PDA

View Full Version : Education English language school: Advice needed please

languagefan
08-12-2014, 16:17
Hello,
A friend wants to send her two kids (12, 13, 1 boy, 1 girl) to Tenerife this summer. They don't speak Spanish and their intention is to learn English only.
Do you know a good English language school in South Tenerife suitable for adolescents, preferably in or near Adeje, with native English teachers.
Its important that the whole session is taught in English (not Spanish and English mixed).
Many thanks in advance

languagefan
08-12-2014, 18:36
many thanks, do you know if the classes are fully spoken in English only (not a mix of Spanish and English)? and are the teachers native English speakers?
Thanks

lynno52
08-12-2014, 19:04
many thanks, do you know if the classes are fully spoken in English only (not a mix of Spanish and English)? and are the teachers native English speakers?
Thanks

May be best if you contact them directly with you queries?

languagefan
08-12-2014, 19:18
Thanks again, but from the information on the website, I guess this is an international school not a "language" school. I am looking for an English language school.
any other advice deeply appreciated.

KirstyJay
08-12-2014, 19:21
Hello,
A friend wants to send her two kids (12, 13, 1 boy, 1 girl) to Tenerife this summer. They don't speak Spanish and their intention is to learn English only.
Do you know a good English language school in South Tenerife suitable for adolescents, preferably in or near Adeje, with native English teachers.
Its important that the whole session is taught in English (not Spanish and English mixed).
Many thanks in advance

We do an English summer camp in July and August. Although we speak in English (the teachers) we have international students. Last year we had Italians, a Catalan, 6 English kids, 2 Russians, a Czech as well as Spanish. The ages we take are 5 to 14 and we're based in Playa San Juan.

languagefan
08-12-2014, 19:34
Hi Kirsty Jay, I have been trying to contact you through your website right this moment!!
Can you please pm me your mobile so I can call you for a proper chat? many thanks.
PS: not possible to PM you here, your inbox is disabled.

KirstyJay
08-12-2014, 22:32
Hi Kirsty Jay, I have been trying to contact you through your website right this moment!!
Can you please pm me your mobile so I can call you for a proper chat? many thanks.
PS: not possible to PM you here, your inbox is disabled.

I was out doing my Xmas shopping as it's a fiesta day, so I seized the opportunity! Thanks for the chat. I'll keep in touch if I find anywhere to lodge the children, unless there are any British families on here that could offer lodgings?...

Tony the Welder
09-12-2014, 09:56
I was out doing my Xmas shopping as it's a fiesta day, so I seized the opportunity! Thanks for the chat. I'll keep in touch if I find anywhere to lodge the children, unless there are any British families on here that could offer lodgings?...

sorry but am I reading this right , you want to lodge two young children with people you do not really know , I would not put my grandchildren in that sort of danger

martincrabb99
09-12-2014, 10:10
In my experience appropriate vetting checks would take place prior to any placement but my knowledge is purely limited to the UK. I'm sure this is one of many matters being considered by all involved.

KirstyJay
09-12-2014, 10:17
sorry but am I reading this right , you want to lodge two young children with people you do not really know , I would not put my grandchildren in that sort of danger

No you're not. The OP wants to lodge children, not me. I have offered to help with the English courses only.

I'm sure if anyone comes forward he will do sufficient checks, as you or I would, but that's not really the subject of this thread, nor is it really necessary to be judgemental without reasonable information that would warrant it. [emoji4]

Tony the Welder
09-12-2014, 10:52
No you're not. The OP wants to lodge children, not me. I have offered to help with the English courses only.

I'm sure if anyone comes forward he will do sufficient checks, as you or I would, but that's not really the subject of this thread, nor is it really necessary to be judgemental without reasonable information that would warrant it. [emoji4]
hi kirstyjay I am not getting on to you I know you are just trying to help out , I have just expressed my opinion and yes possibly judgemental but with young children involved what sufficient checks can they do ,

KirstyJay
09-12-2014, 11:57
hi kirstyjay I am not getting on to you I know you are just trying to help out , I have just expressed my opinion and yes possibly judgemental but with young children involved what sufficient checks can they do ,

Ok. Thanks. I spoke to the OP last night and he is looking for somewhere for the children to lodge in an English or English-speaking family. He's looking well in advance, i.e. now, so he has time to meet people do checks etc in time for summer.

I would have said I could put them up myself, but I don't have the space in my house. We haven't got a spare room.