , but the meat?????? well thats what i found in all the places i have had sunday dinner
i have to roast beef and lamb at home-- thats the answer and just go out for a drink after:cooking:

Chine
06-12-2014, 16:13
where in golf del sur and amarilla golf can i get a real beef , lamb dinner ?? not what most sell ,is processed food very thin sliced and than piled up
and a lot of instand gravy put over it -- potatoes and veg are not too bad , but the meat?????? well thats what i found in all the places i have had sunday dinner
i have to roast beef and lamb at home-- thats the answer and just go out for a drink after:cooking:

I think you have answered the question , all round yours on Sundays from now on !!!

princessmonika
06-12-2014, 16:32
hi chine you bring the roast i will roast it :hungry: but if you know a place where i can get a REAL sunday lunch that would be of interest

macdonald5
06-12-2014, 16:37
hi chine you bring the roast i will roast it :hungry: but if you know a place where i can get a REAL sunday lunch that would be of interest

Don't know the ' Golfs areas' but are there any Carvery style restaurants near
We found the roasts in Carveries usually good and lovely fresh veg too

Chine
06-12-2014, 16:42
All the Sunday lunches I've had on the golf have been thin sliced meat on offer , the answer maybe to have a lamb shank which is on offer at some places.

princessmonika
06-12-2014, 16:57
does anyone know a carvery style restaurant in golf del sur ????????

Chine
06-12-2014, 17:07
does anyone know a carvery style restaurant in golf del sur ????????

I've always heard good reports about the harbour lights ,but not tried it myself

Jabba43
06-12-2014, 20:04
I would be interested in this too, every Sunday roast I have had seems to come from Iceland. It is because of the price, needs to be 7 euro ish or people do not buy, I would pay for a proper dinner.

LUCKY
06-12-2014, 21:27

Please name en shame em so we can avoid, Where did you dine and not enjoy ? :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Chine
06-12-2014, 22:18
I was talking to a retired hotelier who lives on the golf a few months ago ,( well he used to be a chef who ended up owning a few hotels and did very well for himself ) , we had both just got back from watching cd tenerife and were in a very popular bar which sold sunday lunches , he asked me whether I'd ever eaten there and I said I had and I thought it was quite good , he waved my comment off and said he would never ever have one of these Sunday roasts in any of these places because no one goes into these bars etc at 5am to put turkey crowns and shoulders of lamb in the ovens ready for lunchtime serving and if they had have cooked later on the busy Saturday evening it wouldn't have had time to cool before they finished their shifts to put in the fridge ,so then having to stay out covered overnight , that coupled with the temperature/flies/roaches and all the other nocturnal tenerife kitchen nightlife,he had a point, I think il stick to the out of the fridge thin sliced Iceland Turkey that's on offer!!!

marbro8
06-12-2014, 22:24
I was talking to a retired hotelier who lives on the golf a few months ago ,( well he used to be a chef who ended up owning a few hotels and did very well for himself ) , we had both just got back from watching cd tenerife and were in a very popular bar which sold sunday lunches , he asked me whether I'd ever eaten there and I said I had and I thought it was quite good , he waved my comment off and said he would never ever have one of these Sunday roasts in any of these places because no one goes into these bars etc at 5am to put turkey crowns and shoulders of lamb in the ovens ready for lunchtime serving and if they had have cooked later on the busy Saturday evening it wouldn't have had time to cool before they finished their shifts to put in the fridge ,so then having to stay out covered overnight , that coupled with the temperature/flies/roaches and all the other nocturnal tenerife kitchen nightlife,he had a point, I think il stick to the out of the fridge thin sliced Iceland Turkey that's on offer!!!or get a bus or taxi to los cris and visit the roast house, the best roast dinner in tenerife, proper carved joints in front of you with piles of mash, roasters, yorkie's, stuffing, gravy and veg:bowdown::D

kingbaker
06-12-2014, 22:37
Tell me they don't serve yorkies.
Doh!! :p:p
Thought they were confined to LGDS :D:(:(:D:D

macdonald5
06-12-2014, 23:28
or get a bus or taxi to los cris and visit the roast house, the best roast dinner in tenerife, proper carved joints in front of you with piles of mash, roasters, yorkie's, stuffing, gravy and veg:bowdown::D

I agree, all the meats are good here but could almost be vegetarian in The Roast House as all the vegetables are delicious !! Even without the meats
I'm sure you can have a meal of vegetables only if you prefer

marbro8
06-12-2014, 23:36
I agree, all the meats are good here but could almost be vegetarian in The Roast House as all the vegetables are delicious !! Even without the meats
I'm sure you can have a meal of vegetables only if you preferyep i know it is €10 but it really is worth it, i get a bit peeved because i am not a big eater, but i love to see my family struggling to carry their plates back to the table with the dustbin lid sized plates stacked high with food with the aid of a forklift truck lol

West mids tyke
07-12-2014, 00:29
if you not big eater then i hope you big drinker next saturday marboro, the tykester coming to show you how its done lol see you 130 ish ring you when im near mate #walsallcanteathopecandrink

marbro8
07-12-2014, 00:37
if you not big eater then i hope you big drinker next saturday marboro, the tykester coming to show you how its done lol see you 130 ish ring you when im near mate #walsallcanteathopecandrinkha ha bring it on big boy we are on a roll and you have had a bit of a blip so should be interesting:D;)

princessmonika
07-12-2014, 09:57
well i dont believe that the meat cooked is left out over night -in this climate it will be stinking in the morning-- i was a catering manager --even in ireland we would never leave meat out over night - after roasting, it can be cut after 1 hour out of the oven - otherwise the meat would be a reheat - anyway each to there own :cheers:

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 11:45
or get a bus or taxi to los cris and visit the roast house, the best roast dinner in tenerife, proper carved joints in front of you with piles of mash, roasters, yorkie's, stuffing, gravy and veg:bowdown::D

I can't think of anywhere better I once ordered a peach melba for dessert that was another meal in itself - don't know why I ordered it the meal was enough !:yum:

marbro8
07-12-2014, 13:23
I can't think of anywhere better I once ordered a peach melba for dessert that was another meal in itself - don't know why I ordered it the meal was enough !:yum:because it is a woman thing:lol:, we have actually walked out of restaurants because they didn't have a very good desert menu, it's the first thing my wife looks at while i'm checking out the guest ales(that's a man thing):D

Malteser Monkey
07-12-2014, 14:01
because it is a woman thing:lol:, we have actually walked out of restaurants because they didn't have a very good desert menu, it's the first thing my wife looks at while i'm checking out the guest ales(that's a man thing):D

Funnily enough now I'm more inclined to go for a starter gambas or mushrooms etc - summit garlicy rather than the sweet stuff. A Nice baraquito to round it off is better:yum:

Tom & Sharon
07-12-2014, 21:36

Monika, they're all rubbish. They're selling for like 5€ or something stupid. How can you produce a quality dinner for that?

I believe "Howard's" is OK on GDS, but really, who wants OK? The only place I would ever eat out for a Sunday dinner is "The Original Bistro" in Los Cristianos.

Cook your own and go out for other things.

imablue
07-12-2014, 23:01
Just a suggestion, we heard that Palms Sports Bar above roys pizza place in Torviscas alto was worth trying, so we did , i know its not the Golf .. but hey without staying home and getting the ¿ real thing? what does one do..?
very nice and i would say, better than anywhere else we have tried, to the point of giving it up after over 8 years living here ...

princessmonika
08-12-2014, 09:04
hi sharon yes i have made up my mind i cook my own from now on = i will go out to eat other dinners in a good restaurant -- i rather pay 20 euro +for a good meal, because i do not go out eating a lot but when i do i dont want to the so called sunday lunch for 6 to 9 euro
so this is the end of the so called sunday dinners :cheers::christmascheer:happy christmas to all my friends

Tom & Sharon
08-12-2014, 11:09
hi sharon yes i have made up my mind i cook my own from now on = i will go out to eat other dinners in a good restaurant -- i rather pay 20 euro +for a good meal, because i do not go out eating a lot but when i do i dont want to the so called sunday lunch for 6 to 9 euro
so this is the end of the so called sunday dinners :cheers::christmascheer:happy christmas to all my friends

Merry Xmas Monika.

KirstyJay
08-12-2014, 15:22
Monika, they're all rubbish. They're selling for like 5€ or something stupid. How can you produce a quality dinner for that?

I believe "Howard's" is OK on GDS, but really, who wants OK? The only place I would ever eat out for a Sunday dinner is "The Original Bistro" in Los Cristianos.

Cook your own and go out for other things.

That's the problem isn't it? Many bars trying to undercut each other with a 2.50€ breakfast or a 5€ Sunday dinner, but at those prices they can't make a profit unless they serve up ****.

Tom & Sharon
08-12-2014, 15:27
That's the problem isn't it? Many bars trying to undercut each other with a 2.50€ breakfast or a 5€ Sunday dinner, but at those prices they can't make a profit unless they serve up ****.

Quite! It's not rocket science though really. If it says 5€ outside you're not going to get roast sirloin and lovely fresh veg, potatoes, Yorkies and wine gravy are you?

Sometimes, I think people must think bars and restaurants buy all their ingredients from some kind of magic shop with magic prices! ;)

Red Devil
13-12-2014, 18:40
Just a suggestion, we heard that Palms Sports Bar above roys pizza place in Torviscas alto was worth trying, so we did , i know its not the Golf .. but hey without staying home and getting the ¿ real thing? what does one do..?
very nice and i would say, better than anywhere else we have tried, to the point of giving it up after over 8 years living here ...

If people are moving away from GDS for recommendations then worth trying is Soul City at entrance to Ocean Park, just further along past the Rumpot at San Eugenio.
I only ever eat chicken but it is the proper stuff, the beef, lamb & pork look good too.
Plenty of veg, nice gravy and always piping hot! But unless you have ordered in advance they often sell out of some of the meats on offer.
Its easy too, catch the 483 bus from the Golf and get off right across the road from the bar, first bus stop after the San Eugenio shopping centre.
Thanks for your suggestion imablue, will try it soon.

imablue
13-12-2014, 20:39
Thanks,yes the only drawback for you would be the walk up from the bus stop.
But hopefully you will enjoy the dinner that makes the walk worth it ...
Actually we go to Soul City quite often ...but for breakfast.. and from there onwards to wherever and have yet to be back there for Sunday Dinner cos it finishes at 5 ..:tiphat:

ruffus
14-12-2014, 11:10
The best Sunday roast is at The Phoenix Bar at Los Abrigos. The meat there is the real thing, and it is cooked to perfection. The lamb is beautiful, and just falls apart. We have tried all of the meats, chicken, beef, lamb and every one has been delicious. Fresh vegetables are served with the dinners, and everything is piping hot. We have tried numerous other places at the Golf, but this one knocks the socks off all of them. You really must try The Phoenix, you will be impressed.