PDA

View Full Version : Work position available for summer for family, single mum, or young reliable adult

languagefan
08-12-2014, 14:52
Hello,

A friend wants to send her two kids (a boy and a girl 12, and 13) to Tenerife from 20 June 2015 to 20 Sep 2015 for 3 months, for them to learn and practise English. They speak a little bit of English that they have learned at school.

Why Tenerife? Long story beyond the scope of this post.

They come from a middle class family, are coming on a modest, but reasonable budget, have a very good upbringing, and are very respectful toward adults.

I am thinking of the following different scenarios, if any scenario seems appealing to you PM me direct with a maximum of 5 lines, a brief intro, mentioning scenario a), b), or c), or a) and b), or a) and c), with the amount of money you would want for the whole period for the services mentioned under each scenario, and if you like to leave your case to stay competitive among others mention the total amount you would want and add at the end: price negotiable. Don't worry if you cant contain your full CV in 5 lines, I can contact you through email, and you will be able to elaborate with more details. Please include your name and mobile number.
Please do NOT respond to this thread if it is not relevant to you.

Scenario A) You are a qualified English teacher with demonstrable experience of teaching English to kids, certificates, and references. You are a single mom, or a family ideally with children similar age to them, or a motivated and creative young and reliable adult, or able bodied and healthy pensioner, have a spare room for them to share, can offer them their meals, and make them feel part of the family. You teach them English 2-3 hours per day and give them tasks and homework to get on with, and engage with them another couple of hours a day (either you or your kids) to converse in English language, and you make them watch Disney channel an hour/day. You take them to a day trip around the island every fortnight (the costs paid separately) as part of your family. You are a native English/American/Australian/NZ English speaker, or an EU citizen with EXCELLENT command of English and you don't have a strong accent. You live preferably in South Tenerife. You have a reliable fast wifi connection at home.

Scenario B) You are not a qualified English teacher, but are a Uni/college graduate preferably with some teaching experience and references. You are a single mom, or a family ideally with children similar age to them, or a motivated and creative young and reliable female adult, or able bodied and healthy pensioner, have a spare room for them to share, can offer them their meals, and make them feel part of the family. You do NOT teach them English, but will take them to an English language school on a daily basis, and supervise them to make sure they do their tasks and homework, and engage with them a couple of hours a day (either you or your kids) to converse in English language, and make sure they watch Disney channel everyday for about an hour. You take them to a day trip around the island every fortnight (travel costs paid separately) as part of your family. You are a native English/American/Australian/NZ English speaker, or an EU citizen who has lived for a good few years in the UK or US, with "EXCELLENT", and I repeat "EXCELLENT" command of English language and you don't have a strong accent. You live preferably in South Tenerife. You have a reliable fast wifi connection at home.

Scenario C) I am putting an ad on helpx website re scenario C as well (work exchange with accommodation and food) You are a qualified English teacher, or a Uni/Cgraduate, with some teaching experience. You are a young, motivated, fun, reliable and creative single girl, or single mom with one young kid, and have several contactable character referees. You will work 4 hours per day solid (teaching English, and looking after them, food, taking them to school, etc) and engage with them a couple of hours a day to converse randomly in English language, and make sure they watch Disney channel everyday for about an hour. You take them to a day trip around the island every fortnight (travel costs paid separately). You are a native English/American/Australian/NZ English speaker, or an EU citizen who has lived for a good few years in the UK or US, with "EXCELLENT", and I repeat "EXCELLENT" command of English and you don't have a strong accent. You live preferably in South Tenerife. They rent you all an apartment to share, and will provide all of you with food, and a very small allowance (work exchange with accommodation and food Helpx style).

Many thanks for your attention, and please keep it brief. And once again do NOT respond to this thread if the above case is not relevant to you.

TOTO 99
08-12-2014, 16:08
Wow...that has to be the most confusing job offer I've ever seen.....:lol:

LUCKY
08-12-2014, 16:11
Wow...that has to be the most confusing job offer I've ever seen.....:lol:

I won't be applying :flatcap:

languagefan
08-12-2014, 16:22
Timewasters, and comedians have already been requested in the post above not to get involved with this thread please. TF used to be a very vibrant and active forum, and online vandalism has damaged it over past few years, and made many good members leave. Lets be kind, and helpful toward each other. Deeply appreciated in advance.

TOTO 99
08-12-2014, 16:32
Timewasters, and comedians have already been requested in the post above not to get involved with this thread please. TF used to be a very vibrant and active forum, and online vandalism has damaged it over past few years, and made many good members leave. Lets be kind, and helpful toward each other. Deeply appreciated in advance.

I accept what your saying but in my defence I was merely pointing out how difficult the post was to understand. The smiley was merely to keep things light hearted.

It sounds like a great job for someone and I hope you fill the position. (No smiley)

LUCKY
08-12-2014, 16:38
I accept what your saying but in my defence I was merely pointing out how difficult the post was to understand. The smiley was merely to keep things light hearted.

It sounds like a great job for someone and I hope you fill the position. (No smiley)

And i was just agreeing with my fellow Forum member .Also light hearted

Tony the Welder
09-12-2014, 10:16

timewasters and comedians you talk about, which comedian would put two you children in a position like this with people you do not know , sorry but it as to be said in an ideal world this would be great for the children ,, but we do not live in an ideal world